shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got this one =)2 I'm planning on putting it in the center for this ring "Jessica" by CVB in platinum:

JessicaCarvedClusterRing.jpg
It will be my first project to figure out if I'm allergic to platinum before getting en engagement ring made. I was looking at plain platinum bands but this seemed like a fun option instead.

On a side note, I never met anyone allergic to platinum, so if you are, it must be a nickel alloy. I highly recommend irridium alloy for people that are allergic. Your ring is lovely and so is the stone you're putting in there. I hope the ring has no nickel.

Frost

Shiny_Rock
Trade
^ It's amazing how they get them correct down to a hundredth of a millimetre.

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
YOU should buy it!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did anyone see the stone that Jeff White cut?
1.30 ct. grandidierite
bc7972f3-f9be-4360-a0f7-65cd03576cd4.jpg

Too rich for my blood but man.......:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
1.30 ct. grandidierite

Very strong double refraction. How much?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very strong double refraction. How much?
Price: $8,750.00. meaning either we can all pool our money together and do a time share, or one of us might have to get a sugar daddy/mommy....

S

SparkliesLuver

@shinyrocks He didn't list that one on the GemScoop. Just contact him if you're interested. :)

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That grandiderite is fabulous, but oh my, the price.....I think I need to win the lottery.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy moly! I hadn't seen that close-up photo of Jeff's grandidierite. Where was it listed for sale? I didn't see it on the Gem Scoop (www.whitesgems.com/gemscoop.html). That is just truly magnificent :shock:

As @SparkliesLuver mentioned, that did not show up in his Gem Scoop emails. He does a separate email called The Vault, where he showcases very expensive & rare material. You can sign up for that separately. Hope that helps.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never saw these stones IRL. So I don't know how it looks like. Has anyone seen them?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.30 ct. grandidierite

That's some heavy double refraction there. It's even more pronounced than some zircon. If you want a more affordable alternative, get a blue zircon. It looks just like one.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's some heavy double refraction there. It's even more pronounced than some zircon. If you want a more affordable alternative, get a blue zircon. It looks just like one.
I agree. It does look just like a blue zircon. In fact, the color looks identical to zircon my husband and I bought for my mom many years ago. Hers is set in yellow gold.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pink? You like pink? Here's some pink for ya!
Dec17RhodochrositeI.gif

When Brad at The Gem Trader does pink, he knocks your socks off. The price is reasonable as well. I've already spent my TGT allotment this month, or it would be mine. I hope a PSer grabs it.

http://www.thegemtrader.com/Dec17RhodochrositePage.htm

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza! :lickout: If I had a spare $14,000 hanging around, this would be my Christmas gift to myself. I mean..it's even my favorite shape. :P2
https://www.etsy.com/listing/564545652/paraiba-tourmaline-cushion-paraiba?ref=shop_home_active_1.
Y'know, for $14,000, I'd expect to see an AGL Prestige report. This has no lab report of any kind. (I can't think of the last time a Paraiba listing of hers rested on anything other than her say-so as to its ID and country of origin -- and yes, that bugs me.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results