shape
carat
color
clarity

Sudden price increase?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's the effect of the shallow/shallow combination that I'm concerned about.

HCA.jpg
56/34/40.6 is not shallow/shallow its a great combo when well executed with sweet performance and larger than many super-ideals spread.
With the right minors and h&a I would give it serious consideration when buying for myself.

Calla-lilies

Shiny_Rock

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
56/34/40.6 is not shallow/shallow its a great combo when well executed with sweet performance and larger than many super-ideals spread.
With the right minors and h&a I would give it serious consideration when buying for myself.

Does this one have the right minors? Would there be any issue with darkness when viewed close-up in a ring? I personally scrutinize my ring often, and I've owned stones in the past which did go dark, so I admit I'm a bit sensitive to the below-0.5 HCA stones.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ DejaWiz @Kim N

could you also take a look at these 2?
I know its not GCLA 8x but for the size, price, and spect is worth to trade with GCLA 8x?
I know I said 2.35ct might be too big for my hand, but ever since I kept put my 2ct moissonite on my finger, I felt DSS already...o_O

:lol: at your DSS already. I like these a lot! I like the 2.39 more than the 2.25, and it's cheaper too.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@ DejaWiz @Kim N

could you also take a look at these 2?
I know its not GCLA 8x but for the size, price, and spect is worth to trade with GCLA 8x?
I know I said 2.35ct might be too big for my hand, but ever since I kept put my 2ct moissonite on my finger, I felt DSS already...o_O

These both could have minor blue nuance.

Here's a probable candidate:

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
These both could have minor blue nuance.

Here's a probable candidate:

@DejaWiz @Kim N
thanks for both of your inputs. I did feel those 2 might a bit blue, but then I am not sure. I don’t have good eyes like you two. So appreciated for both of your advices.
I will put the one you suggested and take out the 2.02ct one. I didn’t reserve 2.11 E vs2 one because I think it’s very close to 2.09ct F vs2 one but $400 difference. Thank you guys! Once I got video, I will need another help for sure

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DejaWiz @Kim N
thanks for both of your inputs. I did feel those 2 might a bit blue, but then I am not sure. I don’t have good eyes like you two. So appreciated for both of your advices.
I will put the one you suggested and take out the 2.02ct one. I didn’t reserve 2.11 E vs2 one because I think it’s very close to 2.09ct F vs2 one but $400 difference. Thank you guys! Once I got video, I will need another help for sure

If they have blue nuance, it appears to be very subtle, and I'm not completely positive I see it. Keep in mind also that the 2.39 has a slightly cooler background than the 2.25, so the photography set-up is not consistent.

One possible reason to favor the 2.11 E VS2 over the 2.09 F VS2 is that the 2.11 is HPHT. So for $400 difference, you'd get a higher color, no striation/graining, and marginally larger.

Looking forward to seeing the photo/video comparisons of your top choices!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Does this one have the right minors? Would there be any issue with darkness when viewed close-up in a ring? I personally scrutinize my ring often, and I've owned stones in the past which did go dark, so I admit I'm a bit sensitive to the below-0.5 HCA stones.

78ish lowers right in the sweet spot.
You don't want 75ish lowers with this combo.
HCA 2.0 scores lower than the older version leaving the default options the score are .2 lower.
That said not every stone that scores a .5 or even a .7 is good for a ring.
Look at the PA 40.6+ and the ca 33+ in lower than hca 1 stones for a ring.

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
If they have blue nuance, it appears to be very subtle, and I'm not completely positive I see it. Keep in mind also that the 2.39 has a slightly cooler background than the 2.25, so the photography set-up is not consistent.

One possible reason to favor the 2.11 E VS2 over the 2.09 F VS2 is that the 2.11 is HPHT. So for $400 difference, you'd get a higher color, no striation/graining, and marginally larger.

Looking forward to seeing the photo/video comparisons of your top choices!

