shape
carat
color
clarity

SYTYCD: Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Starts tomorrow night (May 21 on FOX)!! Anyone planning on watching again this season??

To see the preview: http://www.fox.com/dance/

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoo hooo! I loves loves loves it. I'm still thinking about the "Bleeding Love" routine from last year -- probably partly because Chelsie's been such a great addition to Dancing W/The Stars this year!

Can't wait!!! (Though I like it more once it gets past the audition section & into routines)

36.gif

ETA: Here's the Bleeding Love vid for anyone nostalgic ...

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I might, I''m not sure, I did really enjoy that show last summer!
36.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 3:05:39 PM
Author: decodelighted
Whoo hooo! I loves loves loves it. I'm still thinking about the 'Bleeding Love' routine from last year -- probably partly because Chelsie's been such a great addition to Dancing W/The Stars this year!

Can't wait!!! (Though I like it more once it gets past the audition section & into routines)

36.gif

ETA: Here's the Bleeding Love vid for anyone nostalgic ...
At least once a week, I still catch myself driving down the road singing that song and thinking about the dance... sad, I know, but it was incredible!!
9.gif

ETA: Tlh, last season was the first one I made it all the way thru start to finish, I'm hooked. There's plenty of room up here on my bandwagon if you'd like to join!!
41.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I was just wondering when the new season would start!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I can''t wait!

Ditto on the Bleeding Love- I was sick of that song before I saw the dance and then I became totally hooked again! I also love anything Mia Michaels does!

I''ve seen every episode of every season, but that was only because MTV ran marathons before last season. So many great dancers have been on that show.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t wait! This is really the only reality show that I love and watch religiously.

That Bleeding Love routine killed me. I can''t hear that song without thinking of the dance. I also loved the one with Katey and the door (maybe to Mercy?). And I can''t hear "One Night" or whatever that song is by Chris Brown without thinking of Twitch and shoot, now I can''t think of her name. I can see their dance in neon green though. The girl that got kicked off and then brought back when that other girl hurt herself.

Ok, I''ll stop now.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m so excited for this show to start!!! I wait for it all year. My fave of all the seasons is still the one by Cam and Lacey when they were wearing white (crap! Can''t think of the song now...). It was so emotional, makes me cry everytime I watch it!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
The good news is that the 6th season is going to air this fall as part of FOXs regular schedule.

And I must be the only one that hated the Bleeding Love dance . . . However, Napoleon and Tabitha did a routine for SYTYCD Aus and it was amazing.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t even know about the 5th season until now!!!! What a perfect way to spend my birthday!
1.gif

My absolute favourite routine from last season was the Tim Burton wedding routine (Chelsie and Mark; choreographed by Mia Michaels). Soooooo good!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i flippin'' can''t WAIT!! it''s my absolute favorite show on tv. eeks! the previous have me on the edge of my seat already!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!!!

I LURVE that show. It''s so funny how I can really dislike a song, and then see some kick*ss choreography and fall in love with it. I hated "No Air" by Jordan Sparks and wasn''t a huge fan of "Forever" by Chris Brown until last season''s AWESOME dances.

And I get a little choked up whenever I think of the Viennese Waltz to "A New Day."

Okay, I''m officially pumped. Bring it on.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
OH OH, I''ll be watching!

It is my absolute favorite reality show! CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 3:05:39 PM
Author: decodelighted
Whoo hooo! I loves loves loves it. I''m still thinking about the ''Bleeding Love'' routine from last year -- probably partly because Chelsie''s been such a great addition to Dancing W/The Stars this year!

Can''t wait!!! (Though I like it more once it gets past the audition section & into routines)

36.gif

ETA: Here''s the Bleeding Love vid for anyone nostalgic ...

Ditto on all points! I am so stoked!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I''m excited there are a few of us watching!! I remember last year we picked up tons of others thruout the season.
I also read that they are starting casting for Season 6 on the 28th (next Thursday), but I had no idea it would be on next fall!!! I just hope it''t not on Sunday or Thursday night.
38.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 2:19:16 PM
Author: meresal
I''m excited there are a few of us watching!! I remember last year we picked up tons of others thruout the season.
I also read that they are starting casting for Season 6 on the 28th (next Thursday), but I had no idea it would be on next fall!!! I just hope it''t not on Sunday or Thursday night.
38.gif
I think it''s going to be Tuesday and Wednesday.

