shape
carat
color
clarity

Sourcing through Leon's diamond concierge.

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Has any one source a diamond though Leon's diamond concierge? I was thinking of having him (or who ever works for him) to source the diamond and have leon make the setting....one stop shop kinda thing. But does Perry Chen ahve a good eye? can I trust him? I've never met Leon or seen any of his things in person but after this forum and his masterpieces on his website and here, I completely trust him. Can I put this trust on Chen as well????

Thanks!

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Several people here have gotten their gorgeous stones through Leon/Perry (mostly cushions, I think, but I know at least one asscher as well).

Here's a previous thread that discussed Leon's Diamond Concierge service, with links to some Perry-sourced stone owners and their gorgeous rings (MissyDebby, VBnet, Brown Eyed Country Girl's asscher): https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-from-leon-mege.148805/#post-2691673#p2691673

Here are a couple that aren't in that thread: Bajabum's, ChampagneTaste is currently waiting for a Leon cushion to be set, I believe (another thread here [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-think-i-found-my-cushion-please-give-advice.148743/#post-2689800#p2689800']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-think-i-found-my-cushion-please-give-advice.148743/#post-2689800#p2689800[/URL] ).

Also check out MissyDebby's awesome, thoughtful review comparing cushions from both Perry and GOG: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...eview-perry-cushion-vs-gog-avc-w-pics.147506/

I was investigating this service for a while too so these are what came to mind. I can't give you any firsthand info though, as I ended up getting an AVC in the end.

aliao

Rough_Rock
Rose-E said:
Has any one source a diamond though Leon's diamond concierge? I was thinking of having him (or who ever works for him) to source the diamond and have leon make the setting....one stop shop kinda thing. But does Perry Chen ahve a good eye? can I trust him? I've never met Leon or seen any of his things in person but after this forum and his masterpieces on his website and here, I completely trust him. Can I put this trust on Chen as well????

Thanks!

Hello Rose-E,

I actually had my stone sourced through Leon's diamond concierge back in September and I'm about to get my ring this week or next. Perry was wonderful to work with and I can tell you that I'll have no problem having him pick a stone for me. I was also a little worried about having a stone picked out for me and ended up taking a red flight from CA to meet with Perry and see some of stones he had picked for me. Before I saw the stones and decided for myself what was best, Perry picked the best looking stone, even though it was cheaper. He also showed the stones to Leon to get his opinion on them, and even matched the lowest pricescope price available for the stone. So, yes I would put my trust on Chen again in a heartbeat.

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Love Street and Aliao!!! Reallu appreciate the input!!!

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Rose-E said:

Thanks!

Leon/Perry do not provide ASET images or video nor are they as experienced as other PS vendors(ERD, GOG) in diamond selection.
They seem to offer cushions at reasonable prices but they come from the same source as the above mentioned vendors and all three have access to the same NYC supplier who sells the vintage style cushions at roughly the same prices YMMV.

They don't have a focus or emphasis on light performance just an overall beauty judgement, if you want the best performing stone they wouldn't be my vendor of choice I would suggest GOG instead. Overall I would suggest you contact AOP, ERD, WF and GOG and see what can be offered and at what price. ERD and AOP are in Manhattan, GOG is out in Long Island.

Mrs.Flintstone

Rough_Rock
Dear Rose-E,

It is great that you are doing your research and I wish you the best of luck.

I can only share my own experiences as this wonderful community has done for me.

In a nut shell, I happened to stumble upon a glorious short cut to having amazing jewelry.
Easy and painless. Possible? Definitely.
One stop diamond shopping & setting, executed PERFECTLY by fantastic jewelers.
This was the attraction for me.
If you are like me and looking for a similar experience, this may work for you.
If not, just follow your own heart.
There are so many different ways to get there.
I just happened to take this fabulous shortcut.
And I loved it.

My best advice to you on where/how to start would be:
"Call Perry and talk to him today!"
It is so easy.
You will be glad that you did.

