shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
I saw a pic of a TE necklace and sent this to some friends literally just a couple days ago :lol:
But no, I don't have any TE. Yet.
What are you thinking about?

IMG_5252 2.jpg

I’m thinking about the vintage Alhambra 10 motif necklace. Only “thinking” at this point as I just received a lovely gift :roll:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone!
Just some "research and development" eye candy from a few days ago. I have the Lucky Alhambra bracelet and I wanted to get another a Vintage one
with either MOP, Carnelian or Tiger's Eye to stack with it. I am shying away from Malachite as that is the only motif on my Lucky that has scratched. We are going on a cruise soon and there is a VCA in one of the ports so I hope to buy it there.

I love the carnelian on you the most. It's rich and doesn't fight with your skin tone and goes with the warm tones on the lucky bracelet. I agree with @diamondseeker2006 that the WG and chalcedony colors don't contrast enough for my taste to pop when stacked. But if you love that cool subtle difference, then go for it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mind me asking how much of a premium it was roughly to special order the WG 5-motif? And is that something in the realm of possibility for a pleb like me? :angel:

Yeah, I don't see why not. It's not a special order, but a made to order if I'm not mistaken. This means that it doesn't have to go through a long approval process, but there is a premium. I think I paid a 35% premium, but it was a while ago, back when it was a special order. I think nowadays it's more structured, and the premium is 30% because it falls under the made to order group. Just ask your SA. I know I can order MTO pieces without any issues.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m thinking about the vintage Alhambra 10 motif necklace. Only “thinking” at this point as I just received a lovely gift :roll:

It all starts with a thought right. For better or worse. :halo:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie, I will peruse that pearl vendor's website. Thank you.

Yes, pleeeease! let me know.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone!
Just some "research and development" eye candy from a few days ago. I have the Lucky Alhambra bracelet and I wanted to get another a Vintage one
with either MOP, Carnelian or Tiger's Eye to stack with it. I am shying away from Malachite as that is the only motif on my Lucky that has scratched. We are going on a cruise soon and there is a VCA in one of the ports so I hope to buy it there.

Hi I love the lucky bracelets. This bracelet was the beginning of my love for VCA. I personally love mop with lucky as this keeps the bracelet light as it has a lot going on. I think the carnelian stone pulls the bracelet too dark. I like the TE with it but only if was stack of three-Lucky, mop & TE.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love these reconnaissance missions..... :razz: :wavey:
:wavey: Hi Sharon!
Always happy to report back.. it's not just a job.. it's an adventure! :lol:

I love the gorgeous chalcedony, but I am not sure it has enough contrast to be great with the mop. For example, I'd buy blue agate in wg immediately if they ever offer it, because I think it would be fabulous with white mop!

I think the carnelian is beautiful with your lucky bracelet! That would be my first choice. The tiger eye also looks great with it. I suppose it depends on which color you'd get more use from considering your clothes. Both are hardy stones, so they'd be good for stacking.
:wavey: Hi diamondseeker2006!
I totally agree with you that the chalcedony is lacking contrast to the MOP. It's a cool mellow look.. very subtle. Very pretty but I don't think my first choice.

:wavey: Hi yssie!
Yes.. it's too bad that the malachite is so delicate.. it's such a beautiful stone. It really scratched up right away the Lucky bracelet.
I loved the carnelian too! It makes the whole look very festive. The first carnelian the lovely SA brought out was very brown and I didn't like it at all. Very dull. Then she searched for another and came out with this one which was bright and lively and much more red. It would make a good "appetizer" as you said. The MOP was the same vibe. Didn't compete with the entree. :lol:

I LOVE the carnelian!! It's bright but neutral - it works great with your Lucky but you could wear it with tons of other pieces too :love: I like TE a lot as well, personally, but in a stack I feel like a little striation goes a long way and the Lucky already has a lot of stuff going on with those colours and shapes and sizes. I like stacks that have one entree and lot of supporting appetizers and your Lucky is definitely going to be the main course of any stack :cool2:

Can I be honest? I like the carnelian better on you than the chalcedony. Your skin just *glows* under those fun filled brights ::) The chalcedony feels more #serious, somehow.

