shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Single Stone looks like love

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the one thing that really stands out in my mind about this ring is the tapered shank. I just love the look of it in relation to the center stone. Sometimes rings can have that boxy look but this shank just flows upward to the stone. Great design and the ring looks stunning on your finger!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's gorgeous! I love the stone and the setting and that he proposed again. :appl:

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
tweeter8177 Hi, yes, this bezel appears so delicate and thin but it is sturdy and so well made. Truly, my favorite part about all Edwardian jewelry is it looks delicate but is actually quite strong (in platinum, that is). Art Deco is also my favorite. How can I have two favorites?! I think this ring is a great blend of curves and geometry and my best try, with Heather's guidance, of how to blend them together. Thank you for your iphone bling encouragement-I am impressed with the detail the phone is able to pick up. I'm going to have to see if you've made any pic heavy threads! Hubby is sweet. I'd totally marry him again and he is even better now than when he was 25. :D

star sparkle Aww, thanks!

Laila619 Thank you Laila, fellow bezel owner! I love that he surprised me, that made it so much more special for sure.

pandabee I'm so glad you like it, you always have such great taste and knowledge.

Goldfish8 Proposal Round Two, I love that! One of my friends told me today, that "you two are good to each other". We are. I know, it's disgusting! :cheeky:

derbygal Do it. Get the bezel. Get the bezel. GET. THE. BEZEL. You will not regret it. And thank you!

SB621 Okay, I did post more pictures. I'm trying to get worthy flower shots. Pretty avatar!

DS Dear, DS, what a stone you have now!! That's so great and I'm happy you're happy. Like you, I sure wished over these last couple of years I could have scored the incredible HOLY GRAIL that so many from Dreamer to Demelza have found, but nothing was turning up. When I saw this stone, I recognized it as an OEC, but with the chip and the weak polish I knew it could be better. I feel like if I hadn't gotten it, the dealers I was bidding against were salivating to snatch it and cut it to modern proportions. So, I'm kind of an old stone rescuer. And maybe you guys ruined me for better cut. ;-) I read a story in Atlantic Monthly (May I think) about kids and smart technology today. Stay with me...weird analogy ahead...One of the things they did to the kids was put on Sesame Street that was altered to be scrambled a bit and the kids kind of tuned out and wandered away. My brain felt like that when I looked at this stone in certain conditions. I could see it was Sesame Street, but I couldn't see Grover or Big Bird! :lol: To wear it forever it would have bugged me. In the end, it was the right thing for me to do. And I do love that the value went up too. If I found a wonky OMC though, I'd leave it alone in all it's wonderful goofiness.
Also, so glad GOG was patient and wonderful to you :praise:

Matata From your avatar, I'd think you meant puuuurrrfect. What do you have, little leopard mix kitties? Beauties! I'm so glad you like it. I can't imagine a thing I'd change about it.

KaeKae Thank you for the well wishes. I truly appreciate every warm sentiment sent my way. And for the future, if anyone wants to copy it, go for it. Spread the beauty I say.

Enerchi Thank you for your praises and the enabling. How fun is this? And you have been so helpful in your knowledge. I've learned so much.

GemFever Well, if you're weak in the knees, you might really have Gem Fever :shock: I am with you.

luv2sparkle Awww, you're sweet. So far, I have been enjoying it everyday. Single Stone makes things in lots of different sizes, just sayin', maybe you should talk with Enerchi the Enabler and I'll help...

lorrissey Thank you, I can tell you like it by the tons of heart-eye emoties, but I really like that cool ring in your avatar.

packrat Thank you packrat, I'd love to show you in person someday!

movie zombie I appreciate your comments. I'm working on flower shots...

Lil Misfit Single Stone is amazing aren't they? For those thinking of doing this sort of thing~this was a leap of faith. We did it all over the phone and via the internet. Not until I opened the box did I see it and of course was blown away like everyone says...

valmanin It turned out great and I am glad that I waited. Sooooo worth it. Yours will be fab too. So excited to see...Maybe The Bachelor can have a new show, "The Reproposal" with new bling!

woofmama Thank you woofmama! It is a beauty, if I have to say so myself. And I don't, because you just did. Thank you!

pinkjewel I'm glad you like it. But your orchid ring-THUD. WoweeWow. A pink diamond is a dream. I know you are so thankful to be able to have it. The one little marquise shaped opening on the side of mine sort of looks like the detail in the center of the petals of yours. We are distant ring cousins :wavey: :bigsmile:

MissGotRocks I love how the shank just meets up under the bezel too. Everything just goes together like it's meant to be. One thing flowing to the next.

Catmom I love it too, thanks so much! "So many sparklies, so little time" indeed! =)

I do have to add here, they are also making a wedding band to go with it. Not sure what's going on with that yet, maybe the husband and Heather are in cahoots again...