Here is my story:

I found Leon and Perry through Pricescope and just wrote a short email.
They have been nothing but amazing.
I had all my diamonds sourced by Perry Chen/ Leon Mege.
I can honestly tell you that these guys are wonderful..
( you can see the link to my previous thread below)
I have since then purchased more through Perry and Leon has turned them into masterpieces.
Another earring and a pendant. We still have few smaller projects lined up.

When I first started looking, I was really overwhelmed by the amount of information on 'how to choose diamonds'.
I read about the different cuts, watched many videos comparing different colors/clarity/brands.
I researched all the different vendors and tried to read many great threads on Pricescope.
I was able to educate myself a bit but I knew that my little understanding would never replace an expert's eye.
You have to be careful out there. These are very expensive purchases, very stressful.
Especially when you are not there to see the diamonds for yourself.
I would never trust myself entirely with such a big commitment.
What do you do when making such important decisions?
Consult an expert.

His name is Perry Chen.
An amazingly calm, patient and knowledgeable young man.

I am sure that Perry has heard it all.
He understands what I am seeking.
He trains me slowly and patiently, replying as soon as he can, explaining things over and over again.
I feel silly. I don't know which questions to ask.
He takes over, starting from the Big Bang.
I really feel bad for him as I bombard him with my ridiculous pieces of information.

'No question is too silly' he says, adds that he feels more comfortable as you ask more.
He knows that this is more than just a 'purchase' and never treats it as such.
You have his complete attention.
His family has been/still is in this business and Perry has grown up playing with diamonds.
He knows absolutely everyone. And every diamond.
What else would one seek in their 'diamond guy'?

Yes, I trust Perry Chen completely and he has proven his taste, his sources every single time.
Just be very open, tell him exactly what you are looking for, list your realistic priorities and tell him your price range.
He is always very busy but manages somehow and never keeps you waiting.
The more he understands you, the better the match.
Now sit back and relax, he will find you that diamond with your name on it.

There is an order in the way Perry and Leon work.
This has been my experience each and every time, with each project.
Very simple steps.
If you want to buy a diamond, you will first talk to Perry Chen, not Leon Mege.
Perry and Leon have been working together for a very long time and know each other very well.
He always shows the diamonds to Leon to see what he thinks, they have great communication.
So most probably Leon has seen the choices of diamonds Perry has picked for you and has voiced his opinion.
Perry will tell you what he thinks and as well as Leon thinks.
After you buy your stone, he will transfer you to Leon.

Then all is between you and Leon, I recommend that you speak to him on the phone, tell him what you like.
Present him with two or three designs so he understands your expectations, your life style and taste.
Leon is an amazing person, he really is. You feel it as soon as you start talking to him.
He will tell you what he thinks and will leave you with a few points to consider.
Take a few days and think about it, no rush.
Then you can call him up and discuss again.

After this he will send you his sketch, go over it well, consider your options.
Be very honest and clear about your ideas and keep an open mind about his recommendations.
Remember that he will try to do the best for you and your diamond, the best setting to show its best qualities.
Of course he wants you to be very happy and comfortable with the outcome, that is the whole idea.
Leon has impeccable taste and knowledge, he will guide you.
But eventually, it is your ring and your decision, he respects that.
It's just that you will have to make a decision and a commitment just as he will do for you.
Lastly, the lovely Rachael will send you the work order.
Go over it, settle payment and you are on your way.
Very fair and professional transaction.

The waiting will be a bit tough.
Could take four to six weeks.
Mid way, you will have many doubts and regrets.. You will reconsider the decisions you have made.
You will feel like cancelling the whole thing and have an urge to call everyday asking for a follow-up & pictures.
It is a spiritual battle and a worthy one considering the amount of time and money you are committing.
Nowadays we are very used to buying things and having them delivered the next day.
Try to remain calm and positive, don't compare stories and build up anxiety!
You are waiting for a custom made beauty. Worth the wait.

Leon does not provide updates and photos of the progress, make sure you are comfortable with that.

Finally you will receive that long awaited email from Rachael, confirming shipping address and details.
You can now open that beautiful red box in front of you.
The best part.

A trustworthy and honest transaction.
Amazingly simple.

