shape
carat
color
clarity

Sooo...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
...anbody thinking of getting engaged soon? The Board''s been kind of slow lately...

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish! It will be another while for me as bf wants to do it as a suprise!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Yes it has been slow.

I'd say yes, but at this point who knows. Anyone want to start placing bets, lol j/k

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
I am hoping "by the end of August".

I guess now that I''ve put it in quotation marks, you can quote me on that (and see it come back to haunt me!!)

The ring is finally ready (we ordered it on the 21 May and only last week did my boy get the call).

Our jeweller is in the city and although I work there, he does not, so it might take awhile for him to co-ordinate things to go and pick it up.

I have been told that it will happen "sooner than I think" and that he has a "particular date in mind" but of course that is all he is giving away.

Our 5 year anniversary is in late-ish August (but I can never remember the exact date - how embarrassing!!) so maybe it will revolve around that?!!

That might make sense as my parents are going away to Queensland (northern Australia) for 2 weeks, leaving Monday, and I''d be suprised if he did it while they were away... but, stranger things have happened...?!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m hoping by the end of this month or the middle of next. We''re almost there!!

Hoping&Waiting

Rough_Rock
No time soon for me
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

But I would thoroughly enjoy reading about on of yours!!!

Good luck to all!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Keeping fingers, toes, legs & arms crossed that it will be MEEEEEEEEE!
33.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
It definitely won''t be me, but it''s ok. I''m ready to bake cookies or something for those of us who will be sticking around for a while. Someone needs to cheer up you sad bunnies who don''t want to wait any longer!

bagcookies.jpg

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Hmm..so it looks like a few of us are hoping for an end-of-August proposal! I think mine will be the end of August too (but then I thought that for end of May, end of June, end of July - payday) BUT! inside information makes me think it''s going to be this month!

So Sassee, HudsonHawk, Dmbsgirl, and anybody else, should we start placing bets on who will be next?

I think mine will be August 18th, for some reason. Anybody think theirs will be sooner?

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately not til next Christmas, cause the boyfriend doesn''t think that he''ll be able to get the money for the dream ring by this Christmas (we''re both students so money''s tight)
7.gif
and he really wants to do it at Christmas. Here''s hoping that he''s leading me on and won''t wait that long!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I was thinking that it would happen on our beach trip - we leave tomorrow and will be gone for close to two weeks. But I think that''s just not going to happen - unless he has really pulled one over on me, which I wouldn''t think he would do (He would have had to pick out a stone alone and I just don''t know about all that...) Also, I brought it up at dinner the other night. I mentioned that I thought that it would happen at the beach and he said no, since I was expecting it. We go on another holiday around his birthday in September, maybe there? I graduate in December, maybe then?

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 11:39:28 PM
Author: gwendolyn
It definitely won''t be me, but it''s ok. I''m ready to bake cookies or something for those of us who will be sticking around for a while. Someone needs to cheer up you sad bunnies who don''t want to wait any longer!
Well I''m going to go right on ahead and help myself to one of these gorgeous looking cookies - yum! I am so sure I''m not getting engaged any time soon that I''ve purposely not put myself on the LIW List...
1.gif

urban venus

Rough_Rock
I am thinking in the fall sometime (but I really have no idea). It is killer waiting and not really knowing! I find great comfort in this forum though- it always makes me smile to read the posts and hear about how everyone is doing.

red

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
I really hope so! BF says we''ll be engaged by the end of the year but our 7 yr anniversary is Monday! We have ring shopped together so he knows what I like/want but wants to do the actual ordering and purchasing on his own so I am totally left in the dark. Although Monday would be a perfect opportunity, I do not believe he has gotten a ring yet...
8.gif
But maybe I''ll be surprised...we''ll see

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 9:54:48 AM
Author: Delster
Well I''m going to go right on ahead and help myself to one of these gorgeous looking cookies - yum! I am so sure I''m not getting engaged any time soon that I''ve purposely not put myself on the LIW List...
1.gif
Awesome! I''m on there but probably shouldn''t be yet. We can do our waiting-but-not-waiting together! *munches on an adorable cookie*
9.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
(*can''t speak, mouth full of pink purse cookie*)

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Yum I will take the bottom right one!!!

And it won''t be me livening up the board anytime soon

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
At least SOMEONE got engaged, now--Hazel Eyes. I was thinking the same thing, too, Sha. This board was going crazy with engagements just last month and now NOTHING!

I know for a FACT that BF purchased the stone and the ring on Friday, and our jeweler said it will take SIX WEEKS to have it ready. UGH! That brings us all the way to the middle of September, and then I'm sure he'll wait a while because I'll be expecting it then. (I'm so excited, by the way!)

This wait is brutal, though. Absolutely brutal.

