shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Hehe thanks, and (eek!) yes, the pave onyx 5-motif is indeed on the list!

I went into store to try on the sweet pave 6-motif that @LLJsmom posted a few days ago as it looks amazing on her but when I tried it on, I felt like it got lost on my wrist - I don't think my wrists are as dainty as hers...! Plus, I’m not a fan of wrist stacks; they look amazing but I get bad wrist pain from wearing too much wrist bling and typing on the computer at the same time :lol-2: So a bracelet would have to be standalone piece for both day and night.

I have been thinking about getting a diamond bracelet for a while - I don’t currently own a bracelet (only have a RG/YG bangle), and I think the decision is between a pave onyx 5-motif or a tennis bracelet.

After a bit of PS stalking, please may I call upon the collective wisdom of existing pave onyx owners for your opinion on the wearability/practicality of the piece for daily wear (including whether fingerprints on the onyx bothers you :geek2:) as well as how much you shortened it by / your wrist sizes? @diamondseeker2006 , @Tonks and @oldcutclubmember

I have included a photo of the fingerprinty onyx motifs - was surprised by this because my onyx ring doesn’t get as many fingerprints but that’s probably because of the little outcrop of bezelled diamond in the middle, shielding the onyx from my grubby fingers. Also, because I can’t directly see my other onyx pieces (pendant and earrings), I don’t scrutinise their cleanliness.

(Also compared the pave onyx with a full pave 10 motif in YG - the high quality diamonds look delicious against the WG!)

005EAEE6-458B-48F4-A761-F09958EA16E1.jpeg
B3AEAF78-4311-462E-A518-A90B8E968AFD.jpeg
BAEED617-98CF-4562-A59E-47F7685486CE.jpeg

Both bracelets look fabulous on you! I actually have the sweet pave 6 motif as well as the vintage onyx/pave and much prefer the size of the vintage. But the sweet pave is definitely better for everyday wear.

Yes, the onyx does fingerprint easily but like @Tonks and @diamondseeker2006, it doesn’t really bother me. If I have to mess with the bracelet while it’s on my wrist for some reason, I usually just touch or pick up the pave motif instead of the onyx ones.

I don’t wear the onyx/pave everyday and to be honest I haven’t worked out in a few years but I probably would not work out with this one. On the other hand, I do wear my Cartier love bangle on a daily basis and have worn it 24/7 since I got it 10 years ago. It’s only come off when I was in the hospital to give birth to my kids. It has a ton of dings and scratches but they don’t bother me.

I think my wrist is very similar in size to yours and I got 6 links taken out and I can see glimpse of 3 motifs at once.

I am quoting a couple of my previous posts from this thread below.

I couldn’t remember so I just dug up my work order. It was 6!!
8455A4AB-3FC5-41A3-91EE-22528965BFDB.jpeg

It allows for enough movement but not too much.
2B2753CC-8F48-4EC2-B221-B7377B210870.jpeg

I posted these pics before on this thread when I first got it but here are a few more pics at the shortened length.
34383E10-EB4C-47FF-86C8-790CB7D6AA67.jpeg

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Both bracelets look fabulous on you! I actually have the sweet pave 6 motif as well as the vintage onyx/pave and much prefer the size of the vintage. But the sweet pave is definitely better for everyday wear.

Yes, the onyx does fingerprint easily but like @Tonks and @diamondseeker2006, it doesn’t really bother me. If I have to mess with the bracelet while it’s on my wrist for some reason, I usually just touch or pick up the pave motif instead of the onyx ones.

I don’t wear the onyx/pave everyday and to be honest I haven’t worked out in a few years but I probably would not work out with this one. On the other hand, I do wear my Cartier love bangle on a daily basis and have worn it 24/7 since I got it 10 years ago. It’s only come off when I was in the hospital to give birth to my kids. It has a ton of dings and scratches but they don’t bother me.

I think my wrist is very similar in size to yours and I got 6 links taken out and I can see glimpse of 3 motifs at once.

I am quoting a couple of my previous posts from this thread below.

Thank you, that's really helpful! What I'm hearing from everyone is that I need to take care of the bracelet a bit more than I do my Cartier/Hermes solid gold bangles (which makes sense)... I'll have to think how it fits into my lifestyle. Thanks again!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe thanks, and (eek!) yes, the pave onyx 5-motif is indeed on the list!

I went into store to try on the sweet pave 6-motif that @LLJsmom posted a few days ago as it looks amazing on her but when I tried it on, I felt like it got lost on my wrist - I don't think my wrists are as dainty as hers...! Plus, I’m not a fan of wrist stacks; they look amazing but I get bad wrist pain from wearing too much wrist bling and typing on the computer at the same time :lol-2: So a bracelet would have to be standalone piece for both day and night.

