shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Vintage or Antique Watches!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I must admit, ever since I saw anne_h''s watch on her tennis bracelet thread I have had renewed interest in acquiring an antique watch. Who knows how far in the future that will come to fruition, but in the time being, I''d love to see everyone''s antique or vintage timepieces! Even vintage inspired would be welcome, if you state that the watch is such.

Any hints on where to find such treasures welcome as well! Thanks!
35.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
You aren''t alone, Firegoddess! Trishy44 has a great thread showing an antique watch she bought off of ebay. (Link) After seeing this and anne_h''s watches I went out to ebay and put what I thought was a lowball bid on a diamond and solid platinum case Hamilton watch. To my great surprise, I won it.
3.gif
It is at the jewelers right now getting a new crystal and being cleaned. Hopefully I''ll get it back and be able to post pictures soon. No blingy band, however. Going to have to figure out what to do about that.
33.gif
I suppose a new tennis bracelet would help!
31.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! I did see Trishy''s thread, along with a generic watch thread where Widget posted her superb diamond and ruby watch that I am totally, totally in love with. If she doesn''t post it here I''ll tag it on this thread as well. I adore it.

I can''t wait to see your watch!!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Recalling that Widget sometimes has dialup issues I am going to post her watch, but I do want her to come and tell us more about it and how she came to own it!! I seriously want to drive up there and grab it from her!!

From the watches thread:
"This one is "Bucherer", Plat, rubies, and rose cut diamonds. After much debate, I THINK the date would be ''20s or ''30s....but could be earlier. There is a dated insription on the back of the case: 1911..."

30.gif

bucherer.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a unique piece FG, thanks for posting it! Hope widge comes to tell us about it.

parkerj

Shiny_Rock
I have a Bucherer watch I bought a couple years ago in Switzerland. It is the cutest thing ever!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have any pics parkerj?

angeline

Ideal_Rock
That is the most divine watch! Looks like a piece of candy. Yum!
18.gif

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Oooh. I love old art deco watches!!

I need to get some batteries so I can take a photo of my watches :)

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my vintage watch. I have a large wrist, so I love the chunky size, and I love that it''s really more like a bracelet that just happens to have a watch face. The bracelet and case are both 14k. According to the shop where I bought it, it''s ca. 1940s, but I wouldn''t be surprised if if were actually a decade or so later.

Watch Eloga 2.jpg

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi FireGoddess,

Thanks for the shout out! :) For those who have not seen what she is referring to, I''m attaching a pic from the original thread. Also, here''s a bit about it:

"It''s from the Art Deco period, with a platinum case, set with ~1.5 carats of single-cut round diamonds (plus those 2 little baguettes). I have never had the diamond weight verified...IMO, it''s possible it''s less than 1.5. The diamonds were sold to me as G color, VS1. I do find them quite white actually. The clasp (not shown) is 14kt WG. I do not know the maker.

The watch is of course totally mechanical, and does work pretty well. It needs winding every morning and and its time adjusted every few days or so (it gets itself a few minutes behind). I found an excellent antique watch repairperson in Montreal - he serviced it once shortly after I bought it and it''s been fine since. I bought it in New York."

This purchase was inspired by a (more expensive) piece I had seen the year before on faycullen.com

There is also a great eBay seller who specializes in vintage/antique watches - holbensfinewatches

I have bought a plain WG one from him before. He actually has a really pretty diamond/solid WG one up for sale at the moment, it has a black ribbon band.

He lists new auctions every week (Sundays I think), so you have to check back often. I have seen a few gorgeous gems in the year or two I''ve been watching him.

Good luck with your quest!

Anne

anne_watch2.jpg

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
This watch belonged to my grandmother. It is Longines and has diamonds and white gold.