@Kim N thanks for your input. I actually like 2.11 at lot ( and , and now I am kind of regret that I didn't compare 2.11. But meanwhile, I actually found somewhere else that carry 2.09F with $500 less o_O (but I am not sure if FD would honer the price)

so @DejaWiz @Kim N could you take another look of 2.09F? Since it made 2.09F and 2.11E almost $1000 different.

and I found more GCAL with better price. I will narrow them down and ask you guys's opinions after this afternoon.

Thank you guys!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N thanks for your input. I actually like 2.11 at lot ( and , and now I am kind of regret that I didn't compare 2.11. But meanwhile, I actually found somewhere else that carry 2.09F with $500 less o_O (but I am not sure if FD would honer the price)

so @DejaWiz @Kim N could you take another look of 2.09F? Since it made 2.09F and 2.11E almost $1000 different.

and I found more GCAL with better price. I will narrow them down and ask you guys's opinions after this afternoon.

Thank you guys!

The 2.09 F is beautiful. I wouldn't hesitate to get it, especially for almost $1000 difference.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Thank you guys!

I'm a sucker for a good HPHT over any CVD diamond, and I think the proportions and angles are slightly better for the E vs the F...not enough to make a difference in real-world viewing, but it would appease my mind.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
For what it’s worth FD will only honor prices from certain retailers. They wouldn’t honor the price from Adiamor for me. You can ask but price matching is limited to only certain places.

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
I'm a sucker for a good HPHT over any CVD diamond, and I think the proportions and angles are slightly better for the E vs the F...not enough to make a difference in real-world viewing, but it would appease my mind.

Now you make me want to choose HPHT only...

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
For what it’s worth FD will only honor prices from certain retailers. They wouldn’t honor the price from Adiamor for me. You can ask but price matching is limited to only certain places.

Oh, that is what I am worried about. So they rather not make sale then bend their rule? This will be hard choice...since I like FD's setting and either Adiamor or other side doesn't have it.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now you make me want to choose HPHT only...

If you can get FD to price-match or even lower the price, then I would choose the 2.11 as well. Otherwise, I think $1000 is quite a significant difference.

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
If you can get FD to price-match or even lower the price, then I would choose the 2.11 as well. Otherwise, I think $1000 is quite a significant difference.

@Kim N you mean I can't get price match then choose 2.11? that mean I gonna need second comparison, since I didn't ask to bring in for 2.11E :P2

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that is what I am worried about. So they rather not make sale then bend their rule? This will be hard choice...since I like FD's setting and either Adiamor or other side doesn't have it.

Yes and I was a repeat customer. It was about a $450 price difference and they flat out said no. When I asked if they could offer any discount on the setting that also said no. I asked once last time and appealed to the fact that I was a repeat customer and they only gave me $100 off. I did end up buying from them because I wanted the setting. Mind you this was a stone I had found on my own- they didn’t provide any “service” that warranted me paying more for the same product. They got me on the setting though.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N you mean I can't get price match then choose 2.11? that mean I gonna need second comparison, since I didn't ask to bring in for 2.11E :P2

Oops, I mixed up the price-matching in my mind. For $400 difference, I'd choose the 2.11. For almost $1000 difference, I'd choose the 2.09.

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
Yes and I was a repeat customer. It was about a $450 price difference and they flat out said no. When I asked if they could offer any discount on the setting that also said no. I asked once last time and appealed to the fact that I was a repeat customer and they only gave me $100 off. I did end up buying from them because I wanted the setting. Mind you this was a stone I had found on my own- they didn’t provide any “service” that warranted me paying more for the same product. They got me on the setting though.

That was bummer, but I love your ring very much though. It was your ring made me look into FD. I guess they are very proud with their setting? and I do love their setting too...lol, hard choice!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
That was bummer, but I love your ring very much though. It was your ring made me look into FD. I guess they are very proud with their setting? and I do love their setting too...lol, hard choice!

