shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

mjea

Shiny_Rock
We have the same wrist size and here is mine shortened. VCA didn’t care that there are different number of links between the motifs. If it were any shorter it would be incredibly hard for me to put this on by myself lol 6577133D-F0A7-4C49-A35A-33DBF53E7169.jpeg

How many links did you end up taking out to get this length? It looks perfect!

We have the same wrist size and here is mine shortened. VCA didn’t care that there are different number of links between the motifs. If it were any shorter it would be incredibly hard for me to put this on by myself lol 6577133D-F0A7-4C49-A35A-33DBF53E7169.jpeg

I couldn’t remember so I just dug up my work order. It was 6!!
8455A4AB-3FC5-41A3-91EE-22528965BFDB.jpeg

It allows for enough movement but not too much.
2B2753CC-8F48-4EC2-B221-B7377B210870.jpeg

TY for the visuals!

SA said no can do for adding links at the ends (by the clasps); they'll only resize in between motifs.

So I'm gonna go with removing 6 and see if the difference in spacing will bother me. I figure 6 will be more comfortable even if it's not as visually appealing. I'm pretty sure 4 will still be too loose for me... I might even end up not wearing it as often because of that.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! I think you're right - I think I am! I want it allll.
Re: a 20 motif - never say never, but I'm kind of short at 5'1", so I'd have to try one on and see what it looked like proportionally :) I'm also intrigued by people who wear their two 5-motifs together as a necklace, or add one 5-motif to their 10-motif in different configurations as a necklace.

Definitely I think choosing the more expensive pieces first makes a lot of sense given the sometimes ridiculous price hikes happening across luxury goods these days (lookin' at you Chanel). But also weighing against what you want more and will love more -- definitely would appreciate the carnelian 5 motif over wg/chalcedony earrings, but if I know I want both anyway, makes sense to go for one before the other?

I think I'll try and get an appointment at Tysons in July to play - do you have an SA there that you work with @yssie? Pretty certain VA sales tax is better than CA also so... maybe... we'll see what the jewelry gods have in store for me :Up_to_something:
I don’t have a Tysons SA - I was just randomly assigned one when I went in! But a couple of different SAs wound up actually working with me and my friend to find stuff and answer questions and they all seem very nice and helpful. Sorry I can’t help much there!

My wallet is SO grateful that I'm not interested in Chanel! :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SA said no can do for adding links at the ends (by the clasps); they'll only resize in between motifs.

So I'm gonna go with removing 6 and see if the difference in spacing will bother me. I figure 6 will be more comfortable even if it's not as visually appealing. I'm pretty sure 4 will still be too loose for me... I might even end up not wearing it as often because of that.
My preowned letterwood necklace had been shortened in a really strange way, and I was really worried that the odd shortening was a sign of inauthenticity. My SA - who's been with the brand for a decade now - explained that In The Olden Days there wasn't a ton of oversight of the independent jewellers who are contracted to do simple repairs (including resizing chain pieces)... So even though there *was* a standard way to lengthen and shorten, the various VCA-authorized jewellers would make different decisions about how to actually do those jobs. But apparently in the past few years VCA has really tightened operations up on that front, so these days your lengthening/shortening will be done the same way no matter which boutique or authorized dealer you take it to. Just to help explain why some older pieces do have extra links by the clasps - I've seen that too.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock

I didn't get my bracelets adjusted short enough (I had 4 links taken out) and I don't want to wait for them to go back in for another adjustment, so what I do is twist the chain around inbetween a few of the motifs until it is as tight as I want it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I wouldn't worry about it. The spacing between the motifs will never be equal anyway given there is a clasp and you will never be able to make the distance between each motif the same distance as the distance between the motifs on each side of the clasp. That's why I don't care. As long as it wears comfortably on my arm and does not impede on my daily living, I'm good.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
To the OG Baddies of this thread: how did you plan and prioritize for your VCA wish lists and curated collections?

I have the vintage YG carnelian earrings, and will definitely want either the 5 motif carnelian bracelet, or the guilloche/carnelian mixed motif bracelet one day.

