shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, please post pics! It’s so cool that they are so different from each other!

Here you go.

First pic is of my Magic bracelet and the first iteration of my magic pendant.

1653719627856.png

More pics of the grey MOP charm in my Magic bracelet:

1653719657587.png

1653719764574.png

The last is the second iteration of my pendant. I had the grey MOP replaced (it had some very very minor scratches. Should've just left it alone). It was beautiful but not like my first one. So I sold it! lol

I think the grey MOP charm in my bracelet is the one most in line with my taste.

I will see if I can find more pics of the first iteration of my pendant. One of my VCA-crazy friends said it was like the "milky way".

1653720131523.png

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found more pics of the pendant and bracelet (post #794, Aug 2nd, 2019):

1653722733001.png

1653722748375.png

1653722771123.png
1653722786568.png

1653722801166.png

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having this itch! Well, a few itches really:

1) I want to replace my Magic grey MOP pendant. I am not going to SO as I want to be able to choose the grey MOP

2) Still waiting for my SO of LE Onyx earrings (which I'd somehow lost) to be approved.

3) I want to replace ALL (except the RdN) turquoise pieces to YG! (this is gonna be very very difficult to do).

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock

1) I want to replace my Magic grey MOP pendant. I am not going to SO as I want to be able to choose the grey MOP

2) Still waiting for my SO of LE Onyx earrings (which I'd somehow lost) to be approved.

3) I want to replace ALL (except the RdN) turquoise pieces to YG! (this is gonna be very very difficult to do).
Wait omg your turquoise is tdf. Even the beautiful turquoise heritage earrings. If you decide to sell I’m definitely interested in taking some pieces off your hands. Have you started looking for new yg pieces?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I remember when you first got your pendant, and it didn’t quite match your bracelet. I didn’t know that it had gotten scratched and that you’d replaced it and then sold it :(sad

Your bracelet GMOP is really special. I thought that when I first saw your photos - way back when. Thankfully the pendant is stock now… In theory anyway, is inventory as much of a disaster out there as in the US?

Fingers crossed they approve it!!

OhhhhMG… This is going to be a journey for sure... But wait same question as Missie, your heritage earrings as well!? And can I ask about why - just personal preference for the YG with turquoise?

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait omg your turquoise is tdf. Even the beautiful turquoise heritage earrings. If you decide to sell I’m definitely interested in taking some pieces off your hands. Have you started looking for new yg pieces?

You know what? Tb absolutely honest, I'd actually forgotten about the heritage earrings when I typed the post above. I guess it's a case of "out of sight...". They'd been locked away in the bank vault. I've had yet another item of jewellery gone missing recently, so I figured I'd just keep the absolute minimum at home and lock the rest away in the bank. Would you believe that I have never actually had the occasion to wear those heritage earrings yet.

I think if I do get round to selling, it'd be some time next year. I am really focused on getting the LE Onyx earrings first, and then the grey MOP magic pendant and then maybe these. I would have to have purchased the YG replacement pieces first before letting go of these WG ones.

You have first dibs. x

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember when you first got your pendant, and it didn’t quite match your bracelet. I didn’t know that it had gotten scratched and that you’d replaced it and then sold it :(sad

Your bracelet GMOP is really special. I thought that when I first saw your photos - way back when. Thankfully the pendant is stock now… In theory anyway, is inventory as much of a disaster out there as in the US?

Fingers crossed they approve it!!

OhhhhMG… This is going to be a journey for sure... But wait same question as Missie, your heritage earrings as well!? And can I ask about why - just personal preference for the YG with turquoise?

Yes, I was very disappointed it didn't match with my bracelet, which was the whole reason why I'd paid the 30% premium. With hindsight, it was quite beautiful in its own right and I should never have had it replaced. I did disclose the fact that I'd had it replaced to the buyer of the second version. She loves it (as she should). I am just very particular about grey MOP! lol

Inventory is pretty low here too. But I haven't really been to the boutiques. Just heard it from the manager who's my SA.

I really hope they approve my SO. Fingers crossed too. Thanks.

I forgot about my heritage earrings, lol. I love those. It's just personal preference really. I mean I do love my WG turquoise pieces, but I think I just very slightly prefer them with YG. I think the contrast btw the rich YG and the vibrant blue is quite eye-catching.

Will you be getting any turquoise pieces any time soon? Can't wait to see family shots of your amaaazing VCA pretties.

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I was very disappointed it didn't match with my bracelet, which was the whole reason why I'd paid the 30% premium. With hindsight, it was quite beautiful in its own right and I should never have had it replaced. I did disclose the fact that I'd had it replaced to the buyer of the second version. She loves it (as she should). I am just very particular about grey MOP! lol

Inventory is pretty low here too. But I haven't really been to the boutiques. Just heard it from the manager who's my SA.

I really hope they approve my SO. Fingers crossed too. Thanks.

I forgot about my heritage earrings, lol. I love those. It's just personal preference really. I mean I do love my WG turquoise pieces, but I think I just very slightly prefer them with YG. I think the contrast btw the rich YG and the vibrant blue is quite eye-catching.

