shape
carat
color
clarity

Show your Star sapphires and rubies

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!!! They are both stunning ! I love the rose quartz so much, and the ring guards are a must! Are you considering them?
The ring guard should be here Monday. I am really excited about it and no one in real life cares :lol: I think the will make the star sapphire pop more.

How are your star quartz beads holing up? I would love a giant star quartz ring but I am worried it would not hold up. Granted I have a desk job so I do not wack my hands on anything.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
One of the large, side diamonds was hit and cracked at some point. It is not unstable as is. In order to restore it, I'd have to get a diamond specifically cut. I think I'll have to wait on that part of the restoration. I'm fine with that part as is because I hardly notice it. When I do, it adds to the mystery of ithe ring's 100 year life. I asked for all the metal to be repolished nicely.

IMG_3414.JPG
So do you have this beauty on your hand now?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So do you have this beauty on your hand now?
Wow! Those ring guards are FABULOUS! I cannot wait to see it in the guards. Will definitely make it pop more! It's going to be really gorgeous.

I've had my star rose quartz beads for a week, wearing everyday. So far so good! I think you'd be fine with a ring and some caution. Star rose quartz is just so lovely.

My ring isn't here yet. They are still working on it. It's agonizing. I've named it 'Moonlight Jelly' because it reminds me of a small, luminous jelly fish floating in a deep blue moonlit lake! Hopefully I'll get it in about 10 days.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As an aside, this is very close to the color blue it has in a regular sapphire....which is why it reminds me of a moonlit lake. And the dome of the star , with the watery qualities remind me so much of a jelly!

IMG_3560.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this silver rose quartz set is lovely...because of the stars. The floral silver is sweet looking, but those stars!! I think if these were backed eith metal that reglected light back through, or even mother of pearl, the effect would be amazing.

IMG_3578.jpg

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh! Where did you find that stone?

You are right. Your star sapphire does look like a Moon Jellyfish.

As a side note my bands came and I think they show off my sapphire.
Screenshot_20170710-193322.png
Oh my, Vesper!! You did really well by finding those guards! I LOVE them with the sapphire! Great, great combination!

I think that it does look like 'Moonlight jelly'...somehow I can't escape the name. It just feels alive! They are so interactive with light and movement, combined with the personality of each, individual stone. But I also feel that they have a mystical quality.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posting here my recent find. A plum-colored star sapphire.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
So beautiful, Seaglow! What do you think you might do with the stone? I can imagine it as a bracelet with Matt gold, or a fab pendant worn on a long chain.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So beautiful, Seaglow! What do you think you might do with the stone? I can imagine it as a bracelet with Matt gold, or a fab pendant worn on a long chain.
I was also thinking of matte gold!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh! Where did you find that stone?

You are right. Your star sapphire does look like a Moon Jellyfish.

As a side note my bands came and I think they show off my sapphire.
Screenshot_20170710-193322.png
Some jeweller was busy setting clear stones and forgot this one for more than 20 years. Lol.

Nice ring! I'm particularly fond of white stars with hardly or no secondary hue, even white cab like yours with no stars. Lol.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Some jeweller was busy setting clear stones and forgot this one for more than 20 years. Lol.
How could you forget that stone? If I had it I would turn it into a proper Jean Harlow ring.

Thank you! I admit I am a little too in love with my little star sapphire.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a few small stars for my littlest daughter! She's in love with them. These are about 1 carat each, so really small, but super sweet. Love the white one.

IMG_3653.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the one daughter who inherited my passion for gems. She is adamant that I find a small yellow star for her pendant which she designed,...here's her drawing lol! She's 5 .

IMG_3654.JPG

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
A girl of my heart!

Where do you get all your star sapphires?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A girl of my heart!

Where do you get all your star sapphires?
lol she's ALOT of fun because I can relate so much. It's hard to say no!
These I got from eBay, from a place called Cresla gems. These are claimed to be untreated and the feedback is good, so I just went for it. I paid 9 dollars each on auction for the 2 light ones and and the purple red one was 40$. I figure they may be, but I just took a gamble. I imagine the tiny ones may not be worth messing with, but I could be wrong about that.

Last edited:

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz, some yellow ones I see here but they aren't even in color and on the opaque side.

20170714_093954.jpg

20170714_093940.jpg

20170714_094010.jpg
Wow! I love that picture! I love seeing the many stars in different colors . Thank you so much for thinking to post it. I see, the yellows are opaque. That large one is still lovely though. Do you happen to know the approximate price of a piece like that?

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz, some yellow ones I see here but they aren't even in color and on the opaque side.
20170714_094010.jpg
Are those your star sapphires? Like, ALL of them?

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Neil. Wow. WOW. That is a perfect shade of blue.

I received a new star quartz today. It is 47.75cts. I am struggling to get a shot of the star. You can see a little one here.
IMG_20170714_115422.jpg s-l500.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neil, gorgeous star ring!
Vesper, wow! I love the size of it! Any plans for it? I noticed when I backed my beads against a metal surface, the color mixed with the metal color, and the star showed more. Do gold or silver backing might really bring it out. I also think it's beautiful as is, like a dream.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Neil, gorgeous star ring!
Vesper, wow! I love the size of it! Any plans for it? I noticed when I backed my beads against a metal surface, the color mixed with the metal color, and the star showed more. Do gold or silver backing might really bring it out. I also think it's beautiful as is, like a dream.
You are 100% correct. When it has a backing it has a nice crisp star. When it is just against my hand it is a little sad. My computer is dusty (I am using my time at work well.)
STAR.jpg
I wonder if I could get it in some kind of black backing like enamel?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could get an oxidized silver backing, especially cut for your stone, quite easily. that's a dark grey. Maybe you could try holding the rose quartz over a piece of foil, then something gold, and then dark grey maybe to see which one is best. You could also get a brass, or gold filled backing with white metal prongs, if gold brings the pink and the star out best.

Btw, loving your star and diamond rings!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: I will have my new star ring on Thursday! It seems that these restorations have been taking forever, but now it's close so I'm I'm excited!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! I love that picture! I love seeing the many stars in different colors . Thank you so much for thinking to post it. I see, the yellows are opaque. That large one is still lovely though. Do you happen to know the approximate price of a piece like that?

Asked them today. It's 19ct and us$300 :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Are those your star sapphires? Like, ALL of them?
Haha nah I don't have one yet. These are from my regular jeweller at their shop.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asked them today. It's 19ct and us$300 :)
Thank you so much! Tho gives me a better idea. That's not unlike prices I'm seeing, but again, I've not seen more than a couple of "yellow" stars which are less yellow than those.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results