shape
carat
color
clarity

Someone Should scoop these Costco $629 1CTW I VS2

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My order also flipped to 0.5ctw when I clicked on the link to check status.

I then called Costco and got a similar message as @bling_dream19

The rep said it was a tech support error and also said that 150 people had the same order issue and would be getting emails. I asked her to cancel my order.

jkonst

Rough_Rock
I had to ask twice on the Costco chat support, but this is what they told me (originally they said yes, the original listing was correct at .5ct x 2). I asked what the "correction" referenced below is, and it sounds like it's just getting an item you didn't order, for the original price.

For what it's worth, I'm having them intercept the delivery and issue a refund. Seems easier than dealing with a return/shipping headache. If anyone manages to get a set of 1 ctw earrings out of this, count me jealous!

Oh Gosh!! Yes, we had an error!
A typo for the Princess Cut .50 ctw VS2 Clarity, I Color Diamond 14kt White Gold Push Lock Stud Earrings (item #1342771) erroneously stated that they were 1.00 ctw
The error has been corrected and you will be notified.
We can request this to be intercepted and start the refund if you would like.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Again, since the beginning, most of us knew it was a listing error. On the first page we talked about it being a 0.5 cttw set of earrings and someone even showed the same on in store with the same model number. I understand everyone is upset and I hope costco gives us some sort of compensation but it was highly likely that it was 0.5 cttw from the start.
I agree...I’m sure the person packaging it just went by the item number which would be the .5ctw... and that’s what we’re going to get tomorrow...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So no earrings for our granddaughters...;(
They’re so little..Buy them the .5 ctw ones and when they get older they can get an upgrade from you...:love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
BC1E4B0B-DDC3-47D4-A7A8-A86C639A22B2.png
Okay...I did an online chat. We are getting .50 each stud for a total of 1 ctw! Don’t cancel yet!

@Mamabean .... given that you have this chat, I would think they will have to honour the 1 ctw for you. I’m not sure about the others ... but you have this. I would dispute it if I were you, if they send you the .5 ctw. Good luck!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@kmoro Thanks but I will just let it go...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got a call from a rep from Costco. She said it was a mistake and that they were definitely .50 ctw. I told her that this was handled poorly..that if I got a call as soon as they knew...before shipping the item that they knew was wrong...I wouldn’t be as upset. I told her that because they were shipped...I would have to be home to sign for it and then have to then return it. This could of all be avoided if they contacted me before shipping. She offered to try to intercept the package and refund my money. I agreed. She said that there’s always a possibility that it could come here but it shouldn’t. I’ll keep tracking it...My refund will be processed in three to five days...
I think the stress of this whole thing entitles me to new bling...It’s medicinal...:twisted2:

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Again, since the beginning, most of us knew it was a listing error. On the first page we talked about it being a 0.5 cttw set of earrings and someone even showed the same on in store with the same model number. I understand everyone is upset and I hope costco gives us some sort of compensation but it was highly likely that it was 0.5 cttw from the start.

I disagree. Costco repeatedly confirmed that these were 1ctw earrings, not just through the website but also through their representatives in chat.

So far I have not received an email from Costco stating that these are not 1ctw.

Forgiven888

Rough_Rock
I disagree. Costco repeatedly confirmed that these were 1ctw earrings, not just through the website but also through their representatives in chat.

So far I have not received an email from Costco stating that these are not 1ctw.

The reps were just going by the listing they saw and that's why they confirmed it was a 1.0 cttw, but if you looked closely like we did on the forum from the picture, to the price, to the model number, everything in the listing pointed it being a mislabeled 0.5 cttw earring. Even the model number someone found in store. I'm just pointing out that from the beginning your expectations should have been for a 0.5 cttw misprint. We all had our fingers crossed that Costco would stand by the advertisement but knew it was a long shot.

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
The reps were just going by the listing they saw and that's why they confirmed it was a 1.0 cttw, but if you looked closely like we did on the forum from the picture, to the price, to the model number, everything in the listing pointed it being a mislabeled 0.5 cttw earring. Even the model number someone found in store. I'm just pointing out that from the beginning your expectations should have been for a 0.5 cttw misprint. We all had our fingers crossed that Costco would stand by the advertisement but knew it was a long shot.

I agree with this. Once I saw the model number in store for the .5ctw matched the model number of my order it was pretty much done for me lol. But my Costco rep didn’t say she looked at the listing she was looking at the product contract she said. Who knows. Slight annoyance but nothing lost since we can return!

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If someone has a copy of the original site, please post it. When I read it there was nothing indicating that these were 0.50ctw. In fact, in several places it said 1.0ctw. The only speculation that it might be a 0.5ctw item was the fact that the part number had a 50 in it I think.

Also, this chat says "part of the contract" which indicates the rep wasn't just looking at the website but at some internal system.

chat from costco:
chatAgent.png
Denise C.: Thank you. Occasionally, the warehouse will use the same item number we use but on a different product. I actually see part of the contract for what we're selling and it does specify each earring is 1/2 a carat for a total 1ctw.
chatEndUserMessage.png
erica: okay thank you!

Shinybaubles

Rough_Rock
559A64DE-D48A-4B5C-BC4E-EDCB3B66219B.png
If someone has a copy of the original site, please post it. When I read it there was nothing indicating that these were 0.50ctw. In fact, in several places it said 1.0ctw. The only speculation that it might be a 0.5ctw item was the fact that the part number had a 50 in it I think.

Also, this chat says "part of the contract" which indicates the rep wasn't just looking at the website but at some internal system.

