shape
carat
color
clarity

Someone Should scoop these Costco $629 1CTW I VS2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I just checked my account. It still says order received. Cosco is sorting thru things. This is called a bit of luck if it goes through. I was excited about it, but if I don't get it, its OK. Mamabean, I hope yours goes through. I ordered mine after you. Its not cancelled yet, so keep hoping.

Annette
Thank you @smitcompton That’s so sweet of you to say..I’m hoping but if I don’t get it I won’t be too upset. I have my princess cut unmentionables that I wear when I’m not wearing my diamond studs...They actually sparkle more than most diamonds..:whistle:

Last edited:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Its seems to me that Costco intends to honor the price. It is quite clear the earrings are for 1 carat.
I do not think you will get a half carat. Its less than 24 hrs since we ordered, so lets be patient. I like that they are honoring the price.

Annette

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was at Costco yesterday and saw the half carat for 629 and one carat studs for 2k plus. I don’t know if that helps you guys but I thought I
Would share.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was at Costco yesterday and saw the half carat for 629 and one carat studs for 2k plus. I don’t know if that helps you guys but I thought I
Would share.
Yes @nala Thanks..I saw the 1ctw for $2k a month ago so if we get this..it’s a deal!

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
IMG_6744.jpg IMG_6747.jpg okay bit of an update I just went to costco because I was so curious I had to see the earrings (plus i needed other stuff)

They had the 1CTW earrings for 1999 however, they were set in platinum
They also had the .5CTW for $629.. here is the kicker- the item number is the SAME as the item number on my order. My thoughts are, a warehouse person didn't pay much attention, put the order together, and mine will indeed be the .5CTW earrings... bummer

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMG_6744.jpg IMG_6747.jpg okay bit of an update I just went to costco because I was so curious I had to see the earrings (plus i needed other stuff)

They had the 1CTW earrings for 1999 however, they were set in platinum
They also had the .5CTW for $629.. here is the kicker- the item number is the SAME as the item number on my order. My thoughts are, a warehouse person didn't pay much attention, put the order together, and mine will indeed be the .5CTW earrings... bummer
Good detective work....That stinks though...I think you should be able to argue you purchased a 1ctw pair.

madalin999

Rough_Rock
Are costco jewelery a good buy? I mean who checks them? Gia? Ags?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine just shipped! I think you’re right though. It’s probably the .5 :roll:

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
yay! I hope everyone gets the 1CTW but i'm not holding my breath :cry2: It just makes more sense that the worker grabs the correct item number and does not check thoroughly... however, it makes me wonder why some got cancelled? Maybe more astute worker?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are costco jewelery a good buy? I mean who checks them? Gia? Ags?
They don’t usually have a cert from one you want..but I’ve brought the earrings I bought for $6k to an appraiser and a jeweler before I kept them. They were appraised for double...and the jeweler was impressed. I kept them...;)2

jkonst

Rough_Rock
I ordered yesterday around 4pm ET and mine also just shipped (delivery ETA tomorrow). Not super optimistic these are truly 1ct, but we'll see...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine also shipped. I will be opening them at the store so I can return them right away if they are .5 total :lol:
I guess I’ll be doing the same!

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
They don’t usually have a cert from one you want..but I’ve brought the earrings I bought for $6k to an appraiser and a jeweler before I kept them. They were appraised for double...and the jeweler was impressed. I kept them...;)2

Normally their "one-of-a-kind" jewelry comes with a GIA cert, but not their fully stocked stuff.

Forgiven888

Rough_Rock
Mine was shipped, hope it's 1 carat, if not then I can just return it.

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
Mine was shipped, hope it's 1 carat, if not then I can just return it.

Just be sure to video tape as you unbox so there is no disputing that you didn't switch what they actually sent you.

madalin999

Rough_Rock
Wow...could you estimate this for me please, or atleast what you think of this gift for my gf?
https://www.costco.co.uk/Jewellery-...9ctw-Diamond-Pendant-18ct-Rose-Gold/p/1289975
Amethyst...hmm semi precious gem, but would it have a nice/decent sparkle?

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Got my order shipped notification.

Here's the relevant language from the Costco T&Cs:

https://www.costco.com/terms-and-conditions-of-use.html#Changes-Misprints-and-Error

Subject to applicable law, we: (a) reserve the right to change the goods and services advertised or offered for sale through the Site, the prices or specifications of such goods and services, and any promotional offers and any other Site Materials at any time and from time to time without any notice or liability to you or any other person; (b) cannot guarantee that goods or services advertised or offered for sale on the Site will be available when ordered or thereafter; (c) reserve the right to limit quantities sold or made available for sale; (d) do not warrant that the Site Materials (including without limitation product descriptions or photographs) are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free; and (e) reserve the right to cancel, to terminate or not to process orders (including accepted orders) where the price or other material information on the Site is inaccurate or when we recognize abuse of our policies. If we do not process an order for such reason, we will advise you that the order has been cancelled and will either not charge you or will apply credit to the payment type used in the order. Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusions and disclaimers of certain implied warranties, so some of the provisions of this section may not apply to you.

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
chat from costco:
chatAgent.png
Denise C.: Thank you. Occasionally, the warehouse will use the same item number we use but on a different product. I actually see part of the contract for what we're selling and it does specify each earring is 1/2 a carat for a total 1ctw.
chatEndUserMessage.png
erica: okay thank you!

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
chat from costco:
chatAgent.png
Denise C.: Thank you. Occasionally, the warehouse will use the same item number we use but on a different product. I actually see part of the contract for what we're selling and it does specify each earring is 1/2 a carat for a total 1ctw.
chatEndUserMessage.png
erica: okay thank you!

Awesome!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

In the shipping notice it says" In this package is: It gives the 1 carat description. We can see who the optimist is, me, and most others.

Costco has picked up on the error. This is a good company. It would have cancelled or offered the half carat to us all. Do you think it wants unhappy customers. I'm looking forward to my new 1 carat diamonds. Thanks Anon again.

Annette

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

madalin999

Rough_Rock
I don’t know anything about gems...and I’m
not an appraiser. I purchased diamond drop earrings...The pendant is very pretty but I have no idea how much it would be worth.
Oh...understand, I thought your knowledge stretches into gems aswell :D, my bad if I got it wrong.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

In the shipping notice it says" In this package is: It gives the 1 carat description. We can see who the optimist is, me, and most others.

Costco has picked up on the error. This is a good company. It would have cancelled or offered the half carat to us all. Do you think it wants unhappy customers. I'm looking forward to my new 1 carat diamonds. Thanks Anon again.

Annette
It doesn’t say that in my shipping notice. Can you copy it from yours so I can see it? Thanks!

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
It doesn’t say that in my shipping notice. Can you copy it from yours so I can see it? Thanks!

Look at the photo I posted.. that is the shipping notification that shows what is in the package.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flipping enablers!!!:x2 I just bought a RING I didn't need on Friday, and now THIS? I just ordered my pair :oops:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!! I hope so!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results