carat
color
clarity

Show your Star sapphires and rubies

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz

The white/red(ish) splotch material - I never see offered anywhere in good English WWW.
That's true! I have only seen a few 1-2 carat small ones offered in English.

Here are some beautiful lavender colored ones...and one with just a few red freckles....I find the second one to be such a magic stone, and the last one has such a delightfully fresh lavender color!

IMG_4065.jpg
IMG_4064.jpg
IMG_4067.jpg
IMG_4066.jpg
IMG_3786.jpg

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Regarding the red/white splotch stars, I can imagine a beautiful ring made with asymmetrical gems around...maybe rubies on one side and pink diamonds or another similarly colored gem on the light side of the splotch star. So much interesting design potential with those. The nice ones are magnificent!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz The deep purple sapphires seem so grand to me ! Much as the blue... I assume that the colour is not more sung because it is shared by Quartz, of all things. However, the deep purple star sapphires are like nothing else !
-
There is a local name for the white & red corrundrum: WWW ... anything is nicer than what I've called them ! Google does not care for that transliteration of Burmeze & I know not better.

I hadn't seriously thought of this material - might see a piece worn as a pendant, 'Y' style: knowing myself, the pendant would spend most of its time on my desk anyway & get played with as a pebble ... The folks making such pieces of jade had me exact !

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The lavender one really catches my eye. It exudes so much femininity. Lovely photos all round :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The lavender one really catches my eye. It exudes so much femininity. Lovely photos all round :)
That's my feeling too, especially regarding the last one. That lavender color is so beautiful. It doesn't matter that it's not translucent because the color and the star are both so strong and pure. I'll keep posting more images like these.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an adorable, petite Art Deco star sapphire! It's on ruby lane. It seems to be very clear and luminous, with a good star. A whole lot of beauty and style for a more petite star sapphire ring!
IMG_4318.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still wearing my 2 stars very often and loving them....

Now I know that rings & bangles are, in fact, paired objects ... very obvious !

Thank you for beauty !

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I know that rings & bangles are, in fact, paired objects ... very obvious !

Thank you for beauty !
Ah, I'm so glad they look like a set! Was my intention . It is an unusual but amicable relationship between jadeite and blue sapphire!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I'm so glad they look like a set! Was my intention. It is an unusual but amicable relationship between jadeite and blue sapphire!

Even just the big star & the jadeite bangle look like a 'pair'.

This is so good ! I am happy from seeing a picture .-) - never happens ...

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a good photo of the star. The stone was being very moody and the same color as the fog on my way to work.
IMG_20170830_071754.jpg
Just beautiful!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still wearing my 2 stars very often and loving them....
IMG_4315.jpg
So beautiful!!
But another pressing question, what did you order from the menu that night?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!!
But another pressing question, what did you order from the menu that night?
lol Stracci, you are too funny! Is it bad that I mostly remember the wine;-)? I remember beautiful sparkling wine, really good garlic bread made with baguette and Parmesan, and a wonderful steak. Napa is fabulous for eating and drinking !! I miss the food so much. Hardly ever eat out normally.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple Burmese yellow stars. 4+ carats each.

image.jpeg
Wow! If anyone could find them it's you, Seaglow! I had kind of lost hope of finding a nicely translucent yellow star, so it's nice to know that they can be found lol! These would look lovely in high karat, greenish gold ! Were they hard to find? They are really lovely.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That could make a pair of earrings! Old stock? Any heat treatment?

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! If anyone could find them it's you, Seaglow! I had kind of lost hope of finding a nicely translucent yellow star, so it's nice to know that they can be found lol! These would look lovely in high karat, greenish gold ! Were they hard to find? They are really lovely.

That could make a pair of earrings! Old stock? Any heat treatment?

No, super new yield! Unheated. There is a bit of transluscent yellows coming out of Burmese mines these past few weeks. It started with the big opaque ones with obviously hexagonal growth and uneven color zoning of yellow, brown and white. Then just recently, some transluscent materials are coming out. Some small ones of less than 2 carats with an even color. I'm not sure how long it will last and if there will be more transluscent material coming but so far, these are the two stones with decent transluscency I found over 2 carats. The small transluscent nice ones are mixed with blues, lavender, and the pink lots, one or two of them in parcels, not much.

The stones I got was mixed in a lot of the bigger opaque all yellow stones, but the bigger opaque ones are not attractive.

