shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show your romantic pieces for 14 days of February!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, so many great additions to this thread.

@Rubies-R-Me, how wonderful that your dad made that for your mom and how she treasured it. Also the initial ring is very cool, always fun to find a ring with a loved one's initials.

@Catmom, how wonderful that your husband tried to surprise you and the end result is just fabulous, what a gorgeous piece!

@jbake, love a chunky heart, I can see why it is your favorite.

@OdetteOdile, such a sweet bracelet and as you said very fitting for the month.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
For one of my big birthday's hubby wanted to surprise me with a FLY pendant to replace another one I had but didn't really like. He secretly worked with my jeweler to source the center stone. They had met several times to pick out the stone and eventually had everything planned for this new pendant. He worried though because he wanted this one to be one that I would love so he broke down and told me what he was doing. Good thing he did, lol, because I changed pretty much everything on the setting. I love this pendant and hubby loves that I love it. FLY center heart shaped tone with FLY outer halo stones.

DSC_2895.JPG

DSC_2896.JPG

DSC_2891.JPG

DSC_2900.JPG

Sorry to ask a stupid question, @Catmom, but what does FLY mean? Thanks!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
My contributions.

My late partner decorated my house for me, and I used the money I saved towards this Ruby ring. The Ruby is about 1.7ct, in platinum. It is chunky and substantial with good finger coverage due to the wide band.

It is too blingy for everyday wear, so I have a smaller Ruby ring made instead, in a 3-stone, 18K WG.

They will always remind me of him, the one who gave me the fireworks that I sought in my life. And I miss him to this day more than 11 years since his sudden death from an accident.

DK :))

This is such a beautiful ring and very romantic. I'm so sorry for your loss but very happy for your love that you all shared.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
This morning I am wearing one of my favorite and romantic old cut necklaces.
Though like @Bluegemz I consider all of my pieces romantic for various reasons.

Really hard to get a good selfie shot on the neck so for now hope this will do.

Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 6.50.57 AM.png

Soo beautiful @missy just stunning and I'm sure super sparkly! Very romantic too.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to ask a stupid question, @Catmom, but what does FLY mean? Thanks!

Not a stupid question! FLY means Fancy Light Yellow, the graded color of the heart and outside halo.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
S
Ironically, I was also going to post a necklace today!

The sentiment behind this isn't romantic since it was in memory of my dog but it does have a heart-shaped moonstone. This piece was made by Sally at Heart of Water and the sketch was what she drew up from my ideas.

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_3068.JPG

Soo beautiful Stephanie!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, so many great additions to this thread.

@Rubies-R-Me, how wonderful that your dad made that for your mom and how she treasured it. Also the initial ring is very cool, always fun to find a ring with a loved one's initials.

@Catmom, how wonderful that your husband tried to surprise you and the end result is just fabulous, what a gorgeous piece!

@jbake, love a chunky heart, I can see why it is your favorite.

@OdetteOdile, such a sweet bracelet and as you said very fitting for the month.

Thank you StephanieLynn!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
For one of my big birthday's hubby wanted to surprise me with a FLY pendant to replace another one I had but didn't really like. He secretly worked with my jeweler to source the center stone. They had met several times to pick out the stone and eventually had everything planned for this new pendant. He worried though because he wanted this one to be one that I would love so he broke down and told me what he was doing. Good thing he did, lol, because I changed pretty much everything on the setting. I love this pendant and hubby loves that I love it. FLY center heart shaped tone with FLY outer halo stones.

DSC_2895.JPG

DSC_2896.JPG

DSC_2891.JPG

DSC_2900.JPG

Absolutely beautiful! This is one of my favorite pieces on PS.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Day 3 and I wore my romantic diamond clusters that I got a few months ago from a PSer. My mom wore these in my wedding in December. I wore her blingy earrings so we traded. So now when I wear them, I think of her wearing them on my wedding. And I wore them on my honeymoon. I couldn't get an earshot bc they articulate so here they are on some roses my husband brought me on Saturday. hope everyone had a great Monday. 20200203_200912.jpg 20200203_200921.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day 3 and I wore my romantic diamond clusters that I got a few months ago from a PSer. My mom wore these in my wedding in December. I wore her blingy earrings so we traded. So now when I wear them, I think of her wearing them on my wedding. And I wore them on my honeymoon. I couldn't get an earshot bc they articulate so here they are on some roses my husband brought me on Saturday. hope everyone had a great Monday. 20200203_200912.jpg 20200203_200921.jpg

Gorgeous earrings and how cool that your Mom wore them at your wedding!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh, almost ALL of my jewelry is romantic, given to me by my husband ...but I’ll start with my rhodochrosite pendant which will be arriving this week. The Love-o-Chrosite pendant lol!

