shape
carat
color
clarity

SYTYCD: Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 1:30:08 PM
Author: doodle

Date: 5/28/2009 12:38:20 PM
Author: mia1181
So it will be on Wed & Thurs, right? I am so ecited about all the great contemporary dancers last night.

Can someone help me? I am trying to find a past routine on Youtube. I believe it was Kerrington and Twitch (AKA Twitchington) and it was a slower song and at one point he holds her like a baby and rocks her. Ringing any bells?

Was it their Viennese Waltz to that Celine Dion song that you're think of, mia?
YES! YES! YES! That is it!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

So beautiful! [tear]
9.gif

Thanks so much.

ETA- This is another example of how the dance makes the song so much more powerful. When I hear this song I feel an urge to cry and it really is just that image of him rocking her.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m going to make FI watch last weeks show in about 30 minutes. Tee hee hee!!! I LOVE DVR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
DH and I watched last night. I always like it when there is a few REALLY talented individuals and I''m all like... WHOA did you see what they just did!?!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I loved that one too, the choreographer did it for his son who had some disease but loved watching dance and the movement. Awww, it makes it that much sweeter.
5.gif

Yayyyy the Seattle auditions are on tonight!!! So excited, one of my teachers auditioned and got sassy with Nigel because he was told he was too feminine. I hope he''s on it!!! His name is Ron, watch for him!
36.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
just watched the second two-hour episode....wow ...some serious eye candy for the guys....the ladies are right...the guy at the end of the first episode is in my opinion already in the top contenders....

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Enjoying it so far, though this is the one reality show where the auditions are just a formality for me, and I really just want to get to the dancing! I did love the two people that were on last year- the girl that is BF''s with Katey and the guy with her.

I love that DH watches this show with me. Last night he agreed that besides the obvious fun and flash of hip hop, contemporary is by far our favorite genre. How cool is that, that this total guy''s guy can appreciate and even call "contemporary" his favorite dance style? So cute.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
This is the only show I watch where I can''t wait for it to record--I have to watch it live (with the exception of the auditions). I absolutely love it.

My only complaint is that the best dancer never wins and for me, talent trumps personality every time. Brandon could eat puppies for all I care and I still think he should win. I nearly boycotted last season when Brandon didn''t make it to the top 20 despite being better than Will, who was the strongest male dancer last season and still didn''t make it to the finals.

In any case, I''m eager for this season and think it will be a good one. I love it when it gets down to the final 10 dancers or so.

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock
Oh, how I love watching dancing like this. It makes me insanely jealous though... I''d give anything to be able to move my body like that. Unfortunately, if I tried I''d have more muscle tears than I could count.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another new episode on tonight! Who is watching?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 7:21:32 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Another new episode on tonight! Who is watching?

meeeeeeeeee. Need something to lift my depression.
14.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Meeeeeeeeeeee!! I can''t wait.

Was anyone else horibly disappointed in the Seattle auditions?? 7 people?!?! Really?!? My city sucks.
3.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
What do you guys think of the top 20?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
My brother''s ex GF is in it. Hahaha! Ex from 8th grade for about 2 minutes, but I think it''s cool.

We didn''t get to watch because a crazy freak wind storm took out our power!
39.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s cool SunnyD! No clues??
2.gif

I WAS SO SAD that the 2nd brother didn''t get in. I understand it from a producing standpoint -- the guys are very similar, looks & style-wise ... BUT ... it would also be cool to have two siblings on the show at the same time! Well .. maybe if Evan does well they''ll bring bro back next season. (Next season is gonna be this Fall -- so very soon!)

SO GLAD that the popper crazy arms guy got through this time!

WEIRD that that redhead they were pimping so much got the sudden boot after Mia''s round. Maybe another next season contestant?

Overall it seemed that a lot of people we''d never seen or heard from are in the top 20 ... with only a few we''ve seen "stories" on. **shrug**

Oh yeah ... Napoleon & Tabitha are back YAY YAY YAY

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm really happy the Hawaiian dude made it in. I need to learn how to pronounce his name. I'm sad about the brothers as well. I love those two.

What did you guys think about Mia ragging on Brandon so much? I thought it was interesting that he stood there and just took her abuse, nodding at some points, but smiling...I guess when you've danced as much as he has, you learn to take it all with a grain of salt and know that you can't please everyone. I bet sometime in the future she's going to say, "I was wrong about you." But we'll see....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get what Mia is saying about Brandon though ... he''s like a GI JOE with Kewpie doll head. He DOES have a "fake smile" (nervous smile) and he does come across as a bit arrogant in his dances. Maybe he''s just one of those Love ''em/Hate ''em people. I think he''s talented but I doubt he''d ever win -- for the reasons Starset mentioned.