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
:wavey: Awww, you're so sweet.... we will definitely be ring cousins!! I won the Single Stone gift certificate at the GTG and have just started to talk with Heather about some ideas for it!!! I wish I could see their things in person to get more ideas. I may need your help. :)

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Pink jewel, I'd be honored. ;)) Let me know when you're ready.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! My new PS favorite. I love every detail. Beautiful stone, i love bezels and Single Stone did a beautiful job. Best wishes on your engagement!!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
swingirl|1370989029|3463731 said:
Your ring is gorgeous! My new PS favorite. I love every detail. Beautiful stone, i love bezels and Single Stone did a beautiful job. Best wishes on your engagement!!

New favorite on PS? :-o :bigsmile: Thank you! I am one of those people that needs the great stone and great setting. And great guy. Sheesh! We appreciate the wishes. I wasn't sure if I was a bezel lady, but I am now :naughty:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I really am smitten by this ring... like head over heels cuckoo for it!!!! :appl:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! What'a gorgeous ring! Love the intricate details, such a beautiful setting! Enjoy!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you lorrissey and Alene! More photos, flower shots as promised...

_7149.jpg

_7151.jpg

_7150.jpg

_7152.jpg

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! :cheeky: How do you get any work done? I would be staring at that baby all day!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Fancy Pants Sparkles. I didn't for a bit there :Up_to_something: I can do some work now that I have a few decent pictures taken. But my gardenia just bloomed again so I might add one or two more...

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a knockout ring! Love the milgraining on the bezel!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had to come back for a second look. One of the things I love most about your ring is the super thin millegrained bezel. So perfect.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!!! Congratulations!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolute perfection! Enjoy and wear it in good health!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Breathtakingly beautiful!! :love: :love: :love:

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, last photos. I have been so excited I forgot to say how nice and easy it was to work with Single Stone. Heather was great and I wouldn't change a thing. I would definitely like more pieces from them someday! Also, this ring has a lot of meaning for us on another level too- my Mom passed away last year on this day and some of her most valuable jewelry that would have been passed down is gone. My sister put my Mom's 1 carat 50's diamond engagement ring in a tissue on her dresser and we're pretty sure it got tossed out. I just can't be mad at her-I can imagine how I'd feel although it's disappointing...then Mom's mental status declined and her big princess upgrade got lost. So, we created an heirloom, celebrate our great love now and I think of how my Mom would have loved this ring. "Wonderful!" she would have said : )

Thank you Mom2boys and luv2sparkle! Single Stone is amazing in the detail of the millegrain and beading. I love this bezel super thin too. But, I can appreciate a chunk one on someone else.

Thank you, Demelza! Your diamond is an inspiration to many of us. I'm glad to hear you think it looks beautiful, that means a lot coming from you. :wavey:

Baby nurse, thank you for your nice compliment. My mom was an RN and we have a rabbit too, love your avatar!
JuneRose you are so sweet to say that :D

_7341.jpg

_7342.jpg

_7343.jpg

_7344.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely stunning, and any hubby who would re-propose like that is too, in my book! Enjoy both, and thank you for indulging us with so many pictures!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Backwards, I saw your ring, and your rock seriously looked huge, and white. I thought for sure it was over 3 carats on your finger. And now that I have seen the real stuff in the store, the ring totally looks like something that was from them. I am soooo impressed that you bought the whole thing online. You knew there stuff would be that beautiful! :appl: I had to see it for myself. :lol: :lol: Your stone is amazing. K, VS1, I loved that they polished it and had it regraded by GIA. Can I ask who handled that for you? Did SS send it out and tell the stone cutter what to do, or did you and your husband manage that?

I am so very very happy for you. That is a ring to be proud of. :appl: :appl:

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom you are a sweetie. Single Stone kills me! I was pretty sure I would love it but, there is that hesitation and worry. You are smart to investigate in person and yet we have the same conclusion: that workmanship is perfect, tiny, prettier in person. I told Heather(everything was done with Heather), that I thought my stone could look a bit better. We emailed photos of facet patterns of pretty stones-many of mine from Lang's Antiques because their photos are so dang clear and well done. After that, I left it up to them. They are the experts, no? When it came back she said my stone looked 1000% better but she thought it was pretty too to start with. The only change facet-wise that you'd pick up on was the flower in the middle is less pronounced and it's more transitional looking now I'd say. The husband was happy to have me handle it, he's not into the minutiae. He thinks it is beautiful too.

Don't be fooled by the hugeness of the stone, it's the punyness of my finger! (3.5) And K, who knew how white or pastel these old cuts look? It is addicting. And Heather's my dealer :devil:

How very nice of you to be happy for me-I'd love to be happy right back at you if you get something from there :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the newer pics! Definitely one of my favorite rings! :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back for more-- how I love this ring!!!! :love:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Breathtaking! Congrats! :appl:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Breathtaking! Congrats! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@backwardsandinheels - saying :wavey: and just bumping your beauty from SS. I have drooled over this thread so many times. Your stone and ring are AMAZING. Hope you're still loving and enjoying this unbelievable ring.

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love all of the details and the story, beautiful ring! I love about a million settings on Single Stone's Instagram!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results