shape
carat
color
clarity

Sooo...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Gwen and Harleigh! I truly appreciate the support of "forum" friends... especially seeing as I can''t tell anybody in my "real life" about how I am feeling!!

Just taking each day as it comes and trying not to get caught up in it all. Its not even about the ring. Its the "official proposal" that I am hanging out for, so that I can finally share our wonderful news with the world.

Despite the fact that he is causing me untold stress, he is still the cutest, sweetest man.

We were discussing *our wedding* (he he) on our date, and I was saying how nervous I''d be about the exchanging of vows - mainly because I am a very private person so the idea of saying some very emotional stuff in front of our friends and family would be really stressful for me...

He said "oh no - I am the opposite." He told me that he reckons it will be the best part of the day for him and he is so excited about being able to get up and tell all the people that matter most to him in the world (especially me) how much he loves me and how he wants to commit to me for the rest of his life.

How are you meant to stay annoyed with someone when they say something like THAT to you??!!!
9.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Egads! I would kill for that!

I can see my guy getting up there and telling jokes, so I have no idea how the actual "vows" will go!

Even though I am up in front of kids all day long, I get stage fright in front of my peers, so I am already worrying about how to handle all of that.

I just had Back to School Night tonight and I of course got all tongue-tied during the two sessions...would it kill these parents to smile occasionally or what???
9.gif
Phew! Just glad it''s over!
14.gif

Now I can get back to my PS addiction...it''s had to take a back seat the past two weeks!
35.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Cherryvanilla, it''s nice to hear your boy is making progress. Exciting isn''t it? A proposal may come sooner than you think!

Thanks again for the ring compliments! Gwendolyn, I may try to post some macro pics and post them on SMTR. If it works... But I''m getting my ring resized today as it''s slightly big. I love it! Can''t stop watching it! And it''s great when I notice people admiring it too...
2.gif

Sassee, I know how disappointed you must feel. That happened to me many many times, thinking, "maybe it''ll be tonight? and then it doesn''t happen. The letdown can really be hard. But it sounds like your BF is a wonderfully sweet man, and that you''re so happy to have found him. So that''s great... and at least you know the ring is coming for sure!! It''s hard... but just try to ''enjoy'' this pre-proposal time (easy for me to say now!) and revel in the wonderful man that you have. And spend a lot of time on PS too. It definitely helps.

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/24/2007 1:13:29 PM
Author: Sha
Cherryvanilla, it''s nice to hear your boy is making progress. Exciting isn''t it? A proposal may come sooner than you think!

Thanks again for the ring compliments! Gwendolyn, I may try to post some macro pics and post them on SMTR. If it works... But I''m getting my ring resized today as it''s slightly big. I love it! Can''t stop watching it! And it''s great when I notice people admiring it too...
2.gif

Sassee, I know how disappointed you must feel. That happened to me many many times, thinking, ''maybe it''ll be tonight? and then it doesn''t happen. The letdown can really be hard. But it sounds like your BF is a wonderfully sweet man, and that you''re so happy to have found him. So that''s great... and at least you know the ring is coming for sure!! It''s hard... but just try to ''enjoy'' this pre-proposal time (easy for me to say now!) and revel in the wonderful man that you have. And spend a lot of time on PS too. It definitely helps.

Aw, thanks! Yes, I am having to hide out here at PS to feed off everyone else''s good news... I am just such an organised, tick the box kind of person that I have had a very hard time of "letting go" (i.e. I haven''t been able to - so I''ve failed that test really!!) and letting him steer this thing for once. Not to suggest that I am some sort of ogre in the relationship and he never gets his say. Its just that I am very much the person who DRIVES things and so to have to take the back seat and wait (and wait and wait and wait) for him to do something (and something which is really important to me, no less!) is driving me up the wall!!!

I am actually doubting it will even happen in August now (he''s got til Friday). I am thinking my time frame has been pushed out to September. Oh well!

All I can say is that I am so glad to have found all of you guys out there! Its not exactly PC in the wider world to go around telling everyone how desperate you are to get engaged. LOL !!

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll be kickin around for at least another year!
38.gif

I''ll try to keep it interesting
28.gif

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
It could be soon. We''re using my grandmother''s engagement ring, it''s sized, and it''s in his hands. He talks a lot about "our" wedding and jokes about how/when he''s going to propose to me.

But...

I''m having the opposite problem of a lot of the LIWs here. Instead of him hiding the ring...it''s out in plain view, on HIS DESK. It''s been sitting there for at least a week. I told him "hey, shouldn''t you put that away somewhere?", and he takes it and puts it in the circle of his monitor stand. And he says "This is a good place."

?!???!??

leoslove730

Rough_Rock
No proposal here yet. But I know that there is life out there because it seems like everyone else we know is getting engaged!

I''m thinking maybe this time next year. FF is a major procrastinator.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
What? He should plan something quickly then... if it''s on his desk. What''s he waiting for? Do you get the sense that he''s planning anything?

Must be frustrating to know that the only thing standing between you and ''the ring'' is your boyfriend actually proposing!
8.gif

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Well, he said he doesn''t know yet, but he''ll be sure to make it special.

I''m never sure with him. He likes to be sneaky when it comes to gift-giving and surprises, and I love being surprised, so it works out well
9.gif
. I really want him to put it away, and yet...I sort of don''t sometimes. I like to try it on when he''s in the bathroom or when he''s not here.

I think he might have caught me at it once or twice.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Cool. I guess he''s cooking up something special in the meantime! That would definitely make it worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results