shape
carat
color
clarity

Sooo...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2007 6:55:52 PM
Author: Sassee

Date: 8/17/2007 2:57:03 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
Mine should be in the next couple of weeks...I am hoping for tomorrow though! hehe
11.gif

Any news??!!
26.gif
Nope
7.gif

"Boy soon" I guess hahah

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations happilyeverafter and Sha! Hopefully it won''t be a long boy soon for you iwanna!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
YAY, SHA!!!!!!!! That''s so sweet (although I hope you smacked him on the arm for making you worry like that)! CONGRATS!!
9.gif
36.gif

iwannaprettyone, don''t worry! Your boy is going to do it soon, I think, and in the meanwhile, you''re having all these wonderful times together and will eventually look back on this and laugh. It''ll happen soon, babe. I have psychic powers; I know these things.
2.gif

jennypoo

Rough_Rock
Pfft. I''ve definitely been thinking about it! Whether or not my BF has is another story!
7.gif

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Wowsers! I go to sleep,
24.gif
wake up the next morning and the landscape has completely changed!!!
1.gif

CONGRATULATIONS to Happilyeverafter and Sha!! See - your instincts proved you right!! YAY!!!
36.gif

As for me, I am just turning into a complete lunatic. I had a nightmare last night - I had my ring (finally). It was completely different to real life. It was huge but it had the most terrible dark spots - inclusions - and I was embarrased to show anyone the diamond... geez, I''ve got to get a grip!!
26.gif

As for Iwanna... well, after all of the effort your boy has been undertaking in the last few weeks with the special dates and what not, its bound to be a beautiful proposal and he obviously has something very special tucked up his sleeve. Hang in there - I know exactly how you feel!!
35.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Thanks very much for the good wishes. I'm very excited! Now I can officially start planning - yayyy! We're going to do up the guest list and everything this weekend. Only two months to go!!

Gwendolyn, yes, I DID smack him for tricking me like that!
1.gif

OK.. so who's next? Sassee? Do you still think your proposal will happen tomorrow? I had some strange dreams leading up to my engagement too, so I know how you feel. It's hard not to dream about it when you're thinking about it so much.

Looks like Sassee, iwannaprettyone, ladyciel, and Hudson Hawk are next on the line-up!! Good luck!! You never know what will happen. Boys can be very tricky when they want to be.

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, Sha!!
36.gif

(You kept your announcement well-hidden in this topic!)

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations happilyeverafter and sha! How did I miss this?!? Yippee!!!
36.gif

I had a meltdown over the weekend and spent a lot of Saturday very upset. Cutting a long story short, moving back in with my folks, miles away from my wonderful BF, after eight years of living away from home - well it''s not easy! So in the midst of all the wailing, in the car, in a car park, outside an ice-rink and an Argos, BF informed me that he is going to propose while I am 28. I turn 28 next month. Woooohoooooo!!!!
9.gif
I knew it was coming in the next 12-18 months anyway but this is still super exciting!

Oh and two good friends of ours (BF''s housemate and his girlfriend, who at 26 are now together ten years!) got engaged last week. Yay!
1.gif

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the congrats ladies! It is a very exciting time with so many getting engaged, and so many more soon to happen. I can't wait to hear more proposal stories!!!

ETA: and Sha, WHERE are those ring pics?!?! (taps foot impatiently)

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Ha! Yes, I should do that. Just to let you guys know that my ring is nothing like the beautiful honkers I've seen on PS, though, but I absolutely love it. I guess I'm not a pricescoper in the sense of caring much about diamonds, the 4 c's, grade, colour etc. (Actually I learnt most of that stuff since coming onto this site). So my ring is not custom made or anything like that. And I have no idea what the specs are. It's just a beautiful, simple, gold, preset solitaire ring that my boyfriend picked out. And because of that I love it even more.

OK..will post the pic when I get home!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
OK, here we go...

pic786.jpg

Sha

Ideal_Rock
OK.. I''m not sure why the pic is so small. I tried to resize it but then it was too big. Ah well... this is my ring!

pic87689.jpg

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
How pretty sha!!!!

And congratulations to you and happilyeverafter!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful ring Sha!! Congratulations again!!

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 9:52:59 AM
Author: Sha
Thanks very much for the good wishes. I''m very excited! Now I can officially start planning - yayyy! We''re going to do up the guest list and everything this weekend. Only two months to go!!

Gwendolyn, yes, I DID smack him for tricking me like that!
1.gif

OK.. so who''s next? Sassee? Do you still think your proposal will happen tomorrow? I had some strange dreams leading up to my engagement too, so I know how you feel. It''s hard not to dream about it when you''re thinking about it so much.

Looks like Sassee, iwannaprettyone, ladyciel, and Hudson Hawk are next on the line-up!! Good luck!! You never know what will happen. Boys can be very tricky when they want to be.

Its a lovely ring Sha - very pretty and delicate. You must be so happy to finally be able to wear it!

Mmm... I don''t know. I don''t want to get my hopes up about tonight. That way I won''t be (as) disappointed. He is a funny one. He is stirring me up because he knows that I know that it must be happening soon. I think he is enjoying being in the seat of power... !!

