shape
carat
color
clarity

Sooo...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 12:02:42 AM
Author: Sassee
Ha ha. I can safely say that Mr Sassee doesn''t hurry his pace for anyone or anything!! (Unless there is a good glass of wine and roast duck on offer - then he might quicken his stride).
2.gif
*starts packing a large box* Oh yeah? Whereabouts should I send this lovely meal and refreshment, then?
2.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2007 11:48:37 PM
Author: gwendolyn
And luckystar112, the dark horse contender, leaps out into the lead with her engagement! Hop to it, Sha''s and Sassee''s boyfriends!! Chop chop! We have a schedule to keep here!
37.gif

That''s what I''m saying!
20.gif
1.gif
I''m happy for luckystar, though. Maybe I''ll be second in line? The 18th is this weekend!

The race is on..
10.gif

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 12:04:29 AM

Date: 8/13/2007 12:02:42 AM
Ha ha. I can safely say that Mr Sassee doesn''t hurry his pace for anyone or anything!! (Unless there is a good glass of wine and roast duck on offer - then he might quicken his stride).
2.gif
*starts packing a large box* Oh yeah? Whereabouts should I send this lovely meal and refreshment, then?
2.gif

Ha ha - c/o Melbourne, Australia! You''re a champ. I look forward to the arrival of the package so that he can get moving!!
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 1:13:45 AM
Author: Sha
That''s what I''m saying!
20.gif
1.gif
I''m happy for luckystar, though. Maybe I''ll be second in line? The 18th is this weekend!

The race is on..
10.gif
I''ve got my fingers crossed for you, darlin''!! I know all about waiting, and it SUCKS!!
14.gif

[quoteAuthor: Sassee
Ha ha - c/o Melbourne, Australia! You''re a champ. I look forward to the arrival of the package so that he can get moving!!
36.gif
[/quote]
Seriously?!! I LOVE Melbourne!!! St Kilda in particular--at least when I was there last (in 2000) it was so cute and charming and lovely and there''s the beach right there and the VCA and Luna Park and the adorable little streets with good eats and cute shops!! Yay!
9.gif

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
Well, update this past week IS... THE RING HAS BEEN BOUGHT! We had looked at 2 potential settings (but the one is THE one, and I think he knows it and bought it). So hopefully that ring is just starting a little fire in that pocket of his and it will come soon. He already told me that it wont be during the summer season, and it will happen before the end of "07. A fall proposal would be just fine for me!
6.gif
)

I''ll tell ya... this waiting thing is hard! I am glad I have all of you to "PATIENTLY"
32.gif
wait with

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 11:14:09 AM

That's what I'm saying!
20.gif
1.gif
I'm happy for luckystar, though. Maybe I'll be second in line? The 18th is this weekend!

The race is on..
10.gif
I've got my fingers crossed for you, darlin'!! I know all about waiting, and it SUCKS!!
14.gif

Ha ha - c/o Melbourne, Australia! You're a champ. I look forward to the arrival of the package so that he can get moving!!
36.gif
Seriously?!! I LOVE Melbourne!!! St Kilda in particular--at least when I was there last (in 2000) it was so cute and charming and lovely and there's the beach right there and the VCA and Luna Park and the adorable little streets with good eats and cute shops!! Yay!
9.gif
[/quote]

Yeah its a great city, and I personally think its gotten better in the 7 years since you last graced our shores! You'll have to make sure to come back and visit us some time. I know its a long way Down Under, but I think its worth it once you finally get over here!!

I don't know which part of the USA you are in Gwendolyn, but I've visited Boston, NYC and Washington DC and I loved it all. My boyfriend did all of the west coast of the US as a kid, and his parents used to have a condo on Kauai so he spent many Australian winters (obviously your summer) over there. Oh yeah and he even went and visited his friends from Oregon when he was still at high school... (way back in 1990 or something!!) - he went with them to school for 2 weeks and told all of the kids that we rode kangaroos down the middle of the streetl!!

Now, in other developments, my boyfriend who has managed to save EVERY email since we first started dating (whereas I have lost lap top computers, moved jobs etc), looked up his archived emails and found the date of our first meeting. He said to me last night "do you remember what happened on 22 August 2002?"... I said "I'm guessing that was the first day that we met". And he said "yes".

Mmm... do you think things might occur on 22 August? He is a bit sentimental like that, so it wouldn't completely surprise me... by my calculations that is next Wednesday (Aussie time). Lets hope he comes through with the goods. But now that he has told me that, I'm beginning to think its a red herring and it WON'T happen on that date. Maybe too predictable? Look at me - I'm starting to doubt myself. Ha ha. Oh well... all I can do is sit out and wait!!

