shape
carat
color
clarity

Show your colors of the Rainbow! (Including poll)

What rainbow colors do you have (more options possible)

• Red

Votes: 48 45.3%
  • Orange

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • Green

Votes: 54 50.9%
  • Blue

Votes: 66 62.3%
  • Indigo

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Violet

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I have all the colors of the Rainbow in my collection

Votes: 34 32.1%

• Total voters

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Simply amazing, NKOTB! I love the burst of fire.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My rainbow sapphires IMG_1834.JPG

My greens, Boyaca Colombian Emerald ring, and Kagem Zambian emeralds

IMG_1836.JPG IMG_1837.JPG

IMG_1835.JPG

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your glowy ring, Austina!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @minousbijoux, it's not a very good photo, the stone is actually pretty clean, and the trillion diamonds white and sparkly, but I was concentrating on showing the glow rather than getting in sharp focus.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a 5-ct Merelani Mint. The photo is taken with me standing with my back a the well-lit window on a sunny say and merely cropped. We have a very good day today. The stone has a window, but it closes on the hand. 20170928_145223.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, that is amazing, Arkteia! I love it! It's such a nice size and beautiful shape and fresh color.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is a 5-ct Merelani Mint. The photo is taken with me standing with my back a the well-lit window on a sunny say and merely cropped. We have a very good day today. The stone has a window, but it closes on the hand. 20170928_145223.jpg

Another beauty you have there, Arkteia :)

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow I love that mint garnet!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20170928_145325.jpg Need to bump it. We need more contributions. :)) Some of them I plan to use for a bracelet. They are old stock.
Arkteia, That heart is so adorable! What a beautiful and dainty ring it would make. They are all so beautiful!!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arkteia I love that you have all these heart shapes!!! I ADORE heart shapes!!!!!!!

Anymore pictures?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkteia, That heart is so adorable! What a beautiful and dainty ring it would make. They are all so beautiful!!!

Not so dainty, lol. One is shy of 3 cts, two are about 1.7 ct, the heart is about 2cts, and the pink oval also around 2 ct. I am trying to wrap my head around the bracelet concept, as it will be expensive, for sure. So I am thinking of recycling old diamond melee rings - maybe. (Another version would be to go to Costco, buy a diamond bracelet and take it apart).

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not so dainty, lol. One is shy of 3 cts, two are about 1.7 ct, the heart is about 2cts, and the pink oval also around 2 ct. I am trying to wrap my head around the bracelet concept, as it will be expensive, for sure. So I am thinking of recycling old diamond melee rings - maybe. (Another version would be to go to Costco, buy a diamond bracelet and take it apart).
Wow! That’s going to be beautiful! Now I’m even more in love with them, especially the heart. What a beautiful color and shape.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Best thread ever. Here is my collection: IMG_4097.JPG

But I have 6 more stones on the way so will post those later !
I love the colors in your collection! Is your peachy pink trilliant a zircon, spinel, tourmaline or something else?

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you :)
It's a tourmaline ! It's not peachy though. Let me share another pic without the cover :

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg
Your stones and jewelry are beautiful! The tourmaline isn’t peachy at all in that new pic. It’s a gorgeous pink!

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your stones and jewelry are beautiful! The tourmaline isn’t peachy at all in that new pic. It’s a gorgeous pink!

Thank you so much ! I've had it for a year now. It's my best one but it's so lovely I'm afraid to set it

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much ! I've had it for a year now. It's my best one but it's so lovely I'm afraid to set it
You’re welcome! I don’t blame you for being wary about setting it. I would shop around for a jeweler who sets all kinds of colored stones, not just the handful you find in most jewelry stores. Have fun and good luck!

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You’re welcome! I don’t blame you for being wary about setting it. I would shop around for a jeweler who sets all kinds of colored stones, not just the handful you find in most jewelry stores. Have fun and good luck!

Ive been burnt twice by scratches on my stones hence the apprehension ! I always tell myself to buy a complete ring now but somehow I always find a great setting with an ordinary stone or a great stone with an ordinary ring. And it's always priced WAY higher than if I had it made myself.

So yes I'm looking around. There will be a singapore jewellery fair end of this month so I'm hoping I find someone good there :)

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
spinelonagoodgay1.jpg mintgarnet123.jpg spinelringinthe sun2.jpg Today was a good sunny day to take a pic of my spinel ring and a small mint garnet
The garnet is very bright I don't know yet what I shall make out of it, maybe pair with a demantoid and some other garnet.

Last edited:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
spinelonagoodgay1.jpg mintgarnet123.jpg spinelringinthe sun2.jpg Today was a good sunny day to take a pic of my spinel ring and a small mint garnet
The garnet is very bright I don't know yet what I shall make out of it, maybe pair with a demantoid and some other garnet.

I'm so pleased you posted this. I spent an inordinate amount of time last night looking for pictures of your spinel to use as an inspiration pic. Did you ever post a thread about it? It's truly stunning and very unusual. May I ask who made this for you?

Suzanne

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so pleased you posted this. I spent an inordinate amount of time last night looking for pictures of your spinel to use as an inspiration pic. Did you ever post a thread about it? It's truly stunning and very unusual. May I ask who made this for you?

Suzanne

Surely. I shall be happy to share their name. Vizanti Jewelry in WA. They are really good. The photo was taken in front of their office yesterday; I stopped by to look at a CAD; they also cleaned my ring and the light was so good outside the office on my way back! The jeweler ran into me standing outside, taking photos... a totally obsessed gem lady, lol!

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
393A56F0-426A-4802-B968-0A5CEA89DEBA.png

Lovely ! That mint is just so pretty. Where did you get it? Is it about 6mm ? It would look lovely in this

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Gemobsessed! The ring looked so lovely, I almost pushed "Add to cart" sign on your screenshot, lol! But I think the stone is larger and also, I plan to add it to two other stones, like a three-stone ring.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
C70E737F-3E03-42D4-9F94-FCB7497FABAA.jpeg
Thank you, Gemobsessed! The ring looked so lovely, I almost pushed "Add to cart" sign on your screenshot, lol! But I think the stone is larger and also, I plan to add it to two other stones, like a three-stone ring.

I’m so excited for you!! Three stone rings can be lovely. My favourite so far is mochiko’s. What stones are you thinking of! Also where did you get the lovely mint?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi again,
Well, I have a demantoids, Nigerian but well-cut and 3ct, round, I planned to flank it with spessartites (unbelievably but they pull out its blue tones) only I don't have two round ones. I thought, maybe a spessartite and a mint, then.

This stone is a recut, I am recycling old stock. It was a large cab, very minty but included 1/2, so I recut the good side and might still can the other one.

Mochiko's ring is awesome! Love mulgrain.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi again,
Well, I have a demantoids, Nigerian but well-cut and 3ct, round, I planned to flank it with spessartites (unbelievably but they pull out its blue tones) only I don't have two round ones. I thought, maybe a spessartite and a mint, then.

This stone is a recut, I am recycling old stock. It was a large cab, very minty but included 1/2, so I recut the good side and might still can the other one.

Mochiko's ring is awesome! Love mulgrain.

I would have never thought of mint and spess! Do share when finished

Wow I can’t believe you can get a faceted stone like this from a cab? I thought cabs are made from rough that can’t be faceted or something. Well the recut turned out damnfine. Dan stair?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results