shape
carat
color
clarity

Starting my search for an upgrade!

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Well I'm still looking, wanted to see what there is when you go up a few hundred $... found a few more. I like that 2.08 but wanted to see if there are similar ones a little larger (getting a bit greedy on size all of a sudden!)

Came up with a couple more questions:

I've seen a few I like that have this cooler blue coloring, CVD - just something blue in the surroundings or lighting for the video setup ?
https://www.ritani.com/products/2-3...-vs1-clarity-igi-lg546298669-sku-d-8sxcb6wvfx
blue tone.jpg

When you see these wispy lines - something to avoid or no ?
2.20 lines.jpg

These vertical lines aren't so wispy but same thing? this is that first 2.11 from @DejaWiz which I also like very much
2.11 lines.jpg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Well I'm still looking, wanted to see what there is when you go up a few hundred $... found a few more. I like that 2.08 but wanted to see if there are similar ones a little larger (getting a bit greedy on size all of a sudden!)

Came up with a couple more questions:

I've seen a few I like that have this cooler blue coloring, CVD - just something blue in the surroundings or lighting for the video setup ?
https://www.ritani.com/products/2-3...-vs1-clarity-igi-lg546298669-sku-d-8sxcb6wvfx
blue tone.jpg

When you see these wispy lines - something to avoid or no ?
2.20 lines.jpg

These vertical lines aren't so wispy but same thing? this is that first 2.11 from @DejaWiz which I also like very much
2.11 lines.jpg

I wouldn't recommend that 2.35...seems to have a bit of wonk with cut precision of the pavilion facets.

As for the graining/stria: keep in mind that these images/videos are showing you a highly 30-50X magnified view in a controlled photography environment, so keep in mind that what you see is not necessarily indicative of a real-world viewing.
Still keep vigilant, as it's always best to err on the side of caution...CVD has its merits (usually lower price) and its potential faults (graining, birifrengence, color hue).

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn't recommend that 2.35...seems to have a bit of wonk with cut precision of the pavilion facets.

As for the graining/stria: keep in mind that these images/videos are showing you a highly 30-50X magnified view in a controlled photography environment, so keep in mind that what you see is not necessarily indicative of a real-world viewing.
Still keep vigilant, as it's always best to err on the side of caution...CVD has its merits (usually lower price) and its potential faults (graining, birifrengence, color hue).

thank you!

I thought the 2.35 looked a little odd but couldn't tell if it was just reflections while in motion, but now that you say that I can see it.

I have 9 contenders in my cart right now, if I can get narrowed down to 2-3 I'll post them for your final thoughts. I can't tell you how thankful I am for you and Kim N offering your wonderful knowledge and opinions !!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
The bluer coloring is just the lighting set-up.

I found this one with lovely proportions.

Not sure how big you were willing to go.

thanks!! I am a bit intimidated by the size on these, though I've never tried one on... I was thinking 8.1 to 8.5mm but I'm staying open :)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
May be some more options to add to the list.
Kim N...your thoughts? I know some of them have borderline proportions and angles, so I'd like to get as many eyes and minds on them as possible.
Some of these might even be reposts, but I don't feel like going back to check, heh.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
May be some more options to add to the list.
Kim N...your thoughts? I know some of them have borderline proportions and angles, so I'd like to get as many eyes and minds on them as possible.
Some of these might even be reposts, but I don't feel like going back to check, heh.

My favorites are the two Gs and the 2.21 E!

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
The 2.21 E says unavailable at Brilliance ? I've been double checking on every one I really like and if it says unavailable elsewhere I'll take it out of consideration, is that wrong?

Also I've decided to exclude G color just in case there's too much warmth for me

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
The 2.21 E says unavailable at Brilliance ? I've been double checking on every one I really like and if it says unavailable elsewhere I'll take it out of consideration, is that wrong?

Also I've decided to exclude G color just in case there's too much warmth for me

Not necessarily...best bet is to contact Ritani and verify availability with their vendor network.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the proportions on these, but would want to verify with an ASET image.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
@Kim N I like the looks of the 2.30

In my own searching I'm gravitating towards the wider arrows, F or better color, 8.2+mm, least inclusions & least graining, 34-35 CA + 40.6-40.9 PA and smaller table if possible. I'm not so great at seeing a video and immediately thinking "that's the one" - some videos look really light/pale and I just don't know what all to look for!

Here are some I keep going back to, could you let me know are there any to jump on or rule out immediately?

https://www.brilliance.com/lab-grow...make-vs1-clarity-igi-certified-SKU-LG17877799

https://www.ritani.com/products/2-1...-vs2-clarity-igi-lg533215101-sku-d-8wgy8oxit9

https://www.brilliance.com/lab-grow...make-vs1-clarity-igi-certified-SKU-LG16491818

https://www.ritani.com/products/2-1...-vs2-clarity-igi-lg530208178-sku-d-900k6cy5de

https://www.brilliance.com/lab-grow...make-vs1-clarity-igi-certified-SKU-LG17761919

https://www.ritani.com/products/2-1...-vs2-clarity-igi-lg534226113-sku-d-8wgy8pj6wx

