shape
carat
color
clarity

So excited I''m about to BURST! Emerald cut, baby!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so I thought we decided not to do presents this year since we all have pretty much everything we needed... then my mom pushes a tiny box at me during lunch. I thought it was a small figuring or something at first, but when I opened it, I saw a case that''s too small to be a figurine... it was a DIAMOND!!! An emerald cut diamond!!!!

She left the GIA report in the safe, so I don''t have the specs, but she did say it about 1.5ct, F/ VS2. I''m soooooo happy!!

Here are some quick pics of it sitting on my hand...

emerald loose diamond on hand.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
twinkling...

emerald loose diamond on hand 2.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
So here''s the big question... How should i set it?!?
emteeth.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
one more picture...

emerald loose diamond on hand 3.jpg

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
WOWWWY!!!! What a GREAT MOM!!!! How should you set it???? I don''t know? but it will be fun figuring it out now won''t it!!!!! Your mom''s a gem! No scratch that! She''s a diamond!!

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
It''s gorgeous! What a nice mom! You must have been REALLY good this year!
Will you wear it as a right hand right or put it into a solitare type setting? Hmmm. east to west might be cool. Or north to south..nevermiind, it''ll be awesome regardless! lol

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I am SOoooOOooooo EXCITED!!! 2 diamonds in one week! I'm gonna burst!!

Right now i'm leaning towards the split prong look like the daniel K design... but i'm unsure about the pave...

I'll most likely wear it on my right ring finger.
1.gif

daniel k union square ring.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Yes, my mom is wonderful... she believes that a girl can never start too early with diamonds, so she''s been giving them to me as gifts since I was 16. I have 2 over .90ct, 2 over a carat, and a few half carats. Too bad most of the just sit in their boxes because I''ve been too afraid of wearing them out!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG!!! You lucky girl!! Now that is a great Mom. Love the Danial K setting so many options, so many choices, whatever you decide I''m sure it will be lovely!!
36.gif
36.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Forte:

I LOOOOVE the Daniel K. as a RHR...I think split shanks are beautiful, but i''ve always wondered what to do with a wedding band..but this way, if it is a RHR it will be absolutely perfect!!! and your mom is right, you can never have too many diamonds!!!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!!

I have decided that I don't want a plain band... what do you guys think of channel set princess stones that come down 3/4 of the way?

I'm so indecisive right now.. regular shank, split shank, cathedral, channel setting, pave, ahhhgggrr!! I need to pay my jeweler a visit tomorrow! Hmm.. i just thought of something... maybe i should get Tulip prongs with solid cathedral shoulder?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds nice or what about ascher cuts??

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2004 4:49:49 PM
Author: kaleigh
That sounds nice or what about ascher cuts??
do they come that small? i like my bands to be about 2.5mm wide, and i don''t think i''ve ever seen an asscher that small. Maybe bagguettes?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know, but just thought they would look great with the emerald cut.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2004 4:43:21 PM
Author: ForteKitty
Thanks!!!

I have decided that I don''t want a plain band... what do you guys think of channel set princess stones that come down 3/4 of the way?

I''m so indecisive right now.. regular shank, split shank, cathedral, channel setting, pave, ahhhgggrr!! I need to pay my jeweler a visit tomorrow! Hmm.. i just thought of something... maybe i should get Tulip prongs with solid cathedral shoulder?
The Daniel K ring is a beauty. . .I''d go for something subtle since emerald cuts are more subtle and you wouldn''t want to distract from the main stone. Really small pave stones would look cool w/a split shank that are made of very thin bands. I''m not a fan of princess stones so I''d say pave and then a simple prong set up.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I really do like the Daniel K, but it''s a bit out of my budget and I don''t really like the diamonds around the basket. Hopefully my jeweler can change it around a bit and make it in white gold. I don''t like the way platinum patinas.

What do you think of sidestones?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2004 5:33:54 PM
I really do like the Daniel K, but it's a bit out of my budget and I don't really like the diamonds around the basket. Hopefully my jeweler can change it around a bit and make it in white gold. I don't like the way platinum patinas.

What do you think of sidestones?
If you like the Daniel K at all, then definetly have a replica made. With the amount you save, you probably can buy another ring!
2.gif

Emerald cuts have such clean elegant lines that a simple design would look best, IMO. Pave looks beautiful, but you really need to look at settings in person and see how your diamond will look with a busy one. It may overwhelm the diamond. (Like I said though, the Daniel K one is a beauty so you've at least picked out a great setting style that you can have made eventually even if you decide to use another one for your current stone.)

