shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori 2510 vs 2620

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 1:59:27 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Date: 5/5/2009 12:11:00 PM

Author: motownmama

2510 made my heart skip a beat, but that''s just ME.

ditto. I think there is something very special about that setting.

Yeah I agree. I prefer the 2510.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A definite vote for the 2620. I''ve always loved that mounting.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 11:22:38 AM
Author: cleve-rocks
I would go with the 2620. It has thinner band which will make the diamond pop. I actually tried both in person and I prefer 2620. I love the way the thinner band taper into the stone. It compliments the stone better, especially the stone of that caliber.

The halo actually much more delicate in person than in the picture. This type of halo compliment the stone instead of hiding it like other halos.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 3:35:21 PM
I have seen them both in person - but the 2620 I saw didn''t have diamonds on the band (there are different styles you can order). I saw the 2510 and thought it was great. I really wish I could see the 2620 with all the diamonds in person. On another thread there were many pics on a hand and it looked great.
I know she likes the halo look - and this has that subtle halo, plus the diamonds on the band, and with a matching wedding ring next to it with diamonds on the band, the thing will def. be blinging like crazy. So I think why pay more when I am really sure she will like this one....
-- Plus, the 2510 is on a big billboard by my house and I personally don''t want to spend weeks searching (like I have been) and buy the one on the billboard... not that it will matter years down the road when she is still wearing it.

If I am ordering the 2620 in WG, will there be multiple options with width, or do they make them pretty standard dependng on center stone size? I saw something about petite, or something?? Not sure if that applies....?
I really don''t need any more decisions...!!!!

(If there are options - what do you all think? 1.26c center, 6.75 finger...?)
The halo is so tiny and I just love that look and of course I''m biased. The width of the band is 2mm standard on the different sizes. We had to pay more for the extra large setting which is based on the mm of your particular stone. I was told the petite is for smaller stones and then the regular size and then there is an extra large size. All have variying costs of course.

cleve-rocks

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 10:09:02 PM
Author: emeraldlover1

I have seen them both in person - but the 2620 I saw didn''t have diamonds on the band (there are different styles you can order). I saw the 2510 and thought it was great. I really wish I could see the 2620 with all the diamonds in person. On another thread there were many pics on a hand and it looked great.

I know she likes the halo look - and this has that subtle halo, plus the diamonds on the band, and with a matching wedding ring next to it with diamonds on the band, the thing will def. be blinging like crazy. So I think why pay more when I am really sure she will like this one....

-- Plus, the 2510 is on a big billboard by my house and I personally don''t want to spend weeks searching (like I have been) and buy the one on the billboard... not that it will matter years down the road when she is still wearing it.

If I am ordering the 2620 in WG, will there be multiple options with width, or do they make them pretty standard dependng on center stone size? I saw something about petite, or something?? Not sure if that applies....?

The halo is so tiny and I just love that look and of course I''m biased. The width of the band is 2mm standard on the different sizes. We had to pay more for the extra large setting which is based on the mm of your particular stone. I was told the petite is for smaller stones and then the regular size and then there is an extra large size. All have variying costs of course.

So - does anyone have the expertise on Tacori - if I have a 1.26 center, is this considered a small stone or normal? I am guessing I would stay with the "Regular Size" - 2mm?? again the ring size is 6.75. This wouldn''t be petite would it?

cleve-rocks

Rough_Rock
Here is an update. The jeweler said I should go with the 2620 not the 2510 because the 2510 would be a little too clunky on her. He said especially with the wedding band, everything would be too much for her hand size. He thinks the 2620 would be perfect and the sizing of the band/stone size/etc would be great and would really pop and be an eye catcher.

Thoughts?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it would clunky on a 6+ size finger. Have you seen my Tacori? It is 6 mm wide and I wear a 4.5. It is paired with a 2.5 mm wedding ring and I think it is perfect.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 10:12:44 PM

So - does anyone have the expertise on Tacori - if I have a 1.26 center, is this considered a small stone or normal? I am guessing I would stay with the ''Regular Size'' - 2mm?? again the ring size is 6.75. This wouldn''t be petite would it?
The band width is the same on all the sizes is what I was trying to tell you. Your center stone has a mm width. I''m guessing its probably around 6.5mm because of its weight. I''m thinking it will fit in the standard size. Better to ask the jeweler though. Basically, the only thing that changes on the different sizes is the head and the amount of stones in the halo which I imagine accounts for the larger cost.

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
Well, of course you know I am going to say that I like the 2620 - so close to mine (2623). It was the tiny halo that first caught my eye.

