shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ya. I just called the e-boutique earlier. That's what the SA said was the latest update as of Friday before Memorial Day weekend.

I might suggest you call the Vancouver boutique to see what they have. My pal bought some earrings recently, and waited a fair amount of time for them.

Oh and Hawksworth Restaurant. Super yum.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
;( Yeesh. I wonder if boutiques have a bit more leeway than the e boutique?

Definitely second calling the boutique before you go to make an appointment and ask about stock. Even if MTO isn't an option right now - at least you'll be able to try some different colours and styles and sizes :bigsmile:

mjea

Shiny_Rock
LOL! Yes, I want to try on the earring version too! Just can't quite commit yet.

Congratulations on the earrings. I heard from my SA that earrings right now are the hardest type of jewelry to score, even the regular pieces that should be in stock. Please post some action shots in regular life. The store lighting is actually not the best, though for the life of me I don't know why that is. Other jewelry stores light up the place to show off jewelry while VCA seems deliberately not to do that.
Out and about today!
4EBCB14F-5AFE-4AB4-8B8D-5F133DBF21CB.jpeg

I want all the carnelian things now :P2
8E0E2299-6989-4338-A2C0-7FA645B63F35.jpeg

mjea

Shiny_Rock
My husband stared at my ears tonight and said, “your next earrings should be white metal.”
I’m a quick learner - don’t gotta tell me twice! :lol: Does anyone know if WG vintage onyx earrings are MTO or SO?:Up_to_something:

I might suggest you call the Vancouver boutique to see what they have. My pal bought some earrings recently, and waited a fair amount of time for them.

Oh and Hawksworth Restaurant. Super yum.
;( Yeesh. I wonder if boutiques have a bit more leeway than the e boutique?

Definitely second calling the boutique before you go to make an appointment and ask about stock. Even if MTO isn't an option right now - at least you'll be able to try some different colours and styles and sizes :bigsmile:

I've tried calling the store twice but couldn't get someone on the line so far. Hopefully 3rd time's the charm?

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
My husband stared at my ears tonight and said, “your next earrings should be white metal.”
I’m a quick learner - don’t gotta tell me twice! :lol: Does anyone know if WG vintage onyx earrings are MTO or SO?:Up_to_something:

A man like that’s definitely a keeper. I think they are MTO. I have the list my SA shared with me somewhere. If they are SO the spend limit kicks in.

mjea

Shiny_Rock
A man like that’s definitely a keeper. I think they are MTO. I have the list my SA shared with me somewhere. If they are SO the spend limit kicks in.

LOL - yes I think I will keep him! Itwas surprising because he really has no interest in jewelry. Like - zero. We’ve been married 11 years and he’s managed to surprise me with a jewelry gift one time:lol: everything else I gift myself.. from him :D

FYI, I reached out to a 2nd SA from a different store and was told the same thing, that they aren't accepting MTOs rn either.

OTOH...I managed to track down a solid hammered WG 5-motif bracelet. It'll still be a bit of a wait until it's in my hands, but yeah yeah!!

P.S. Tagging @Buttercookies because it's all her fault that I've started down this dangerous path.

mjea

Shiny_Rock
FYI, I reached out to a 2nd SA from a different store and was told the same thing, that they aren't accepting MTOs rn either.

OTOH...I managed to track down a solid hammered WG 5-motif bracelet. It'll still be a bit of a wait until it's in my hands, but yeah yeah!!

P.S. Tagging @Buttercookies because it's all her fault that I've started down this dangerous path.

Can’t wait to see and hear about this story!!!! That’s amazing! :kiss2:

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock

5336BB4D-FD28-4A5F-A25E-CFDCA497B780.jpeg

7EE316BB-6E86-43AE-8C5B-987FB7C80713.jpeg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How would I go about stalking, I mean connecting, with a specific SA?

Use the search function and type in vca or van cleef. You could add your city or location of your nearest boutique as well. Due to the algorithm the more you search, the more van cleef it will bring up.

mjea

Shiny_Rock
To the OG Baddies of this thread: how did you plan and prioritize for your VCA wish lists and curated collections?

I have the vintage YG carnelian earrings, and will definitely want either the 5 motif carnelian bracelet, or the guilloche/carnelian mixed motif bracelet one day.

I also want white gold earrings -- maybe the mini frivole? Pave Sweets? Does anyone have advice or pieces you'd get in what order if you could start over?