I have been thinking about getting a diamond bracelet for a while - I don’t currently own a bracelet (only have a RG/YG bangle), and I think the decision is between a pave onyx 5-motif or a tennis bracelet.

After a bit of PS stalking, please may I call upon the collective wisdom of existing pave onyx owners for your opinion on the wearability/practicality of the piece for daily wear (including whether fingerprints on the onyx bothers you :geek2:) as well as how much you shortened it by / your wrist sizes? @diamondseeker2006 , @Tonks and @oldcutclubmember

I have included a photo of the fingerprinty onyx motifs - was surprised by this because my onyx ring doesn’t get as many fingerprints but that’s probably because of the little outcrop of bezelled diamond in the middle, shielding the onyx from my grubby fingers. Also, because I can’t directly see my other onyx pieces (pendant and earrings), I don’t scrutinise their cleanliness.

(Also compared the pave onyx with a full pave 10 motif in YG - the high quality diamonds look delicious against the WG!)

005EAEE6-458B-48F4-A761-F09958EA16E1.jpeg
B3AEAF78-4311-462E-A518-A90B8E968AFD.jpeg
BAEED617-98CF-4562-A59E-47F7685486CE.jpeg

Yeah, if you don’t love the sweet pave then definitely a no. The size is not for everyone. I also wanted to add that I don’t mind the fingerprints on the onyx (and I’ve got five of those motifs) at all. If I see them, I shift them a cm and the light doesn’t hit it exactly and I don’t see the finger prints anymore. Lol! I love the alternating on you. It’s gorgeous. @Tonks really rocks hers in such a fabulous way.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely not work out in the onyx pave, or in my wg Alhambra. For one thing, i wouldn’t want to sweat on the onyx. It would probably be fine but eww. You would see it like fingerprints. Also, I use a lot of chalk. Wouldn’t want that in those tiny perlee edges. And finally, I use wrist wraps to bench press. The alhambras are not big enough to push up my arm over where the wraps would be. The Cartier bangles can go up that far. But honestly, I don’t tend to wear those on bench days.

So I guess what I’m saying is that overall the Cartier bangle seem a big more hardy and I have no qualms about working out in those. I would not work out in a tennis bracelet either, fwiw.

Now, if I were doing something like a barre class or Pilates, my answer might be completely different.

Things I weigh when thinking about any piece of jewelry and exercise:
—Your safety. Never never do rings. Do not google degloving, just trust me on this. No rings unless silicone. If martial arts, no anything as it’s a danger to you and to others. Really consider whether even studs are worth it because repairing an earlobe would be awful.
—Safety of jewelry. Are you going to get it caught on something or bang it?
—Your comfort. If it’s going to hurt, that’s a no for me.

Hope that helps!

I googled degloving.

You were right.

I shouldn’t have.

:eek-2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y’all. So.

This showed up on the website earlier this week.

0969BA4B-766D-4F08-9B5A-3894FE1E0A41.jpeg

Before now, this bracelet was only available in XS, M, and L sizes. The Small could be ordered in theory with no surcharge, but in practice it was one of the pieces on the no-order list.

So here I am - super excited about potentially getting this piece - finally!! The site says Inquire by Phone.

Next morning I text my SA and I inquire by phone with the online boutique. Guess what? Technically, yup, it’s a stock size now. But there’s no inventory. No availability. And this piece is still on the no-order list :lol:

So I’m on the waitlist.

Gotta laugh. :lol-2:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loooooove Moana!

Thank you! It’s the only piece I’ve ever named and probably will never name another bc it feels silly to me. This design kind of begged for it, though: I picked it up pre-loved from Alex Park about a year ago and it really is tdf in person. Just a really cool cocktail ring that sparkles and draws attention. Hee hee

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE this! The WG WMOP is beachy perfection.

(This is soooo on my wish list!)

Thank you! You are always so kind—you have a lovely collection and you’re so easy to interact with here. Just wanted to say that. And I am really enjoying the bracelet and pendant while being mega-careful to keep them out of the sun/sand/water. It wasn’t so difficult on vacation but I’ll be tempted to wear them in hot weather this summer.

So I think I need more WG all metal jewelry…

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y’all. So.

This showed up on the website earlier this week.

0969BA4B-766D-4F08-9B5A-3894FE1E0A41.jpeg

Before now, this bracelet was only available in XS, M, and L sizes. The Small could be ordered in theory with no surcharge, but in practice it was one of the pieces on the no-order list.

So here I am - super excited about potentially getting this piece - finally!! The site says Inquire by Phone.

Next morning I text my SA and I inquire by phone with the online boutique. Guess what? Technically, yup, it’s a stock size now. But there’s no inventory. No availability. And this piece is still on the no-order list :lol:

So I’m on the waitlist.

