shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show your romantic pieces for 14 days of February!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I’ll share some of my favorite earlier romantic pieces, as in earlier in our relationship. He bought me the moonstone necklace first, and a few months later the bracelet. I still get that thrill of how excited I was when I look at them.
4954DDBB-C9E0-4EDB-909D-FD1EDA2BB0F9.jpeg A00BBB7A-5645-4D8B-800E-57961B5455D3.jpeg

I love moonstone! Beautiful pieces.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, almost ALL of my jewelry is romantic, given to me by my husband ...but I’ll start with my rhodochrosite pendant which will be arriving this week. The Love-o-Chrosite pendant lol!

E2555605-C513-4D40-8C62-66A0D6F72BA8.jpeg BE1D12A7-DA31-447B-961F-3A47E8BE19F8.jpeg CFB9AD94-5F27-4739-883E-7CA82601E27D.jpeg 983E595E-DAC0-46AD-9F76-0E0BBE57C74C.jpeg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING!!!!Bluegemz:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20200202_150950.jpg

When my dad proposed to my mom with her diamond ring, she decided he needed a ring too. So, here's my dad's engagement ring. I'm sure it's synthetic, but I always loved the color. It reminds me of the red in stained glass windows. Anyway, staring at my dad's ring, was when I realized my hands look exactly like my dad's, smaller but identical nonetheless. I was always a little embarrassed that I had "man hands". But now that my dad is gone, I so appreciate how much my hands look like his. I wish I would have taken a pic of our hands together. Funny how looking at jewelry can lead you down memory lane.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think my ring will be done in time to add to this sweet thread!
It definetely counts as romantic!

I'm using two brown/champagne-y 3mm diamonds that Ive had for years and were given to me by my mother
& I found their perfect companion this year at a gemstore on my birthday with my beau in early January; a random find amongst crystals was this little perfectly pink garnet.

Its being set now by Daniel M in 14k rose gold, all bezels with some romantic engraving on the band!
I'm excited to finally own such a feminine sweet lil' 3 stone!

20200105_124733.jpg

& Just because it's a Valentines thread, heres some flowers to all of the pretty mama's and daughters, husbands, and fathers out there!

20200114_083035.jpg 20200120_123923_HDR.jpg 20200105_113622.jpg

That color combo is great. I can't wait to see them set.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20200202_150950.jpg

When my dad proposed to my mom with her diamond ring, she decided he needed a ring too. So, here's my dad's engagement ring. I'm sure it's synthetic, but I always loved the color. It reminds me of the red in stained glass windows. Anyway, staring at my dad's ring, was when I realized my hands look exactly like my dad's, smaller but identical nonetheless. I was always a little embarrassed that I had "man hands". But now that my dad is gone, I so appreciate how much my hands look like his. I wish I would have taken a pic of our hands together. Funny how looking at jewelry can lead you down memory lane.

That color is unreal. I love it ❤️❤️❤️
And I love your hands too. Also love what you wrote about them reminding you of your dad. I really appreciate that sentiment and am going to think that way too now.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That color is unreal. I love it ❤❤❤
And I love your hands too. Also love what you wrote about them reminding you of your dad. I really appreciate that sentiment and am going to think that way too now.

Thank you @missy. I appreciate your kind words.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, love that diamond necklace, the old cuts are so charming, nothing like them really.

@Bluegemz, I recall seeing your moonstone necklace before which is gorgeous but I had no idea you had a matching bracelet! You are one lucky lady!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Diamond Girl 21, love that your dad had a colored stone ring, very cool and how wonderful that you have this piece to remember him by. Your hands look great by the way, certainly wouldn't think of them as man hands!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ironically, I was also going to post a necklace today!

The sentiment behind this isn't romantic since it was in memory of my dog but it does have a heart-shaped moonstone. This piece was made by Sally at Heart of Water and the sketch was what she drew up from my ideas.

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_3068.JPG

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20200202_150950.jpg

that is the sweetest story :kiss2:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20200202_150950.jpg

That is such a beautiful color, and lovely piece:)

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The sentiment behind this isn't romantic since it was in memory of my dog but it does have a heart-shaped moonstone. This piece was made by Sally at Heart of Water and the sketch was what she drew up from my ideas.