I also want white gold earrings -- maybe the mini frivole? Pave Sweets? Does anyone have advice or pieces you'd get in what order if you could start over?

Additionally - does anyone own vintage WG chalcedony earrings and would be will to share pictures and experience? My SA texted that it would just require a 50% downpayment for either WG chalcedony or WG Onyx.. but I'm more attracted to chalcedony.

Thank you everyone!

Hi mjea,

welcome to the slippery slope and the wishlist. what I’ve learned is to get the pieces I love first and complete metal colors. So I recommend finishing out yg set either with those options you listed. The Carnelian/guilloche is in RG and the all RG guilloche motif is definitely noticeable as being different from yg vs RG stone motif. Also figure out if Your a bracelet, earring or necklace girl. This will prevent your from buying pieces you won’t wear just because they match piece you already own. I am a bracelet lover and that’s wear I concentrate my energy. @yssie has slowly converted me to a slight earring stalker so few items have made my wishlist.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies,

Reporting back from the wilds on NYC…..There was absolutely no stock at Flagship store for me to try on from my wishlist. SA said they sent lot of inventory to Tyson store for their grand opening. They did have few stock items though just nothing that we have haven’t already seen. Also I was so disappointed with the heritage section. It was just a case with few items…..I guess I was expecting a museum lol.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies,

Reporting back from the wilds on NYC…..There was absolutely no stock at Flagship store for me to try on from my wishlist. SA said they sent lot of inventory to Tyson store for their grand opening. They did have few stock items though just nothing that we have haven’t already seen. Also I was so disappointed with the heritage section. It was just a case with few items…..I guess I was expecting a museum lol.
OMG. Seriously!?

I thought the new boutiques got new inventory, made for them - I didn’t realize older boutiques were required to send *their* stock to new boutiques. That’s terrible!! Those poor NYC SAs, inventory was already a disaster, don’t make the salespeople spread themselves even thinner :x2

Well now I’m annoyed. My SA is based out of NYC. The brand should hold off opening locations until they’ve got reasonable ways to stock them. Like. Obviously. C’mon Richemont. :rolleyes:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
What is Tyson? A VCA offshoot?

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Hi mjea,

welcome to the slippery slope and the wishlist. what I’ve learned is to get the pieces I love first and complete metal colors. So I recommend finishing out yg set either with those options you listed. The Carnelian/guilloche is in RG and the all RG guilloche motif is definitely noticeable as being different from yg vs RG stone motif. Also figure out if Your a bracelet, earring or necklace girl. This will prevent your from buying pieces you won’t wear just because they match piece you already own. I am a bracelet lover and that’s wear I concentrate my energy. @yssie has slowly converted me to a slight earring stalker so few items have made my wishlist.

Thank you! Unfortunately I’m an everything jewelry kind of girl but for VCA specifically I’m only interested in earrings and bracelets right now.

You’re right I’ve been thinking about whether to complete the carnelian set first or to order the most expensive on my list - wg/chalcedony earrings - next. I’m just taking my time figuring it out =)2

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is Tyson? A VCA offshoot?
VCA opened a new standalone boutique in Tysons Corner Virginia. Before this boutique the only VCA around was inside the Neiman Marcus there.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Unfortunately I’m an everything jewelry kind of girl but for VCA specifically I’m only interested in earrings and bracelets right now.

You’re right I’ve been thinking about whether to complete the carnelian set first or to order the most expensive on my list - wg/chalcedony earrings - next. I’m just taking my time figuring it out =)2

So that’s great because now you know your focusing on your wrist and ears. I would definitely get bracelet next and then SO for the earrings which have 6 month time anyway. That way they are really spaced out anyway.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
OMG. Seriously!?