ETA: Gwendolyn--those cookies look scrumptious! I'll take two!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
In reality, who knows if it''ll be by the end of the month. I do know that the bf is coming into a bit of moolah soon that will finish off what he needs for the ring we like. We''ve got the ring picked out but we need to talk to the jeweler about the stone a little more. I''m not sure if it''s a good buy or not. Of course the jeweler is on vacation this week. The bf and I stopped by yesterday to ask him a few questions and learned he was out of town until next week. So it won''t be anytime in the next 2 weeks at least. I''m trying to not get my hopes up too much. I hate being diappointed -bites down on a cookie.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Munchin'' cookie...

PS fairy dust for the weekend...

off to Dallas Cowboys v. Colts game with my honey and dinner at the tower tomorrow!!!
36.gif
Wish me luck!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Stephanie, I know the anxiety of thinking "ok maybe it''ll be this date" or "maybe this date". Seems like the boys like to keep us on our toes and propose when we least expect it. At this point I don''t care if I know it''s coming or not! Just hand over the ring already!
14.gif
nessvan, do you think your boy will be do it on such an ''obvious'' date? It would be nice, though, huh? Instead of having to wait a couple more months...

Now that I know it''s coming, I find myself being suspicious of everything. Boyfriend wants to go for a drive, "could this be it?" Boyfriend wants to go out, "is he going to do it now?" etc. etc. But it usually ends up being nothing.
7.gif

I''ll think I''ll just munch on some cookies in the meantime and try to be patient
18.gif
... are there any left?

gigglebuns1186

Rough_Rock
I''m hoping 2008 the latest. We''ll see
1.gif

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 12:14:03 AM
Author: Sha
Hmm..so it looks like a few of us are hoping for an end-of-August proposal! I think mine will be the end of August too (but then I thought that for end of May, end of June, end of July - payday) BUT! inside information makes me think it''s going to be this month!

So Sassee, HudsonHawk, Dmbsgirl, and anybody else, should we start placing bets on who will be next?

I think mine will be August 18th, for some reason. Anybody think theirs will be sooner?

He he - I think you might be out in front Sha! I don''t think mine will be until the last week of August... my parents will be back from their holidays then and its *around* the time we had our first date 5 years ago!! Good luck! I hope it does happen on the 18th
1.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 6:45:58 PM
Author: Sassee
Date: 8/9/2007 12:14:03 AM

Author: Sha

He he - I think you might be out in front Sha! I don''t think mine will be until the last week of August... my parents will be back from their holidays then and its *around* the time we had our first date 5 years ago!! Good luck! I hope it does happen on the 18th
1.gif

Thanks! I hope so too!
Looks like you don''t have long to wait either..
1.gif

Fairy dust to all!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Glad everyone likes the cookies. *wishes I actually knew how to make some that cute!*
9.gif

Ok, so Sha and Sassee, you guys are probably next, so that''s fab for you. But after you guys, I think bee* needs to get engaged because I NEEEEED to see pics of her ring!!! I *love* the Lucida! MUST SEE HAND SHOTS!
30.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 3:55:42 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
Munchin'' cookie...

PS fairy dust for the weekend...

off to Dallas Cowboys v. Colts game with my honey and dinner at the tower tomorrow!!!
36.gif
Wish me luck!
I had to laugh at this - he''s still torturing you with amazing dates then?!?
2.gif

C''mon iwannaprettyone''s BF, don''t you know there''s a whole world of LIWs longing to see handshots???????????? And the same message goes out to bee*''s BF!!!!
27.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
I was was hoping for an ''end of august'' proposal as well....but that is looking less and less likely. I thought maybe on our camping trip next weekend but in a talk last nite with the BF he made it clear that my timeline shouldn''t be any smaller than 8 months (8 months?! are you kidding??? you already have the ring!). I wish i could say i think he is doing it to throw me off, but that isn''t really his style. *megasigh*.

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/10/2007 10:00:58 AM
Author: mimzy
I was was hoping for an ''end of august'' proposal as well....but that is looking less and less likely. I thought maybe on our camping trip next weekend but in a talk last nite with the BF he made it clear that my timeline shouldn''t be any smaller than 8 months (8 months?! are you kidding??? you already have the ring!). I wish i could say i think he is doing it to throw me off, but that isn''t really his style. *megasigh*.

8 months!!! And he has the ring? Geez, that would be hard work!! Lets hope he is just pulling your leg !!

And Gwendolyn - thanks for the encouragement!! Ha ha. There seems to be light at the end of the tunnel, and hopefully the light is being generated by a twinkling diamond... Def agree that we need lots of shots of the Lucida
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
And luckystar112, the dark horse contender, leaps out into the lead with her engagement! Hop to it, Sha''s and Sassee''s boyfriends!! Chop chop! We have a schedule to keep here!
37.gif

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/12/2007 11:48:37 PM
Author: gwendolyn
And luckystar112, the dark horse contender, leaps out into the lead with her engagement! Hop to it, Sha''s and Sassee''s boyfriends!! Chop chop! We have a schedule to keep here!
37.gif

Ha ha. I can safely say that Mr Sassee doesn''t hurry his pace for anyone or anything!! (Unless there is a good glass of wine and roast duck on offer - then he might quicken his stride).
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results