shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Stone!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone looking for a dark purple sapphire? This one from Yvonne Raley on Etsy looks pretty. It's 5mm, .68 carats, Ceylon, no heat, Portuguese cut.

IMG_2386.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Elle, I wondered about that color too. I wouldn't feel safe especially buying overseas from someone unknown.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If someone buys it, I'd like to know the real name of the vendor. Many years ago, a person with a similar eBay name bought a stone from me and said it never reached him. I remembered the eBay name. Maybe someone just created a profile using this name. Maybe it did not reach him. But I remember the person paying immediately, and leaving a good review before I even sent the stone.

I am not saying it is the same person. (The real name of the person I sold to is not any that I know among the vendors). That profile is not on eBay any longer, and of course, I don't sell abroad. (I never lodged a complaint thinking that the price of the stone was way less than what I earn in one hour, and that I learned my lesson about selling, which was the most valuable thing).

On another note - it is impossible to track things going into/out of Sri Lanka, and international sales cost a lot. UPS has raised the shipping costs to the extreme, and then some. Maybe someone could take the risk, and maybe the stone is gorgeous, but if he buys, my advise is, ask about return policy, and also, pay from the credit card or PayPal.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On another note - should we open a thread about shipping and shipping costs? It is incredible how high the cost has become.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either that or she decided it was too nice to lose. :P2

I thought about it for a hot second but then came to my senses and realized I didn't have the budget. sigh.. :boohoo:

If someone bought it, I would loooooove to see photos!!!! :love:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1 hoping it was a PSer because I'm dying to see more pictures (and setting plans) from whoever purchased.

I bought my first preloved pieces from amyek and it's always hard for me to resist when she puts things for sale. Kills me when she puts a piece like that up for sale. Fortunately, she has a lot of great stones for those of us with smaller pocketbooks ( https://loupetroop.com/users/vickygigi ) I've already bought the afghani tourmaline ring, the color change garnet ring and leuco garnet. Hopefully others will remove the rest of the temptation, lol.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1 hoping it was a PSer because I'm dying to see more pictures (and setting plans) from whoever purchased.

I bought my first preloved pieces from amyek and it's always hard for me to resist when she puts things for sale. Kills me when she puts a piece like that up for sale. Fortunately, she has a lot of great stones for those of us with smaller pocketbooks ( https://loupetroop.com/users/vickygigi ) I've already bought the afghani tourmaline ring, the color change garnet ring and leuco garnet. Hopefully others will remove the rest of the temptation, lol.

You bought the afghani tourmaline ring?! Damn you, woman!!! :twisted:
I tried for that one and you had already gotten it. Will you post pics once you have it? :lol-2: I would love to see more of that one. Oh, and I'm calling dibs now. :lol:

I found it impossible to resist too. I got the spess garnet ring. :whistle:

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I wish the new owner of the pink tourmaline will post lots of photos here.

amyek

Rough_Rock
I wish the new owner of the pink tourmaline will post lots of photos here.

It is actually a 5.01 ct. pink spinel, not a tourm.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You bought the afghani tourmaline ring?! Damn you, woman!!! :twisted:
I tried for that one and you had already gotten it. Will you post pics once you have it? :lol-2: I would love to see more of that one. Oh, and I'm calling dibs now. :lol:

I found it impossible to resist too. I got the spess garnet ring. :whistle:

Great choice and likewise on the pics! It was Amy who introduced me to the wonderful world of garnets when I was new to CS.

Yes, I am very excited about the afghani tourmaline ring (and someone with the pieces you have shouldn't be swearing at me :P2:boohoo:)

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is actually a 5.01 ct. pink spinel, not a tourm.
I saw there is a 1.4ct California pink tourmaline that is sold .

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice and likewise on the pics! It was Amy who introduced me to the wonderful world of garnets when I was new to CS.

Yes, I am very excited about the afghani tourmaline ring (and someone with the pieces you have shouldn't be swearing at me :P2:boohoo:)

Which one was the color change garnet?

I know, I know, cry me a river. :cry::lol-2: I love my rings but I wouldn't be a good CS lover if I didn't get CS envy now would I? :lol:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amyek just posted in the preloved section that she has reduced everything left to 50% off OBO.:whistle:

Here's her LT link:
https://loupetroop.com/users/vickygigi

The huge imperial topaz faceted by Roger Dery and the Green Montana faceted by Jeff Hapeman are still available :eek2: The sleepy pink spinel sister ring to the one ilovegemstones purchased hasn't gone yet either..surprised.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually emailed her about the pink spinel ring BUT I am having Julia make a pink sapphire ring for me and just didn't know the spinel would get worn much, otherwise I would have jumped on it. Such a pretty stone!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Where did you end up landing on this seller? Because I'm looking at a stone they have up for sale at the moment, also....

GrandpaUtz, I decided not to risk it, since I don't know enough about the seller. I am trying to save money to get a few stones set. It is hard to resist all the pretty colors! What did you decide?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
red spinel.jpg
This is a 1.1 carat sleepy red spinel with moderate saturation the MC is selling for $330.00 The cut is a bit wonky but if it does not black out in sunlight and you like sleepy stones this is an incredible deal. http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?-1548343163

Eady

Rough_Rock
Very tempting @LisaRN ! Colour looks lovely!

S

SparkliesLuver

Looks like someone snagged that spinel, Lisa! ;-) :) Hopefully they post about it once they receive it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results