Additionally - does anyone own vintage WG chalcedony earrings and would be will to share pictures and experience? My SA texted that it would just require a 50% downpayment for either WG chalcedony or WG Onyx.. but I'm more attracted to chalcedony.

Thank you everyone!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just want to send a very big thank you to @Phoenix for passing on the details of her London SA. I’ve been searching for 5 motif in hammered yellow for some time. Stephanie was able to source one for me in a couple of months even though they had stopped allowing clients to pay a deposit to ensure a quick delivery. She was able to get my birthday present to me 5 months early! A65DAEBC-0C87-4201-BB91-BC8A86EB5BAC.jpeg As I had a full day in London (shopping and dinner) Stephanie made sure that I had discreet packaging.
5FE6BCA8-7111-4101-AD84-B86483AE5A47.jpeg

Now do I wear my bracelet now or wait til October??

I just want to send a very big thank you to @Phoenix for passing on the details of her London SA. I’ve been searching for 5 motif in hammered yellow for some time. Stephanie was able to source one for me in a couple of months even though they had stopped allowing clients to pay a deposit to ensure a quick delivery. She was able to get my birthday present to me 5 months early! A65DAEBC-0C87-4201-BB91-BC8A86EB5BAC.jpeg As I had a full day in London (shopping and dinner) Stephanie made sure that I had discreet packaging.
5FE6BCA8-7111-4101-AD84-B86483AE5A47.jpeg

Now do I wear my bracelet now or wait til October??

Now. Wear it now.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To the OG Baddies of this thread: how did you plan and prioritize for your VCA wish lists and curated collections?

I have the vintage YG carnelian earrings, and will definitely want either the 5 motif carnelian bracelet, or the guilloche/carnelian mixed motif bracelet one day.

I also want white gold earrings -- maybe the mini frivole? Pave Sweets? Does anyone have advice or pieces you'd get in what order if you could start over?

Additionally - does anyone own vintage WG chalcedony earrings and would be will to share pictures and experience? My SA texted that it would just require a 50% downpayment for either WG chalcedony or WG Onyx.. but I'm more attracted to chalcedony.

Thank you everyone!

I figured what I wanted by trial and error. If I could start over I would start with the most expensive items first and then work my way down. Often times when I get the most wanted item, the lesser desired pieces fade away.

Figure out your priorities. Do you want pieces for daily wear or special occasion pieces? Are you looking at any pieces just because the price seems more reasonable?

I'll try to find a pic of the chalcedony. I have seen pics. They look beautiful but I am not sure I want another pair of alhambra earrings.

I bought pendants at the beginning, and then discovered (got real with myself) that I just don't wear pendants that much. The pieces that I now prioritize are pieces that are easy to wear and go with everything, which means primarily pave/diamond pieces, and they are mostly bracelets and earrings. A VCA RHR is my next project.

My most loved VCA pieces are the ones I wear the most, my sweet pave studs because I am a stud person, and I love the detailed workmanship of the sweet pave studs. Most people will tell you they are too small. This is very personal, so you need to try them on and decide what you prefer. The second most worn piece will be a new one, not yet ready to share. But my third will be my single row diamond perlee bangle, which I have kinda/sorta coveted for 4 years and took me this long. which I had committed earlier.

For you, I would get the carnelian or some YG 5 motif next. Then I would stop and think what you really want. And if its a pricier piece, save up for it and get that before another filler piece. I would try to be deliberate, and plan in advance. Sounds like you want a YG and WG set. So stick to that plan.

mjea

Shiny_Rock
I figured what I wanted by trial and error. If I could start over I would start with the most expensive items first and then work my way down. Often times when I get the most wanted item, the lesser desired pieces fade away.

[...]

For you, I would get the carnelian or some YG 5 motif next. Then I would stop and think what you really want. And if its a pricier piece, save up for it and get that before another filler piece. I would try to be deliberate, and plan in advance. Sounds like you want a YG and WG set. So stick to that plan.
Thank you, @LLJsmom! So insightful and helpful!

The chalcedony earrings or sweet pave would be the most expensive items I'm eyeing right now for sure. If you are able to find pictures of the chalcedony I'd appreciate it so much!