Their settings are very very well done. I have three now and I love all of them.

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
@DejaWiz @Kim N

I need help on these stones, could you take a look?
FD raise the price again...and I found these at 1215.

This one is so far both of your fav, and I love this a lot too.

compare these with less $1xx to $3xx price:

And this one was originally I was going to order then price went up too much

Let me know any of them is actually nice enough to compete with the first one.
or list any that you think it not bad.
Thank you so so much!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here are the side profile screenshots for all the E HPHT diamonds, so that you can compare any potential tint or hue...the 2.16 looks the best from these photos.

Screenshot_20221102-185739.png

Screenshot_20221102-190209.png

Screenshot_20221102-190054.png

Screenshot_20221102-185940.png

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DejaWiz @Kim N

I need help on these stones, could you take a look?
FD raise the price again...and I found these at 1215.

This one is so far both of your fav, and I love this a lot too.

compare these with less $1xx to $3xx price:

And this one was originally I was going to order then price went up too much

Let me know any of them is actually nice enough to compete with the first one.
or list any that you think it not bad.
Thank you so so much!

I might like the 2.13 the best, followed by the 2.11. I'm prioritizing the Es because they're HPHT. But I admit that this 2.27 and this 2.26 have my favorite proportions.

I don't like the inclusion in the middle of the table of the 2.16 E, even if it's not visible to the naked eye. The 2.26 E also has a tiny table inclusion, which would likely never be visible, but it appears dark at certain angles.

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
@DejaWiz I started to think I might color blind, or not color sensitive at all. You really have good eyes.

@Kim N your thoughts are exactly what I though. Should I prioritize HPHT or the proportions? And the inclusion on the table.

So based mix of both your suggestions, I was initially picked 2.13, but then I noticed these. Should I concern any of these? DD411520-3DE9-49E6-8DB6-89FAFC12FEE4.jpeg F5B88F8E-9BD4-4597-B5E3-1148138ABBFF.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DejaWiz I started to think I might color blind, or not color sensitive at all. You really have good eyes.

@Kim N your thoughts are exactly what I though. Should I prioritize HPHT or the proportions? And the inclusion on the table.

So based mix of both your suggestions, I was initially picked 2.13, but then I noticed these. Should I concern any of these? DD411520-3DE9-49E6-8DB6-89FAFC12FEE4.jpeg F5B88F8E-9BD4-4597-B5E3-1148138ABBFF.jpeg

I think you'll be equally happy with either. When I look at the still image from the 360 video, they look pretty much the same. What is the price difference?

Are the Es a lot more expensive than the Fs?

2.11-vs-2.13.jpg

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
I think you'll be equally happy with either. When I look at the still image from the 360 video, they look pretty much the same. What is the price difference?

Are the Es a lot more expensive than the Fs?

2.11-vs-2.13.jpg

@Kim N 2.11E is around $3900, $2.13 is $3460 where as Fs are around $3400.
What do you think? or should I stay with 2.09F ($3450)?

2.13 and other 2.27 or 2.26 are not at FD, and they said they can't bring them in since they can not find them at database. and I got quote back for the custom made ring, its $300 more than FD.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N 2.11E is around $3900, $2.13 is $3460 where as Fs are around $3400.
What do you think? or should I stay with 2.09F ($3450)?

2.13 and other 2.27 or 2.26 are not at FD, and they said they can't bring them in since they can not find them at database. and I got quote back for the custom made ring, its $300 more than FD.

Who would do a better job on the setting--FD or the custom jeweler? If FD, then I'd pick the 2.11. If the custom jeweler, then I'd pick the 2.13. Since the Fs are so close in price to the 2.13, I wouldn't pick the Fs.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
$200 less than the 2.11 E, and essentially the same spread/diameter...the table is 58% and the proportions would probably lean a bit towards more brilliance:

Really loving the proportions and angles of this GIA graded diamond:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results