shape
carat
color
clarity

SYTYCD: Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 3:03:37 PM
Author: Honey228
I really like him though so I hope he shows up in an upcoming season.

I guess you could say the same for those who try it when they''re too young to qualify. Brandon and Hawk did that and there was a guy who auditioned this season and got an early Vegas ticket for next season.
Hoc didn''t have a work visa (he''s British), so that''s why he didn''t make it the first time. It''s all abut exposure in professional dance. Maybe that 17 year old will get an offer from a company that saw him on the audition. Never know!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m rewatching Brandon''s incident last night. Poor Mary. She is so emotionally invested in him, and I think she was about to SLAP Lil'' C or whatever his name is...

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I just watched this week''s episodes on DVR.

I couldn''t believe they left the 2 brothers for the last 2 guys to choose 1 from. I guess I should have seen that coming from a production standpoint, but I sure didn''t. I thought they both were great and deserved to be in the top 20. A lot of people would have enjoyed seeing them. But I do think a good point was made on here earlier - that the other brother will probably be back in the Fall. I sure hope so - he was so good - the whole package.

This is my first season actually watching, so I''m pretty excited though.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I am excited about the top 20. It was, IMO, so mean of them to do that to the brothers. How painful! Both of them were adorable and really enjoyable.

Re: Brandon... I think it''s more nerves than arrogance, too. He is clearly a talented guy. Mia was harping on it so much that it made me wonder if she was making such a fuss just to add some drama
20.gif
She is ridiculous.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe Mia felt like Brandon also needed to commit to his artistry the way he commits to his unitards.
9.gif
Mia''s nuts. She''s great at what she does...but she''s a whackadoo. He''ll prove her wrong soon enough!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 2:27:29 PM
Author: lucyandroger

Date: 6/5/2009 2:23:52 PM
Author: tlh
I like Brandon. I personally felt her (Mia''s) personality attacks on him were uncalled for. I think he is a beautiful and strong dancer, and I dont care if she doesn''t like him. I like him a lot more than a lot of other dancers they''ve had before, and I think he looks like a scared nervous kid... not a pompous jerk.
I agree, tlh.

Mia was out of line and I''m glad Mary stood up for Brandon last night. It seems that Mia created expectations in her head from what other people said about Brandon and now is blaming him for not living up to those expectations. It''s fine if she didn''t like him but to keep saying hurtful, nasty, unproductive things was just completely out of line.
I was really ticked off about how un-professional and mean Mia was to Brandon...it was really out of line and im glad that the comments were stopped by Debbie Allen.I really lost respect for Mia Michaels.I also cant believe she refused to clap when he was put in the top 20...very childish and self centered.She is supposed to encourage growth and not inhibit it!She needs to apologize to Brandon and her fellow judged for her lack of professionaism.I dont think Brandon will get a fair judgement from her at all during the show because she showed she is no longer impartial.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I''m actually watching it live, haha!
36.gif

This is my first season actually watching the show, and boy have I been missing it! Man this is so much better than most of the vote-in shows. GREAT talent too.

I loved the first hiphop routine. Didn''t quite get the broadway one, but like one of the judges said, it was unfortunate for them to follow up the first one.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
I have to share my excitement.....
WADE ROBSON IS BACK!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Haha... He''s one of my all time favourite dancers, and easily my fav. choreographer on SYTYCD. I hope he sticks around now that he''s back
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eesh, going from that hip hop to the Broadway...not good...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. That Samba. ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY AMAZING.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve got to say, I really think they opened and closed the show with the best dances.

I had to rewind my DVR at the end to watch that first hip-hop routine again. LOVED IT.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
The first and last dance were great...also enjoyed the ballywood inspired dance!This should be a close /good season!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
My favorites: the first, last and the second to last with the ballerina. Favorite moment: Mary admitting botox

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so I just watched that first routine about 6 times in a row on my DVR and I''m starting to get a little crush on Phillip. He''s not someone I''d usually find attractive, but he''s growing on me.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys are right ... that first routine was KILLER! I couldn''t stop replaying it either. They usually start the season with a great dance & this year is no exception! My other fave was the naughty ballerina''s Mandy Moore routine. I wanted to like the last one ... and wanted to like the other hip hop ... and wanted to like Bollywood ... but didn''t really. I totally fast forwarded through the Charlie Chaplin jazz number & the wack ballroom purple floaty thing with Brandon. Blech.

Bottom three: Charlie Chaplin Jazz couple, Purple Ballroom Brandon & & & & Bollywood? Or other Jazz with mini-Gene Kelly? Gosh I hope not him, he''s my 2nd fave guy!

YAY FOR DANCING BEGINNING!!!!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVED the Bollywood routine! That''s such a physically demanding type of dance, and I think it''s really cool that they''ve incorporated it into the show (although I thought last season''s with Katee and Joshua was better). I kind of thought that tonight''s elimination for the girls was a bit unfair. Asuka''s solo was, to me, awkward and almost manic, and Nigel made it sound like the other girl was eliminated just because she was a contemporary dancer and they preferred to keep a female ballroom dancer in the mix. Philip is a fast favorite for me--that guy just doesn''t have bones in his body!!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Our TIVO (which is quite new btw) decided to have a malfunction on Wednesday. It just stopped recording, so I missed everything.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I like watching Mary as much as watching the dancing!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Well, due to stupid weather here in Iowa, I missed at least half of tonight''s episode. They kept breaking-in to update that there are tornadoes. Grrrrrr.

