shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alhambra.

Would y'all believe that I've actually never tried any Alhambra earrings on? :lol: I feel like I've gone about VCA backward... Most people start with Alhambra, I started with a whole bunch of other random lines and I've kind of backed my way into it. But I'm here now :bigsmile:

I want RG pave earrings and I've been waffling between Magic and Vintage. This was the only pair they had left to look at - Vintage onyx in YG. No Magic earrings at all. But that was fine - I just wanted a size check. I'll be going with Vintage, finally final. They'll be plenty big - not huge, but it's not like they disappear on me. This way they'll be wearable casually, and not having to SO anything is a *big* plus in my book!!

VINTAGE_1.jpg

VINTAGE_2.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new Frivole minis with rubies and emeralds.

The single stone pieces really are adorable. Super cute and easy to wear. I liked them both a lot!!

I didn't get to see the new cluster ring... Apparently this boutique didn't receive one of those. I was really hoping to try it on. Or at the very least gawk at it. Definitely one of VCA's more divisive design decisions. :lol:

FRIVOLE_CS_1.jpg

FRIVOLE_CS_2.jpg

Thank you. I was hoping to see these...the ring of course.

But what madness is this...you are wearing diamond studs???? :P2 :saint:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rose de Noel.

They had only one RdN piece - small GMOP clip. That actually worked perfectly for me, though, I wanted to check the size out and I also wanted to see if I like RdN in GMOP.

RDN_L1.jpg

So... I don't care for grey mother of pearl in cab form. Iridescence is suppressed, replaced visually with a cats-eye-esque "sheen". In WMOP cabs the sheen is delicate and satiny. In GMOP cabs the sheen is striking, a bright white "eye" shifting against a very dark grey (non-iridescent - just grey) backdrop... I can see how this effect would appeal to someone else, but to me it reads kind of harsh, especially on my skin. For me the charm of GMOP is its iridescence, and the flat Alhambra slabs seem to bring out the magic of MOP iridescence - so I'll stick with Alhambra for my VCA GMOP fix ::)

The size, now that I did love!! So now I'm extra extra confident that I *need* these earrings in carnelian :bigsmile:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I was hoping to see these...the ring of course.

But what madness is this...you are wearing diamond studs???? :P2 :saint:
I know. I made a conscious effort to choose them! They were sixth on my reach-for list - behind VCA MOP Cosmos, a WSS stud pair, another WSS stud pair, an akoya stud pair, and Little H (more pearl!) dangles. Isn't it horrifying? Madness... :eek-2::oops::lol:

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL - yes I think I will keep him! Itwas surprising because he really has no interest in jewelry. Like - zero. We’ve been married 11 years and he’s managed to surprise me with a jewelry gift one time:lol: everything else I gift myself.. from him :D
My first jewelry surprise after we were married was not a good one, so I have used your strategy for all gifts ever since!

To the OG Baddies of this thread: how did you plan and prioritize for your VCA wish lists and curated collections?

I have the vintage YG carnelian earrings, and will definitely want either the 5 motif carnelian bracelet, or the guilloche/carnelian mixed motif bracelet one day.

I also want white gold earrings -- maybe the mini frivole? Pave Sweets? Does anyone have advice or pieces you'd get in what order if you could start over?

Additionally - does anyone own vintage WG chalcedony earrings and would be will to share pictures and experience? My SA texted that it would just require a 50% downpayment for either WG chalcedony or WG Onyx.. but I'm more attracted to chalcedony.

Thank you everyone!

Okay, I LOVE your carnelian earrings and they are tempting me even though I have told myself I don't need anymore vintage Alhambra!!! The carnelian guilloche bracelet won't work for you because they made that bracelet in rose gold for some bizarre reason. In my opinion, it would be nice if they were consistent with metals rather than doing a couple of random pieces in a different metal. That said, I think the regular 5 motif carnelian is beautiful, and I'd love to have it and the earrings!

For white gold earrings, I wouldn't go with sweet or mini. Either vintage pave or Frivole polished wg or pave would be great choices. I have wg pave and wg mop in vintage Alhambra and they go with almost everything.

I know wg onyx carries a price premium, does the chalcedony? I think you should go with whichever you think would work best with what you wear.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Socrate.