Here is a screen shot I took of the listing as it appeared yesterday.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Yes it's all very upsetting. I really think they should honor what we bought at the price. Praying for 1 ctw!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

The rep I spoke to said it was an error..They were aware of it but it was just a mistake..that a one carat wouldn’t cost in the $600’s. It was always .50ctw and that’s what has been shipped. She said there were other people calling or chatting and they are telling them the same thing. She was aware that I had a chat earlier but she was incorrect.

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
The rep I spoke to said it was an error..They were aware of it but it was just a mistake..that a one carat wouldn’t cost in the $600’s. It was always .50ctw and that’s what has been shipped. She said there were other people calling or chatting and they are telling them the same thing. She was aware that I had a chat earlier but she was incorrect.

Yes, I just finished a conversation with the rep too. It's okay-I knew there was a large chance that this was a price mistake. :) I'll be returning the studs.

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you! That's a pretty clear screenshot.

I am not a lawyer, but if you buy 1ctw earrings from a retailer and they ship you 0.5ctw earrings that seems like a pretty clear breach of contract.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I am not a lawyer, but if you buy 1ctw earrings from a retailer and they ship you 0.5ctw earrings that seems like a pretty clear breach of contract.
If you go back a few pages someone posted some legal stuff from their website..It has some disclaimers about the price could be wrong or out of stock...They are pretty much covered..

Shinybaubles

Rough_Rock

You are welcome. I am not a lawyer either, but I know there are arguments to be made for sure (especially in California), however, I would not feel good about making them. We all know enough to realize this was most likely a mistake, and I am not personally inclined to try to hold the company to the agreement under the circumstances. That said, I also think Costco shipped these earrings after learning about the mistake, thereby putting everyone out. Perhaps the company hopes at least some people will keep them.

The right thing to do is offer us all some sort of apology discount, especially in states where the consumer law gives people a good shot at getting the benefit of their bargain.

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just got this email. The way I read it is we're going to get 1ctw earrings after all. Please see the place where it says "no additional cost to you." If so Woohoo!!!

Thank you for your recent order withCostco.com.

It has come to our attention that there was an error on our website at the time the above order was placed. The description that was posted at the time of your order was as follows- Princess Cut1.00 ctwVS2 Clarity, I Color Diamond 14kt White Gold Push Lock Stud Earrings.

The appropriate description which also accurately describes the item(s) you received is- Princess Cut.50 ctwVS2 Clarity, I Color Diamond 14kt White Gold Push Lock Stud Earrings.

What we are doing to remedy the error:

• We are sending you a pre-paid UPS return label via email to return the item you received.
  • Upon that item(s) being returned, we will transfer the funds used already to a new order for the following item(s), the Princess Cut1.00 ctwVS2 Clarity, I Color Diamond 14kt White Gold Push Lock Stud Earrings.
  • The price of the new order will mirror what you have placed already, there will be no additional cost to you.
Please note:This offer is contingent on the item you have received being returned, if you are satisfied with your order listed above and wish NOT to return your item and have a new order placed, simply take no further action.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We value you as a customer and appreciate your business. If you should have additional questions and/or concerns, please contactCustomer Service.

Sincerely,

Forgiven888

Rough_Rock
New update, seems like they are telling me to send it back and they will give me a 1.0 cttw at the same price. Don't cancel your orders.

It has come to our attention that there was an error on our website at the time the above order was placed. The description that was posted at the time of your order was as follows- Princess Cut 1.00 ctw VS2 Clarity, I Color Diamond 14kt White Gold Push Lock Stud Earrings.

The appropriate description which also accurately describes the item(s) you received is- Princess Cut .50 ctw VS2 Clarity, I Color Diamond 14kt White Gold Push Lock Stud Earrings.

What we are doing to remedy the error:

We are sending you a pre-paid UPS return label via email to return the item you received.

Upon that item(s) being returned, we will transfer the funds used already to a new order for the following item(s), the Princess Cut 1.00 ctw VS2 Clarity, I Color Diamond 14kt White Gold Push Lock Stud Earrings.

The price of the new order will mirror what you have placed already, there will be no additional cost to you.
Please note: This offer is contingent on the item you have received being returned, if you are satisfied with your order listed above and wish NOT to return your item and have a new order placed, simply take no further action.

Shinybaubles

Rough_Rock
Whoa . . . I received an email that, if I am reading it correctly, says that Costco will replace our .5 ct studs with full cttw studs at no additional cost.

If I read it right, this is beyond anything I ever anticipated.

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
I just got an email from costco! They are honoring the price once I send the .5 earrings back with a prepaid label, they will send the 1 carat!

I love the last line that says if you’re happy with your current order, don’t return LOL

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
I got the same email! Thank goodness they couldn't intercept the delivery!

Forgiven888

Rough_Rock
Whoa . . . I received an email that, if I am reading it correctly, says that Costco will replace our .5 ct studs with full cttw studs at no additional cost.

If I read it right, this is beyond anything I ever anticipated.

That's what I am reading also. This was exactly the best scenario I was hoping would happen since I know how awesome Costco is. I knew from the start it was most likely a 0.5 cttw earring set but was hoping for some type of gift card for the pricing error. Now I have an amazing birthday gift for my fiance. Post updates when you guys have them.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to all of you for sticking it out! May these studs meet your high PS standards! Can’t wait to see your pictures!

ponyrider

Rough_Rock
WOW!! If that is indeed the case, then they have earned my customer loyalty. I did not order but I am hoping you all actually are able to secure the 1 ctw for the original price :)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah! I thought it was too good to be true so I didn't pull the trigger. Good for you guys!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I got the email but they are intercepting the delivery! I’m going to chat now if they are open to chat!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results