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_3068.JPG

I'm sorry for your loss. What a lovely and unique necklace. I love it!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, love that diamond necklace, the old cuts are so charming, nothing like them really.

@Bluegemz, I recall seeing your moonstone necklace before which is gorgeous but I had no idea you had a matching bracelet! You are one lucky lady!

Thanks @StephanieLynn! I love your moonstone pendant! It’s beautifully sentimental.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_3068.JPG

I love this Stephanie. It’s so romantic imo (our love for our furbabies is so pure and in a way that is romantic in a pure sort of way) and soft and pretty and also packs a statement. ❤️

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a smile producing thread!
I have 2 pieces to add..
The first is a ring that I found many years ago in an estate jewelry store. It was a men's initial ring that just happened to have my sweet husband's initials!
I loved it and thought it would be so romantic to wear as my wedding band for while. I had it sized down and then added a tiny ruby at the very end to symbolize love.
30 years later we are still going strong..:love:

Next one is a ring that my father actually made for my mother.
He was a dentist and did lost wax casting in his office. He fashioned this ring and my mother just loved it.. it was her "go to" ring for many many years. I love the slight imperfection of it.. truly a gift from the hand and the heart.:love:
IMG_8159.jpg

IMG_8162.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a smile producing thread!
I have 2 pieces to add..
The first is a ring that I found many years ago in an estate jewelry store. It was a men's initial ring that just happened to have my sweet husband's initials!
I loved it and thought it would be so romantic to wear as my wedding band for while. I had it sized down and then added a tiny ruby at the very end to symbolize love.
30 years later we are still going strong..:love:

Next one is a ring that my father actually made for my mother.
He was a dentist and did lost wax casting in his office. He fashioned this ring and my mother just loved it.. it was her "go to" ring for many many years. I love the slight imperfection of it.. truly a gift from the hand and the heart.:love:
IMG_8159.jpg

IMG_8162.jpg

Love both of these so much! My dad was a dentist too and he also made a few Jewelry pieces for my Mom. Love that our dads did this. ❤️

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hey Missy! What a funny coincidence that both our dads were dentists and very part time jewelers ! I feel just the same way about the pieces they made. so so very sweet.:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hey Missy! What a funny coincidence that both our dads were dentists and very part time jewelers ! I feel just the same way about the pieces they made. so so very sweet.:kiss2:

PSers have much in common. Love of gems, love of furry babies and dentist dads for some of us hahaha. ❤️

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For one of my big birthday's hubby wanted to surprise me with a FLY pendant to replace another one I had but didn't really like. He secretly worked with my jeweler to source the center stone. They had met several times to pick out the stone and eventually had everything planned for this new pendant. He worried though because he wanted this one to be one that I would love so he broke down and told me what he was doing. Good thing he did, lol, because I changed pretty much everything on the setting. I love this pendant and hubby loves that I love it. FLY center heart shaped tone with FLY outer halo stones.

DSC_2895.JPG

DSC_2896.JPG

DSC_2891.JPG

DSC_2900.JPG

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
607A89E2-8E8F-4EFE-A8D5-9512A2D4C700.jpeg

I’m a year-round heart lover, but this little pendant feels especially appropriate for Valentine’s day.

It doesn’t have a very romantic story to go along with it. It’s one of the first diamonds I picked out for myself. I had it set, then left it at my jewelers for my husband to come pick up as my Christmas gift a couple years ago. ;)2
It is my favorite pendant. ❤

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
607A89E2-8E8F-4EFE-A8D5-9512A2D4C700.jpeg

I’m a year-round heart lover, but this little pendant feels especially appropriate for Valentine’s day.

It doesn’t have a very romantic story to go along with it. It’s one of the first diamonds I picked out for myself. I had it set, then left it at my jewelers for my husband to come pick up as my Christmas gift a couple years ago. ;)2
It is my favorite pendant. ❤

This is so beautiful ❤️❤️❤️ I love the way you set it and I love everything about it. Gorgeous.

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
This is so beautiful ❤❤❤ I love the way you set it and I love everything about it. Gorgeous.

Thank you so much, Missy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results