I apparently forgot to take photos of the ring, but it didn't wow me. Very dainty, as far as BTF rings go, and if I'm apparently the sort of person who - if I'm wearing a BTF I want to clobber myself and everyone else with that fact :lol:

The earrings, though... :love: A friend told me her Socrate earrings are her favourite. And she's got a terrific collection so they've had stiff competition for her favour!! Her tastes and mine float the same rivers so I knew I needed to try them on... Yup. They're on my wishlist. Enough sparkle to #Bling but not so much that they're out of place during the daytime - they'd be just fine for work or lunch. And the three flower design is so flattering, no matter what your ear shape. And thanks to all that negative space they're super light on the ears. Just a really attractive and wearable design :love:

SOCRATE_A1.jpg

SOCRATE_A2.jpg

SOCRATE_A3.jpg

SOCRATE_A4.jpg

Rose gold would be ideal. But I also don't want to request any more SOs - I really really prefer to stay within stock. So maybe I'll just get the white. We'll see.

I adore the Socrate earrings! We so rarely see those! I actually really like the butterflies on you because the thing you dislike isn't really visible to me! Actually I am just rooting for the yg pave lapis pair to go with our bracelet! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mjea

Shiny_Rock
My first jewelry surprise after we were married was not a good one, so I have used your strategy for all gifts ever since!
There is a story here I SO want to hear!!:lol: These days I’ve decided I want to be surprised so I’ve shared a photo album with him of things I’d like in varying price ranges for him to study as needed:P2

Ugh thank you I totally forgot about the guilloche being in RG. I guess that makes my future decision easier!!

For white gold earrings, I wouldn't go with sweet or mini. Either vintage pave or Frivole polished wg or pave would be great choices. I have wg pave and wg mop in vintage Alhambra and they go with almost everything.

I know wg onyx carries a price premium, does the chalcedony? I think you should go with whichever you think would work best with what you wear.
Thank you for this advice! I’ll have to get back to a boutique to try on more pieces.
The WG/onyx are $5300 and the WG/chalcedony are $6050, which feels SUPER steep considering what other VCA pieces I could buy with that amount. :cry: But they’re so prettyyyyyy -.-

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alhambra.

Would y'all believe that I've actually never tried any Alhambra earrings on? :lol: I feel like I've gone about VCA backward... Most people start with Alhambra, I started with a whole bunch of other random lines and I've kind of backed my way into it. But I'm here now :bigsmile:

I want RG pave earrings and I've been waffling between Magic and Vintage. This was the only pair they had left to look at - Vintage onyx in YG. No Magic earrings at all. But that was fine - I just wanted a size check. I'll be going with Vintage, finally final. They'll be plenty big - not huge, but it's not like they disappear on me. This way they'll be wearable casually, and not having to SO anything is a *big* plus in my book!!

VINTAGE_1.jpg

VINTAGE_2.jpg

So I think I went through your initial pics relatively quickly and I have to say, I am loving the onyx and YG earrings on you. VA size looks great and super wearable. Elegant and understated but clearly VCA. I’m surprised how much I love these on you. Just sayin.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to send a very big thank you to @Phoenix for passing on the details of her London SA. I’ve been searching for 5 motif in hammered yellow for some time. Stephanie was able to source one for me in a couple of months even though they had stopped allowing clients to pay a deposit to ensure a quick delivery. She was able to get my birthday present to me 5 months early! A65DAEBC-0C87-4201-BB91-BC8A86EB5BAC.jpeg As I had a full day in London (shopping and dinner) Stephanie made sure that I had discreet packaging.
5FE6BCA8-7111-4101-AD84-B86483AE5A47.jpeg

Now do I wear my bracelet now or wait til October??

I am so happy that Stephanie was able to help you.
Socrate.

I apparently forgot to take photos of the ring, but it didn't wow me. Very dainty, as far as BTF rings go, and if I'm apparently the sort of person who - if I'm wearing a BTF I want to clobber myself and everyone else with that fact :lol:

The earrings, though... :love: A friend told me her Socrate earrings are her favourite. And she's got a terrific collection so they've had stiff competition for her favour!! Her tastes and mine float the same rivers so I knew I needed to try them on... Yup. They're on my wishlist. Enough sparkle to #Bling but not so much that they're out of place during the daytime - they'd be just fine for work or lunch. And the three flower design is so flattering, no matter what your ear shape. And thanks to all that negative space they're super light on the ears. Just a really attractive and wearable design :love:

SOCRATE_A1.jpg

SOCRATE_A2.jpg

SOCRATE_A3.jpg

SOCRATE_A4.jpg

Rose gold would be ideal. But I also don't want to request any more SOs - I really really prefer to stay within stock. So maybe I'll just get the white. We'll see.

