shape
carat
color
clarity

Someone Should scoop these Costco $629 1CTW I VS2

Forgiven888

Rough_Rock
I am literally already planning to buy things I don’t need from Costco just because this is the most amazing customer service I have ever received. :appl:

Yesterday I went to Costco and came home with $80 of stuff. Was proud of myself because it was under $100 and I can hardly ever go to Costco without spending at least $100.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg..What a nightmare for me though! I had it intercepted to go back this morning.....I spent a long time on the phone with a rep who tried to get it to go back to me and not to them because it would confuse everything. It was slated as a return and they could refund my money when it gets to them! She told me to call ups in the morning or them to try to get it delivered to me again so I could get the ups label to send it back. It shouldn’t be intercepted...I’m afraid I won’t get the earrings if they refund me if it goes back to them and I can’t catch it...I’m too old for this...:eek2:

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
Wooooowwwww!!! Same email :dance:. Yay for Costco pulling through!

Forgiven888

Rough_Rock
Omg..What a nightmare for me though! I had it intercepted to go back this morning.....I spent a long time on the phone with a rep who tried to get it to go back to me and not to them because it would confuse everything. It was slated as a return and they could refund my money when it gets to them! She told me to call ups in the morning or them to try to get it delivered to me again so I could get the ups label to send it back. It shouldn’t be intercepted...I’m afraid I won’t get the earrings if they refund me if it goes back to them and I can’t catch it...I’m too old for this...:eek2:

Yeah I should have written something to warn everyone not to do a return yet. I told my sister not to do anything and just wait for delivery since all you would have to do is return to Costco. Better to let things play out. Hope everything works out for you. I'm sure if you make a big enough stink they might honor the deal.

Shinybaubles

Rough_Rock
The interception should not be a problem. They are requiring us to return the .5s in order to get the full 1.0 cttw, so you basically saved them the step of sending you a return label.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Mamabean I just got the e-mail. I cancelled my order this morning and they intercepted the pkg, so it will be returned to the warehouse, and then I am still entitled to get the 1ctw diamonds. I do believe they will honor the 1 ctw even if you cancelled.

Pinto bean, I have a new question. Will they honor the second day they put the 1ctw up? I bought another set then. I did not get any e-mail for that one.

Happy Birthday to me. I have a FLY 52 pts cushion cut that I envisioned as a three stone or 5 stone ring. Maybe I'll get to do it.
I am sure this will require more time to straighten out, but it is worth it. Costco is a good company.
I am happy.

Annette

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The interception should not be a problem. They are requiring us to return the .5s in order to get the full 1.0 cttw, so you basically saved them the step of sending you a return label.
Please let me know when you receive your labels so I can request one should I get the package delivered. I may not get one since it was supposed to be intercepted. Thanks!

AntiqueSparkle

Shiny_Rock
@Mamabean it’s fine if they intercept it. That’s what they’re doing for me. We are still entitled to the 1ctw. It just saves everyone an extra step. The sales rep confirmed this earlier this afternoon before the email even went out. They intend on fixing their mistake. Don’t sweat it and enjoy our new bling!!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad I canceled my order. I feel bad trying to exploit somebody's type-o. I feel bad that I thought I was entitled to capitalize on someone's mistake, knowing it was one. :oops: I feel like I'm finally having some better days because I'm reaping what I've sown. I'd probably be the one who's earrings would disappear in transit to or from me and the new headache wouldn't be worth the $629 plus tax. Then I'd cry more than usual and would need that amount or more for botox touch up. :twisted:

See how my brain goes? It just headed to vanity in a hot second. I work very hard to direct my focus towards more :saint: ends bahahaha.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is really impressive service from Costco! I'm eagerly waiting with you guys. (Living vicariously! I didn't buy them.)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

Mamabean I just got the e-mail. I cancelled my order this morning and they intercepted the pkg, so it will be returned to the warehouse, and then I am still entitled to get the 1ctw diamonds. I do believe they will honor the 1 ctw even if you cancelled.

Pinto bean, I have a new question. Will they honor the second day they put the 1ctw up? I bought another set then. I did not get any e-mail for that one.

Happy Birthday to me. I have a FLY 52 pts cushion cut that I envisioned as a three stone or 5 stone ring. Maybe I'll get to do it.
I am sure this will require more time to straighten out, but it is worth it. Costco is a good company.
I am happy.

Annette
Thank you @smitcompton I admit I’m a little nervous about it..

Shinybaubles

Rough_Rock
I'm glad I canceled my order. I feel bad trying to exploit somebody's type-o. I feel bad that I thought I was entitled to capitalize on someone's mistake, knowing it was one. :oops: I feel like I'm finally having some better days because I'm reaping what I've sown. I'd probably be the one who's earrings would disappear in transit to or from me and the new headache wouldn't be worth the $629 plus tax. Then I'd cry more than usual and would need that amount or more for botox touch up. :twisted:

See how my brain goes? It just headed to vanity in a hot second. I work very hard to direct my focus towards more :saint: ends bahahaha.

I hear you. I am thinking the same thing. We swept in like vultures. Is it ethical to take Costco up on this offer? I am psyched about it, but also unsure whether this is moral. :confused::read:

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
I hear you. I am thinking the same thing. We swept in like vultures. Is it ethical to take Costco up on this offer? I am psyched about it, but also unsure whether this is moral. :confused::read:

Haha maybe i'm terrible, but I don't really feel bad. Costco will likely loose zero money on this, and they are just giving us what they advertised for sale! They should have cancelled the orders when they realized, not sent out the incorrect earrings.