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
I am new to posting on this forum. I usually stick to the rocky talky thread but I am a lady in waiting here now for moral support!! i think it is coming but who knows when!!!

I am still waiting patiently for the big proposal and the beautiful ring we picked out!!! I am hoping for before Thanksgiving but I would love for it to be sooner. The BF wants to make it a surprise since we picked out the ring and such together. So... hopefully I will have something fun to contribute soon!!!

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
We were on vaca last week, and although the talks have happened a lot recently, we really made some serious headway this past weekend. I think he just needed a fire lit under him. The talks, although wonderful, just seemed to be floating put there, but I have picked out what I want, and he''s ready to make the call. I''m hoping by the end of next month!! Wanna show off some bling at the next fam function!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 6:22:30 PM

Date: 8/13/2007 11:14:09 AM

That's what I'm saying!
20.gif
1.gif
I'm happy for luckystar, though. Maybe I'll be second in line? The 18th is this weekend!

The race is on..
10.gif
I've got my fingers crossed for you, darlin'!! I know all about waiting, and it SUCKS!!
14.gif

Ha ha - c/o Melbourne, Australia! You're a champ. I look forward to the arrival of the package so that he can get moving!!
36.gif
Seriously?!! I LOVE Melbourne!!! St Kilda in particular--at least when I was there last (in 2000) it was so cute and charming and lovely and there's the beach right there and the VCA and Luna Park and the adorable little streets with good eats and cute shops!! Yay!
9.gif

Yeah its a great city, and I personally think its gotten better in the 7 years since you last graced our shores! You'll have to make sure to come back and visit us some time. I know its a long way Down Under, but I think its worth it once you finally get over here!!

I don't know which part of the USA you are in Gwendolyn, but I've visited Boston, NYC and Washington DC and I loved it all. My boyfriend did all of the west coast of the US as a kid, and his parents used to have a condo on Kauai so he spent many Australian winters (obviously your summer) over there. Oh yeah and he even went and visited his friends from Oregon when he was still at high school... (way back in 1990 or something!!) - he went with them to school for 2 weeks and told all of the kids that we rode kangaroos down the middle of the streetl!!

Now, in other developments, my boyfriend who has managed to save EVERY email since we first started dating (whereas I have lost lap top computers, moved jobs etc), looked up his archived emails and found the date of our first meeting. He said to me last night 'do you remember what happened on 22 August 2002?'... I said 'I'm guessing that was the first day that we met'. And he said 'yes'.

Mmm... do you think things might occur on 22 August? He is a bit sentimental like that, so it wouldn't completely surprise me... by my calculations that is next Wednesday (Aussie time). Lets hope he comes through with the goods. But now that he has told me that, I'm beginning to think its a red herring and it WON'T happen on that date. Maybe too predictable? Look at me - I'm starting to doubt myself. Ha ha. Oh well... all I can do is sit out and wait!! [/quote]

Aug 22 would be awesome, wouldn't it? That's just a week away! There has to be a reason he decided to look up the date that you met...maybe he is thinking it would be nice to propose on that day, but maybe he wanted to make sure you remembered the significance of it as well?

Ringplease ane livinthedream, it sounds like you mightn't have too long to wait either...if all goes as hoped.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Yeah its a great city, and I personally think its gotten better in the 7 years since you last graced our shores! You''ll have to make sure to come back and visit us some time. I know its a long way Down Under, but I think its worth it once you finally get over here!!

I don''t know which part of the USA you are in Gwendolyn, but I''ve visited Boston, NYC and Washington DC and I loved it all. My boyfriend did all of the west coast of the US as a kid, and his parents used to have a condo on Kauai so he spent many Australian winters (obviously your summer) over there. Oh yeah and he even went and visited his friends from Oregon when he was still at high school... (way back in 1990 or something!!) - he went with them to school for 2 weeks and told all of the kids that we rode kangaroos down the middle of the streetl!!
I was hoping to go back for my best friend down there''s wedding (she''s from Carrum Downs), but she''s getting married the day I leave the U.S. for England to start grad school! I''ve told my future hubby that we WILL go down to Australia sometime, both to visit with the friends I have there still (mostly in Victoria & Tas), but also to soak up the beauty and the atmosphere. It''s the most relaxing, gorgeous, friendly place I''ve ever been, and I still miss it.
1.gif

Now, in other developments, my boyfriend who has managed to save EVERY email since we first started dating (whereas I have lost lap top computers, moved jobs etc), looked up his archived emails and found the date of our first meeting. He said to me last night ''do you remember what happened on 22 August 2002?''... I said ''I''m guessing that was the first day that we met''. And he said ''yes''.