I really love these on you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore the Socrate earrings! We so rarely see those! I actually really like the butterflies on you because the thing you dislike isn't really visible to me! Actually I am just rooting for the yg pave lapis pair to go with our bracelet! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Our bracelet does need a friend!! This is a buddy system situation!!
The lapis Rose de Noel will suit nicely if they can be found…
If not, well. How desperate will we get? :lol:
0CB07C45-BDF2-4FA1-B446-AF42E26D262A.png

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I think I went through your initial pics relatively quickly and I have to say, I am loving the onyx and YG earrings on you. VA size looks great and super wearable. Elegant and understated but clearly VCA. I’m surprised how much I love these on you. Just sayin.
I think this size will work really well ❤️ Actually I’ll end up with rose gold earrings in “small” (Vintage), “medium” (Cosmos), and “large” (Rose de Noel) - something for every occasion! :bigsmile:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What beautiful specimens and a neat hobby! Nice memories I am sure :)

:love: Hello diamondyes! How did I miss your sweet comment?? Yes.. it was a fun hobby for them for sure. Not for me as a kid though. I was dragged to many a "rock show" and was bored out of my bird. :lol:
But looking back as an adult and it does bring back such nice memories.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stopped in at the Tysons boutique yesterday. Apparently I went in exactly one week after it opened and they'd already churned through a good amount of inventory, but there was plenty left to look at!

It's a really small boutique. Main area out front with a large central display case, and a few more displays on the walls, and a small enclave toward the back with a couple of desks. Seems like most (all?) of the Neiman Marcus staff moved over. Very sweet and helpful ::)

Visits are by appointment only right now.

CASE_1A.jpg

CASE_1B.jpg

CASE_2A.jpg

CASE_2B.jpg

CASE_2C.jpg

CASE_2E.jpg

CASE_2F.jpg

:wavey: Oh thank you yssie for this virtual visit to the Tyson's boutique! I can look at your pix all day. Love your bracelet stack too.. it's a true wow.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Now. Wear it now.

You don’t need to tell me twice!
It’s the platinum jubilee weekend, here in the UK. Many of us are off work and there are a few parties and nice dinners to go to, one of which was last night. I stacked it with my tennis bracelet and got compliments from someone at the party (no one ever comments on jewellery here in the UK) Here is a snap before I left, and another at the party
521F1FE2-E0E9-4F3D-B74D-42ED896EAA00.jpeg 45E47C6B-88E3-4210-8415-5B52DA30010E.jpeg 6C2FCE77-2DB1-490F-8775-F909E0116944.jpeg

Also thanks for all the pictures yssie! I think the magic Alhambra full pave rose gold earrings will go beautifully with you dream VCA stack!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s the platinum jubilee weekend, here in the UK. Many of us are off work and there are a few parties and nice dinners to go to, one of which was last night. I stacked it with my tennis bracelet and got compliments from someone at the party (no one ever comments on jewellery here in the UK) Here is a snap before I left, and another at the party
521F1FE2-E0E9-4F3D-B74D-42ED896EAA00.jpeg 45E47C6B-88E3-4210-8415-5B52DA30010E.jpeg 6C2FCE77-2DB1-490F-8775-F909E0116944.jpeg

Also thanks for all the pictures yssie! I think the magic Alhambra full pave rose gold earrings will go beautifully with you dream VCA stack!

Looks fabulous on you! The Queen would absolutely approve. :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m finally catching up!

Out and about today!
4EBCB14F-5AFE-4AB4-8B8D-5F133DBF21CB.jpeg

I want all the carnelian things now :P2
8E0E2299-6989-4338-A2C0-7FA645B63F35.jpeg
@mjea this looks phenomenal. The carnelian with that crisp shirt and your dark brown hair. :love: You’re a carnelian girl!! I would love to see you get the matching bracelet one day. And another one day thought - would you wear a twenty motif?

To the OG Baddies of this thread: how did you plan and prioritize for your VCA wish lists and curated collections?

I have the vintage YG carnelian earrings, and will definitely want either the 5 motif carnelian bracelet, or the guilloche/carnelian mixed motif bracelet one day.

I also want white gold earrings -- maybe the mini frivole? Pave Sweets? Does anyone have advice or pieces you'd get in what order if you could start over?

Additionally - does anyone own vintage WG chalcedony earrings and would be will to share pictures and experience? My SA texted that it would just require a 50% downpayment for either WG chalcedony or WG Onyx.. but I'm more attracted to chalcedony.

Thank you everyone!
Some wise friends advised getting the expensive stuff on my wishlist first. First because prices will trend upward over time, and second because the expensive pieces tend to check more boxes, so once you get a holy grail piece you might discover that some of the less pricey wants you’d had on your list aren’t so wanted after all! Friends were definitely right, in my case ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations!! That’s a hard to find piece - @Phoenix’s SA came through for you!! ❤️ And a big thritto to not waiting any longer, nothing wrong with a little early birthday celebration! :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IT'S HERE.

20220604_112555.jpg 20220604_113407.jpg 20220604_110804~2.jpg 20220604_111102.jpg

Sadz that I'll have to part with it temporarily to have it resized. Ho hum.
That was fast!!

