shape
carat
color
clarity

Show your colors of the Rainbow! (Including poll)

What rainbow colors do you have (more options possible)

• Red

Votes: 48 45.3%
  • Orange

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • Green

Votes: 54 50.9%
  • Blue

Votes: 66 62.3%
  • Indigo

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Violet

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I have all the colors of the Rainbow in my collection

Votes: 34 32.1%

• Total voters

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
This thread has been a lot of fun to follow! Thanks for starting it Acinom. So many amazing gems! Nice to have eye candy to look forward to all week.

Mochiko, thanks for letting us peek into your jewelry box! :love: All of your HoW pieces are soooo beautiful!

My 'umble contribution...
2015-09-13_12.jpg
Rhodolite, citrine, Mali garnet, emerald, sapphire and ammy.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1442135003|3927111 said:
img_20150913_165451.jpg
Direct sunlight and indirect sunlight.

So... I might require an intervention. Except for the two Tiffany's necklaces, everything in this photo was acquired in the past two years. I blame Pricescope :Up_to_something:

What amazes me about this photo is that while so many are truly stunning and bright, saturated colors, there is one whose glow blows them all away - your Paraiba is amazing! Heck, your collection is amazing, but that Paraiba just needs to come live at my house now.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun: your babies are gorgeous! You've probably said in an earlier thread somewhere, but where may I ask did you get that perfect looking cobalt spinel? Also, your beautiful paraiba tourmaline in the center?

All these collections are gorgeous. Love your rough, Sungura! Don't know what I would do if I had rough like that. :Up_to_something:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE everything posted in this thread!! :appl: :appl:

I've missed posting on the correct days but it's still been a rainbow of fun to read this thread! A few of my pieces lack photos, I'll have to work on that.

Red...not my color. I have a loose stone somewhere.

Orange Spessartite Garnet outside in a shaded area.
garnet_outside_on_an_overcast_day.jpg

Yellow...not my color.

Green an unset sapphire
overcast_day_on_window_sill_sapphire.jpg

Blue Pre Pricescope Topaz ring and earrings in yellow gold.
blue_topaz_ring_1994.jpg
blue_topaz_earrings.jpg

Indigo Pre Pricescope Tanzanite ring and earrings in yellow gold.
This photo is a bit blurry.
tanzanite_ring.jpg
Better photo
tanzanite_inside.jpg
The earrings are nicely cut.
tanzanite_earrings.jpg

Violet an unset lavender sapphire
lavender_sapphire_on_window_sill.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great rainbow gem pics on this thread! :love:

Here is my contribution:

009_9.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Boy, this is what I get for not stopping in for awhile - I missed all the days of the week, but at least I can contribute to the rainbow. I have a few other pendants that didn't get in the photos, but here are some rings and some of my loose stones. The problem with group shots is it really difficult to get the color / focus right on all of them.

2015-09-13_14.jpg

2015-09-13_0.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Colorluvr!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EVERYDAY IS A GOOD DAY...
FOR A RAINBOW

Great contributions everyone!! Let's keep those rainbows coming. No matter the day of the week. Let's keep sharing our (extended) rainbows here.

lilmosun: wow!! Those babies of yours are glowing. Especially the cobalt spinel and Paraiba tourmaline. Those colors are out of this world. Amazing stones.

evangeline: ah, you have been a 'secret collector' as well. You have a fabulous collection. Thanks for sharing your perfect rainbow. There's nothing humble about it.

Stone Hunter: great to see your personlized rainbow with stones that fit your skintone and personal taste. Especially the spess and lavender stone are absolutely stunning.

LisaRN: you have worked hard as well to collect some amazing colors!! Great to see your lovelies in that candy box. I like!! Your jewels deserve to shine in that gorgeous box.

Colorluvr: oooh! Your PS name is not randomly chosen to say the least!! I wonder if the most luxurious jewelry stores can present a palette like that! Do you have a preference for rainbow colors or do you also collect pastels?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your eye candies!