Gotta laugh. :lol-2:

I wanna see you try on like 8 perlee bracelets (who cares what width) and video them clinking on your wrist. You could set up an ASMR channel on yt just doing that. Haha

mol42

Shiny_Rock
This is my first 5 motif bracelet- carnelian and rose gold guilloche. The SA said it just came out on 6/1. They shortened it to 16cm which is perfect for my wrist.
VCA is so addictive- no wonder this thread is 160 pages and counting. 78B45FC7-DBDF-4D89-91DA-EC8B1613033F.jpeg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
This is my first 5 motif bracelet- carnelian and rose gold guilloche. The SA said it just came out on 6/1. They shortened it to 16cm which is perfect for my wrist.
VCA is so addictive- no wonder this thread is 160 pages and counting. 78B45FC7-DBDF-4D89-91DA-EC8B1613033F.jpeg

Wow, that is stunning! Congrats and welcome to the VCA club!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So beautiful! I feel like I need to start writing sentences on the board: “I will not buy more VCA. I will not buy more VCA. I will not buy more VCA!” Your carnelian looks amazing on you! Thank you for sharing (and tempting!)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously these carnelians are killing me. Now that I’ve vacationed I’m ready for fall ?!!!!! Nuts. I know.

What does everyone do when it’s time for long sleeves? No more bracelet stacks? More towards necklaces/pendants?

Sorry, not trying to push the season but I’m new and very “how does this work?”

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Seriously these carnelians are killing me. Now that I’ve vacationed I’m ready for fall ?!!!!! Nuts. I know.

What does everyone do when it’s time for long sleeves? No more bracelet stacks? More towards necklaces/pendants?

I wear my Vintage Alhambra bracelet with long sleeves. It still shows, maybe not quite as much as with short sleeves, but enough I still get compliments on it. :) I don't know how stacks work in the winter because I don't have them, but I'm betting people still wear them too.

A random thing I've found -- don't assume the white MOP is only for wearing with light colored summer clothes, it looks smashing against many dark sweaters/outfits. I bet it would be fabulous against navy for example. The same is true with the black onyx that I own -- when I first bought it, I assumed it would be best as winter wear being so dark in color, but after owning it a few years, I've discovered it looks even better against light colored clothing because it contrasts nicely and has a visual "pop".

Last edited:

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock

My long sleeves are often pushed up toward my elbows. Or pulled down over my hands (there is no in between, it seems—I’m either doing things and hot or sitting still and cold).

Anyway, I just wear bracelets as usual regardless of outfit.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love bracelets with long sleeves. Those sneak peeks when the sleeves ride up :love: And the fact that you can make them disappear if you’d rather not have bling visible.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flora and fauna theme!

IMG_3923.jpeg

I’m SO EXCITED for your flora and fauna mix and match sparkle wardrobe!!!! I know how carefully you curate your collection and these fit so dang perfectly - a little bit of frill and whimsy with your classics. And butterflies and flowers are meant to be worn together. I love this combo. Even more than I’d love an all-frivole or all-butterfly set. :love:

And omg VCA’s pave. That glitter in icy white metal... If white worked better on me everything I own would be glitter in icy white metal :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Most of the time I like that no one else but I can see them. I wear long sleeves way more than short sleeves and I have more bracelets than anything else.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m SO EXCITED for your flora and fauna mix and match sparkle wardrobe!!!! I know how carefully you curate your collection and these fit so dang perfectly - a little bit of frill and whimsy with your classics. And butterflies and flowers are meant to be worn together. I love this combo. Even more than I’d love an all-frivole or all-butterfly set. :love:

And omg VCA’s pave. That glitter in icy white metal... If white worked better on me everything I own would be glitter in icy white metal :love:

Patience always pays off. Your WG pace collection is off the charts. Congratulations! They look absolutely amazing you. What a set.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hellooo Ally T!
Thanks for sharing the fun! I am equallly as enthusiastic as you about finding the catalog that a vintage piece is in. So fun when you find it! It's true detective work.
I have one more example to show..
I bought this Tiffany sapphire "Diana" ring from a NY auction house and then trolled Ebay to find it in a catalog. Not sure which ring it is on this page of sapphires but it certainly looks represented here. :read: 88A2086D-2758-4942-A0EE-0ED056ACA920.jpeg A74E67D5-EC60-44B5-9A37-4B648BB82568.jpeg 9DA18105-238C-4E0F-BBB3-96347ABCA500.jpeg 49689563-02A4-49FE-862C-B3EE7578E777.jpeg 6D650147-D2DE-4FE4-B008-2CBE8710D643.jpeg

I love this! And I REALLY love when somebody snags a piece of jewellery that turns out to be way more than they thought it would :kiss2:

Can you post a hand shot?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results