shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
This is beautiful. I don’t know how much it is (afraid to ask!).

6B93D863-8C60-4558-95EA-06DFFC302B66.jpeg

Another one same material different cut:

Attachments

• A7690478-F207-4CEA-868B-5C993346FBC4.jpeg
    A7690478-F207-4CEA-868B-5C993346FBC4.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 16

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock

I am not one to questions someone else's pictures, normally. But I looked at this sellers IG and some (including this one) of them look like either one of three things.

• Two pictures taken in the same position transposed on each other with two different types of lights to give you the different colors from a natural color shift.
  • multiple different lights at once to take the picture in. Again giving you a colorshft in one picture that you normally would not see in a single light source.
  • Something very close to the stone(s) reflecting off the facets, again making the stone look like there are two different colors. An overtone and under tone.

Now, I could be very wrong as stones stone do show this effect naturally in one shot but I got to be honest, something just don’t strike me as true with some of these pictures.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I am not one to questions someone else's pictures, normally. But I looked at this sellers IG and some (including this one) of them look like either one of three things.

• Two pictures taken in the same position transposed on each other with two different types of lights to give you the different colors from a natural color shift.
  • multiple different lights at once to take the picture in. Again giving you a colorshft in one picture that you normally would not see in a single light source.
  • Something very close to the stone(s) reflecting off the facets, again making the stone look like there are two different colors. An overtone and under tone.

Now, I could be very wrong as stones stone do show this effect naturally in one shot but I got to be honest, something just don’t strike me as true with some of these pictures.

Hmmm interesting. I don't know. I do know that a PSer bought that lagoon Congo tourm from him some time ago (gosh I cannot remember who it was now) and it was gorgeous and true to what the photos looked like.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Found it @fredflintstone - not to say there might be some photography tricks still but this stone stuck with me because it was so beautiful!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

FWIW the stone is $450 (I was curious so I asked him)

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
This Morganite is a prime example. It just does not ring true to me.

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
Found it @fredflintstone - not to say there might be some photography tricks still but this stone stuck with me because it was so beautiful!

And that picture rings true, but some of the others????

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure why, but I like this ring!

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock

I can't decide if that is magnificent or reaaally um...loud. I would probably like to see it as a brooch :think:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

It looks like a hurricane! That is what I see but maybe it's bc I lived in Louisiana for many years. :lol-2:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
So he has another one of these amazing garnets; someone buy it!!! Gah!

17E4E89F-D550-40F8-88A7-094D53A612EF.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
So he has another one of these amazing garnets; someone buy it!!! Gah!

17E4E89F-D550-40F8-88A7-094D53A612EF.jpeg

It’s also $400 so half the price of that first one (I’m guessing bc clarity).

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful and LARGE tsavorite from @premiergemstones
7.63ct 7.5k
Not a fan of the shape or I would consider it if I could pay safely & get a report. 1.png

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
7.63ct 7.5k
Not a fan of the shape or I would consider it if I could pay safely & get a report. 1.png

I saw that! I almost posted here. It’s a beautiful stone.

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
7.63ct 7.5k
Not a fan of the shape or I would consider it if I could pay safely & get a report.

looks like its sold already!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Alex is awesome! I have made several purchases from him. He really gets some beauties!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting a honeycomb cell shape with lots of honeycomb shaped facets, and the color of honey. Don’t wear that around a beehive!! Lol!

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
For those who buy from IG... really gorgeous indicolite.
Thought it was a YAG at first!
tourm.jpg

Last edited:

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
So not only am I spamming the lotto thread, but this one too!

3.10ct precision cut Madagascan lavender spinel.
1,774$ converted from 1,596€.
Not a bargain, but not easy to find especially so well cut. I wonder if it has great fire like Vietnamese ones can.

GS100769.jpg GS100769x1.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So not only am I spamming the lotto thread, but this one too!

3.10ct precision cut Madagascan lavender spinel.
1,774$ converted from 1,596€.
Not a bargain, but not easy to find especially so well cut. I wonder if it has great fire like Vietnamese ones can.

GS100769.jpg GS100769x1.jpg

Wow, if it really looks like that, I would say that IS a bargain! It is so rare to come across lavender spinels with that sparkle and color - especially at that size. If I was still buying, I would snap that up in a heartbeat! I am seriously tempted...

ETA: just watched their video of the stone - not quite as saturated as I anticipated.

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, if it really looks like that, I would say that IS a bargain! It is so rare to come across lavender spinels with that sparkle and color - especially at that size. If I was still buying, I would snap that up in a heartbeat! I am seriously tempted...

ETA: just watched their video of the stone - not quite as saturated as I anticipated.

Yeah, in a world where grey spinels are selling for 200 a carat, a bit under 600 a carat for a much more desirable color is maybe not that bad. My mind still hasn't processed the spinel price increases.
And yes, you can see the grey modifier in the video. Still beautiful.
There are outdoor vids here!

demantoidz

Brilliant_Rock
Yavorskyy is doing a small sale where all profits go to help Ukrainian people (according to the email I got).

While I don't specifically recommend anything in the sale, maybe someone will see something there they love.

According to this IG post, book sales are included:

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results