Will you be getting any turquoise pieces any time soon? Can't wait to see family shots of your amaaazing VCA pretties.

On the upside if they found you MOP that you were happy with once they can sure as heck do it again! Especially now that the stone is a stock piece - ideally once inventory starts coming back in you’ll have a few to pick from. One of these days. I’m ultra picky about my pearls too, all forms of pearls it seems. So I totally get it. For better or worse. :lol:

LOL. Out of sight out of mind indeed!! They’re such fancy earrings, the heritage. I don’t even know where I’d wear something like that. You live a more glam life than me though! So I’ll just keep looking forward to those one day real life action shots ::) Re. Yellow - ah, okay. Just a colour preference. I imagine you’d probably want to buy a full set in YG before rehoming your white so you don’t end up with a mix? But how perfect would it be if you finish your YG set and PSers inherit your WG pieces :bigsmile:

Y’know, turquoise is one of those colours that I think is flattering on basically every skin colour *but* mine! Blueish turquoise turns me yellowey-green, greenish turquoise turns me orangey-green - I’m going green no matter what with the stuff. So I count my blessings, there’s one expense I’m not chasing :lol:

I’ve heard so many conflicting things about SO approvals. But you’re a high profile client, if anyone’s going to be approved for a past release it’ll be someone like you, so fingers are crossed! When did your SA submit the SO request?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More photos. Sorry in advance. But OMG GMOP is something else. I can't stop. Just a few more.

All my favourite Tahitians :love: Aubergine studs and multicolour bracelet are both from Andrew Moline ::)

GMOP_1A.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_1B.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_1C.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_1D.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_2A.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_2D.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_2B.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_2C.png

Last edited:

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
You know what? Tb absolutely honest, I'd actually forgotten about the heritage earrings when I typed the post above. I guess it's a case of "out of sight...". They'd been locked away in the bank vault. I've had yet another item of jewellery gone missing recently, so I figured I'd just keep the absolute minimum at home and lock the rest away in the bank. Would you believe that I have never actually had the occasion to wear those heritage earrings yet.

I think if I do get round to selling, it'd be some time next year. I am really focused on getting the LE Onyx earrings first, and then the grey MOP magic pendant and then maybe these. I would have to have purchased the YG replacement pieces first before letting go of these WG ones.

You have first dibs. x
Omg yes it’s better to be safe than sorry if items are slowly disappearing. I’m hoping that they allow the so for the earrings to go thru. Definitely agree don’t let the wg move until the yg is secured. Whenever your ready I’m here to take them.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
More photos. Sorry in advance. But OMG GMOP is something else. I can't stop. Just a few more.

All my favourite Tahitians :love: Aubergine studs and multicolour bracelet are both from Andrew Moline ::)

GMOP_1A.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_1B.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_1C.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_1D.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_2A.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_2D.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_2B.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_2C.png
Absolutely stunning. The bracelet is reflecting from the pearls and putting out their color. This is so pretty I absolutely love it. I think the earrings look stunning with this piece and you definitely don’t have to get VCA pair unless you get prefer it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GMOP_1A.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_1B.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_1C.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_1D.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_2A.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_2D.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_2B.png

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_2C.png

What kind of witchcraft is this??? :lol:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie, I asked my manager about the SO like a month or two ago. Nothing yet. I've been bugging him a few times. So now, I shall leave him alone, haha.

Your grey MOP bracelet is sooo unusual. Never seen anything like it.

I absolutely adore your pearl bracelet. Any chance you might want to part with it? haha

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have an Alhambra piece with Tiger Eye stone? If so what are your thoughts.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I haven't bought anything yet but I stalk listings daily :lol: I actually think a lot of the US based resellers are sourcing off Rakuten. A few times I've searched for more info on a preowned piece and a google images search turns up the same photos as from some Sold Rakuten listing.

Lol! U should have a look at Japan Yahoo Auctions too. It’s like eBay and even more listings but even more daunting imo than Rakuten.

Interesting about the US resellers…

Your new bracelet looks amazing. Photos are gorgeous as usual. I just pop by periodically for all the eye candies from you VCA ladies and am never disappointed

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone!
Just some "research and development" eye candy from a few days ago. I have the Lucky Alhambra bracelet and I wanted to get another a Vintage one
with either MOP, Carnelian or Tiger's Eye to stack with it. I am shying away from Malachite as that is the only motif on my Lucky that has scratched. We are going on a cruise soon and there is a VCA in one of the ports so I hope to buy it there.

