carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
I’ve been obsessing over this bangle for over a week, sigh

9F452B25-A8CC-46C4-A9D8-DE6578504F93.jpeg

From YY and supposedly mid 5 fig. My size and princess round.

Icy, How much would this be in USD? It is beautiful. Get it!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Will be dry… you know like not watery and not lively. It’s not an attractive look to me. Have seen before.
Aww, no, some won't be. And it will be lively if it is the right combination of colour and water.

I guess it's a preference and subjective.

Jade moves in so many ways it is puzzling and pleasing.

Definitely down to preference and subjective but I’ve seen bangles that resemble these irl and I didn’t like them:

1A5879AF-9B48-4D64-952A-93621363B8A0.jpeg 0F3F8E0A-FB05-450E-9F5A-B907DA856CA6.jpeg

Icy, How much would this be in USD? It is beautiful. Get it!

No idea. Probably less than $10k since it’s got a visible stone line. Anyway I just got another bangle so am controlling my urge.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Definitely down to preference and subjective but I’ve seen bangles that resemble these irl and I didn’t like them:

1A5879AF-9B48-4D64-952A-93621363B8A0.jpeg 0F3F8E0A-FB05-450E-9F5A-B907DA856CA6.jpeg

No idea. Probably less than $10k since it’s got a visible stone line. Anyway I just got another bangle so am controlling my urge.

LOL Icy.....YOU SURE ARE STRONG!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock

:lol: Noooooo, the pendant is not black nor has it got black spots like that does it?

I said colour and water:rolleyes:. Need not have a lot of water even. A good balance and you get a lovely vibrant bangle.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been obsessing over this bangle for over a week, sigh

9F452B25-A8CC-46C4-A9D8-DE6578504F93.jpeg

From YY and supposedly mid 5 fig. My size and princess round.

Looks so beautiful and princess style too! Ask for more photos?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
:lol: Noooooo, the pendant is not black nor has it got black spots like that does it?

I said colour and water:rolleyes:. Need not have a lot of water even. A good balance and you get a lovely vibrant bangle.

Haha ok guess I haven’t seen good 干青 types in real life

Looks so beautiful and princess style too! Ask for more photos?

Thanks, am still thinking… anyway have just gotten a new jadeite bangle so scratched the bangle itch for now. I figured that I’ve many years ahead (fingers crossed) and only a few more colors that I really want so don’t have to rush.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock

Thanks, am still thinking… anyway have just gotten a new jadeite bangle so scratched the bangle itch for now. I figured that I’ve many years ahead (fingers crossed) and only a few more colors that I really want so don’t have to rush.

What are the colors you still want to get? There are so many beautiful colors yeah.

joycece

Rough_Rock

:lol: exactly how I am telling myself too

joycece

Rough_Rock
You guys started way before page 50 hahaha! Glad to know that you trust that seller because there's a slight fear at the back of my head that I might get scammed or whatever. I also like watching that seller but I find that this seller has better priced items and haggles better for me (https://www.facebook.com/wu.simin.39). But then again my budget is my budget.

Thanks for the reply! I feel my worries are eased about purchasing from livestream :)

I watch her from time to time and have wanted to buy from her to see the quality but she is usually very so slow to show and I fall asleep while watching :sleep:

joycece

Rough_Rock
Ugh. I give up. This is why I didn't buy jade until this year, too many fakes and hard to tell. I've tested them for hardness, but beyond that I need to get another UV light to check for treatments.
try a water test too for its density

grab a 365nm UV light from amazon if you haven't! i enjoy using it to check non-gem stuff like my dog's mess, dust, and bugs too lol. I heard the newer Type B jade cannot be detected by UV now thou...

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I watch her from time to time and have wanted to buy from her to see the quality but she is usually very so slow to show and I fall asleep while watching :sleep:

Oh, which vendor do you like? You can share? Thanks.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
What are the colors you still want to get? There are so many beautiful colors yeah.

Want:
Lavender
Blue
Green

Optional:
Any other color/bangle that catches my eye

But even if just the 3, I’ll be happy.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Want:
Lavender
Blue
Green

Optional:

You definitely will find one. Keep your eyes open and it will come to you.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
So remember when I posted a couple of weeks ago how I went to the local Neiman Marcus store and saw a green jade bead necklace for
$79,000 USD. Apparently that was considered reasonable. WELL YIIIKKKEEESS..... I just happened to be surfing the web and this green jade necklace and earring set popped up and I thought wow I wonder how much that cost because it looks a little like the necklace I have. I was shocked to see the price. How can people charge such outrageous prices. I will post. Can you even believe this insanity? Has anyone here bought anything from this website. Are they reputable?

fullsizeoutput_318a.jpeg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
You definitely will find one. Keep your eyes open and it will come to you.

