shape
carat
color
clarity

strmrdrs and diagems asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Instead of Starlight how about Stormlight??? JK!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 11:47:24 PM
Author: swingirl
Instead of Starlight how about Stormlight??? JK!
rofl!!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone Storm and International Man of Mystery.

Has anyone noticed if this dynamic duo post at the same time, or are logged on at the same time.

All those steps put me strangely in mind of Machu Picchu. I''d call it the "Picchu" diamond. Both things of extreme beauty and precious beyond words.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Yowza! that is some stone!!!!!!

Amazing Job Strmrdr and Diagem! Great video Rhino!

Volcano...hmmm (going for wild and and dangerous natural beauty....an explosion of color and light...awesome).

How about the "Tigerlily Asscher" instead? ( the patterned contrast and scintillation remind me of tiger lily spots)

Same wild natural beauty , same explosion of color, rare and radient, and a little more feminine mystique.

Gentlemen, I salute you with this Sharkano, for what you have created is truly awesome!

cheers,
HD

454natdeesharkano.jpg

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Karl, Diagem,Rhino

Nice to see first result your cooperation.
Thanks for your efforts.
Hope to see new cuts from your group in near future.

You Welcome to NextDiamond club.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!!

Absolutely stunning, really breathtaking diamond. Congratulations guys.

I''ll have a 3ct volcano diamond please!
31.gif

Po
x

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
I think calling it the Storm cut would be great. Whatever implications one can conjure up with that would be o.k. You wouldn't want your new type of stone named after you?

Princess, after all, can have connotations attached to it but it's been wildly successful.

Volcano would be fine with me, too. It is a powerful explosion of light and color.

----

The Sharkano picture is kewl by the way.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you Serg. Please allow me to express not only my gratitude to your invite but I would like to add that without your tools my cushion, this asscher and the fine tuning of the OEC we are cutting now would not have been possible. Truly it is empowering once a person learns how to correlate its results with human observation. I use it often and am grateful for your work in that program.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
There have been hints of this diamond dropped ALL OVER PS and other places for almost a year, and I am sooooo happy to finally see it!!!

Congratulations to you Strm, DiaGem, and Jon! This is one stunner of a diamond, but I do have to agree with many others, the name sounds a bit "work in progress", and I love the idea of naming it something to do with 8. Or even "star". I love Estrella or Strella, the Spanish and Italian translations of star. Or even Octava, Italian for octave. Or even the italian translation of Steps of Love - passi dell''amore.

Strm, wifey2be sent me a message once that said something of the nature of "I''d just love to wear an Asscher someday, but it would have to be one Strm designed" and I was like "
6.gif
Details!!!" but she never breathed a word of it. I suppose the line forms to the left to get one, eh? ;-)

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Wow guys that is amazing! That beauty would convert anyone to step cuts. Great job!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never been a huge fan of step cuts, but wow... I''ll start saving my pennies for one of those beauties! Way to go!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, strm, that is AWESOME! Congratulations and I hope you can distribute more of those beauties soon!

Judah Gutwein

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Storm,

Congrats again!

You mentioned earlier:

"Just to make it clear what the relationship is DiaGem and I are the supplier and gog is the first dealer we have on board who is considering carrying them".

I''m wondering whether this new endeavor changes your status on these boards going forward and now that you are on the designer/supplier end of the equation? Are you now to be identified as being "in the trade" and with appreciation for how that impacts forum rules..etc?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 12:30:54 PM
Author: Judah Gutwein

I'm wondering whether this new endeavor changes your status on these boards going forward and now that you are on the designer/supplier end of the equation? Are you now to be identified as being 'in the trade' and with appreciation for how that impacts forum rules..etc?

yes, see new sig.

Judah Gutwein

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Karl,

Thanks for that important clarification and disclosure....
...and welcome to the club!
35.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I'm still drooling on my keyboard.

1TiltB.JPG.jpeg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did it occur to you to go with a 34% table?
Genius!

1FullSun.jpeg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 12:56:54 PM
Author: Judah Gutwein
Karl,

Thanks for that important clarification and disclosure....

...and welcome to the club!
35.gif
Thanks for the welcome and the reminder.
I should have changed it yesterday but I forgot in all the excitement.

