shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show your romantic pieces for 14 days of February!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like the ring of the most beautiful art nouveau mermaid!
Not that you asked but just in case you didnt know, the stone appears to be a beautiful beautiful example of mother of pearl or some other shell I believe. Hence the mermaid reference!

How sweet of you to cherish something so symbolic and be able to wear it near!

@TheGarnetGirl thank you! I love the mermaid reference! At first I thought it was abalone, but that usually looks smoother to me. This shell definitely has texture to it, and unfortunately a little chip. Oh well....I love it anyway.

@ bling_dream 19 I agree. I love Garnetgirl's description.

Last edited:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today's entry are these diamond and pearl earrings my husband gave me. They are most likely the least expensive pieces I own but maybe the most meaningful to me. When my daughter was in her freshman year at college she got sick and lost her voice like she usually did when she gets sick. Only this time her voice did not come back. She had nothing except for a high pitched squeak for an entire year while Dr. after Dr. tried to figure out what was going on. Eventually we took her to Mayo in Rochester and they knew right away that it was extensive scarring on the back sides of her vocal folds from the numerous viruses that she had had. She needed surgery to get any kind of a voice back and it was scheduled on my birthday. I hadn't even given my birthday a thought. After she was wheeled into surgery and we were in the waiting room hubby pulled out this little jewelry box and wished me a happy birthday. Somehow he had managed to slip out to the local mall and buy these for me. I was floored. He apologized for them being from the mall, sweetie as he is. I didn't care. I just thought that even with all that going on he remembered my birthday.

cmspearlearrings501.jpg

cmspearlearrings502.jpg

How sweet and thoughtful of your husband! The earrings are really lovely. I hope everything worked out well for your daughter.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My romantic piece of the day.

My antique pear earrings from Lang Antiques.

langantiquepeardanglesonears.png

Sorry, selfie earring shots are challenging especially as @bling_dream19 pointed out on earrings that articulate so adding a still shot below. These are one of my favorite pairs though it is hard to choose one favorite.

langantiquepeardangles.png

These are so lovely!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How sweet and thoughtful of your husband! The earrings are really lovely. I hope everything worked out well for your daughter.

Thank you! It eventually did after 3 more surgeries.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, your earrings are beautiful, I recall you have quite the collection of earrings but I don't recall seeing these before.

@Catmom, such a wonderful sentiment that your husband gave you those earrings on your birthday despite a bit of chaos! They are lovely, love the diamonds that just give a little extra sparkle.

@Diamond Girl 21, beautiful ring, love the curves on it and again a wonderful story behind it makes it even more special.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Madam Bijoux, love that blingy heart ring, gorgeous!

@Bluegemz, beautiful star ruby, are those rose cuts around it?

I am running behind in sharing today but I'm hoping to get my fourth day contribution up later tonight, it has been a crazy day!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Madam Bijoux, love that blingy heart ring, gorgeous!

@Bluegemz, beautiful star ruby, are those rose cuts around it?

I am running behind in sharing today but I'm hoping to get my fourth day contribution up later tonight, it has been a crazy day!

Thanks! Yes, rose it’s! So chunky facets on this one!

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, you know that I love that you place your pieces on pretty dishes for the pictures. Love pearls too, versatile, classic, can't go wrong with them.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my share for the fourth day and there is a story!

When I was first dating DH (almost 19 years ago) I bought him this gold pendant and it has a word "Today" "Tomorrow" "Yesterday" and "Forever" etched on each side. Well he lost it and I was so upset that I went out and bought him another one and then don't you know we found the original in the couch!

Years later he took the second one I bought him and made it into a bracelet for me but I was so afraid I would lose it that I removed it from the bracelet and then tucked these both away.
IMG_7431.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19, love this new ring of yours...how big is the diamond?

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

When I was first dating DH (almost 19 years ago) I bought him this gold pendant and it has a word "Today" "Tomorrow" "Yesterday" and "Forever" etched on each side. Well he lost it and I was so upset that I went out and bought him another one and then don't you know we found the original in the couch!

Years later he took the second one I bought him and made it into a bracelet for me but I was so afraid I would lose it that I removed it from the bracelet and then tucked these both away.
IMG_7431.JPG

Oh Stephanie that is a beautiful love story. I love the words and so romantic that you have both. Beautiful story.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19, oh that's a great size and it does look like a very nice diamond, can't wait for you to get it back so we get some real handshots!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day 4 is my romantic soon to be rhr. Its been shipped to DK for sizing and hopefully I'll have it back in time for Valentine's. I'm so enjoying seeing everyone's beautiful pieces. 20200127_192242.jpg
This is lovely! 1940's, I presume?

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
This is lovely! 1940's, I presume?

@stracci2000 thank you, stracci you are so sweet. You are very close, 1950's, .75ctw. You have an excellent eye for vintage beauties!
Here's the description from the seller:

Vintage from the 1950s
This is a really fantastic ring and I'm not just saying that because I'm selling it. The center stone is a perfect PERFECT old european cut diamond. I can't capture in photos how perfect it is. It's 4.5 mm (approximately .36 ct) and very clean/white. I can't see a single flaw under loupe. The side melee are equally perfect and white. The face of the ring is 13.4 mm x 13.36 and weighs 3.6 grams.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_7431.JPG

I love the sentiment and they're very pretty too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing my aquamarine necklace this morning.

aquamarinenecklaceonmyneck.png

With 3 of my antique bands.
Bubbalah is resting in her jewelry box for now.

frenchcutsapphirebandsinglecutdiamondbandandengravedplatinumband.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_7431.JPG

Love that story- beautiful. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day 4 is my romantic soon to be rhr. Its been shipped to DK for sizing and hopefully I'll have it back in time for Valentine's. I'm so enjoying seeing everyone's beautiful pieces. 20200127_192242.jpg

Perfect for Valentine's day and I hope DK has it back to you in time. Love it. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results