shape
carat
color
clarity

So excited I''m about to BURST! Emerald cut, baby!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Good googly-goo! Would your mom like to adopt me????
31.gif

That is beautiful! You could set that in anything in it would look fantastic!
1.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a great present from a great mom! It''s a huge beauty and especially once set on your slim fingers!
36.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!!
4.gif

Date: 12/26/2004 7
6.gif
5:41 AM
Author: valeria101

Date: 12/26/2004 5:49:54 AM
Author: ForteKitty

I would have it set the regular way because the E-W makes my fingers look weird...
Clear enough... but still didn't have the hart not to post the one below
2.gif
Very nice Ana!! can you do one with the Daniel K design as well?

For now, I'm going to have it temporarily set in a 18k white gold cathedral mount.. my jeweler said it'll cost about $150, and I will be able to wear it while I make up my mind. Who knows, maybe i'll end up keeping it like that!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2004 11:44:23 AM
Author: Patty
It''s beautiful, FK! As for settings, are you sure you want a ring? Do you have many pendants? The possibilities are endless!
Patty~ I have a pendant I love and wear everyday, so I''m not looking to get another one. Besides I want to be able to see this bad boy!
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I need to catch up on SMTR...

Ummmm, HOLY CARP!!!! Can you ask your mama if she''s looking to adopt married 31 year olds??? That is a BEAUTIFUL stone! What a lucky gal. Can''t wait to see the final product!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, fortekitty!
emsmiled.gif

a fab maruise find and a new emerald cut, within the span of about a week!? you''re one lucky girl!!
emthup.gif

can''t wait to see it set!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2004 11:20:27 AM
Author: moremoremore
I need to catch up on SMTR...

Ummmm, HOLY CARP!!!! Can you ask your mama if she''s looking to adopt married 31 year olds??? That is a BEAUTIFUL stone! What a lucky gal. Can''t wait to see the final product!

My mamma said, "No more kids!". She has 3 and we''re a handful already! (not to mention expensive!)
9.gif

Belle~ Yes, I am very lucky! I can''t wait to see it set either!!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is just GORGEOUS! So elegant and classy.

I wish my mom was interested in jewelry like your mom is. I have always loved emeralds and am trying to save up for one (after my asscher, of course). Are you sure your mom wouldn''t like to give a lecture to SO''s and other moms on how to give diamonds to their loved ones?!!!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I''m sooooo jealous!!!! What a gorgeous stone! Does your mom want to adopt me? I don''t eat much.
31.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!
9.gif
My mom is a diamond lover herself so she likes to spoil me and my sister. My favorite like is: "But it looks so pretty on my [insert body part]!"... always works well with her!

Date: 12/27/2004 7:40:41 PM
Author: Hest88
Does your mom want to adopt me? I don''t eat much.
31.gif
Shhh! don''t let her hear that or else she''ll trade me in!

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
ForteKitty, you are one lucky ducky! Beautiful EC
30.gif
30.gif

I can''t wait to see how you decide to set it!

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
Oh, My Word! What a spectacular stone and that setting makes me drool
18.gif
(really it does).

I cannot wait to see your finished ring. Woohoo something to look forward to in 2005.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!
emteeth.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone and you are one lucky girl with a really special mom! I love the stone and can''t wait to see what setting you pick!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I scrapped the temporary setting idea. After going full circle, I decided to get a simple split shank setting. It looks like the Daniel K, but without the pave set diamonds. I love pave, but wasn''t completely sold on that idea with this particular stone. It will be sleek and smooth, so hopefully it''ll look good. Guess I''ll find out in 2 weeks!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i photoshopped an image:

emerald split shank ring copy.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
what do you think?

emerald split shank ring photoshop.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I think it is sleek, modern, and elegant, and it does proper justice to that gorgeous Emerald cut diamond. I cannot wait to see it on your hand!
1.gif

PS I also think that it's not too engagement ring looking--well done!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Absolutely gorgeous stone--would look fab any way you set it!
Happy New Year.

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You picked the perfect setting for your gorgeous emereld cut. It''s classic, elegant and sleek. Can''t wait for the hand pics!! Good job!!
36.gif
36.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I really like that setting!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the support!

I''m so nervous about this ring because I''m going with a new jeweler this time. My long-time jeweler is taking a long, overdue vacation, so his daughter has temporarily taken over the business.
8.gif
Her prices are MUCHO higher, she doesn''t seem to listen to what I want, and keeps pushing her own ideas on how the ring should be set in spite of my preference... not someone I''d want to give my business to! I hope she doesn''t ruin his business for him.

So after much deliberation and reference-hunting, I found someone who seems very excited to work with me. Even tho the setting is simple and not very expensive, he was more concerned about the "artistic" aspect of making it. I really hope it turns out well!!

Any suggestions before I send out the money? should I make the tips of the split shank taper in? widen out? Should the shank widen out as it nears the side of the fingers?

Thanks again!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/31/2004 4:22:43 PM
Author: ForteKitty

Any suggestions before I send out the money ?
There was an E-V version of the same in an earlier post... you know that one is from Mrak''s right ? His are all custom rings, so he could turn out one set the other way around for you, just as flawlessly made, I would think.

Judging from the size of the stone, it will be larger on your hand than the photoshop shows. Made like that, the band will get to be as wide as the stone is long, of course - quite a substantial ring actually. I would definitely trust Mark with fine tuning the proportions of this ring
1.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I know it''ll look bigger... got tired of sizing it so I just pasted it on.
3.gif
Oh, and I emailed Mark when I got the stone because I knew he made something similar to that, but he never responded. Besides, the setting is only costing me about $200 so I won''t feel bad about changing it out in the future.
1.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I get to pick up my ring on Tuesday!!!!!! I just got a call today, and he said it looks great. I can''t wait to see it!! (wont have time to drop in before then, so i''m tearing my hair out!!) Agghhhrrr!!!
32.gif
It''s been 2 long, agonizing weeks!!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t wait to see it, FK!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
FK, you gotta hurry!!!
9.gif
i can''t wait to see this thing, and if i can''t wait, i know YOU are definitely ready to pull your hair out!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too!!! I''m sure it''s going to be gorgeous!!!
1.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Grr...

I am NOT happy with it.

To be quite honest, I don''t like the design all that much. That''s no fault of the jeweler''s since it was my design, so I guess i''m kinda stuck...

I''ve been wearing it all night, and it just looks *blah*... no excitement.
7.gif
Love my stone, but setting just doesn''t do it for me. My camera doesn''t even want to take nice pictures of it.

Should I put it into another setting? I didn''t spend all that much for this mount.. only about $150, and I can always set an Interlap from Wink and wear it as a fun ring.

*sigh* Back to square one...

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! i'm a fan of your jewelry so i'm sorry to hear that it's not quite right. maybe start with nailing down what you don't like about this one. then work from there.

maybe it'll just take more time to find the One for this diamond. You have wonderful taste so I know you'll hit it on the right style eventually!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results