shape
carat
color
clarity

Sudden price increase?

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
These are so so very close!
Showed my wife the comparison video, and without telling her anything about either diamond, she says her eyes see just a hint more colored light flashes in the bottom (2.39) diamond.
Which do your eyes gravitate to more, having seem all of the video, @aapple0112?

@DejaWiz @Kim N

I actually watched videos for an hour. When I was watching single stone video, it was always 2.11 won, but when I was watching comparison video, my eyes always toward to 2.39. So far 2.39 won! I will wait for video under the sunlight to make final decision.
Thank you guys! Your help is much appreciated.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DejaWiz @Kim N

I actually watched videos for an hour. When I was watching single stone video, it was always 2.11 won, but when I was watching comparison video, my eyes always toward to 2.39. So far 2.39 won! I will wait for video under the sunlight to make final decision.
Thank you guys! Your help is much appreciated.

Eagerly awaiting your final decision! I think if you were worried about DSS, you won't regret going for the bigger one. I was surprised how much the 0.28mm difference looked on the hand.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Eagerly awaiting your final decision! I think if you were worried about DSS, you won't regret going for the bigger one. I was surprised how much the 0.28mm difference looked on the hand.

I immediately noticed the size bump, as well.

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
@DejaWiz @Kim N

i found out there is another comparison video that FD sent to me. What do you guys think? and I will update video under sunlight once I receive tomorrow.

this is close up video for 2.39E

Size difference is very noticeable, and that size looks very juicy. So far I am leaning towards 2.39E

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DejaWiz @Kim N

i found out there is another comparison video that FD sent to me. What do you guys think? and I will update video under sunlight once I receive tomorrow.

this is close up video for 2.39E

Size difference is very noticeable, and that size looks very juicy. So far I am leaning towards 2.39E

They both perform stellarly, so it comes down to the size, and the 2.39 is the clear winner!

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DejaWiz @Kim N

here are videos under sunlight and spotlight.
They don’t turn weird gray color under sunlight and I think they both perform equally.
For the spotlight, what you you think? Somehow I felt 2.11 has better sparkle, or maybe I need to rest my eyes first.

I saw more sparkles from the 2.39 except for maybe spotlight. Unless you plan to be under spotlight most of the time, I think the 2.39 showed more activity in the other lighting conditions.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz @Kim N

here are videos under sunlight and spotlight.
They don’t turn weird gray color under sunlight and I think they both perform equally.
For the spotlight, what you you think? Somehow I felt 2.11 has better sparkle, or maybe I need to rest my eyes first.

2.39 all the way. Not saying the 2.11 looks bad as it's great, just that the 2.39 looks a little more great.

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
Fantastic! Can't wait for you to get it. Do you know how long it will take?

Do you think I should see the stone in person first or its good to go to set on ring?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Do you think I should see the stone in person first or its good to go to set on ring?

I would say that you're good to go...it's a perfectly performing diamond!
Up to you...as seeing an immaculate loose diamond is an amazing experience in and of itself.

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
I would say that you're good to go...it's a perfectly performing diamond!
Up to you...as seeing an immaculate loose diamond is an amazing experience in and of itself.

Hmm....I never had that experience, but I guess I will skip that.
I've ordered "try at home" ring kits, it might take a little time to start the setting.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree--it's good to go! Is it going to be set in the beautiful tulip-like setting you posted previously? Btw, can you share the link where you got the inspiration photo from for the setting?

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
I agree--it's good to go! Is it going to be set in the beautiful tulip-like setting you posted previously? Btw, can you share the link where you got the inspiration photo from for the setting?

So far, my mind is setting on the tulip style, but FD has other beautiful setting and I want to see and try in person first.

I saw the setting from byBonnie Jewelry. I love their setting but they don't set stone from any other source. Anyways, you can check her YouTube or instagram. Her ring is beautiful.

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
Love ByBonnies tulip setting, but chose a similar cathedral setting by FD - The Cathedral Royale. ❤️

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far, my mind is setting on the tulip style, but FD has other beautiful setting and I want to see and try in person first.

I saw the setting from byBonnie Jewelry. I love their setting but they don't set stone from any other source. Anyways, you can check her YouTube or instagram. Her ring is beautiful.

bybonniejewelry's version is beautiful. I hadn't heard of her before. Thanks for sharing.

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
Love ByBonnies tulip setting, but chose a similar cathedral setting by FD - The Cathedral Royale. ❤️

It was your ring made me look into FD. Your ring is beautifu.

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
bybonniejewelry's version is beautiful. I hadn't heard of her before. Thanks for sharing.

I was searching some diamond bracelet and her YouTube popped out. What she offers is whole service. You tell them your requirements and they will quote the price range, then they will find stone for you. I like their setting but I want to find my own stone and control the cost. I am glad that I found FD

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have an idea of which month LGD prices might return to where they are? Would I be wise to check in January? Or March? Anyone have a crystal ball? :D

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have an idea of which month LGD prices might return to where they are? Would I be wise to check in January? Or March? Anyone have a crystal ball? :D

LOL! I feel like prices never seem to really go down on anything once they go up. I am buying now because i think LGD will only continue to go up, but I dont have a crystal ball ... just a feeling!

I bought Ritani, their prices are SO much lower than all the other vendors, i feel like their prices will rise to be more in line with the other vendors.

Last edited:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! I feel like prices never seem to really go down on anything once they go up. I am buying now because i think LGD will only continue to go up, but I dont have a crystal ball ... just a feeling!

I bought Ritani, their prices are SO much lower than all the other vendors, i feel like their prices will rise to be more in line with the other vendors.

I really hope this isn't the case because I'm hoping to purchase one (or 4) soon. Haha!

VDK1

Shiny_Rock
For your infomation:

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
For your infomation:

The big contradiction is that the LGD market is growing by leaps and bounds, so it isn't in trouble like Edahn is making it out to be.
I'd say he's a bit of an EGD shill, based on his history in the diamond industry.

VDK1

Shiny_Rock
The big contradiction is that the LGD market is growing by leaps and bounds, so it isn't in trouble like Edahn is making it out to be.
I'd say he's a bit of an EGD shill, based on his history in the diamond industry.

The decreasing trend of price of mmd is a good thing, isn't it?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
The decreasing trend of price of mmd is a good thing, isn't it?

Absolutely it is.
I'm recalling an article that was recently posted by Karl or Garry (I think) not too long ago: At the same time, it's also hurting growers because now they have to find ways to severely decrease costs for equipment, maintenance, operating, and diamond rough growth to keep profit margins in check and pay their employees.
Will the quality of LGD rough suffer from many existing growers and all the new ones scurrying to get up and running so that they can try grabbing a piece of the pie?

sheezacowgurl

Rough_Rock

I saw ByBonnie Jewelry on YouTube as well, which inspired my custom setting from Frank Darling. Your ring is beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results