Thank you. I hope so… have been looking for the lavender for years but am now more zen about it

So remember when I posted a couple of weeks ago how I went to the local Neiman Marcus store and saw a green jade bead necklace for
$79,000 USD. Apparently that was considered reasonable. WELL YIIIKKKEEESS..... I just happened to be surfing the web and this green jade necklace and earring set popped up and I thought wow I wonder how much that cost because it looks a little like the necklace I have. I was shocked to see the price. How can people charge such outrageous prices. I will post. Can you even believe this insanity? Has anyone here bought anything from this website. Are they reputable?

fullsizeoutput_318a.jpeg

When I see prices like that, I think it’s just a scam for western buyers who don’t know better

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you. I hope so… have been looking for the lavender for years but am now more zen about it

When I see prices like that, I think it’s just a scam for western buyers who don’t know better

LOL...I hope you are right because if you aren't I want to sell mine for sure. LOL I can't even see how they can seriously post such prices. I was shocked at the $79,000 price already. So probably not a reputable website then? I wonder if anyone else here has ever heard of them?

Last edited:

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Want:
Lavender
Blue
Green

Optional:

Icy, do the livestreams have better prices? Also wondering about the facebook people.

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
I've been wanting a blue and watery jadeite bangle for forever! Recently the prices have been going up I hear and I wonder if that's even realistic anymore.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
I've been wanting a blue and watery jadeite bangle for forever! Recently the prices have been going up I hear and I wonder if that's even realistic anymore.

You should ask the ladies on this website. They are so knowlegeable about the facebook and livestream people. I bet they could help you.

joycece

Rough_Rock
Oh, which vendor do you like? You can share? Thanks.

I still like 林金珍 when I can stay awake to watch them in my time zone, I wanted to get a icy white cabochon from them and make a ring with blue sapphire melee.

Recently I like to watch https://www.facebook.com/firebao999 and https://www.facebook.com/CNYFY because they are almost 24 hours and mostly bangles....but still can't find the lavender that I want after 2 months of watching them :roll:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Icy, do the livestreams have better prices? Also wondering about the facebook people.

I don’t know as never did LS or rather never had the patience to sit thru longer than a few minutes. Paging @ChaiK and @mellowyellowgirl to help

Yeah, so finally decided to get a bluish green one recently. The seller that I bought from has got more, eg:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm giving up on bangles. Everything is ridiculously priced and ugly ugly ugly.

Full of uglies. It's like they jacked up the price and added a zero to everything. Even colourless sh$t.

I'll just enjoy these for now.

PXL_20210723_123302921.PORTRAIT.jpg

jadenewbie

Rough_Rock
I still like 林金珍 when I can stay awake to watch them in my time zone, I wanted to get a icy white cabochon from them and make a ring with blue sapphire melee.

Recently I like to watch https://www.facebook.com/firebao999 and https://www.facebook.com/CNYFY because they are almost 24 hours and mostly bangles....but still can't find the lavender that I want after 2 months of watching them :roll:

I watch her because she humors my need for chatting since I can only google translate text. I don't know of an app yet that can reliably translate spoken language. And I'm not into bangles, which might be a good thing cause I would need above 65 I think

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
I'm giving up on bangles. Everything is ridiculously priced and ugly ugly ugly.

Full of uglies. It's like they jacked up the price and added a zero to everything. Even colourless sh$t.

I'll just enjoy these for now.

PXL_20210723_123302921.PORTRAIT.jpg

A very beautiful collection!

joycece

Rough_Rock
I watch her because she humors my need for chatting since I can only google translate text. I don't know of an app yet that can reliably translate spoken language. And I'm not into bangles, which might be a good thing cause I would need above 65 I think

https://www.facebook.com/firebao999 this one I think they now have a translate tool so you can just type English as long as you can understand their response in mandarin. they sell everything and they have 3 different LS accounts for different clientele.

I thought I didn't like bangle too all I want was just some pendants and beads for DIY...but once I tried wearing a bangle, can't keep my eyes off my wrist hahaha

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
@Silvermom , I think if you take yours out in the sun, yours glows.

And, it is bright green on its own, so yeah, that is how it glows slightly in normal light.

ChaiK, wanted to see what you meant about beads being in the sun so when the sun came out this morning I took a shot. They do look a much brighter green. Is this what you meant about glow?
P.S. Haven't been watching any dramas lately because after the Legend of the White Snake (Which I did enjoy), I got burned out. Will start back later when my eyes are not so tired. LOL I am getting old. fullsizeoutput_3190.jpeg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It’s more the chromium “glow” than the light play right?

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
It’s more the chromium “glow” than the light play right?

I guess we will have to ask ChaiK because to be honest, I don't see any glow. Maybe it is because I was thinking it should look like a moonstone kind of glow. All the ones that I have seen that glow look kinda like moonstone. Glad we have ChaiK to ask. Does chromium glow Icy?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results