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
What is the top of your budget?
You stated around $2000 at the start, then we started seeing $2500 diamonds, and now I see some kissing the $4000 mark.
If it's $4000, then that will open up many, many more avenues to get your dream rock.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Oops!! I'm only considering ones at Ritani but shared links from my double-checking where the diamonds are also located (brilliance and elsewhere) - sorry! I'm going to try not to go much over 2400

eta the ones I included for links at Brilliance are at Ritani but less $$

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Oops!! I'm only considering ones at Ritani but shared links from my double-checking where the diamonds are also located (brilliance and elsewhere) - sorry! I'm going to try not to go much over 2400

No worries! ...just wanted to make sure that we are giving you recommendations that will be the best for your budget. :)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N I like the looks of the 2.30

In my own searching I'm gravitating towards the wider arrows, F or better color, 8.2+mm, least inclusions & least graining, 34-35 CA + 40.6-40.9 PA and smaller table if possible. I'm not so great at seeing a video and immediately thinking "that's the one" - some videos look really light/pale and I just don't know what all to look for!

Here are some I keep going back to, could you let me know are there any to jump on or rule out immediately?

https://www.brilliance.com/lab-grow...make-vs1-clarity-igi-certified-SKU-LG17877799

https://www.ritani.com/products/2-1...-vs2-clarity-igi-lg533215101-sku-d-8wgy8oxit9

https://www.brilliance.com/lab-grow...make-vs1-clarity-igi-certified-SKU-LG16491818

https://www.ritani.com/products/2-1...-vs2-clarity-igi-lg530208178-sku-d-900k6cy5de

https://www.brilliance.com/lab-grow...make-vs1-clarity-igi-certified-SKU-LG17761919

https://www.ritani.com/products/2-1...-vs2-clarity-igi-lg534226113-sku-d-8wgy8pj6wx

These are the ones I like, with the 2.27 being my least favorite.

2.20 F VS1
2.13 F VS2
2.27 F VS1

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I can't find a better video or the grading report in order to see the proportions and angles as well as the plot map, but this might be another one for the list, if all that can be determined:

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
No worries! ...just wanted to make sure that we are giving you recommendations that will be the best for your budget. :)

also some in my list are repeats from the first few recommendations
I can't find a better video or the grading report in order to see the proportions and angles as well as the plot map, but this might be another one for the list, if all that can be determined:

that video is so striking!

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
ok I jumped on the 2.20 F VS1, hopefully it's a winner! I was more disappointed than I expected when the 2.08 was snapped up so I didn't want to dwell too much longer.
will keep you posted. thanks again so much for all the help!!!

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm I just plugged in the measurements on diamdb to see the difference between the new stone and my current one on the finger - diamdb says the 2.20 is too deep ? also I forgot to check the HCA results until now and it got Ex on light return, VG on everything else, average for size. Are any of these things dealbreakers, should I try to cancel my order and keep looking?

Attachments

• 2.20 certificate.pdf
    727.7 KB · Views: 7

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm I just plugged in the measurements on diamdb to see the difference between the new stone and my current one on the finger - diamdb says the 2.20 is too deep ? also I forgot to check the HCA results until now and it got Ex on light return, VG on everything else, average for size. Are any of these things dealbreakers, should I try to cancel my order and keep looking?

I don't think any of them are dealbreakers. Do you have an Ideal-Scope or ASET scope you can use once you receive the stone?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Don't worry about it...the reported depth is 62.6% and DiamDB says up to 62.5% is recommended.
The 43% pavilion depth and medium girdle thickness are A-OK, so there's a little extra height on the top side of the diamond due to the small 54.5% table and 34.8° CA.
You're all good.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't worry about it...the reported depth is 62.6% and DiamDB says up to 62.5% is recommended.
The 43% pavilion depth and medium girdle thickness are A-OK, so there's a little extra height on the top side of the diamond due to the small 54.5% table and 34.8° CA.
You're all good.

Yep, that 16% crown height and tiny table are going to be killer for fire!

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Ok wonderful, thanks you two! I remembered part of why you liked the 2.08 was the tiny table @Kim N so I looked further into that and kept it in mind while searching :) I’ll probably go ahead and order the ideal scope from David Atlas, sounds like the beginner one will be fine for my use and it will be fun to see!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok wonderful, thanks you two! I remembered part of why you liked the 2.08 was the tiny table @Kim N so I looked further into that and kept it in mind while searching :) I’ll probably go ahead and order the ideal scope from David Atlas, sounds like the beginner one will be fine for my use and it will be fun to see!

Yes, the beginner scope will be great! Looking forward to photos when you get the stone and the scope.

I'm so excited for you!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Monkey wrench in the gears: I'm going to recommend the ASET kit with the ideal practice stones. Why wade into the pool when you can cannonball? :lol-2:

Screenshot_20220918-190013.png

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Monkey wrench in the gears: I'm going to recommend the ASET kit with the ideal practice stones. Why wade into the pool when you can cannonball? :lol-2:

Screenshot_20220918-190013.png

That one says best suited for fancy shapes ?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
That one says best suited for fancy shapes ?

The Ideal-Scope only works effectively with rounds.
The ASET works with all shapes and provides details that the Ideal-Scope can't.
AGS uses ASET-based light analysis on every diamond that they grade, regardless of shape. :)

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
The Ideal-Scope only works effectively with rounds.
The ASET works with all shapes and provides details that the Ideal-Scope can't.
AGS uses ASET-based light analysis on every diamond that they grade, regardless of shape. :)

Ok cool! And then if I ever get that emerald cut I also want I can use it on that :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results