My SO is the sales manager for our local FOX station so he''s currently texting the news director to see if they can re-air the show late tonight so I can DVR it and watch it tomorrow. I love this man. Haha.

I missed everything from Vitolio/Asuka and on. Anything good?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any thoughts on tonight? POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW:

I was extremely underwhelmed. Not crazy about any of the choreographers they used tonight, except for the new one named Sarah. For some reason Sonia doesn''t ever really do it for me-her stuff always looks the same. I also NEVER like Shane Sparks'' routines...they''re so weak compared to Tabitha and Napoleon''s routines. Blah, I was really looking forward to it, too, because I feel crappy tonight. I hope next week is better because I was not impressed with tonight!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
it was ok tonight..nothing grand but I did love the routine by the new Canadian choreographer. I love the contemp. dances. I can''t wait for Mia Michaels and her choreography...they always make my heart go Awwwww

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I''m just stopping in quickly to make a general statement about how a.) I think there is some amazing talent this season, which is REALLY exciting for me! and b.) how much I think the show has evloved since the first couple of seasons. I remember the first season when it was basically ballroom, contemporary or hip hop. I love how now we have disco, the jive, broadway, lots of latin dancing...and this is the first season I''ve actually really liked the ballroom on the show with last week''s foxtrot and this week''s waltz. I love this show more than ever!

I just wish they''d stop letting Li''l C judge--he''s a terrible judge. I can''t think of a single instance in any season where the dancers could have walked away from him and actually learned something from him. I understand that with Nigel and Mary''s background in ballroom, they need a judges to fill in the "hip hop" void, but he''s just awful.

And I hope Mia will realize how unfair she is. The woman hates all things conventional: she hates conventionally pretty girls and conventional beautiful dancers because she only wants to focus on dark, brooding quirky dancers who she feels are "underdogs". How ironic that she''s developed a little princess complex.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I was underwhelmed with most of the choreography. I LOVED the canadian lady''s routine though. If she keeps that up she will fast become one of my favs. I also love Louis'' choreograhpy. He rocks! Of course I think he is a HOTTIE and I love him! :)

I can''t wait for Mia. The Shane Sparks routines weren''t that great. I was disappointed.

The dancer''s are good though. I don''t really have a fav yet.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Ade and the ballerina are my favorites.
30.gif
I love Sonia''s choreography, it''s so quirky and crazy! But in a weird way I want her to be in the bottom three so I can see her solo. We missed her audition because our stupid power went out.
14.gif

It''s gonna be hard to guess who''s going home this season. I hope Phillip and ...his partner (why don''t I know any of the girls'' names?!) don''t, even though their tango was awful.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Mia choreographed the opening piece for tonight, so excited for that!
36.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2009 11:31:04 AM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I''m just stopping in quickly to make a general statement about how a.) I think there is some amazing talent this season, which is REALLY exciting for me! and b.) how much I think the show has evloved since the first couple of seasons. I remember the first season when it was basically ballroom, contemporary or hip hop. I love how now we have disco, the jive, broadway, lots of latin dancing...and this is the first season I''ve actually really liked the ballroom on the show with last week''s foxtrot and this week''s waltz. I love this show more than ever!

I just wish they''d stop letting Li''l C judge--he''s a terrible judge. I can''t think of a single instance in any season where the dancers could have walked away from him and actually learned something from him. I understand that with Nigel and Mary''s background in ballroom, they need a judges to fill in the ''hip hop'' void, but he''s just awful.

And I hope Mia will realize how unfair she is. The woman hates all things conventional: she hates conventionally pretty girls and conventional beautiful dancers because she only wants to focus on dark, brooding quirky dancers who she feels are ''underdogs''. How ironic that she''s developed a little princess complex.

I''m going to have to DITTO your entire statement. Someone needs to get Lil C a dictionary and tell him that using big words doesn''t make you smart. I also have a serious aversion to the way he says "buck."

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, Lil C sounds like an idiot. Especially because half the time he uses big words he uses them incorrectly! I don''t like him at all!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Poor Lil'' C ... sometimes he makes sense ... sometimes not. Dancing with "divinity" = smoothness? I *kinda* see where he''s going but he doesn''t quite get there. Its like he eats DictionaryBits for breakfast. Hmmmm.

Anyway - I agree with the MEH analysis of last night. And that the Canadian chick''s routine was the best. (Only one I had the urge to watch twice). It actually got *better* for me the 2nd time around because the first time I was too swept up in the music to properly concentrate. Love that "Falling Slowly" song! Having a well-known song is a double edged sword. It can make the whole thing pop -- or it can distract because the song itself is too engrossing. Maybe that happened last week with their "Poker Face" cha cha or samba or whatever. Hmmmm x2.

So what the heck happened to Shane Sparks? Has he lost it? That was a steaming pile o'' Hip Not ... IMHO. And who put crack in the Disco lady''s fruit smoothie? And why do I wanna smack the brooding smirk off that Askia girl''s face? And why oh why did my Phillip have to pull Tango?

Here''s what saved the night: Pistachio soft serve. Bring it, Mia.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Shane hasn''t been choreographing much?
40.gif
Maybe he lost his touch. Maybe it''s the dancers... I always loved his stuff in previous seasons because it had so much punch and energy. Meh is right.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Kayla is my favorite
1.gif
this season...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results