shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Vintage or Antique Watches!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, I really love all these old watches!! They are just soooo beautiful. There''s something about them that really calls to me. If something from the 1979 - 1980 era counts as vintage[I think it just squeaks in] then here''s mine. It''s a tricolor gold Geneve.

cmsgoldwatch502.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful watch Anne!! The band would be too snug on my wrist but I''ll definitely be oogling it. Are they are pretty good vendor for vintage watches?

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, so many of you have such beautiful watches I am almost embarrassed to post mine - not very blingy. But I like them. Been spending the past few months totally CONSUMED with taking care of DH's aunt, then cleaning out her house (which was such an enormous job I can't even begin to tell you), and renovating it. She had given me some of her mother's jewelry, some of which I posted already. But since then I now own some of her old watches - not sure if they belonged to DH's aunt or his grandmother. I like to think they were his grandmother's - and I suspect it too because his aunt was not much of a watch-wearer.

First I will post my favorite. It's mainly my favorite because it actually works!
1.gif
But it's also very pretty IMO and I think it looks good on my small wrist. And it's in good shape. (Don't have much time, so the photos aren't the greatest, but they'll have to do. They don't do it justice.)

dscn7033 antique watch.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Here I will just post all 3 watches. The two on the left are mine - courtesy of DH's aunt and possible formerly belonging to DH's grandmother. The one with the black band which I just posted, as I said, does work. But the gold-band one does not. And it also doesn't have any diamonds.
8.gif
But it's kind of a cool looking watch. I wish I could get a better picture of the face for you.

The one on the far right, with white metal, is my Mom's. It doesn't work, but I just recently borrowed it from her to see if I can get it fixed for her. Her mother gave it to her in 1955, and it is engraved on the back. But I have never known it to be in working condition (and thus, never saw my Mom wear it) in my lifetime.

(I just realized this was not the picture I wanted to post so I'll post the one I wanted in the next post.)

dscn7038 3 watches.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Another picture of those same 3:

dscn7034 3 antique watches.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful antiques, OFG!!!!!
36.gif
I hope you can get your mom''s watch working for her.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for opening this thread Andrey!
35.gif

Hey Isis-- You can add yours now!
1.gif

Here is mine.

Vintage Bulova
White Gold
Watch-six/ 3 pointers
Band-six/ 3 pointers
all single cuts.

bwatch4441.jpg

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, this is not mine but I have be waiting to post it somewhere!

Copy of 69801_1_of_8.jpg

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
cool deal coati, you got into the thread! your look is so stunning with that band and that delicate but BIG wedding set

i guess mine is vintage, jewelerman says mid 60''s, omega, runs like a champ... (no sun in the mid atlantic states right now, or EVER it seems)

isis33.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results