Jujeh

Rough_Rock
It's never the case that companies have to honor prices that are mistaken. And that's a good thing for our society.

Sure, it might seem fine to take advantage of the mistake of a big site like Costco, but what if the beloved vendors here accidentally sold a 1ct engagement ring for $400 instead of $4k and hundreds of people ordered it? Surely you wouldn't want them to go out of business for a small typo because the law said they had to honor the price ...

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2017 was dead cat, dead husband, dead job, dead dog. It took 1.5 year to get a full time job again. I need all the good karma I can round up bahahahaha. Cuz I want to have the cobwebs cleared out of my nether regions by a good straight single Male with a work ethic before i qualify for AARP benefits.:whistle:

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
It's never the case that companies have to honor prices that are mistaken. And that's a good thing for our society.

Sure, it might seem fine to take advantage of the mistake of a big site like Costco, but what if the beloved vendors here accidentally sold a 1ct engagement ring for $400 instead of $4k and hundreds of people ordered it? Surely you wouldn't want them to go out of business for a small typo because the law said they had to honor the price ...

Keep in mind Costco does not only sell Jewelry they sell many different products so they will recoup from this advertising error in other areas of their business. Is this unethical or taking advantage of a big company? Absolutely not in my opinion... a savvy consumer saw a great deal advertised and jumped on it. As far as the beloved vendors on this site all they sell is jewelry so this is highly unlikely to happen.
On a side note, what about ED or any local B&M stores that prey on uneducated consumers and rip them off blindly. Is that ethical and moral?
How does the saying go Rip me off once shame on you! Rip me off twice shame on me !!

Last edited:

Jujeh

Rough_Rock
Keep in mind Costco does not only sell Jewelry they sell many different products so they will recoup from this advertising error in other areas of their business. Is this unethical or taking advantage of a big company? Absolutely not in my opinion... a savvy consumer saw a great deal advertised and jumped on it. As far as the beloved vendors on this site all they sell is jewelry so this is highly unlikely to happen.
On a side note, what about ED or any local B&M stores that prey on uneducated consumers and rip them off blindly. Is that ethical and moral?
How does the saying go Rip me off once shame on you! Rip me off twice shame on me !!

It's not a ripoff, it is a mistake.

I'm not saying any of the posters here are immoral for trying to get the deal. But what I do find immoral is when people are saying they have to honor it and trying to find a legal loophole or a way to force them to honor it. They don't have to. That's not how the law works. And if you think about it, they shouldn't have to.

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
It's not a ripoff, it is a mistake.

I'm not saying any of the posters here are immoral for trying to get the deal. But what I do find immoral is when people are saying they have to honor it and trying to find a legal loophole or a way to force them to honor it. They don't have to. That's not how the law works. And if you think about it, they shouldn't have to.

I agree with you and also as a poster mentioned the fact that they are honoring this mistake says alot about their customer service which benefits them.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Haha maybe i'm terrible, but I don't really feel bad. Costco will likely loose zero money on this, and they are just giving us what they advertised for sale! They should have cancelled the orders when they realized, not sent out the incorrect earrings.

I don't think they realized the listing was incorrect and didn't match the item number until after the first batch of shipments went out. I ordered 3 pairs as gifts and none of them had the ctw on the box, only the Item Number. The ctw is on the appraisal inside the box. The person packing it up at a warehouse would have no idea.

Costco's profit margins are pretty low on jewelry (I knew a buyer for Costco years ago), and assuming they sent out 150 pairs, this is a huge loss. Despite personally spending $800+ there a month (on random crap, please dont judge lol), I don't feel entitled to taking advantage of this mistake. I'll be returning these.

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
I don't think they realized the listing was incorrect and didn't match the item number until after the first batch of shipments went out. I ordered 3 pairs as gifts and none of them had the ctw on the box, only the Item Number. The ctw is on the appraisal inside the box. The person packing it up at a warehouse would have no idea.

Costco's profit margins are pretty low on jewelry (I knew a buyer for Costco years ago), and assuming they sent out 150 pairs, this is a huge loss. Despite personally spending $800+ there a month (on random crap, please dont judge lol), I don't feel entitled to taking advantage of this mistake. I'll be returning these.
In all honesty though, did you not assume that this was an error when you originally ordered 3 pairs? So what would have been the difference if they sent those in the first place and you accepted them?

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
I feel like Costco can fend for themselves. Business is not my area of expertise but they likely decided that 90k+ in sales with reduced profit margin was better than 90k+ in returns. They are savvy and wouldn't offer anything that wouldn't benefit their bottom line in the end. Zero guilt. That's $600+ I would not have risked otherwise. They know me....

If it all settles out as they state, there will be a fun story behind this new addition!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

anon34985

Shiny_Rock

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
2017 was dead cat, dead husband, dead job, dead dog. It took 1.5 year to get a full time job again. I need all the good karma I can round up bahahahaha. Cuz I want to have the cobwebs cleared out of my nether regions by a good straight single Male with a work ethic before i qualify for AARP benefits.:whistle:

@PintoBean I also believe in karma so I always try to do what I believe is the right thing to do.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results