I love the carnelian on you the most. It's rich and doesn't fight with your skin tone and goes with the warm tones on the lucky bracelet. I agree with @diamondseeker2006 that the WG and chalcedony colors don't contrast enough for my taste to pop when stacked. But if you love that cool subtle difference, then go for it.

:wavey: Hi LLJsmom!
The carnelian was a good foil and looking back on the pix I do agree that the warmth is better on my skin than the cool. It's neck and neck with the MOP.
Hi I love the lucky bracelets. This bracelet was the beginning of my love for VCA. I personally love mop with lucky as this keeps the bracelet light as it has a lot going on. I think the carnelian stone pulls the bracelet too dark. I like the TE with it but only if was stack of three-Lucky, mop & TE.

:wavey: Hi Missie1!
The MOP and the carnelian were my faves. I agree totally that the Lucky has a lot going on and it's better to add something to keep it on the simpler side rather than to add another layer of interest.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:On a slightly related note..
When I was a child, my parents were rock enthusiasts and by the 1970s they had a large collection. 3 years ago when I first started loving VCA we were moving my mom into assisted living. While 99% of the rocks didn't interest me these two hunks of Tiger's Eye and Malachite did. I have them on display in my den.. brings back a lot of sweet memories.:love:
Also.. think about how many bracelets could be made from these?? :lol:

F8661684-05EE-4B59-9E7B-82C22DE7CB5C.jpeg

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
When I was a child, my parents were rock enthusiasts and by the 1970s they had a large collection. 3 years ago when I first started loving VCA we were moving my mom into assisted living. While 99% of the rocks didn't interest me these two hunks of Tiger's Eye and Malachite did. I have them on display in my den.. brings back a lot of sweet memories.:love:

What beautiful specimens and a neat hobby! Nice memories I am sure :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous! We have so much in common--my sisters and I got malachite and other geodes from my Mother also!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! We have so much in common--my sisters and I got malachite and other geodes from my Mother also!

:love: Why yes we do Sharon!! Gems from your mom (who I'm sure was a gem too) is truly precious in so many ways now. :love:

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey: Hi Sharon!
Always happy to report back.. it's not just a job.. it's an adventure! :lol:

:wavey: Hi diamondseeker2006!
I totally agree with you that the chalcedony is lacking contrast to the MOP. It's a cool mellow look.. very subtle. Very pretty but I don't think my first choice.

:wavey: Hi yssie!
Yes.. it's too bad that the malachite is so delicate.. it's such a beautiful stone. It really scratched up right away the Lucky bracelet.
I loved the carnelian too! It makes the whole look very festive. The first carnelian the lovely SA brought out was very brown and I didn't like it at all. Very dull. Then she searched for another and came out with this one which was bright and lively and much more red. It would make a good "appetizer" as you said. The MOP was the same vibe. Didn't compete with the entree. :lol:

:wavey: Hi LLJsmom!
The carnelian was a good foil and looking back on the pix I do agree that the warmth is better on my skin than the cool. It's neck and neck with the MOP.

:wavey: Hi Missie1!
The MOP and the carnelian were my faves. I agree totally that the Lucky has a lot going on and it's better to add something to keep it on the simpler side rather than to add another layer of interest.

I wear lucky stacked with MOP, tennis and my loves and let the lucky be the star

Yeah, I don't see why not. It's not a special order, but a made to order if I'm not mistaken. This means that it doesn't have to go through a long approval process, but there is a premium. I think I paid a 35% premium, but it was a while ago, back when it was a special order. I think nowadays it's more structured, and the premium is 30% because it falls under the made to order group. Just ask your SA. I know I can order MTO pieces without any issues.
Mine was $5800 (not including tax) in Oct. 2021. So that should still be the current price.

Thank you so much for the intel! I'm hoping to stop by the location in Vancouver, BC in a month. It'll be my first visit ever to VCA boutique! I'm so excited!

On that note, if anyone has any suggestions for a 1st timer (e.g., an SA I should reach out to first), please feel free to share! I welcome any and all advice.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear lucky stacked with MOP, tennis and my loves and let the lucky be the star

:appl:That stack sounds just lovely! Can you post a pic when you get a chance? I'm always toying with the idea of a tennis bracelet..