Mmm... do you think things might occur on 22 August? He is a bit sentimental like that, so it wouldn''t completely surprise me... by my calculations that is next Wednesday (Aussie time). Lets hope he comes through with the goods. But now that he has told me that, I''m beginning to think its a red herring and it WON''T happen on that date. Maybe too predictable? Look at me - I''m starting to doubt myself. Ha ha. Oh well... all I can do is sit out and wait!!
Ooooooooh, that sounds promising, and sweet that he kept all those emails and could look up the date, even if that isn''t when he ends up proposing. I think you got yourself a good one.
9.gif

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 3:51:04 PM

Yeah its a great city, and I personally think its gotten better in the 7 years since you last graced our shores! You''ll have to make sure to come back and visit us some time. I know its a long way Down Under, but I think its worth it once you finally get over here!!

I don''t know which part of the USA you are in Gwendolyn, but I''ve visited Boston, NYC and Washington DC and I loved it all. My boyfriend did all of the west coast of the US as a kid, and his parents used to have a condo on Kauai so he spent many Australian winters (obviously your summer) over there. Oh yeah and he even went and visited his friends from Oregon when he was still at high school... (way back in 1990 or something!!) - he went with them to school for 2 weeks and told all of the kids that we rode kangaroos down the middle of the streetl!!
I was hoping to go back for my best friend down there''s wedding (she''s from Carrum Downs), but she''s getting married the day I leave the U.S. for England to start grad school! I''ve told my future hubby that we WILL go down to Australia sometime, both to visit with the friends I have there still (mostly in Victoria & Tas), but also to soak up the beauty and the atmosphere. It''s the most relaxing, gorgeous, friendly place I''ve ever been, and I still miss it.
1.gif

Now, in other developments, my boyfriend who has managed to save EVERY email since we first started dating (whereas I have lost lap top computers, moved jobs etc), looked up his archived emails and found the date of our first meeting. He said to me last night ''do you remember what happened on 22 August 2002?''... I said ''I''m guessing that was the first day that we met''. And he said ''yes''.

Mmm... do you think things might occur on 22 August? He is a bit sentimental like that, so it wouldn''t completely surprise me... by my calculations that is next Wednesday (Aussie time). Lets hope he comes through with the goods. But now that he has told me that, I''m beginning to think its a red herring and it WON''T happen on that date. Maybe too predictable? Look at me - I''m starting to doubt myself. Ha ha. Oh well... all I can do is sit out and wait!!
Ooooooooh, that sounds promising, and sweet that he kept all those emails and could look up the date, even if that isn''t when he ends up proposing. I think you got yourself a good one.
9.gif

I think my quoting is getting out of control... mmm...

I sort of know where Carrum Downs is... I am from Camberwell/Hawthorn from the inner east of Melbourne.

That''s a shame you can''t make it to your friend''s wedding, but maybe you can come and visit her on one of her anniversaries!!
How long were you in Oz? Sounds like quite a while
1.gif

As for the date, I am starting to get sceptical and my "glass half full" pessimism is making me think that nothing will happen. I hope it will, but I won''t put all my eggs in one basket, otherwise I will end up disappointed (and that has definitely happened before so I am speaking from experience, LOL !!)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 10:58:23 PM
I think my quoting is getting out of control... mmm...

I sort of know where Carrum Downs is... I am from Camberwell/Hawthorn from the inner east of Melbourne.

That''s a shame you can''t make it to your friend''s wedding, but maybe you can come and visit her on one of her anniversaries!!

