shape
carat
color
clarity

Show your colors of the Rainbow! (Including poll)

What rainbow colors do you have (more options possible)

• Red

Votes: 48 45.3%
  • Orange

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • Green

Votes: 54 50.9%
  • Blue

Votes: 66 62.3%
  • Indigo

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Violet

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I have all the colors of the Rainbow in my collection

Votes: 34 32.1%

• Total voters

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, my God!! I am so late to this party. I can't believe the beauty!
Acinmom: I always look forward to your beautiful things. You have exquisite taste.
Chrono: your spinel ring is as good as it gets. I am not a red person, but I would kill for that ring.
I haven't seen Catmom's things lately. I have been so busy, I haven't been able to post my newest part of my collection (hoard) until today.
I loved Catmom's zircon studs so much that I have been on a quest to find my perfect pair. I found my perfect pair two weeks ago. It was a vendor's personal stones. She ended up selling them to me.... Actually, they were her mom's handpicked stones and she sold them to me. I'm sure she won't be very happy about it when she finds out. I feel like Catmom is my sister that I have never met. We have a lot of similar items.
I will have to post my rainbow.
I wish my pictures came out half a good as everyone else's
Thank you for the treat, Acinmom!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind words Gem Queen!
Please post pics of your jewelry pieces. Would love to see them :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkliesluver is rocking a bright and saturated rainbow:

_684.jpeg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
019_2.jpg

Here is my newest color of the rainbow- orange! This is my first garnet.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Lisa! Gorgeous rainbow orange garnet. Any ideas on how you will set it and do you have the specs?

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Here is my almost-a-rainbow, at night with less than optimal light:

The reds are sapphire (bottom) and rubies, orange sapphire, yellow diamond, mostly green opal and emerald, blue sapphire, and purple/pink sapphires.

Beautiful colors ladies!

rainbowhand.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aeolianarpa|1446984237|3946964 said:
Here is my almost-a-rainbow, at night with less than optimal light:

The reds are sapphire (bottom) and rubies, orange sapphire, yellow diamond, mostly green opal and emerald, blue sapphire, and purple/pink sapphires.

Beautiful colors ladies!

What a stunning rainbow collection. Thanks for sharing!
Are the bottom two reds and the orange set in Van Craeynest settings?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found a yellow heart shaped Mali garnet that I shall set in a ring.

I know what I'd like to have in terms of green (an EC emerald or a round Tsavorite), and blue (a medium blue Sapphire in Asscher cut).

Orange is the most difficult one for me, and I believe I have found the shade that I like - Fanta/neon orange in the form of Spess garnet. Whether I am prepared to spend the money required to get a nice one is another matter.

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1446999260|3947032 said:
Found a yellow heart shaped Mali garnet that I shall set in a ring.

I know what I'd like to have in terms of green (an EC emerald or a round Tsavorite), and blue (a medium blue Sapphire in Asscher cut).

Orange is the most difficult one for me, and I believe I have found the shade that I like - Fanta/neon orange in the form of Spess garnet. Whether I am prepared to spend the money required to get a nice one is another matter.

Oooh!!! Pics please DK :wavey:
Because of you, heart shaped gems are growing on me 8-)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1446999860|3947035 said:
dk168|1446999260|3947032 said:
Oooh!!! Pics please DK :wavey:
Because of you, heart shaped gems are growing on me 8-)

It is in the latest JD goodies group pic, however, it is not very clear, here is JD's glamour shot of the stone itself:

jdmaligarnetheart1.jpg

It is smaller than the blue zircon heart, and I am planning to set it in this WF ring with a Tsavorite halo (and a plain shank) in order to provide a better contract on my finger (I LOVE this WF ring by the way):

hearttmb_big_dscn4651.jpg

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Hi Acinom and thank you! You're absolutely right, the red sapphire and round ruby are in Van Craeynest, as are the orange and the blue. The pic is so blurry and distant it's hard to see. I'm surprised you see much of interest in my handful, considering the quality of your own, I must say :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk: absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing. I love your setting styles and this one is no exception: it will look amazing.

aeolianarpa : 3 Van Craeynest pieces!! I like :love: :love: you have such high quality stones and settings. Who made your other settings?

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Acinom, thank you! Ornate settings have always floated my boat and when Van Craeynest were heading through their last phase (not that I knew it), I bought a good few ring settings, a couple of necklaces and one pair of earrings from them. The rest in the mixed bag above are Diamonds by Lauren for the yellow diamond, Ritani French-cut pave for the haloed pink sapphire and the opal, and James Meyer for the east-west purple sapphire. The nondescript settings for the haloed ruby and simple emerald ring are from matching nondescript jewelers :)

Ahh, it's great to see some love for old Van Craeynest, I don't think we'll see their likes again, and anything remotely close is reminiscent but totally distinct (like Seven (awesome) Fingers jewelry)!

S

SparkliesLuver

lilmosun, I hope you see this! I meant to ask you awhile ago and forgot. Where did you find your oval cobalt blue spinel?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL's rainbow :love:
Unfortunately there is no seperate thread... yet :naughty:

_2088.jpeg

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Love this thread! Wanted to add my violet/purple sapphire. img_20160220_111250_0.jpg
img_20160220_111245_0.jpg
img_20160217_091027.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous sapphire livannie!!! Such a mesmerizing and unique color. Do you have a thread for your sapphire with more pics?

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
I need to post my rainbow! I love this thread. Such beautiful stones.
Acinmom, always love your paraibas

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you Acinom! I do have a thread on here about it somewhere but don't know how to link it. I believe it's called My new purple sapphire.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gem Queen|1456004386|3993430 said:
I need to post my rainbow! I love this thread. Such beautiful stones.
Acinmom, always love your paraibas

Oh yes, please do!! I found these rainbow colours in your threads :love:

_2106.jpeg

_2107.jpeg

_2108.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, yes! Those!

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I always love when these threads pop up!

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks Acinom! It is hard to photograph sometimes, but I can take good pictures of it in my kitchen. The color/colors seem to change all the time. Sometimes it shows half extinction in certain lighting and in other light it doesn't but it never blacks out in any lighting. I would like to save up enough money to put it in a prettier setting.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
livannie: it sure looks to be gorgeous - what a purple!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Does this count as red?
This is an Orissa garnet (rhodolite) ring I've received as a b-day gift from a friend who knows about my gem obsession.
It's almost two sizes too big and I've put a home made ring snuggie on it because I think it's rhodium plated and don't want to ruin it by trying to resize.
Anyway, I love it!

garnet_ring_0.jpg

It does bleed color in artificial light and I'm not talking extinction but a loss of color saturation. It's still pretty because it sparkles like crazy, think I'm gonna get a pendant too or a pair of earrings next.

S

SparkliesLuver

I love seeing all the beautiful colors and great designs on this thread. :dance: :clap: :love: Keep 'em coming!

Acinom, I figured I'd share some new photos that my best friend helped me with the other weekend. They're not 100% but they're decent, considering group shots are really hard. :oops:

img_11689.jpg

img_11690.jpg

img_11691.jpg

img_11692.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results