Congrats!! It looks lovely on you - perfect year-round neutral :love: Hope the sizing is quick!!

mjea

Shiny_Rock
I’m finally catching up!

@mjea this looks phenomenal. The carnelian with that crisp shirt and your dark brown hair. :love: You’re a carnelian girl!! I would love to see you get the matching bracelet one day. And another one day thought - would you wear a twenty motif?

Some wise friends advised getting the expensive stuff on my wishlist first. First because prices will trend upward over time, and second because the expensive pieces tend to check more boxes, so once you get a holy grail piece you might discover that some of the less pricey wants you’d had on your list aren’t so wanted after all! Friends were definitely right, in my case ::)

Thank you!! I think you're right - I think I am! I want it allll.
Re: a 20 motif - never say never, but I'm kind of short at 5'1", so I'd have to try one on and see what it looked like proportionally :) I'm also intrigued by people who wear their two 5-motifs together as a necklace, or add one 5-motif to their 10-motif in different configurations as a necklace.

Definitely I think choosing the more expensive pieces first makes a lot of sense given the sometimes ridiculous price hikes happening across luxury goods these days (lookin' at you Chanel). But also weighing against what you want more and will love more -- definitely would appreciate the carnelian 5 motif over wg/chalcedony earrings, but if I know I want both anyway, makes sense to go for one before the other?

I think I'll try and get an appointment at Tysons in July to play - do you have an SA there that you work with @yssie? Pretty certain VA sales tax is better than CA also so... maybe... we'll see what the jewelry gods have in store for me :Up_to_something:

Oh my goodness!! IT'S GORGEOUS!!! Looks fantastic on your wrist and it's so versatile and "sturdy" where you don't have to baby the motifs.
Congrats!!!
*cue music - So This is Love*

Are you in lurrrve?
Very happy for you!! Hope the resizing is speedy :love:
That was fast!!

Congrats!! It looks lovely on you - perfect year-round neutral :love: Hope the sizing is quick!!

Thanks! I love it to bits. It's fancy and casual at the same time. I'm already wearing it all over the house even though it feels like it'll fall off any second now lol.

I haven't heard back yet from the SA about how many links I should take out. Originally she estimated 2-4 links. But now that I've seen it on me, I'm thinking it's probably better to take out 6? 8 might be a bit much b/c then it won't allow any movement. Thoughts?

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I love it to bits. It's fancy and casual at the same time. I'm already wearing it all over the house even though it feels like it'll fall off any second now lol.

I haven't heard back yet from the SA about how many links I should take out. Originally she estimated 2-4 links. But now that I've seen it on me, I'm thinking it's probably better to take out 6? 8 might be a bit much b/c then it won't allow any movement. Thoughts?

What's your wrist size? When I tried on the carnelian the SA recommended we take 4 I think when I tried on the sizer bracelets. There was minimal movement - maybe an inch or so of wiggle room down my arm - which is how I prefer it. For reference, my wrist is just shy of 6".

What's your wrist size? When I tried on the carnelian the SA recommended we take 4 I think when I tried on the sizer bracelets. There was minimal movement - maybe an inch or so of wiggle room down my arm - which is how I prefer it. For reference, my wrist is just shy of 6".

Wrist size is 5.5". 5.75-6" feels best to me. I'd like a bit of movement so I can pair it with a watch sometimes. I'm not big on stacking (well for now, so knows what the future may hold!).

I poked around the internet to see what other folks have done. I think 6 links would be the sweet spot. But it also seems like sometimes VCA puts up some resistance against it, because it'd either cause the distance between motifs to be different lengths, or they'd have to add a link to each end of the bracelet?

Oh my goodness! That’s gorgeous :)
Did you have to special order it, or did you find it second hand? (I noticed you had a thread in the preloved section)

Neither actually! Turns out one of the boutiques happened to have one coming in. I'm not sure if maybe it was a declined SO/MTO? Either way, I put a deposit down and it was mine!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Wrist size is 5.5". 5.75-6" feels best to me. I'd like a bit of movement so I can pair it with a watch sometimes. I'm not big on stacking (well for now, so knows what the future may hold!).

I poked around the internet to see what other folks have done. I think 6 links would be the sweet spot. But it also seems like sometimes VCA puts up some resistance against it, because it'd either cause the distance between motifs to be different lengths, or they'd have to add a link to each end of the bracelet?

We have the same wrist size and here is mine shortened. VCA didn’t care that there are different number of links between the motifs. If it were any shorter it would be incredibly hard for me to put this on by myself lol 6577133D-F0A7-4C49-A35A-33DBF53E7169.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results