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Can''t wait to watch!!!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
I already have a couple of favorites just after watching last night. The two that went last I remembered from last season''s auditions, and I''m soooooooo glad they came back because I love both of ''em! I think my all-time favorite is probably Heidi and Travis doing "Calling You" by Mia Michaels, and I love Wade Robsen!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I AM SO EXCITED IT''S BACK ON!!! I LOVE this show and I wait for it every year! I hope it doesn''t lost it''s appeal because they are putting it on twice in one year though!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woot! I''m pumped! I had DVRed it so I watched it today, and I watched Brandon Bryant''s audition about 4 times. WOW. Loved that music and the choreography. And holy he77 those legs! (They look much better on TV, than they do on youtube.)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 4:56:36 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Woot! I''m pumped! I had DVRed it so I watched it today, and I watched Brandon Bryant''s audition about 4 times. WOW. Loved that music and the choreography. And holy he77 those legs! (They look much better on TV, than they do on youtube.)

That is exactly what I am watching right now, Freke. I am excited. This and LOST are the only shows that I really watch!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 7:49:26 AM
Author: icekid
Date: 5/23/2009 4:56:36 AM
That is exactly what I am watching right now, Freke. I am excited. This and LOST are the only shows that I really watch!
The legs or the dancing is why you''re watching?
31.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bump! It''s on tonight! YAY!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Tyce is sassy tonight!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show! I have some favs but I can''t remember their names. I think the top 20 is going to be a tight contest this year. I really liked the girl last night that did a fairly popular song but it was changed up some had a creepy funky type feel to it. Dang it I wish I could remember her name. Nigel commented on the song arrangement. I loved the Tap dude that did Thriller (do I remember that combo correctly?) I watched it from DVR last night and kind of buzzed through it cause I wasn''t feeling too well. I can''t wait till we get to the top 20.

I also loved the Bleeding Love routine. But I also LOVED Katee and Joshua''s No Air. Here''s a link for those that want to remember :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGG_w6vFApM&feature=related

This is stretching back in my memory but I also loved the matress routine. I think that was Twitch and Kherington? Oh I found it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okwPGYGAUSQ&feature=related

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 9:05:30 PM
Bump! It's on tonight! YAY!!!
I'm jumping on the wagon! This is the first season I've watched it, but all my other shows are off now and I need something to have to watch! Plus I loved Chelsie and Lacey on DWTS, so I decided to watch this after finding out they originated there.

Haha but I didn't know it was coming on Wednesday night... haha it's DVR'd and waiting for me then!
3.gif

Last week, I think one of my favorites was Chu-MEE-zee.
2.gif
Haha but he needed to lighten up about his name. I really liked Brandon too, as Freke also mentioned. Also I liked the girl, can't remember her name though... but she wasn't chosen last season when paired up with her roommate I think... anyway she did great. I thought it was very moving when the choreographer (sorry, don't know her name either
40.gif
with the black hair) would tear up... she definitely did at the most moving ones.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
It''s on tonight too I believe. Don''t forget! :)

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 9:15:47 PM
Author: icekid
Tyce is sassy tonight!
Loves it!
30.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
So it will be on Wed & Thurs, right? I am so ecited about all the great contemporary dancers last night.

Can someone help me? I am trying to find a past routine on Youtube. I believe it was Kerrington and Twitch (AKA Twitchington) and it was a slower song and at one point he holds her like a baby and rocks her. Ringing any bells?

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 12:38:20 PM
Author: mia1181
So it will be on Wed & Thurs, right? I am so ecited about all the great contemporary dancers last night.

Can someone help me? I am trying to find a past routine on Youtube. I believe it was Kerrington and Twitch (AKA Twitchington) and it was a slower song and at one point he holds her like a baby and rocks her. Ringing any bells?

Was it their Viennese Waltz to that Celine Dion song that you''re think of, mia?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results