shape
carat
color
clarity

Swap-A-Roo = Not for You?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think everyone needs to be respectful. Or in a greater world grow up...

Many are acting like 5 year olds. :rolleyes:

I have a bunch of signed pieces to sell, and of course would love them to go to a PS'er, but I don't want the back lash, so will sell privately. There are great sites that will pay top dollar for stuff..

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to bully Kelpie into selling me her RA pink tourmaline, she *says* she'll never part with it. :naughty:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1323050040|3074227 said:
I would like to bully Kelpie into selling me her RA pink tourmaline, she *says* she'll never part with it. :naughty:
HA!!! I was thinking that tooooooo!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1323050245|3074231 said:

I almost bought it about 2 years ago. ;( Still kicking myself for that one.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh|1323050027|3074226 said:

I have a bunch of signed pieces to sell, and of course would love them to go to a PS'er, but I don't want the back lash, so will sell privately. There are great sites that will pay top dollar for stuff..
Where are you thinking of taking your stuff? I have both something to sell and also might be interested in buying, but I only know about OakGem and Betteridge for signed stuff. And I have no idea where to get or sell sterling silver.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, I just thought of another reason I might not buy a piece I am already very familiar with: sometimes, I am already tired of it! Part of the fun of a new piece is the newness in and of itself. Some of the more "famous" PS pretties wouldn't even feel new to me.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1323049431|3074216 said:
If I had a dollar for every time Kenny said "people vary" around here, I'd have enough to buy all the stuff currently listed on preloved, and could also afford to resell it at a loss! :cheeky:

I'm totally with you TG!!!!
I wish people respected diversity so I could stop pointing out examples of them not respecting diversity.

Isn't it sad how often people just cant accept that . . . people vary?
Astonishing!

The mentality most of us were train into, that everyone should be like me because I'm right, is just rampant! :nono:

The only thing I can't tolerate is intolerance and sticking your nose into someone else's sale to comment you don't like the price is just another example of intolerance IMHO.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
kenny|1323051005|3074250 said:
If I had a dollar for every time Kenny said "people vary" around here, I'd have enough to buy all the stuff currently listed on preloved, and could also afford to resell it at a loss! :cheeky:

I wish people respected diversity so I could stop pointing out examples of them not respecting diversity.

Astonishing!

The mentality most of us were train into, that everyone should be like me because I'm right, is just rampant! :nono:

The only thing I can't tolerate is intolerance and sticking your nose into someone else's sale to comment you don't like the price is just another example of intolerance IMHO.
Oh my Kenny. What is PS if it's not people sticking their noses in other people's sale? That's the whole damn site.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissStepcut|1323051277|3074259 said:

Astonishing!

Oh my Kenny. What is PS if it's not people sticking their noses in other people's sale? That's the whole damn site.

TRUTH! :lol:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Please remember each PSer is allowed ONE screen name. Coming back under another screen name to post mean comments may get both names banned.

Please be polite.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissStepcut|1323051277|3074259 said:

Astonishing!

Touché!
You know, I think I just have to accept this.
I've made my point; take it or leave it.

Sorry, I'll try to shut up about this subject.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

;( I hope you'll reconsider!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have a bunch of signed pieces to sell, and of course would love them to go to a PS'er, but I don't want the back lash, so will sell privately. There are great sites that will pay top dollar for stuff..[/quote]

Please share!!!! This knowledge would be very helpful!

cheers--Sharon

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a bunch of signed pieces to sell, and of course would love them to go to a PS'er, but I don't want the back lash, so will sell privately.

Kal, what do you mean by backlash?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I for one am disappointed we won't get to see them... I love the pre loved site... But I certainly understand... This thread is scary... :errrr: I think we change our minds...Maybe buyer's remorse, it didn't look the way you expected... It's hard to buy some things on line... You have a change in your financial decision.. Or heck you just don't want it any more...

For those that are "worked up" that's too bad. Who does it really hurt if an item is listed again... I fail to see the significance of the point or where it's gone in the process of making it....

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mayk|1323060647|3074364 said:

I for one am disappointed we won't get to see them... I love the pre loved site... But I certainly understand... This thread is scary... :errrr: I think we change our minds...Maybe buyer's remorse, it didn't look the way you expected... It's hard to buy some things on line... You have a change in your financial decision.. Or heck you just don't want it any more...

For those that are "worked up" that's too bad. Who does it really hurt if an item is listed again... I fail to see the significance of the point or where it's gone in the process of making it....

Who's worked up about it? The question was whether it affects your perception of an item, which is a fair question. And to some, it does. To others, they'd take a chance on it if it's value.

For the record, for me it would have to change hands more than twice in a short period for me to consider it a HPP (Hot Potato Piece) and back off.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
i have no problem buying per-owned,as Ive stated in many threads,but...condition is everything to negotiating the price and if i isn't in killer shape then it gets lower dollar amounts.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1323062023|3074380 said:
Who's worked up about it? The question was whether it affects your perception of an item, which is a fair question. And to some, it does. To others, they'd take a chance on it if it's value.