You're absolutely right. For the season of life I'm in right now, only the earrings or an all gold 5 motif would make sense. Even if I completed the carnelian set with a 5 motif bracelet, it probably would not get much wear right now :|
I think this is where I shake out for the wish list:
- WG earrings TBD
- YG 5-motif bracelet
- YG Carnelian 5-motif bracelet
- WG bracelet TBD

Thank you! This was most helpful

FYI, I was able to finally book an appt with the Vanvouver location through their online system. I don't why know the locations in Canada weren't showing up for me previously. But whatever. I'm in!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stopped in at the Tysons boutique yesterday. Apparently I went in exactly one week after it opened and they'd already churned through a good amount of inventory, but there was plenty left to look at!

It's a really small boutique. Main area out front with a large central display case, and a few more displays on the walls, and a small enclave toward the back with a couple of desks. Seems like most (all?) of the Neiman Marcus staff moved over. Very sweet and helpful ::)

Visits are by appointment only right now.

CASE_1A.jpg

CASE_1B.jpg

CASE_2A.jpg

CASE_2B.jpg

CASE_2C.jpg

CASE_2E.jpg

CASE_2F.jpg

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new Frivole minis with rubies and emeralds.

The single stone pieces really are adorable. Super cute and easy to wear. I liked them both a lot!!

I didn't get to see the new cluster ring... Apparently this boutique didn't receive one of those. I was really hoping to try it on. Or at the very least gawk at it. Definitely one of VCA's more divisive design decisions. :lol:

FRIVOLE_CS_1.jpg

FRIVOLE_CS_2.jpg

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butterflies.

My pics are all of the lapis but they've got some pink pave if anyone's interested!! Definitely ring, maybe earrings and pendant as well?

BUTTERFLY_A1.jpg

Oookayyy. So I'd tried these earrings and ring on once before, eons ago, and remembered feeling like they didn't really suit me. But I wanted to try them on again to see if maybe I was mistaken. VCA's new Butterflies push is *working* - I really wanted to like them!! Sadly... Two Butterflies are not meant to be, for me.

The earrings angle upward a touch just like the small size Frivole earclips. Lovely for someone with dainty earlobes or lower piercings. On me - my lobes aren't dainty and my piercings aren't low - you can see the clip. You can totally see the clip. This particular pair had the post in the bottom hole, but there's only about 2mm between the bottom and top holes, I know that little bit of extra space isn't enough to make a difference on me. That dratted clip ;(

BUTTERFLY_A2.jpg

BUTTERFLY_B1.jpg

BUTTERFLY_B2.jpg

BUTTERFLY_C1.jpg

BUTTERFLY_C2.jpg

BUTTERFLY_C3.jpg

On the other hand I did learn that I don't dislike lapis on me (when accented with YG) quite as much as the paperclip experiment back on page 94 suggested :halo: So I'll be asking my SA to keep an ear out for a pair of lapis Rose de Noel earrings for me. Fingers crossed!! ::) She offered them to me a couple of times last year, and I declined, because of course I did, I've always got to make things as hard for myself as possible :boohoo:

The ring. This ring is hard to wear. I knew that already. And I reaffirmed it. It didn't suit me or the friend I went with. Honestly I don't mind that though, I think it just makes it even more special for people like @m-2-b whom it does flatter. On me the motifs look flat and rigid. On her they look poised to take off any moment. I think it's got to be a finger shape thing.

BUTTERFLY_R1.jpg

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Socrate.

I apparently forgot to take photos of the ring, but it didn't wow me. Very dainty, as far as BTF rings go, and if I'm apparently the sort of person who - if I'm wearing a BTF I want to clobber myself and everyone else with that fact :lol:

The earrings, though... :love: A friend told me her Socrate earrings are her favourite. And she's got a terrific collection so they've had stiff competition for her favour!! Her tastes and mine float the same rivers so I knew I needed to try them on... Yup. They're on my wishlist. Enough sparkle to #Bling but not so much that they're out of place during the daytime - they'd be just fine for work or lunch. And the three flower design is so flattering, no matter what your ear shape. And thanks to all that negative space they're super light on the ears. Just a really attractive and wearable design :love:

SOCRATE_A1.jpg

SOCRATE_A2.jpg

SOCRATE_A3.jpg

SOCRATE_A4.jpg

Rose gold would be ideal. But I also don't want to request any more SOs - I really really prefer to stay within stock. So maybe I'll just get the white. We'll see.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results