Evan, however, has a real Benji Schwimmer quality -- don''t know how its gonna go down over the season as there are a lot of other people who could bloom in front of the camera. We''ll see!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahahaha GI JOE with Kewpie doll head!!! Oh Deco, you crack me up!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 1:03:16 PM
Author: decodelighted
That''s cool SunnyD! No clues??
2.gif
The capital of France?
31.gif
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol SunnyD! That''s pretty dang cool though!

I was rooting for Gabi Rojas. She was great AND she was from Albuquerque. We don''t often get people on...well, any kind of shows. Hence why some of the rest of the country thinks New Mexico is part of Mexico (I kid you not.)

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I like Brandon. I personally felt her (Mia''s) personality attacks on him were uncalled for. I think he is a beautiful and strong dancer, and I dont care if she doesn''t like him. I like him a lot more than a lot of other dancers they''ve had before, and I think he looks like a scared nervous kid... not a pompous jerk.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 2:23:52 PM
Author: tlh
I like Brandon. I personally felt her (Mia''s) personality attacks on him were uncalled for. I think he is a beautiful and strong dancer, and I dont care if she doesn''t like him. I like him a lot more than a lot of other dancers they''ve had before, and I think he looks like a scared nervous kid... not a pompous jerk.
I agree, tlh.

Mia was out of line and I''m glad Mary stood up for Brandon last night. It seems that Mia created expectations in her head from what other people said about Brandon and now is blaming him for not living up to those expectations. It''s fine if she didn''t like him but to keep saying hurtful, nasty, unproductive things was just completely out of line.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 2:16:39 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Lol SunnyD! That''s pretty dang cool though!

I was rooting for Gabi Rojas. She was great AND she was from Albuquerque. We don''t often get people on...well, any kind of shows. Hence why some of the rest of the country thinks New Mexico is part of Mexico (I kid you not.)
Wait...it''s not?!?!?!
3.gif
9.gif

I agree with everyone about the attacks on Brandon. I still can''t figure out why they didn''t take him last year!! We shall see how he does now...

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 1:56:56 PM

Date: 5/28/2009 1:30:08 PM
Author: doodle

Date: 5/28/2009 12:38:20 PM
So it will be on Wed & Thurs, right? I am so ecited about all the great contemporary dancers last night.

Can someone help me? I am trying to find a past routine on Youtube. I believe it was Kerrington and Twitch (AKA Twitchington) and it was a slower song and at one point he holds her like a baby and rocks her. Ringing any bells?

Was it their Viennese Waltz to that Celine Dion song that you''re think of, mia?
YES! YES! YES! That is it!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

So beautiful! [tear]
9.gif

Thanks so much.

ETA- This is another example of how the dance makes the song so much more powerful. When I hear this song I feel an urge to cry and it really is just that image of him rocking her.
So true! This also happened for me with Jordan Spark''s "No Air." I think it was a Tabitha and Napoleon dance that made me fall in love with the song. At first I thought the song was "eh" but now it seems so powerful.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I don''t understand how Brandon comes across as arrogant. If anything I think that he''s sweet. I think that he handled the criticism well though.

Also, I don''t understand why some people got cut without a second chance when others were given that second or third chance.

Really happy that Evan got in this year. FI and I loved his brother too and are sad to see him go.

Anyways, we''re really excited that this show is back!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I am really confused as to why the ballet guy auditioned without checking if he could get out of his contract?! I mean honestly someone else could have been in his slot and made it farther. It just didn''t make any sense to me. Seems like a waste of everyone''s time. Though all contracts could be broken. . . so if he really wanted to. . .

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
I really like him though so I hope he shows up in an upcoming season.

I guess you could say the same for those who try it when they''re too young to qualify. Brandon and Hawk did that and there was a guy who auditioned this season and got an early Vegas ticket for next season.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 3:03:37 PM
Author: Honey228
I really like him though so I hope he shows up in an upcoming season.

I guess you could say the same for those who try it when they''re too young to qualify. Brandon and Hawk did that and there was a guy who auditioned this season and got an early Vegas ticket for next season.
Yeah but if they are too young don''t they get called out on that earlier? I mean this guy was in the final cut for the top 20!

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Hmm you''re probably right. I don''t know, I''d also feel bad if someone dropped everything in their life and then got cut before the top 20.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 4:01:22 PM
Author: Honey228
Hmm you''re probably right. I don''t know, I''d also feel bad if someone dropped everything in their life and then got cut before the top 20.
right, esp. when he already has a paying dancing gig that he loves.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results