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for the intel! I'm hoping to stop by the location in Vancouver, BC in a month. It'll be my first visit ever to VCA boutique! I'm so excited!

On that note, if anyone has any suggestions for a 1st timer (e.g., an SA I should reach out to first), please feel free to share! I welcome any and all advice.
I love Vancouver. Consider stopping at Thierry for an almond croissant and a pistachio mocha. It’s only a 1 minute walk away! Yum! Have a great time!

Attachments

• 572C6D76-8F00-44E3-BD08-13487AAE7E49.jpeg
    572C6D76-8F00-44E3-BD08-13487AAE7E49.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
  • 3EBEDD55-B42E-47D7-B394-5636EA10FF7D.jpeg
    3EBEDD55-B42E-47D7-B394-5636EA10FF7D.jpeg
    305 KB · Views: 43
I love Vancouver. Consider stopping at Thierry for an almond croissant and a pistachio mocha. Yum! Have a great time!

Omg coffee and pastries are my crack. And the two things you mentioned are probably gonna be exactly what I'll end up ordering! I literally just had a pistachio latte and a butter croissant for breakfast today! Darn, now I'm hungry again :lol-2:.

Last edited:

mjea

Shiny_Rock
I love Vancouver. Consider stopping at Thierry for an almond croissant and a pistachio mocha. It’s only a 1 minute walk away! Yum! Have a great time!

Omg coffee and pastries are my crack. And the two thing you mentioned are probably gonna be exactly what I'll end up ordering! I literally just had a pistachio latte and a butter croissant for breakfast today! Darn, now I'm hungry again :lol-2:.

@AnastasiaBeaverhausen please include noms photos with the boutique recon photos :razz::love:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Omg coffee and pastries are my crack. And the two thing you mentioned are probably gonna be exactly what I'll end up ordering! I literally just had a pistachio latte and a butter croissant for breakfast today! Darn, now I'm hungry again :lol-2:.
Hahaha!! Well we definitely have bling tastes and bakery tastes in common. Word to the wise, the almond croissants sell out so call to reserve one in the morning or roll the dice with fate haha.

Black + Blue is a restaurant in the area with a rooftop patio and “appt hour” from 3-5 I think. Not a bad place!

Hahaha!! Well we definitely have bling tastes and bakery tastes in common. Word to the wise, the almond croissants sell out so call to reserve one in the morning or roll the dice with fate haha.

Black + Blue is a restaurant in the area with a rooftop patio and “appt hour” from 3-5 I think. Not a bad place!

Totally adding Black + Blue to my "Places To Go in Vancouver" list.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock

Attachments

• 330FD88A-2B7F-49C8-AD6E-649589ECF452.jpeg
    330FD88A-2B7F-49C8-AD6E-649589ECF452.jpeg
    282.8 KB · Views: 38
  • F5E45DF6-8257-4F4B-A2DC-A449CDC3BB5C.jpeg
    F5E45DF6-8257-4F4B-A2DC-A449CDC3BB5C.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 40
  • F2A1FE45-E14B-4A72-B957-E8D67F4E04C4.jpeg
    F2A1FE45-E14B-4A72-B957-E8D67F4E04C4.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 41

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Totally adding Black + Blue to my "Places To Go in Vancouver" list.

My typo: should say “appy hour” - discounted eats. 2:30-5:30. Joe Fortes does one, too. It’s a great way to try out a swank restaurant while saving money for bling! Ok I’ll stop detailing this thread now. :D

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I'm having this itch! Well, a few itches really:

1) I want to replace my Magic grey MOP pendant. I am not going to SO as I want to be able to choose the grey MOP

2) Still waiting for my SO of LE Onyx earrings (which I'd somehow lost) to be approved.

3) I want to replace ALL (except the RdN) turquoise pieces to YG! (this is gonna be very very difficult to do).

You are right, these GMOPs have a vast range and variances in color, saturation and iridescence! I’m glad that you found the GMOP that you like so that you have a clear idea as to what to look for when you are replacing the pendant!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wah. Looks like VCA isn't taking MTO for now either. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to buy something else until then to tide me over. Whomp whomp.
Wait what? Are you in the US?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results