shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori 2510 vs 2620

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cleve-rocks

Rough_Rock
I am debating between these 2 settings. I have a WF ACA 1.26 in hand. Knowing the size of the center stone to be set, would that alter your decision between these 2 settings? I love the 2510, but is my stone big enough for it? I love the 2620 and feel like the setting will make my stone look even bigger. The 2510 will run me upwards of $1,500+ more. This is not the deciding factor, but that is one factor, knowing that they will both be knock outs.

Also - is it bad/wrong to buy a Tacori in WG instead of Platinum. It would save me a grand. Is that a bad idea?

Pics to follow (from the site). I don''t know the sizes of these stones in the pics... any guesses?

sazza

Rough_Rock
I love the 2510. I actually tried that one on once with a 1.5c and it looked quite nice. I don''t think the size difference between your 1.26 and this 1.5 would be all that different. I think it would be fine to get in white gold. I have a white gold antique ring that I adore and I have no complaints with it at all and I''m really hard on rings!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
They are both very pretty and I think you have a great size stone. I think white gold vs platinum is a personal preference. I have white gold and I love it. I would be tempted to save the $1500 and get the second one. You can''t go wrong either way
9.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like 2510 and I thin the stones in the photos are probably close the one you have! Tacori''s are very delicate and the setting will be proportioned to your diamond. Less maintenance on 2510 too since it has less (no?) pave. I don''t see a reason not to go with WG except that you need to get it plated and that may be more complex for tacori since you''d want it done by an authorized person, or them?

TLJP

Rough_Rock
I have the 2628 which is just like the 2620 only with step cut side stones in white gold and love it. I actually tried on the 2620 - it was absolutely beautiful on.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2510 made my heart skip a beat, but that''s just ME.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
IMO..
the prongs on 2510 (the 1st pic) is a bit too chunky for my taste.
I like how the 2nd one will make your stone seem larger and it looks more delicate

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the 2510!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the look of the first one, but I would want to change the prongs to the second one
40.gif
can you do that? but if you can''t then I vote for the 2620...and yes, I''d be tempted to go with White gold, but its what you prefer not what I prefer
2.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 11:22:38 AM
Author: cleve-rocks
I personally like the overall look of this one better.
1.gif

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the 2620 for your stone, I do think it will make the stone look bigger and I don''t think it''s an issue if you go with WG over plat you may even end up liking the look much better and you get to save money but have the setting you love it''s a win win in my book!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Either ring is gorgeous, but I prefer the first one, and I think that your stone will look big in either setting. You should be fine with WG too. Can''t wait to see the finished ring!

cleve-rocks

Rough_Rock
It seems to me that they are both overwhelmingly approved by most people.
This is a tough choice. I feel like they will both be head-turners. Here are the side shots...

Any thoughts on the side view - the 2510''s center stone seems like it is "floating" a little. The 2620''s is more hidden.

sHT251012X.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 12:11:00 PM
Author: motownmama

ditto. I think there is something very special about that setting.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
After seeing the profile shots I definitely like the second one better. I was leaning towards that one from the first photograph anyway, but you really can''t go wrong with either. Your stone will look BIG!!!

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I like the 2620...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 1:59:27 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 5/5/2009 12:11:00 PM
Author: motownmama

ditto. I think there is something very special about that setting.
Agreed. And I love seeing the whole profile of the stone.. what color is your diamond? That *may* matter in 2510... the open setting would show more color in the diamond if it were lower colored.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I like the second one. It looks really delicate and the halo will make your already large stone larger. I would go with the platinum so it wouldn''t have to be re-plated as with white gold. Plus I like having more weight on my finger.

cleve-rocks

Rough_Rock
It is an H color, SI2. It is completly eye clean by WF standards and by my standards. Even with a loupe you can''t really see anything. It is an AGS 0 Ideal cut, ACA, Hearts/Arrows. so I really want to show it off.

I am going back and forth on this one... let''s discuss the issue of WG vs. Platinum. My jewler makes is sound like they are the same, but I should do Platinum because "it''s platinum and she can tell her friends". This is pretty dumb...
What are the real reasons to go Platinum over WG? -- Note: She doesn''t have any allergies towards gold.

Back to the setting:
I would love to buy the 2620 in WG for the $$$$$... very doable and within my original price range.
The 2510 in WG will be expensive and the 2510 in plat is def more than I originally wanted to spend. HOWEVER: I have never been one to stay within a budget and want to get the best thing and what will make her happiest.

From her best friend''s opinion, my gf would absolutely love either one. (This is a surprise and I am working with her BF). I am not sure that she knows the price difference between the 2510 PLAT and 2620 WG is around $2500. So - there is a lot to think about between the 4 options........

So - the 2510 really won''t look bad with only a 1.26c ring? I feel like for the price of the setting, most people put a bigger stone in there.
I love both, but I am leaning toward the 2620, but I don''t want to make the decision soley based on price.

cleve-rocks

Rough_Rock
Her ring size is 6.75 if that weighs into the decision at all.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
You can''t go wrong with either one, but if I HAD to choose, I would pick the first one.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I like the 2510 better, both rings are really pretty, so you can not go wrong. I will definitely chose white gold, and save the extra money
3.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Have you seen both of these iin person? I have the 2620 for my ec center and I think all the tacori settings look sooo different in person. I''m not a fan at all fo the 2510 but that is personal preferance. I have it in platinum and love it.

cleve-rocks

Rough_Rock
I have seen them both in person - but the 2620 I saw didn''t have diamonds on the band (there are different styles you can order). I saw the 2510 and thought it was great. I really wish I could see the 2620 with all the diamonds in person. On another thread there were many pics on a hand and it looked great.
I know she likes the halo look - and this has that subtle halo, plus the diamonds on the band, and with a matching wedding ring next to it with diamonds on the band, the thing will def. be blinging like crazy. So I think why pay more when I am really sure she will like this one....
-- Plus, the 2510 is on a big billboard by my house and I personally don''t want to spend weeks searching (like I have been) and buy the one on the billboard... not that it will matter years down the road when she is still wearing it.

If I am ordering the 2620 in WG, will there be multiple options with width, or do they make them pretty standard dependng on center stone size? I saw something about petite, or something?? Not sure if that applies....?
I really don''t need any more decisions...!!!!

(If there are options - what do you all think? 1.26c center, 6.75 finger...?)

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
The 2620 is my dream setting. I just love it!

b.anna

Shiny_Rock
hi, i''m not sure if it''s too late to post this, but i found this pic of the 2620 on a hand. it''s not mine, so if this is someone''s ring on pricescope i''m sorry! i found it on ringenvy.com. the center stone is 1.77 but it could give you some perspective.

personally, i like the 2620 over the 2510. i think the 2620 is so classy with the little diamonds surrounding the center one. and the band is so delicate and gorgeous. my FF is getting me the 2623 which is a 3-stone version of the 2620. i''m so excited :)

regarding wg over platinum, i would personally opt for platinum. since white gold is not naturally white, it may take some work to maintain its color to ensure it doesn''t revert to yellow gold, or form a yellowish tint. i currently have a three-stone ring that is white gold but it took on a yellowish tint before the jeweler plated it, so i''ll always go with platinum over wg.

anyway here is the pic below, hope it helps! good luck :)

0215tacori2620finger.JPG

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
2510!!!!! I LOVE it!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results