BI

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
2620 for me. it looks much more delicate...just the way i prefer!!!
36.gif
36.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
2510 for me, please!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 10:17:15 PM
Here is an update. The jeweler said I should go with the 2620 not the 2510 because the 2510 would be a little too clunky on her. He said especially with the wedding band, everything would be too much for her hand size. He thinks the 2620 would be perfect and the sizing of the band/stone size/etc would be great and would really pop and be an eye catcher.

Thoughts?
Like I said, I prefer 2620. So, ditto on what the jeweler said. Go for this band, she will love it more.

mom2twogirls

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 10:12:44 PM

So - does anyone have the expertise on Tacori - if I have a 1.26 center, is this considered a small stone or normal? I am guessing I would stay with the ''Regular Size'' - 2mm?? again the ring size is 6.75. This wouldn''t be petite would it?
I have the 2620 with a 1.34RB. They ordered a Medium based upon the dimensions of my stone. I think I remember my jeweler telling me that the Petite setting is for stones under 1 ct. I love my ring and have received so many compliments over the past year! Oh, and it is platinum.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I love the 2620. Absolutely love it.

futuremrsT

Rough_Rock
At first I liked 2510 because the detail on the band is so beautiful, but after seeing the profile pictures, I would have to go with 2620 because of the halo effect. My ring size is a 6.5-7 and I thought my finger was swallowing my solitaire...that is until we upgraded to a halo yesterday and it fits my finger size perfectly now. Another PSer made a point that in 2510 you may be able to see the color more...I think they made a good point. When I was at the jewler yesterday, my jeweler held up a G grade diamond next to an E and I was able to see the tint a the peak of the diamond...just my two cents. Both are gorgeous.

In terms of WG vs Platinum, I prefer WG for the simple fact that itLs shinier. I agree that that the whiteness may be replaced by a gold tint after much wear, but I''m sure your jeweler can replate it at little to no cost. Amongst my group of friends, it doesn''t seem like the care if one girl received a wg ering and another received platinum. However, my mom seems to disagree with me whenever I choose a WG ring...she says platinum is pure. So itLs really up to you. ILm sure your gf will be very happy just for the fact that you''re going through all this trouble to find her the perfect ring! :)

cleve-rocks

Rough_Rock
I just found out that my grandmother's diamond is available to set instead of the WF ACA. It is about the same size, but I need to see it to make sure it is of similar quality. How many of you all do sentimental diamonds in newer mountings? I think this could be pretty cool - except I will have to return the diamond to WF - I am sure they won't be too happy about that.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
2510 FOR SURE!

I think an H (for the WF) would look great in that setting.

As far as your grandmother''s diamond, that is very special indeed. I would definitely have it appraised, though, to see what you''re working with.

I think D-G would look best in the 2510, anything lower than that I''d put in the second setting. I''m crazy, I know.
35.gif

I''m not a fan of the thin halos, I think that''s what''s keeping me toward the 2510.

Mad Duck

Rough_Rock
I recently bought a 2628RDSP from tacori, which is similar in design. It has the halo and similar band. Mine just has sapphires on the sides. The main reason I bought this one is because of the way the halo looks around the diamond! I think it make the diamond look phenomenal. I think you will be really happy with the 2620 once the stone is set.
3.gif

futuremrsT

Rough_Rock
Def get your grandma''s checked out. It would be so special. My cousin received a 2.6ct RB ering passed down from her husband''s mom and they reset it in a Tiffany style band. It was very pretty.

HappyGirl222

Rough_Rock
I have the 2510 in WG. My stone is 1.10 ct and princess cut. It''s my dream ring!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 1:59:27 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Date: 5/5/2009 12:11:00 PM

Author: motownmama

2510 made my heart skip a beat, but that''s just ME.

ditto. I think there is something very special about that setting.

I agree..I LOVE this setting!!

jennkim27

Rough_Rock
Premium
2620 ....I LOVE this ring. The halo on it is so very delicate...I''m having WF make a custom Halo using it as a partial inspiration. Good luck...both settings are beautiful, you''re a lucky lady!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
HappyGirl, your ring is amazing!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I love both but I have to say that the 2510 was the second runner up to the 2352 that I ultimately got in platinum, which I love BTW. If I ever had a reason to own another Tacori, it would be the 2510.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 2:42:33 PM
I just found out that my grandmother''s diamond is available to set instead of the WF ACA. It is about the same size, but I need to see it to make sure it is of similar quality. How many of you all do sentimental diamonds in newer mountings? I think this could be pretty cool - except I will have to return the diamond to WF - I am sure they won''t be too happy about that.
Any news on the heirloom stone?

And for what it''s worth, I''ve never been a halo girl, but that tiny little Tacori halo like in the 2620 steals my heart every time I see it.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results