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
HOT DAM!!!!! lol

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Wow, strm. I''m so impressed with just the pictures of the stone, I can''t wait to get home and watch it on Vimeo! This is truly something to be proud of.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Karl!
I think your design is more then wonderful (and beautiful and dreamy!) and you should be extemely proud of yourself.
36.gif

You have also given me another diamond to lust over and pine for.
9.gif

Best of luck to you in all your future endeavours.

Cachette
1.gif

p.s. FYI - my name idea for this diamond - Stairway to Heaven.
2.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know Storm, your design has all the impact of those eye-popping honkers you see on sites like Graff!

This design is screaming out for some D IF, 12-carat rough.

9AsscFace.JPG

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, again, Karl. This must be so exciting for you!

I join with the others on this forum in wishing you much well-deserved financial success (along with public acclaim) from this endeavor.

I have a couple questions:

1. You said you've seen the stone in person; has wifey2b seen it, and if so, what was her reaction (if you feel comfortable sharing)?

2. I'm assuming this stone will be available for purchase in the future (if not, I think a PS riot would ensue!) and I'm wondering how carat size will affect the appearance of this stone. For instance, say someone was interested in a right-hand ring
31.gif
and wanted to set a Volcano stone in a tension setting
6.gif
. Would a smaller, say, under .50 carats, stone show off the features of the Volcano?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2009 1:44:13 PM
Author: Cachette
Congratulations Karl!
I think your design is more then wonderful (and beautiful and dreamy!) and you should be extemely proud of yourself.
36.gif

You have also given me another diamond to lust over and pine for.
9.gif

Best of luck to you in all your future endeavours.

Cachette
1.gif

p.s. FYI - my name idea for this diamond - Stairway to Heaven.
2.gif
Ahhh, a nice one!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 3:08:37 PM
Author: sarap333
Congratulations, again, Karl. This must be so exciting for you!

I join with the others on this forum in wishing you much well-deserved financial success (along with public acclaim) from this endeavor.

I have a couple questions:

1. You said you''ve seen the stone in person; has wifey2b seen it, and if so, what was her reaction (if you feel comfortable sharing)?

2. I''m assuming this stone will be available for purchase in the future (if not, I think a PS riot would ensue!) and I''m wondering how carat size will affect the appearance of this stone. For instance, say someone was interested in a right-hand ring
31.gif
and wanted to set a Volcano stone in a tension setting
6.gif
. Would a smaller, say, under .50 carats, stone show off the features of the Volcano?

Yes it is front of me right now. wifey2b has not seen it. She will see it when she comes down here for the next visit.
I have shown it to a lot of people and they were blown away by it.

ct size is an issue with the small table.
.75 will be the smallest for this design to allow it to show its true self.
It can be modified to work at .50 down the road if the demand is there.

JoeNewbie11

Shiny_Rock
Storm, with the improved brilliance of this stone, would lower colors (H, I, J) be more compatible with this new cut? Or would the body color show more because it is still a step cut?

Similar question with clarity, with the smaller table and virtual facet structure, would lower clarities (say SI1 or SI2) be more compatible with this cut?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Strm and Diagem, if you were to start with this 2.26 ct asscher and turn in into an asscher of your design approximately what would the final weight and dimensions be?

Also, I think all my stone's inclusions are near the bottom of the stone near the skin and near the culet.
So after a recut it may yield a VVS1 or IF stone.

Link to stone

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 5:30:25 PM
Author: kenny
Strm and Diagem, if you were to start with this 2.26 ct asscher and turn in into an asscher of your design approximately what would the final weight and dimensions be?

Also, I think all the inclusions are near the bottom of the stone near the skin and near the culet.

So if you polished off there it may yield a VVS1 or IF stone.

Link to stone
way to small and it would be a shame to recut that diamond.
gog has a great trade up policy.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 5:29:11 PM
Author: JoeNewbie11
Storm, with the improved brilliance of this stone, would lower colors (H, I, J) be more compatible with this new cut? Or would the body color show more because it is still a step cut?

Similar question with clarity, with the smaller table and virtual facet structure, would lower clarities (say SI1 or SI2) be more compatible with this cut?

Computer modeling shows it to be about the same as other step cuts I am not sure that it will hold true in actual diamonds. We will know when some are cut.
H should be white just like any other asscher.

Same with the clarity it should hide inclusions better but we don''t know for sure yet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results