E2555605-C513-4D40-8C62-66A0D6F72BA8.jpeg BE1D12A7-DA31-447B-961F-3A47E8BE19F8.jpeg CFB9AD94-5F27-4739-883E-7CA82601E27D.jpeg 983E595E-DAC0-46AD-9F76-0E0BBE57C74C.jpeg

This looks like a huge jolly rancher and I want to eat it! I love it!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium

They're beautiful! And I love how you think of your mom when you wear them.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Not a stupid question! FLY means Fancy Light Yellow, the graded color of the heart and outside halo.

Thank you! I'm particularly glad to know, cause I love your pendant!! :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

These are the dreamiest earrings ❤ and I LOVE that your mom wore them at your wedding and that you wore her blingy earrings. How memorable and wonderful.❤

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19, those cluster earrings are everything, so beautiful and you always have the memory of your mom wearing them on your special day as a bonus!

@stracci2000 what a sweet pendant, love the hearts and the red on the rubies is so pretty.

@maria121, your stack is gorgeous and the light pink is perfect, just a subtle addition, love that!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My romantic piece of the day.

My antique pear earrings from Lang Antiques.

langantiquepeardanglesonears.png

Sorry, selfie earring shots are challenging especially as @bling_dream19 pointed out on earrings that articulate so adding a still shot below. These are one of my favorite pairs though it is hard to choose one favorite.

langantiquepeardangles.png

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

Sorry, selfie earring shots are challenging especially as @bling_dream19 pointed out on earrings that articulate so adding a still shot below. These are one of my favorite pairs though it is hard to choose one favorite.

Missy these are beautiful and the first time I'm seeing them so this is a treat. This whole thread is a treat! I adore these earrings, Antique pears outlined with diamonds on a hook, what could be more romantic? Beautiful and enjoy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy these are beautiful and the first time I'm seeing them so this is a treat. This whole thread is a treat! I adore these earrings, Antique pears outlined with diamonds on a hook, what could be more romantic? Beautiful and enjoy!

Thank you @bling_dream19. I have always loved pear diamonds and this is one way to satiate my desire for them since I rarely wear rings besides my ER and bands.

Though OMG I saw a heart diamond ring yesterday that made my heart stop....if I could wear rings (darn hands and arthritis) I would so have bought that ring I saw. It was amazing and insanely heart-licious. ❤

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Another gorgeous pair of earrings!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today's entry are these diamond and pearl earrings my husband gave me. They are most likely the least expensive pieces I own but maybe the most meaningful to me. When my daughter was in her freshman year at college she got sick and lost her voice like she usually did when she gets sick. Only this time her voice did not come back. She had nothing except for a high pitched squeak for an entire year while Dr. after Dr. tried to figure out what was going on. Eventually we took her to Mayo in Rochester and they knew right away that it was extensive scarring on the back sides of her vocal folds from the numerous viruses that she had had. She needed surgery to get any kind of a voice back and it was scheduled on my birthday. I hadn't even given my birthday a thought. After she was wheeled into surgery and we were in the waiting room hubby pulled out this little jewelry box and wished me a happy birthday. Somehow he had managed to slip out to the local mall and buy these for me. I was floored. He apologized for them being from the mall, sweetie as he is. I didn't care. I just thought that even with all that going on he remembered my birthday.

cmspearlearrings501.jpg

cmspearlearrings502.jpg

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wonderful husband gifted me this fancy light pink diamond eternity band for my birthday. I wear it with my wedding set. I love the subtle color of the pink diamonds. AA2054C7-9D33-4511-B829-48D7304AC00A.jpeg

Love the pink band, but that emerald cut is to die for.:kiss2:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
My wonderful husband gifted me this fancy light pink diamond eternity band for my birthday. I wear it with my wedding set. I love the subtle color of the pink diamonds. AA2054C7-9D33-4511-B829-48D7304AC00A.jpeg

Your pink diamond band is just gorgeous!!!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20200204_101032.jpg

This is a really sentimental ring, and probably the oldest piece in my collection. My great grandfather gave it to my mom after my great grandmother passed away. I inherited it after my mom passed. I really wish I knew more of the history, but the fact that my great grandfather gave it to my great grandmother is romantic enough for me.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
20200204_101032.jpg

This is a really sentimental ring, and probably the oldest piece in my collection. My great grandfather gave it to my mom after my great grandmother passed away. I inherited it after my mom passed. I really wish I knew more of the history, but the fact that my great grandfather gave it to my great grandmother is romantic enough for me.

It looks like the ring of the most beautiful art nouveau mermaid!
Not that you asked but just in case you didnt know, the stone appears to be a beautiful beautiful example of mother of pearl or some other shell I believe. Hence the mermaid reference!

How sweet of you to cherish something so symbolic and be able to wear it near!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
It looks like the ring of the most beautiful art nouveau mermaid!
Not that you asked but just in case you didnt know, the stone appears to be a beautiful beautiful example of mother of pearl or some other shell I believe. Hence the mermaid reference!

How sweet of you to cherish something so symbolic and be able to wear it near!

This is beautiful and soo romantic!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results