DK :love:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
My preference is for rainbow colors, but there is one pastel that I am forever on the hunt for that hasn't happened yet. It's a specific color of lavender spinel. I've had pretty pastels before, but don't care for them on my oh so pale skin.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely gems, everyone. :love:

Acinom, thank you for starting this thread. It's so nice to see all these beautiful colours brought together! :)

Sungura, you have an amazing multicolor collection of rough, a true rainbow explosion of color. Do you plan to have them cut? What a good idea to put it on the backlit iPad. I'll have to try that trick. :angel:

Deathspi , thank you for your kind comments. PS is indeed a slippery slope. I even have 3 rings that just arrived today that weren't included in the photo! :bigsmile: I love your stones! Could I ask what the bright blue trillion is? :naughty:

dk, wow, I didn't realize you had so many purples!! Looking forward to your handshots :D Haha I feel your pain on the bank acct thing.. I've definitely used up my spending money so much more quickly after finding PS. I'm trying to pace myself a bit more these days. Although, the big Sept gem show in HK starts tomorrow............ :$$):

lilmosun you have the most amazing collection of stones, I'd say you've made some very savvy purchases in a short period of time too! That cobalt spinel looks so bright!! And that paraiba.... (speechless). I love your jewelry pieces-- too bad there isn't a CS GTG I wish we could have a timeshare for all the beautiful p :love: I've had my fair share of learner stones and learner jewelry pieces along the way, too, but I've definitely learned much faster with all the knowledge on PS.

Evangeline, thank you! Your AVR ring is one of my favorite PS rings, too! :D It's gorgeous. could I ask about the amethyst on the far right? It looks almost exactly like the amethyst cushion I have from Barry! =) Do you know which stones you plan to set first? Any setting ideas yet?

thanks minous. I was very lucky to be able to scoop up that cuprian tourmaline from Chris A. Definitely a case of being in the right time, right place. :angel:

Stone Hunter -- you have a beautiful collection. That spess seems to be the perfect Fanta color and the cut looks really nice!

LisaRN -- your collection is seriously bling heaven!! And is that a blue zircon bangle?? :lickout:

colorluvr.. I have no words!! *fans herself vigorously* Oh my goodness.. :lol: (PS, is that loose glowy green trillion a vanadium beryl, or another type of stone ?)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some AMAZING collections :love: I am going to use the amazing pictures on this thread to show my husband that I do NOT really have a problem :angel:

(minous - The paraiba and cobalt spinel are only about a quarter of a carat each. The paraiba came from a collector friend. The cobalt spinel was a lucky find at a gem and mineral show. I was introduced to the vendor by someone in the trade. I believe he only does a few shows in the US a year and mostly of his business is trade only. It's a Luc Yen spinel mined in KAHU CA which according to GIA is known for electric blue spinels. I didn't realize this when I bought it (box just said Cobalt Spinel, Vietnam). But it caught my eye immediately and, while not inexpensive, the wholesale price made it somewhat affordable. When I got home, I saw KAHU CA written on the back of the box and decided to google it. I had read about the famous Luc Yen spinels here on PS but never seen one IRL much less imagined owning one)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I picked out the stones that best represented each color and came up with this:

Red garnet, no orange, yellow citrine, green tsavorite, blue topaz, indigo tanzanite, violet amethyst

That was thinking I didn't have anything orange. Then I remembered the orange body color of my faceted Welo opal! The pendant itself is a bit of a rainbow with orange, green, and violet, and I realized I don't have any decent pictures of it. It's dark here now and it wouldn't cooperate with my camera, so here's an old pic of the three stones I had set into that pendant...

2010-04-09%2018.10.12.jpg

I'm definitely a cool color person, so I really had to stretch to find the red/orange/yellow part of the spectrum.

img_20150913_225038960.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
This is such an amazing rainbow finale! :love: :love: :love: Everyone that has participated so far has made my jaws drop in awe. :) So many beautiful colors!!! It has really been awesome to see these collections. If I get a chance, I will try to post too since Acinom extended the time for the rainbow. Mine will be definitely more subdued and missing some colors though.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
mochiko42|1442197167|3927401 said:
Lovely gems, everyone. :love:

colorluvr.. I have no words!! *fans herself vigorously* Oh my goodness.. :lol: (PS, is that loose glowy green trillion a vanadium beryl, or another type of stone ?)

It's a Merelani Mint and it truly is a glower!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jstarfireb: gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous to the max! Thanks for posting your rainbow here.
Great choices!

I enjoy seeing everyone's personalized rainbows and part of rainbows. Hope you all keep posting your eye candy.

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Acinom & Lilmosun, thank you for the kind words. I know i'm in a minority, but I mainly enjoy collecting loose stones, so there are no plans to set any of my babies as yet. I have set a few in the past, but it didn't take long before I was picking the stones out again... :oops: Don't get me wrong, I adore the beautiful jewellery here on PS, but since I can't wear my jewellery to work it tends to get neglected, and I just get so much more out of my loose gems. :)

mochiko, thank you! The trillion is a very glowy apatite...no, it's not a paraiba unfortunatly! :((

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun thread idea! So many lovelies already posted here - please keep them coming! I'll got an incomplete rainbow:

I'm not really into red and orange, but do have one orange spess I hope to set in a ring:

rainbowrings.jpg

orangespess.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42,

Last night, I planned and budgeted my trip to LA for the PG Ruckus next year (provisionally booked the hotels already as they are filling up fast), and the piggy bank will be fattening up for the trip from now on, therefore, spending on CS will cut down in favour of saving up for pearl goodies.