I thought the new boutiques got new inventory, made for them - I didn’t realize older boutiques were required to send *their* stock to new boutiques. That’s terrible!! Those poor NYC SAs, inventory was already a disaster, don’t make the salespeople spread themselves even thinner :x2

Well now I’m annoyed. My SA is based out of NYC. The brand should hold off opening locations until they’ve got reasonable ways to stock them. Like. Obviously. C’mon Richemont. :rolleyes:

Apparently they pull from certain boutiques to stock the store. They had some regular pieces but nothing like butterfly earrings or the really great pieces that we are looking for. I did try on 20 motif in tigers eye but it wasn’t anything spectacular. Side note for you I went to see pearls and they were fabulous

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently they pull from certain boutiques to stock the store. They had some regular pieces but nothing like butterfly earrings or the really great pieces that we are looking for. I did try on 20 motif in tigers eye but it wasn’t anything spectacular. Side note for you I went to see pearls and they were fabulous

You went to Mikimoto!? Please share in Pearls!! I want to hear all about it :love:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
You don’t need to tell me twice!
It’s the platinum jubilee weekend, here in the UK. Many of us are off work and there are a few parties and nice dinners to go to, one of which was last night. I stacked it with my tennis bracelet and got compliments from someone at the party (no one ever comments on jewellery here in the UK) Here is a snap before I left, and another at the party
521F1FE2-E0E9-4F3D-B74D-42ED896EAA00.jpeg 45E47C6B-88E3-4210-8415-5B52DA30010E.jpeg 6C2FCE77-2DB1-490F-8775-F909E0116944.jpeg

Also thanks for all the pictures yssie! I think the magic Alhambra full pave rose gold earrings will go beautifully with you dream VCA stack!

This is gorgeous! I'm not usually into stacking bracelets (on me) but when I see yours I'm like "I'm totally into stacks!" Seriously, you have the most beautiful wrist pics -- classic and elegant with an artistic flair.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
IT'S HERE.

20220604_112555.jpg 20220604_113407.jpg 20220604_110804~2.jpg 20220604_111102.jpg

Sadz that I'll have to part with it temporarily to have it resized. Ho hum.

Love, love, love this! So versatile and beautiful.

I'm so envious of yours and Diamondseekers. I wish I could find one too!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know if the WG, WMOP Magic necklace comes in a long chain size? I swear I remember seeing the long somewhere, but I can't remember where. When I look on the VCA website, all I see is the shorter version of the necklace, and I'm specifically interested in the long. *Sigh*

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know if the WG, WMOP Magic necklace comes in a long chain size? I swear I remember seeing the long somewhere, but I can't remember where. When I look on the VCA website, all I see is the shorter version of the necklace, and I'm specifically interested in the long. *Sigh*

I don't think it's a standard stock item. I might be wrong though.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Neither actually! Turns out one of the boutiques happened to have one coming in. I'm not sure if maybe it was a declined SO/MTO? Either way, I put a deposit down and it was mine!

Hi @AnastasiaBeaverhausen
Having seen both RG & YG of this bracelet, I think WG will suit my skin best. It looks so pretty on you :love:
I hope it’s not rude to ask if you paid the SO price?

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Totally fine for you to ask! Yes, it was priced as an SO. Have you been able to try on any hammered WG pieces so far?

Thanks so much =)2
I was lucky to have come across earrings of RG & YG, tried both pairs on & their matte looking metal colors somehow didn’t pop against my yellowish Asian skin, lol :P2. Only seen the WG here, not irl.
Btw I am supposed to be on self-imposed buying ban ( blings specifically) but I can still dream right?

Thanks so much =)2
I was lucky to have come across earrings of RG & YG, tried both pairs on & their matte looking metal colors somehow didn’t pop against my yellowish Asian skin, lol :P2. Only seen the WG here, not irl.
Btw I am supposed to be on self-imposed buying ban ( blings specifically) but I can still dream right?

Drats, it'd be awesome if there was at least a sweet WG bracelet or something available for you to try on. But I know it's slim pickins still. And sorry to hear about your bling ban. On the bright side, rumor has it that WG guilloche will be coming out in November. If so, then you'll soon have two amazing options to choose from. Or...you can get both!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results