I''ll let you know tomorrow (my time - so you''ll all be asleep) how I went - good or bad.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well my bf was down at my house last night and when I go back to college in September, Im still working some weekends. He wanted me to write down every weekend that Im working up until the end of October.......so maybe sometime before then Im hoping!! A huge group of us are going to Kerry at the end of October for the bank holiday weekend so maybe he might do it down there or before then so we can celebrate with everyone.....mmmmm now Im so curious!

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Sha - I love your ring design! Where did you get it from?
It reminds me of a ring shown in a SuperbCert ad I saw here a loooong time ago.
I couldn''t tell if it was just a concept design, or if it could actually be made!
If only I could persuade the bf to let me have multiple erings....

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Thanks very much for the compliments. lsyama, I have no idea where he bought it... he refuses to tell me. For somebody who didn't even know what an engagement ring was for before I told him, I think he did a pretty good job. It's just what I wanted - a simple and delicate soiltaire. And I'm glad it's gold too, because gold looks better with my complexion than white gold or platinum.

Bee, it looks like a proposal may be in the wings! There must be reason that he asked you to write down your weekends, right?

Sassee, how did your date go yesterday?

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Oh what a beautiful ring, Sha! It''s so delicate and elegant-looking. Congrats!

Well, my boy has the ring now. I inherited my grandmother''s engagement ring and I just recently got it sized to fit my ring finger. But as for when...who knows? He jokes about doing it while we''re scuba diving...

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Thank you.
1.gif
I saw your grandmother''s ring too and it''s beautiful. At least the ''finding a ring'' part of it is out of the way. Now all you wait for is the proposal! Let''s hope your boy doesn''t take too long...

cherry_vanilla

Rough_Rock
Aha, this seems to be the mini-update thread! We went setting browsing in the NYC Diamond District a few weekends back, and he leaked he is going diamond stat shopping with a buddy tomorrow(I''m guessing to determine how low color wise to go) and if he doesn''t buy the diamond he''s definitely buying the setting
23.gif

While it''s not a terrible surprise as in we''re basically engaged for all intents and purposes except for going public, I didn''t think he''d move THIS fast! I told him he didn''t have to rush or anything, that I wasn''t really figuring it''d happen for another year or so but he was all "why wait?"

I''m still hoping my two cousins propose to their girlfriends first, as both are older (one is just a year older and the other is about ten) and have both been dating their respective ladies for NINE YEARS, and I''d hate to be making it worse since I know at least one of the girlfriends is really really REALLY hoping to get married ASAP
7.gif

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Sha your ring is BEAUTIFUL! So graceful - i LOVE how it swoops on your hand and is so dainty! It really looks perfect
3.gif

Thanks for the pics, but two just won''t satisfy me!!
2.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Shay!

Just like the rest of you, I so wish my honey will soooooon! But knowing him, it prob won''t be too soon.......

Why isn''t love alone enough???

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great news Cherry_Vanilla!! It''s so exciting when they talk about ring shopping
36.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Sha that ring is beautiful! Your guy did great!
1.gif

And cherry_vanilla that''s really exciting!
36.gif

sleeping beauty

Shiny_Rock
i cant believe i almost missed the news sha. Congrats!!!!! your FF did a great job lovely ring!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Sha! First of all, congratulations!!! But...WHERE is the thread full of pictures of that lovely ring of yours?! Come on, let''s hop to it, babe! We want to see close-ups! It''s absolutley lovely, and unlike other rings I''ve seen!! Beautiful! More, please.
9.gif

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Hi all... sorry I wasn''t in my office yesterday, so didn''t have a chance to post anything!

Well, we had the date on Wednesday night and.... nothing
8.gif

We had lovely french champagne and he had written me a very sweet card, but no proposal and no ring
7.gif

I am trying not to be disappointed (even though my instinct told me he wouldn''t do it on that night).

He kept mentioning again, these other "milestones" that will be occuring in the next couple of weeks and to hold on until then. I think he felt my palpable disappointment, but I tried not to be a spoilsport and ruin the night!!

Oh well, I will go back to singing Annie show tunes "tomorrow, tomorrow... I love ya, tomorrow... you''re always a day away"!!

Ha ha!!
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2007 7:13:31 PM
Author: Sassee
Hi all... sorry I wasn''t in my office yesterday, so didn''t have a chance to post anything!

Well, we had the date on Wednesday night and.... nothing
8.gif

We had lovely french champagne and he had written me a very sweet card, but no proposal and no ring
7.gif

I am trying not to be disappointed (even though my instinct told me he wouldn''t do it on that night).

He kept mentioning again, these other ''milestones'' that will be occuring in the next couple of weeks and to hold on until then. I think he felt my palpable disappointment, but I tried not to be a spoilsport and ruin the night!!

Oh well, I will go back to singing Annie show tunes ''tomorrow, tomorrow... I love ya, tomorrow... you''re always a day away''!!

Ha ha!!
36.gif
You are adorable!!!! It''s coming, babe. Try and sit back and relax in knowing the boy is waiting to try and make it as perfect as he can. Easier said than done, I know, but try!!
41.gif
9.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Aww, Sassee, you poor girl! I think most of us would give our eye-teeth for romantic dates with sweet handwritten notes, and if he's doing all this WITHOUT proposing, I can't imagine how wonderful it will be when it actually DOES happen. Hang in there, my friend, your time is soon coming, I think!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results