How long were you in Oz? Sounds like quite a while
1.gif
I was there for 6 months--most of those (about 5) were spent at the Uni of Tasmania in Hobart (well, mostly technically Sandy Bay, beeeeeeyootiful, charming, friendly, gorgeous, wonderful, fabulous place), and the other month I spent in various places in Victoria. Mostly at my friend''s house in Carrum Downs, with some trips to downtown Melbourne, but we also did some day trips around to some suburbs, went to Ballarat, Arthur''s Seat, the Great Ocean Road. All that good stuff.
1.gif

Oh! And to answer your previous question, which I rudely (but inadvertently) ignored, I live outside of Baltimore, Maryland, very close to DC (about 45 minutes away by car), and I have a half a dozen friends up in Boston so I know that area pretty well too! All pretty nice areas of the country, in my rather biased opinion.
2.gif

As for the date, I am starting to get sceptical and my ''glass half full'' pessimism is making me think that nothing will happen. I hope it will, but I won''t put all my eggs in one basket, otherwise I will end up disappointed (and that has definitely happened before so I am speaking from experience, LOL !!)
I think maybe being pessimistic is easier in this situation! Certainly less nerve-wracking.
2.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
that really sounds promising Sassee! Roll on Aug 22nd!!

Gwendolyn..I''ll do my best to get those lucida photos soon. We were just away for a few days and he was talking about it a lot, but I still have a feeling it could be December as it''s my birthday then and obviously Christmas and New Year. I can''t wait to see it again too!!

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
That sounds like a great part of the world to live in Gwen - very pretty (though I''d imagine the winters would get pretty chilly?)

Ah, Tasmania - yes, a beautiful little part of the world (even if most of the world doesn''t know it exists and leaves it off world maps!!)

Definitely agree that being a pessimistic is less nerve-wrecking and better serves you in case there is disappointment - you don''t fall so hard!! Gee, I sound like I''m all doom and gloom, don''t I?
39.gif

I am trying to be excited, but not so excited that if it doesn''t happen next week, I''ll fall in a nervous heap on the ground!!

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, this is exciting, so many LIWs maybe engaged by the end of Aug! There will be a whole batch moving to the BIW and many good ideas floating around!

Can I play too? I''m hoping this weekend! (fingers crossed)
9.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Mine should be in the next couple of weeks...I am hoping for tomorrow though! hehe
11.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Fingers crossed for both of you for this weekend!

As for me, I guess I was wrong about the 18th.
7.gif
Every day I think it's going to be just passes by...disappointingly. I don't see anything happening this weekend. Doesn't look we have any kind of special plans coming up this coming week either.

Why is this taking so long?

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
I know how you feel
8.gif
I was hoping this weekend too, and he led me to believe this weekend, but it''s already Sunday and he''s gone away for most of the day! Weep weep...

At least one of us got a proposal! Yay for luckystar!

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/19/2007 12:20:37 PM
Fingers crossed for both of you for this weekend!

As for me, I guess I was wrong about the 18th.
7.gif
Every day I think it''s going to be just passes by...disappointingly. I don''t see anything happening this weekend. Doesn''t look we have any kind of special plans coming up this coming week either.

Why is this taking so long?
Sha and Happilyeverafter - so disappointing. But chin up, there is always tomorrow!! (I''ve now got Annie tunes running though my head...)

I am starting to feel a bit like you Sha... was really beginning to think that it could/would happen on 22 August... but now I am doubtful
8.gif

Even though it is the date of our 5th "anniversary" and we are going to re-live the moment by going back to the same local italian joint where we had our first date, I don''t think he is going to do it on that night. Maybe its just too predictable.

And then last night (Sunday night for me), he started talking about all of our "fivers"... I''m like: "I don''t understand what you are talking about". Apparently he meant that we will have a lot of milestones coming up in the next few weeks (aside from the first date), such as "five years since our first proper kiss"; "five years since our first night away" (well, it was a month or so after we''d met!!)

Anyway, you get my drift... which means he could be dragging this thing out for months!!

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/17/2007 2:57:03 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
Mine should be in the next couple of weeks...I am hoping for tomorrow though! hehe
11.gif

Any news??!!
26.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Why do men do this to us? sigh.. I hate these ups and downs. I've been hoping and thinking 'maybe this will be it!" for five months now. And so far "it" has yet to happen.

Sassee, let us know how Wednesday goes. Maybe he'll surprise you yet!

Do you have any other dates in mind, happilyeverafter?

If nothing happens for me by next weekend I am seriously going to have a talk with BF. My situation may be a bit different from anyone else's as we are planning on getting married in October. THIS OCTOBER!! AS IN TWO MONTHS!!! Yes, you heard right. It's a good thing it's going to be a small destination wedding and I've already started planning. But I feel ridiculous that my wedding is in two months and I'm not yet engaged!! Is that crazy or what??

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's guaranteed to be next month for me.
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2007 7:37:28 PM
Why do men do this to us? sigh.. I hate these ups and downs. I''ve been hoping and thinking ''maybe this will be it!'' for five months now. And so far ''it'' has yet to happen.