IMG_5003.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey FG!!! Are you going to get one soon?
31.gif
31.gif

Vintagebling, I love your watch! Beautiful!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 2:26:17 PM
Author: Fly Girl
You aren't alone, Firegoddess! Trishy44 has a great thread showing an antique watch she bought off of ebay. (Link) After seeing this and anne_h's watches I went out to ebay and put what I thought was a lowball bid on a diamond and solid platinum case Hamilton watch. To my great surprise, I won it.
3.gif
It is at the jewelers right now getting a new crystal and being cleaned. Hopefully I'll get it back and be able to post pictures soon. No blingy band, however. Going to have to figure out what to do about that.
33.gif
I suppose a new tennis bracelet would help!
31.gif
I finally picked up the watch from the jewelers today. I guess it takes a while to find parts for these old watches. Anyhow, here is the ebay description:

"Beautiful ladies platinum and diamond Hamilton wristwatch. Watch measures 13mm across (excluding crown). Measures 37 mm from end to end. Hamilton Platinum case, .90 platinum and .10 Iridium. Watch has 28 diamonds measuring from 1 to 3 points on the case. Watch has a rope bracelet with white gold filled clasp."

This is a really cute little sparkly watch. I am going to enjoy wearing it a lot.

IMG_2354.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fly girl, I love your watch; I am dying reading you put in a low ball bid and won that beauty!!!! SWOOOOON.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are all so beautiful!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
It''s not mine, but I like it.
1.gif

watch_1.jpg

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock

watch_3.jpg

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock

watch_4.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock

Date: 9/9/2007 9:35:18 PM
Author: Skippy123
Hey FG!!! Are you going to get one soon?
31.gif
31.gif

Vintagebling, I love your watch! Beautiful!

Skippy - I ordered a vintage Hamilton from wannabuyawatch.com and it was stunning - but looked so teeny tiny on my not-dainty wrist!!! I ended up returning it. So bummed though - it was gorgeous. Someday!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2007 8:34:55 PM
Author: Fly Girl

I finally picked up the watch from the jewelers today. I guess it takes a while to find parts for these old watches. Anyhow, here is the ebay description:

''Beautiful ladies platinum and diamond Hamilton wristwatch. Watch measures 13mm across (excluding crown). Measures 37 mm from end to end. Hamilton Platinum case, .90 platinum and .10 Iridium. Watch has 28 diamonds measuring from 1 to 3 points on the case. Watch has a rope bracelet with white gold filled clasp.''

This is a really cute little sparkly watch. I am going to enjoy wearing it a lot.
Flygirl, it is a gorgeous watch! It looks very similar to the one I had ordered, except yours has even more bling. GORGEOUS!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG, I''m not a watch wearing so I don''t pay much attention but seeing some of these antique watches could transform me...i just went to wannabuyawatch.com and looked, OMG.....why am I so in love with antiques, I think i was born in the wrong part of the century....

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
You and me both, MrsS!!! This was the watch I ordered - and it was GORGEOUS. I''d just need to lose all my flesh and wear it on my skeletal bone. LOL. To be small-boned....ugh, I''d have totally kept it.

32578wbaw.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG, dang; I think we are always harder on ourselves seriously; I bet it looked beautiful! I am loving this art deco one from their website.
9.gif

30977.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anne thanks for the info - didn''t see it till the thread got bumped now. I will definitely add that ebay seller to my favorites list!!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi FireGoddess,

Did you find a watch yet?

If not, I just spotted one that you might like (with one of the eBay sellers I watch). Although I''ve not bought from them personally yet.

Here''s the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-Platinum-1-6ct-Diamond-Ladies-Wristwatch-Band_W0QQitemZ290176566623QQihZ019QQcategoryZ52567QQcmdZViewItem

If that doesn''t work, go to seller: burgi-n

It''s "Antique Platinum 1.6ct Diamond Ladies Wristwatch & Band" on Buy It Now for $995

The price seems very reasonable, considering the watch is platinum, and the bracelet 14k WG. Although we don''t know the maker.

I find it similar in style to the Hamilton watch you returned, except it has a metal bracelet (with diamonds)! Yum!

Let me know what you think...

Anne

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here''s a pic of the eBay watch.

A.

ebaywatchburgin.JPG

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dad gave me a c.1920s rose gold Rolex. I'll post pics once it's been restored.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results