What can I say about Leon Mege?
A lot.
All good.
He is the Master of his craft.
I respect his professionalism, his artistic talent, his honesty and his sharp wit.
But most of all, here is a man who loves what he is doing and no order is too small.
He is extremely hard working and an incurable perfectionist.
He will start all over again if he is not happy with it, he did exactly that with one of my projects.
I prefer that he tells me which of my suggestions won't work and why not. I am not a jeweler.
I do not know metals or stones. How they work together.
I do have my own taste, my lifestyle and I told him exactly what I wanted.
If I can, I will try to post the sketch I drew for him, of how I wanted my ring to look like.
The greatest sketch ever drawn.
You can compare it to the final product.
I knew what I wanted but my hands refused to transfer it to paper (hopeless talent)
But Leon got it.
Despite my pathetic terminology.
It is very difficult to describe what you can clearly see in your head. I really struggled.
But Leon got it.

By nature, I am a perfectionist, perhaps in need of medication.
Leon is the perfect match for me.
I understand where he is coming from and learn from him every time.
I respect the challenge he takes on and how much thought he puts into it.
His execution is top notch, he truly creates masterpieces.

My Family and I are very happy to have met, worked and built a friendship with Leon & Perry.
We have also met their beautiful families ( we were at the right place at the right time )
These men are proud, loving fathers and husbands.
They are hardworking jewelers who love what they do and are amazing at it.
Their integrity and honesty comes before all, their masterpieces speak for themselves.
How respectable is that?

So my answer is YES, call Perry Chen/ Leon Mege and start your amazing journey.
I wish you all the best in your search.
Try to stay positive and keep an open mind.
Trust your own voice, every one's experiences are unique.
I often remind myself that these are nothing but metal and stone.
They shouldn't hold me back more than necessary and take away valuable time from my Family.
So easy to get lost in this search, there is no end to seeking that 'perfect diamond' or design.

Allow yourself to enjoy your purchase, give yourself time to grow a bond.
Then sail off to different journey. Endless quests await.

May everything wonderful be coming your way, thank you for sharing with us.

Mrs. Flintstone

P.S..

Here is a little Solar System.. sun, planets, moon.

Ring is 5.15cts, Color I, VS2, size 5 3/4
Earrings are 2.50 cts each, H, VS1, Belgian Pave
Pendant is 3.50 cts, J, VS1, 16' & 18' platinum chain

My previous thread : [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thank-you-leon-perry-our-diamond-whisperers.147262/#post-2658708']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thank-you-leon-perry-our-diamond-whisperers.147262/#post-2658708[/URL]

(I'll add some photos of the new solar system in Show Me The Bling section).

My own sketch of my ring:

Ring_Sketch.jpg

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rose! I wrote up a long thread regarding buying both from GOG and also from Leon/Perry, as mentioned earlier.

I have had nothing but great experiences with both vendors. In short:

PROS from GOG
1. Excellent customer service and return policies

2. They have the best supporting Tech out there. AVC's are the best if the ultimate light performance in a cushion is what you crave and you like the style of the AVC cushions.

3. They will bend over backwards to supply you with any photos and video you desire.

CONS from GOG
1. You will pay a premium for the branded cushions with the best Lifetime upgrading policies.

PROS from Leon/Perry
1. They have stunning chunky antique style cushions. They are not as "precise" as the AVC, but some people prefer their more "Old World" look.

2. Perry will absolutely get you the best prices on these diamonds. Some jewelers that supply their own diamonds pad their profit with the diamond sale. That is not true of L/P. Example: my 1.01 E VS2 was a minimum of $500 to $800 less than any other comparable diamonds from excellent vendors at the time of my purchase. And the center oval I had them source for a ring that I just signed the work order on came in through Perry, $1500 to $3000 less than comparables. (It's a fancy color)

3. If you are one of those people that need to have a Leon setting, like me, it is just great to have it all under 1 roof.

CONS from Leon/Perry
1. Spotty customer service. I, like Mrs. Flintstone, have had nothing but a great experience with the process. But other PSers of high repute have had very questionable experiences, to say the least. With that knowledge, I still chose to have them source and make me another project... but others have read the reviews and decided against.

Much love and good luck! -Deb

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results