Oh, and also the marquise ring you have should keep you content for at least a little bit of time
3.gif
so this will grant you some time to hunt for a great setting rather than deciding right away.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I am exhausted at looking at settings! I think it may just have to go in a temporary split prong setting until I make up my mind! Come to think of it, i think that would look really nice. I already have a few pave rings, so maybe a sleek, simple one is in order.

And the Marquise is doing a very good job keeping me content... i can''t even go thru a meal w/o stopping to admire it. I still can''t believe how cheap it was.
9.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i like this one but i''d want the diamond to be set the regular way:

split shank emerald.jpg

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your wonderful gift. Emerald cuts have always been one of my favorites. I love that your mom has been buying you diamonds since you were a teen. I bought diamond necklaces for my daughters and they have been told they will receive them for their 16th birthdays. They haven''t seen them yet, they only know they are real diamonds.

The necklaces are white gold open tilted hearts with the diamond set in the corner toward the point of the heart. Not a large diamond by any means, but at least they will own a real diamond. My youngest (who is 9) is starting to become quite fascinated by jewlery since she has accompanied me on many of my trips during my recent quest for my new ring.

Oh my gosh, FK - it''s amazing!!!! I LOVE emerald cuts, and with one that beautiful, I don''t think you can go wrong with your setting.

I love the Daniel K that you shared with us. If you''re not yet sure about what you want to do, you might look at some of the vintage jewelry sites for ideas. Langs in San Francisco just updated their webside (I put the link in Rocky Talky today - sorry I don''t remember the web addy).

Enjoy! It is SO pretty and it looks fantastic on our hand!!!

Big smiles for you, Mary

Hi again, FK:

I was looking through one of my bridal mags, and saw the most beautiful east-west emerald cut setting. It had baguettes (sp?)on either side going all the way around the shank.

I wish I could get onto the Vera Wang site so I could create a link for you, but for some reason, I''m not able to get on to it. ugg...

Like I said, no matter what you do with that stone, it''s going to be AMAZING. Mary

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
WOW! What a stunning EC!
30.gif
What a great Mom!
12.gif
I LOVE the Daniel K setting you posted, too--what a RHR this is going to be!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I am so happy for you!!!
1.gif

Santa has been goooooooooooooood!
9.gif
11.gif
31.gif

PS I think I would have bursted by now! lol
3.gif
1.gif
2.gif

PPS You have lovely, elegant hands--perfect for an EC!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Love, love, love the new emerald FK

How about something like this?

7984.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!
9.gif

NL~ Your daughters will love their necklaces. Out of all my jewelry, the first ring I ever received from my mom will always be my most treasured piece of possession no matter what happens. Engagement rings can be sold during time of need, but nothing can pry me away from my mom''s gifts.

Mary~ I think i have seen the one you''re talking about.. it''s got bags set E-W all around with a large emerald in the center? I like that look, but I would have it set the regular way because the E-W makes my fingers look weird. I still need to look into antique designs!

Jen~ I have burst into a million bits already... this is more than I can handle! I was good this year but I wasn''t that good... but *Shhhh*, don''t tell my mom that!

Sevens One ~ That is a beautiful setting, but i think it might be a bit much for my hand... I wonder if they have something with a thinner band that tapers in toward the center?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/26/2004 5:49:54 AM

I would have it set the regular way because the E-W makes my fingers look weird...
Clear enough... but still didn''t have the hart not to post the one below
2.gif

FQSQ.JPG

FK:

I know what you mean about the east-west settings. You have nice long fingers, so the standard set stone will look fantastic on you!

I just went through this setting selection process with my three stone emerald cut engagement ring. I started going BONKERS!!!! (you may have seen my posts - I was out of control)

For a right hand ring, that Daniel K setting would be amazing! If that was the one you loved first, you may end up going full circle. That''s what I ended up doing after searching for a setting for two weeks. (I''m going with simple platinum, which is what I wanted in the first place.)

Please keep us posted on your process. That diamond is incredible!!!!! Mary

wow! what a great diamond!!! I love the look of the emerald cut
30.gif
and I just LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
that daniel k split shank setting, especially the pave! I was thinking of something like that for my gf''s e-ring but I think that it would be difficult to find a suitable wedding band. but if you are wearing it as a rhr you don''t have that problem!

whatever you choose, I know it will look marvelous!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Ana!! You are AMAZING! and I think that ring looks good on your finger FK!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, FK! As for settings, are you sure you want a ring? Do you have many pendants? The possibilities are endless!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results