For the record, for me it would have to change hands more than twice in a short period for me to consider it a HPP (Hot Potato Piece) and back off.
I am glad that we're having this conversation. Maybe it will encourage people to post a few details about what happened and help explain away the HPP appearance :lol: You can't address the question that no one asks, after all.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've bought many a pre-owned piece of jewelry, including several pieces bought from DB (before and after the advent of the "pre-loved jewelry" forum), so I have no problems with buying a pre-owned piece. When I see a piece being shuffled around I do wonder if there's something wrong with it... even if objectively everything is up to spec. So I wonder, for example, if maybe a ring doesn't sit comfortably on the finger, or whether a pendant flips easily. I've also seen pieces that seemed to have been a fad on PS listed - which seemed to validate my initial reservations about that fad! :wink2: Most of these concerns can be addressed with questions to the buyers though.

Yes a seller's PS interactions might affect my decision to buy from them. Buying from DB involves a bit more of a leap of faith than buying second hand, say from a vendor, since most DB sales are final sales unless the item is "not as represented." It's not necessarily rational for me to do this, since I have bought from sellers I know absolutely nothing about, but... I've never claimed to be totally rational!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am truly failing to see the "hate" and "scariness" and "childishness" of this topic???! Seems like it would be helpful info that, apparently, based on the responses in this thread, you can't endlessly buy & sell the same item w/o it affecting the perception of a certain proportion of your potential buyers. Folks can WISH it wasn't that way and claim it isn't FAIR for anyone to think that way but it is what it is what it is.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not even really sure of the point of this thread anymore - it's veering off into tangents - and I think it's much ado about nothing - as I stated in my previous post, I've only seen PS'ers resell items quickly maybe 3 times, and in each instance there was clearly nothing wrong with the items. In fact, the items were almost brand new, or close to it. I think people can just use their common sense when purchasing. If you think the price is too high, don't buy it. If you think there's something wrong with an item, don't buy it. If you don't want an item with a history, don't buy it. If you don't like the PS'er who's selling it, don't buy it.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1323062023|3074380 said:
Mayk|1323060647|3074364 said:

Looked a little worked up to me... :-o

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1323050314|3074232 said:

*snicker snicker* while I stroke my precious. :Up_to_something:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1323093090|3074501 said:

Oh, I think I have seen your precious in person and It IS gorgeous! :love:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelpie|1323093090|3074501 said:

I asked my husband to buy it for me to set in an engagement ring, but he had already purchased my diamond (I didn't know it at the time). I should've grabbed it anyway. Something similar will come along when the time is right for me, I'm sure. Love that color!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1323016759|3073917 said:
kelpie|1323016366|3073912 said:
I'm just so glad you love the thing you bought from me!
:appl: Oh how I DOOOOOOO. Hasn't left my person since it arrived. (So you can't be sure I won't be posting micro pictures of my bodily funk all over it.) HA! Have to break free long enough for some de-funking, primpage & photo taking. :bigsmile:

Out with it Deco! Start a thread--with pics--or you'll be sorry...muahaha :cheeky:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
risingsun|1323104870|3074577 said:
:appl: Oh how I DOOOOOOO. Hasn't left my person since it arrived. (So you can't be sure I won't be posting micro pictures of my bodily funk all over it.) HA! Have to break free long enough for some de-funking, primpage & photo taking. :bigsmile:

Out with it Deco! Start a thread--with pics--or you'll be sorry...muahaha :cheeky:

Ditto, I want to know what you bought :D

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1323108829|3074626 said:
risingsun|1323104870|3074577 said:
Ditto, I want to know what you bought :D
Ha! Ok ok -- I don't want to be a tease. **cough** DBY :lickout: **cough** No pictures yet, sorry! (I've actually gotten quite a few things I haven't photographed or posted yet but will try to do so soon. :oops:)

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
My only purchase of a PSer pre-owned piece has not gone well and I'm not happy, but buyer beware and I'm stuck with it now.
It's not even the PSers fault, she relied on the original sellers info as much as I did.
Our only option would have been to switch and pay $7,000 more for a stone .26cts less and two clarity grades lower, to gain one color grade higher of what the original stone was supposed to be, and that did not fly well with my SO so he settled for a discount.
Now that my alternate option offered went down in price $2,450 just a couple of weeks later, when it was once so firm, we are quite upset with the whole transaction.

I would buy PS pre-owned again but I'd be much more careful...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
maplefemme|1323110800|3074647 said:
My only purchase of a PSer pre-owned piece has not gone well and I'm not happy, but buyer beware and I'm stuck with it now.
It's not even the PSers fault, she relied on the original sellers info as much as I did.
Our only option would have been to switch and pay $7,000 more for a stone .26cts less and two clarity grades lower, to gain one color grade higher of what the original stone was supposed to be, and that did not fly well with my SO so he settled for a discount.
Now that my alternate option offered went down in price $2,450 just a couple of weeks later, when it was once so firm, we are quite upset with the whole transaction.

I would buy PS pre-owned again but I'd be much more careful...

So sorry to hear that! :blackeye:

Which brings up another valid point...PSers are a tough crowd...a picky, educated, crowd - which is a good thing. I would try to represent something I sold to the best of my ability, but it might be easier to sell to the general, zales adoring, public!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results