Sassee, let us know how Wednesday goes. Maybe he''ll surprise you yet!

If nothing happens for me by next weekend I am seriously going to have a talk with BF. My situation may be a bit different from anyone else''s as we are planning on getting married in October. THIS OCTOBER!! AS IN TWO MONTHS!!! Yes, you heard right. It''s a good thing it''s going to be a small destination wedding and I''ve already started planning. But I feel ridiculous that my wedding is in two months and I''m not yet engaged!! Is that crazy or what??
WHAT?!! I *hate* boy-time. Give that dude a swift kick in the patoot!!!

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/19/2007 7:37:28 PM
Why do men do this to us? sigh.. I hate these ups and downs. I''ve been hoping and thinking ''maybe this will be it!'' for five months now. And so far ''it'' has yet to happen.

Sassee, let us know how Wednesday goes. Maybe he''ll surprise you yet!

If nothing happens for me by next weekend I am seriously going to have a talk with BF. My situation may be a bit different from anyone else''s as we are planning on getting married in October. THIS OCTOBER!! AS IN TWO MONTHS!!! Yes, you heard right. It''s a good thing it''s going to be a small destination wedding and I''ve already started planning. But I feel ridiculous that my wedding is in two months and I''m not yet engaged!! Is that crazy or what??
OMG! I thought June 2008 (our wedding date) was pushing it. Um, yeah. You need to say something NOW! Aside from the logistics of planning, the other issue is that I am guessing you would love to actually celebrate/enjoy being engaged with the ring, for a little more than a week or so!!

In respect of your planning, does anyone know of your intentions? Are your friends and family on alert? If not, then I''d be telling him he needs to get his "patoot" into gear (thanks to Gwen for the wonderfully colloquial expression!) and hurry up with the engagement so that you can let everyone know that you are having a wedding in October.

Men are just so IMPOSSIBLE. But also so loveable. RAGE!!
29.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow Sha, that would be driving me absolutely up the wall! You''re a lot more patient than I am... in my book you''re a saint to have waited this long... i''d have started nagging in may. lol but that could just be me. But good luck, you know it has to be soon!

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Yay, he did it, he asked me!! *jumps up and down* i''m so excited. I put the details in this thread

I''ll have hand pics soon, only got really crappy ones last night.

Sha, I can''t believe you''re getting married in two months!! But I know how you feel - my wedding is less than 4 months away and I JUST got my proposal. It HAS to be coming soon for you! Fingers crossed!!

Geez, the LIW really needs to ad some sort of luck icon, like fingers crossed or fairy dust or something!!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah! We''ve got some movement! Let''s hope that this starts the ball rolling, since there seems to be a lot riding on the end of this month.... this is so exciting!
9.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I''M ENGAGED TOO!! SINCE LAST NIGHT!! This is crazy!! Just a few hours after I wrote that post!! I went by his apartment last night to pick him up to come by my place. I wasn''t planning to go inside but he asked me to come in. Had this serious look on his face like something bad had happened, so I got really scared. I was like, "honey, what''s wrong?" He had this drawn look and said, "I have something to tell you...(big sigh!) I''ll tell you in a while. Get yourself relaxed first." Then he said, "Oh, I bought chocolates for you earlier. You can take them of the fridge. When you come back I''ll tell you what happened." All this while he had this awful look on his face like something terrible had happened, so I started to worry even as I walked to the fridge. When I opened the fridge there were two chocolate-looking boxes inside, but one didn''t look quite like a chocolate box. So I brought them and asked, "are these both chocolates?" Then he started to smile and said, "Open it and you''ll see". Then I opened the non-chocolate looking box and saw the ring!!
36.gif
30.gif
Simple and unique and delicate! Then he took it from me and proposed!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I can''t believe I''m engaged! I wanted to post this since this morning but had a workshop to go to this morning. No pics yet but maybe soon!!

So I WAS right about this weekend!!

And happillyeverafter, SO WERE YOU!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
That is so cute- mmmm chocolate! Congratulations!!
35.gif

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Sha! You and i have the same proposal anniversary haha. And we joined the same month too! That is so exciting, and such a cute proposal. Make sure to be added to the BIW list!

ETA: ps I took some crappy pics of my ering with my QuickCam at work if anyones interested. I buried them in my old thread so people might not see them. It's such a shame that I can't get good ones, but i'll try again at home. In the meantime, here's some rose gold goodness! I can't wait to see your pics Sha!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-finally-here.67454/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results