DK :))

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blingbunny: Loving those colors! What is that sugarloaf? Blue topaz? It's wonderful and unique. Also love the red/purple on top. Such a great collection!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my partial rainbow set that I can already wear. All are pre-PS, vintage goodies, and gifts except for the large rhodolite garnet cut by Gene that I got from a lovely fellow PSer off of LT. I need to work on setting more stones now thanks to PS. :)

I love the new additions!!!

img_20150914_213211.jpg

img_20150914_214426.jpg

img_20150914_214046.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
_lovesvintage_|1442287688|3927876 said:
Here is my partial rainbow set that I can already wear. All are pre-PS, vintage goodies, and gifts except for the large rhodolite garnet cut by Gene that I got from a lovely fellow PSer off of LT. I need to work on setting more stones now thanks to PS. :)

I love the new additions!!!

Oooh :love: :love: :love: what a beautiful partial rainbow!! I love the understated chique elegance of the subdued color palette. I like!!!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Please keep the rainbows coming. Thanks again Acinom for starting this thread. It's been a lot of fun and also a space where I felt comfortable sharing some of my collection which is primarily smaller gems.

mochiko thanks for starting the trend of the jewelry box pic. I am really enjoying seeing how people store their pieces and seeing them all in one place is like seeing a family reunion picture - fun to see how many I recognize. Thanks lisaRN and colorluvr for sharing your candy boxes. wow!!

Thanks lovesvintage, minousbijoux, mochiko, lovesdogs,katarath, ilovegemstones , lilmosun and others I may have missed, for your kind words about my faceted and rough gems. I love my rough. With the exception of a few of my tanzanites, all are untreated and many exactly how they were dug out of the earth. I have traveled far to see some of Mother Nature's most spectacular works of art (most recently to Patagonia) and it is an utter privelege to own some of her smaller works that I can enjoy any time I want. I do have plans for them. The purple garnet is 13 ct and will be faceted into a square. The cutter picked it out with me and I'm enjoying looking at until it is cut. Other have been or will be drilled or sliced and I will use them in simple jewelry pieces. Others will be polished or shaped ever so slightly and placed in simple rings or pendants. Finally, others will just sit on my east-facing windowsill to make me smile when I open the drapes in the morning. As for my faceted pieces, I having some setting anxiety and paralysis as a newbie to setting so I'll be opening a thread soon to ask for advice and guidance and lessons learned

blingbunny I especially love your sugarloaf. Can you tell us more about it?

evangeline I love how you have arranged your collection. So pleasing to the eye

jstarfireb I love your blue topaz ring. Such a nice saturated color

deathspi I love that you have gems with no setting plans. You will be able to appreciate them for their cut and color and nothing will be hidden by a setting

stonehuner your spes ring is stunning. The color in the shade is yummy

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing your reflections Sungura! Thanks for sharing the plans you have with your stones. Sounds like some great choices.

Made some pics today of my 'stretched rainbow'. As my orange fire opal is in the safe, I used my citrine stacking ring.

_34408.jpg

_34411.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for being late to the Rainbow party but I bring party favours! Can you please let the party crasher in? :halo:

red_spinel.png

orange_spess.png

yellow_fcd.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I have anything that is considered indigo, but I figured since my blue spinel sometimes shows its lavender side, it can pass off as Indigo Day.

tsavorite.png

blue_tourmaline.png

blue_spinel.png

46_ct_brandberg.png

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono!!!! What a rainbow :love: :love: :love:
Thanks for joining the party with your lovelies. I love the strong color of each of your stones as well as the perfect settings you already found for some. Do you have any plans with your tsav and ammy? I like your idea for your glowing cuprian.
Do you have a favourite rainbow color?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Acinom. My boys told me to stop setting my loose stones because the designs I end up with are all too girly for them to wear. :rolleyes: :bigsmile:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom thanks for posting your rainbow family pic. So nice to see all those lovelies snuggled next to eachother

Yay Chrono!!! welcome to the rainbow party. There are a couple pieces you posted I haven't seen yet!! Oh that spess!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono that blue spinel is beautiful! The setting fits it so perfectly, and the ring just 'flows'. Thanks for the additions!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results