Should be in Yangon by now if you look closely.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is the one daughter who inherited my passion for gems. She is adamant that I find a small yellow star for her pendant which she designed,...here's her drawing lol! She's 5 .

IMG_3654.JPG

I found a small decent yellow star. The color is not that even but transluscent. 1.97 cts. so it's bigger than the rest of your daughter's stars. 6.90 x 7.96. Do you think this could work?

image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 32

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a small decent yellow star. The color is not that even but transluscent. 1.97 cts. so it's bigger than the rest of your daughter's stars. 6.90 x 7.96. Do you think this could work?

image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Lol, that's about the sizes she has..,they are around between .90-1.40, so that would be a tad larger, but she's not interested in exact size match as she is in the color. It's really a lovely star you found! It's so funny, she comes home everyday and wants to play with the star sapphires, doing many designs. I had a difficult time explaining why I couldn't find any yellow stars. She was quite devastated about the idea of them being gone from the market, ( becausevthats the only answer I could give her, that they are very hard to find and get picked out right away)!

Last edited:

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lol, that's about the sizes she has..,they are around between .90-1.40, so that would be a tad larger, but she's not interested in exact size match as she is in the color. It's really a lovely star you found! It's so funny, she comes home everyday and wants to play with the star sapphires, doing many designs. I had a difficult time explaining why I couldn't find any yellow stars. She was quite devastated about the idea of them being gone from the market, ( becausevthats the only answer I could give her, that they are very hard to find and get picked out right away)!

The yellow stars are still the same as what @Burmesedaze had shown in her photos. Opaque, uneven-colored big ones. When it started going out in the market, two dealer showed me those and said how rare the yellow stars are. The transluscent ones, though there are a bit coming out, are still very few and far in between. One in a parcel of about a hundred stones...so totally I have seen 6 translucent stones lately (that's a lot given the rarity, especially in Burmese origin).

Anyway, you can tell your daughter the sapphire fairy found her a star and giving it to her as a gift because she has such a nice design. Lol.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The yellow stars are still the same as what @Burmesedaze had shown in her photos. Opaque, uneven-colored big ones. When it started going out in the market, two dealer showed me those and said how rare the yellow stars are. The transluscent ones, though there are a bit coming out, are still very few and far in between. One in a parcel of about a hundred stones...so totally I have seen 6 translucent stones lately (that's a lot given the rarity, especially in Burmese origin).

Anyway, you can tell your daughter the sapphire fairy found her a star and giving it to her as a gift because she has such a nice design. Lol.

Seaglow, you are so amazing! I'm delighted to be able to tell her this! It really is a wish come true for her. When it comes, if the design needs to be altered she will do it. She's made about 10 variations so far and I find them everywhere, colored and cut out, throughout the house. For her, the main thing has been finding colored stars. I will send them to the jeweler so she can have her pendant made. I'll post the finished piece as soon as it's done. I'm really so grateful. She will be unbelievably happy about it! Thank you!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is a very tiny Mogok unheated pink star sapphire pair. Under 5 cts, 1 cab is flatter and has white bits and some small blaxk inclusions near the underside whereas the other is very nice. Asking price was too much for me since it's not a close to perfect match :razz: so i had to pass on it. Decent stars.

The small blues, similarly overpriced, even higher than the earrings. 20170924_143126.jpg 20170924_143355.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a very tiny Mogok unheated pink star sapphire pair. Under 5 cts, 1 cab is flatter and has white bits and some small blaxk inclusions near the underside whereas the other is very nice. Asking price was too much for me since it's not a close to perfect match :razz: so i had to pass on it. Decent stars.

The small blues, similarly overpriced, even higher than the earrings. 20170924_143126.jpg 20170924_143355.jpg
Gosh, I admire them both! I love the pairs, overpriced or not. So gorgeous!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Quite a unique star I found. Untreated, pure white like ivory. If it didn't have a star I'd think it was bone or something. 4.73 carats, opaque. IRL the star is very prominent even though it's white against white.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quite a unique star I found. Untreated, pure white like ivory. If it didn't have a star I'd think it was bone or something. 4.73 carats, opaque. IRL the star is very prominent even though it white against white.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
That is so unusual! It could make a very special, tiny ring with unusual gem combinations, perhaps with other, more opaque stones. It's quite magic.i can see it with Matt or polished black jade inlay or small sides.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow. Can you tell me more about the the white/yellow(ish) star sapphire?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results