shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire Bezel Ring - David Klass

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
New ring, yay! 1.86ct, 7.1mm sapphire (Gemfix) in 18K yellow gold. David was fantastic to work with, again -- I had an inspiration ring for the general shape of the shank (flared, with marquise cutouts) but the original had diamond melee, which I wanted to replace with engraving detail (I know, I know, how many people actually want to take diamonds out of the design...) And I hated the original gallery. So David was wonderful about suggesting changes and I absolutely love the result!

Close-up of the engraving with a loupe -- I love that the area around the cutout isn't just left plain, there's very subtle curve carving. You almost can't see it, but it's a finishing touch that adds depth.

yanaazulsapphirebezel1.jpg

yanaazulsapphirebezel2.jpg

yanaazulsapphirebezel3.jpg

yanaazulsapphirebezel4.jpg

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Hand shots!

I'm going to post process shots tomorrow, but the puppy is calling now... Thanks for looking!

yanaazulsapphirehand1.jpg

yanaazulsapphirehand2.jpg

yanaazulsapphirehand3.jpg

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Good grief, woman, that's a gorgeous ring. He does great work.

And I love your sapphire bracelet also.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks amazing! I already admired it on David's FB and I love every single detail about it. I cannot believe the colour of your Gemfix sapphire. What a blue beauty :love:

We are actually double ring twins: I also have an inspired version with bezel with a stone by Gemfix (a rubellite). My setting was made by Brilliantly Engaged. Glad you had such a great experience with Gemfix as well.

Please post a lot more pics.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, that is stunning, the yellow gold looks so rich with your amazing blue sapphire! :love: :love: :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous setting and sapphire!!! Congrats!!!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's stunning!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
God that color is perfection and I saw this on social media and thought "I really hope this is a psers I need more!" I love the all metal shank!

Congrats. You've got something really special

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well, that is stunning! I have thought about that setting without diamonds, too!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, I love this so much. Everything about it. :love: :love: :love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word! What a stunner!

Could you share the dimensions of that glorious sapphire pls? Congratulations on a fabulous new acquisition! :appl:

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Whew! Just incredible! What a wonderful sapphire, with such depth of colour. It looks so beautiful on your hand. And the setting is just gorgeous.. I'm a great fan of yellow gold, and I think it looks lovely with the blue.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Love it!!!!!! I want!!!!!!

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Love it!!!!!! I want!!!!!!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza! Love Love Love this ring - the rich yellow gold with the saturated blue - and the setting is *perfect* - Congrats on this gorgeous ring!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is absolutely breathtaking! A worthy addition to your set of sapphire rings. I love what has been done with the gallery, and love the engraving. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

We absolutely need more pics, including more hand shots!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
The color is so saturated, both the sapphire and the gold! I love it!

Octobergirl

Rough_Rock
The gold looks amazing with the sapphire, beautiful!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love this!!! Design, color, stone... :love:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything about it. Beautiful!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
OH

MY

GAH....

THIS IS FABULOUS! THAT COLOR! THE GOLD! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.... did I tell you I LOVE it!

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Thanks texaskj, lknvrb4, arkieb1, thecat, Niel, rubybeth, Garnetgirl, lilysweet, marymm, OTL, Octobergirl, SparklySoprano, part gypsy, lorrissey!

Acinom: *starry-eyed sigh* Oh, your rubellite ring. :love: That was the ring that coalesced my decision that my next ring would have a round stone (if not nearly as large!) So even though I eventually found pictures of the original ring, your ring is truly my inspiration ring. I remember that you changed the gallery too!

Tourmaline: Glad to provide one option of a design without diamonds! It started with just thoughts of flowers and swirls where the diamonds were, then David came up with the kite-shaped frame around the top flower, with piercing in and around. It really gives it a transitional Art Nouveau - Art Deco look to it, which I adore.

mrs-blop: the sapphire is 1.86ct, 7.1mm round. The ring is a size 6.5. It has a good amount of silk; the pictures above are when the light hits it, at other times it's a even deep blue. I'm calling this my Ocean Ring -- I know most people think turquoise when they think of the ocean, but I was looking for something that evoked the ocean where the cliffs drop straight into deep waters. Here's a couple of pictures of the coastline a couple miles from my childhood home. I used to go there all the time and sit and stare out to sea...

kalanianaole_3.jpg

kalanianaole_5.jpg

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
distracts: thank you to my fellow sapphire lover, and meant to tell you that I am planning to put together a pocket watch thread over in Jewelry Pieces soon -- I have a collection of ...over ten, lost count at the moment. I hope you are enjoying yours!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it is perfection!! :love: It really does evoke that deep dramatic ocean blue. It's totally gorgeous!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yayyyy I am so happy to see this ring belongs to a PSer!! I saw it on FB and was hoping to come here and see more pics :)

That color is to die for...so rich and deep, it's perfect! I also love that setting and have been admiring ones like it for a while. Congrats on such a unique and wonderful piece!!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, it's gorgeous!! I've always loved that particular setting, but I love the basket modifications you made!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So lovely! Congratulations.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Sublime. Thank you for sharing!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour of the stone is gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yanaazul|1445016216|3938946 said:
Thanks texaskj, lknvrb4, arkieb1, thecat, Niel, rubybeth, Garnetgirl, lilysweet, marymm, OTL, Octobergirl, SparklySoprano, part gypsy, lorrissey!

Acinom: *starry-eyed sigh* Oh, your rubellite ring. :love: That was the ring that coalesced my decision that my next ring would have a round stone (if not nearly as large!) So even though I eventually found pictures of the original ring, your ring is truly my inspiration ring. I remember that you changed the gallery too!

Tourmaline: Glad to provide one option of a design without diamonds! It started with just thoughts of flowers and swirls where the diamonds were, then David came up with the kite-shaped frame around the top flower, with piercing in and around. It really gives it a transitional Art Nouveau - Art Deco look to it, which I adore.

mrs-blop: the sapphire is 1.86ct, 7.1mm round. The ring is a size 6.5. It has a good amount of silk; the pictures above are when the light hits it, at other times it's a even deep blue. I'm calling this my Ocean Ring -- I know most people think turquoise when they think of the ocean, but I was looking for something that evoked the ocean where the cliffs drop straight into deep waters. Here's a couple of pictures of the coastline a couple miles from my childhood home. I used to go there all the time and sit and stare out to sea...

Aww, that's a huge compliment yansazul! So honoured that your beautiful ring is partly inspired on mine. I indeed had the gallery adapted as well.
Enjoy wearing yours!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results