shape
carat
color
clarity

Sudden price increase?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for your reply @DejaWiz. I love reading your posts and you are so knowledgeable on round brilliants that I was hoping you also knew about ovals. I have no idea what I should be looking for in an oval other than what looks pretty to my eye.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for your reply @DejaWiz. I love reading your posts and you are so knowledgeable on round brilliants that I was hoping you also knew about ovals. I have no idea what I should be looking for in an oval other than what looks pretty to my eye.

You're very welcome!
Some nice advice on what you can look for in this thread:

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
Even though IGI doesn't list LGF and Stars, I can usually make a guess by their appearance in the pictures and videos.

The 2.34 D VVS2 is probably around 78-80 LGF and 50 Stars.
DejaWiz

So appreciate for your advice and knowledge.
I was too late for that 2.34 one, but its ok. I actually think 2.34 might too big since my ring size is a bit smaller than 4.5, and I actually don't know where to set my ring if I only purchase diamond.

I knew Frank Daring also carry GCAL 8x, but I couldn't find it until I read other thread talking about it. Here comes to my question: why GCAL 8x is under"good cut"? instead of ideal or super ideal cut? and another question here is should I pick GCAL 8x instead of one on Ritani or find other GIA one on Frank Daring? FD actually has the setting I want with reasonable price.

Because what my mind set was have GCAL 8x super ideal cut diamond for my upgrade. I am just wonder if I would want another upgrade for just wanted to have GCAL 8x? I am sorry, I am very indecisive.

anyways, could you kindly take another look of this one. thanks

https://loupe360.com/diamond/LG522232572

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DejaWiz

I was too late for that 2.34 one, but its ok. I actually think 2.34 might too big since my ring size is a bit smaller than 4.5, and I actually don't know where to set my ring if I only purchase diamond.

I knew Frank Daring also carry GCAL 8x, but I couldn't find it until I read other thread talking about it. Here comes to my question: why GCAL 8x is under"good cut"? instead of ideal or super ideal cut? and another question here is should I pick GCAL 8x instead of one on Ritani or find other GIA one on Frank Daring? FD actually has the setting I want with reasonable price.

Because what my mind set was have GCAL 8x super ideal cut diamond for my upgrade. I am just wonder if I would want another upgrade for just wanted to have GCAL 8x? I am sorry, I am very indecisive.

If FD has the setting you want, I'd recommend getting the stone from them too so that you're covered while the stone is being set. FD's cut grades are all over the place--I would just ignore them. GCAL 8x are definitely ideal/super-ideal.

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
If FD has the setting you want, I'd recommend getting the stone from them too so that you're covered while the stone is being set. FD's cut grades are all over the place--I would just ignore them. GCAL 8x are definitely ideal/super-ideal.

@ Kim Thank you for the great advice. I am diving in FD for GCAL 8x now

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
DejaWiz

Understandable and it's usually best to get the diamond and setting from the same jeweler to have an encompassing warranty.

I knew Frank Daring also carry GCAL 8x, but I couldn't find it until I read other thread talking about it. Here comes to my question: why GCAL 8x is under"good cut"? instead of ideal or super ideal cut?

You can ignore what most online jewelers say are "ideal", "excellent", very good ", etc. They have no real criteria for their labels. There are only a handful of online retailers that I wouldn't rust with the usage of "super ideal" and "ideal".

and another question here is should I pick GCAL 8x instead of one on Ritani or find other GIA one on Frank Daring? FD actually has the setting I want with reasonable price.

If FD has the setting that you want, then my recommendation would be to make them your one stop shop and also get the diamond from them, regardless of which lab performed the grading.

This 2.20 D VS1 looks to be a stunning choice!
I see nothing of concern:
No odd hues.
No minor symmetry issues.
No transparency issues.
You can ask FD is this is one that they can get from their vendor network.

Some potential alternatives:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd want this one verified with an ASET image, but here's a 2.27 GIA stone.

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
This 2.20 D VS1 looks to be a stunning choice!
I see nothing of concern:
No odd hues.
No minor symmetry issues.
No transparency issues.
You can ask FD is this is one that they can get from their vendor network.

@DejaWiz
This 2.20 D VS1 is from Ritani, one of your recommendation. Only if FD has it, I will take it, lol.

So I guess FD it is! your 2 picks are beautiful, but I still want to find GCAL 8x.
what do you think about this one?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz
This 2.20 D VS1 is from Ritani, one of your recommendation. Only if FD has it, I will take it, lol.

You can start a chat with FD and mention the grading report number of the 2.20 to see if they can get it.

So I guess FD it is! your 2 picks are beautiful, but I still want to find GCAL 8x.

Too much graining for my liking.

Here you go!
...Put this beauty on hold ASAP!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DejaWiz

I have a slight preference for the proportions of these two.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I have a slight preference for the proportions of these two.

Having looked at the rotational and fire videos on GCAL's site for each of them, I don't think they will be discernable from one another.
Tough choice...cost savings for F color CVD or slightly more out of pocket D color HPHT?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having looked at the rotational and fire videos on GCAL's site for each of them, I don't think they will be discernable from one another.
Tough choice...cost savings for F color CVD or slightly more out of pocket D color HPHT?

It's the effect of the shallow/shallow combination that I'm concerned about.

HCA.jpg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
It's the effect of the shallow/shallow combination that I'm concerned about.

HCA.jpg

Even with all of the GCAL evaluation images and videos provided?
As Garry once told me: I think we're beginning to split hairs. :lol-2:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even with all of the GCAL evaluation images and videos provided?
As Garry once told me: I think we're beginning to split hairs. :lol-2:

I think it's easier to evaluate obstruction with the human eye when a person's head gets in the way.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I honestly don't believe obstruction is going to be an issue with any of them.

Screenshot_20221028-154917.png

Screenshot_20221028-160904.png

Screenshot_20221028-161313.png

Last edited:

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
This is hard choice.
Could you take a look at this one as well? @ DejaWiz @ Kim

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's another slightly larger HPHT.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @DejaWiz ! I have request these 3 for video side by side review :mrgreen2:

Perfect...the more diamonds that you can compare and get as much info on, the better off you will be with bringing home the best of the best!

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
Kim N has found you a winner!
Put it on hold/reserve!

Wait, you mean this one is the best of all 4 we are talking about? should I change the reserve and put this one in?

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Too much graining for my liking.

Here you go!
...Put this beauty on hold ASAP!

@DejaWiz What are you looking for/seeing, when you comment on graining? I'm not sure what to look for unless it's really obvious.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
@ DejaWiz @Kim N

could you also take a look at these 2?
I know its not GCLA 8x but for the size, price, and spect is worth to trade with GCLA 8x?
I know I said 2.35ct might be too big for my hand, but ever since I kept put my 2ct moissonite on my finger, I felt DSS already...o_O

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results