Attachments

• 61A30254-2854-4885-A267-AFFE27E6CD80.jpeg
    61A30254-2854-4885-A267-AFFE27E6CD80.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 57
  • A32FA3EF-3395-431D-AE3E-88736DFC0CC3.jpeg
    A32FA3EF-3395-431D-AE3E-88736DFC0CC3.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 6F5AE723-8832-43CA-9617-06AB5BDF7106.jpeg
    6F5AE723-8832-43CA-9617-06AB5BDF7106.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 56C5C532-04F5-432E-B9AC-7BBCDF5AD1E8.jpeg
    56C5C532-04F5-432E-B9AC-7BBCDF5AD1E8.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 56

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Research and development" part II..
I could also buy the Chalcedony WG to go with my MOP WG..
I was never a fan of Chalcedony but seeing it person it's beautiful! FAEC52F7-ADDB-48F8-9B6C-C7EEF8E558F9.jpeg
All nice things to think about it.

Attachments

• A6A777BA-E932-4DD3-998D-7570FD35D27F.jpeg
    A6A777BA-E932-4DD3-998D-7570FD35D27F.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 41

ksf

Rough_Rock
I received my first Frivole a few days ago. YG mirrored earrings in large size, I fell in love with them instantly. They are very pretty and sparkle beautifully.

Now I have my eyes on the BTF (non-pave) =)2 There is no local boutique where I live, but we are going to Paris soon so I hope to find it there or place an order then. tempImageASHbPz.png tempImagefXI1CA.png

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Research and development" part II..
I could also buy the Chalcedony WG to go with my MOP WG..
I was never a fan of Chalcedony but seeing it person it's beautiful! FAEC52F7-ADDB-48F8-9B6C-C7EEF8E558F9.jpeg
All nice things to think about it.

I love the gorgeous chalcedony, but I am not sure it has enough contrast to be great with the mop. For example, I'd buy blue agate in wg immediately if they ever offer it, because I think it would be fabulous with white mop!

I think the carnelian is beautiful with your lucky bracelet! That would be my first choice. The tiger eye also looks great with it. I suppose it depends on which color you'd get more use from considering your clothes. Both are hardy stones, so they'd be good for stacking.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received my first Frivole a few days ago. YG mirrored earrings in large size, I fell in love with them instantly. They are very pretty and sparkle beautifully.

Now I have my eyes on the BTF (non-pave) =)2 There is no local boutique where I live, but we are going to Paris soon so I hope to find it there or place an order then. tempImageASHbPz.png tempImagefXI1CA.png

You look beautiful in the floral dress and the Frivole earrings! What a perfect combination!

Reactions: CMN

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rubies-R-Me Thank you!! And okay, I seriously had exactly the same thought when I was taking those pics!! If malachite wasn’t so d*mnably damageable I would be dripping in it. I love dark green. I love *that* shade of dark green. And the striations are icing. So I’m so very okay with having other ribbed materials that mimic it occasionally for me… :bigsmile:

@Missie1 It totally does pick up surrounding colours. WAY more than my normal (like, round) dark pearls do. And way more than white MOP does. This stuff is totally chameleon. And I love it more every time I look at it ❤️ 

So I’ve actually been thinking that I’d like some rose gold stud earring options. The only RG earrings I’ve got right now are MOP Cosmos and a pair of opal dangles from CvB - and the opals are super super formal. And they're also super style-specific if you know what I mean? So an Alhambra pave pair in RG checks a lot of boxes. I went trawling through earrings pics on the other forum and I’m feeling even more confident that Vintage is my size, not Magic, but I really want to try some on. Vintage earrings might as well be hen’s teeth right now though… I’ll be in Tysons soon and I’m vaguely hopeful the new boutique will have some :geek:

@LLJsmom Now that’s a question for m-2-b, or maybe DS, she's one bewitching timing, so... :lol:

@Phoenix Ugh. I get it. @LLJsmom is my timing genie and she told me I’d have an answer on SO approval end of May. (I’ll say what it is once it’s paid off, I’ve got this mental hangup about the universe somehow conspiring to snatch it away from me if I say what it is before I pay it off :lol:) But yeah, I’m definitely feeling you on sitting on my fingers to avoid texting my SA for an update…

The Tahitian bracelet :love: So I’ve found out something about myself: Once I get something into my head I’m a dog with a bone until I find it. But then - once I’ve got even just one example of #MyPerfect - that’s it for me. No more. That bracelet is *it* for me for Tahitians :love: Lemme link my Pearls forum thread. And Andrew's on IG as molinepearls. Sorry to everyone else, I know it’s not VCA!!
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-moline-multicolour-masterpiece.263412/

If I see any Magic GMOP pendants when I go to Tysons I’ll take tons of pics for you!! :bigsmile:

@icy_jade Thank you!! So I was thinking a couple of days ago that I remember when this thread was pretty quiet… It definitely wasn’t something I personally was thinking about or looking at. I don’t know when VCA got so popular on here but it definitely seems like it’s on an upswing!!

Japan Yahoo Auctions. Yeah, so I haven’t even bought from Rakuten yet :lol: I chat with another PSer occasionally, and she loves Rakuten, and she told me to bring a full coin purse when I visit Japan :bigsmile: But if everything goes my way the fun fund will be emptied for 2022 within a couple months. Well. You win some you lose some I guess :lol:

Solid gold pieces get so much use. Super low cost per wear. I did a special order for my mom all WG five motif and she has worn it everyday since she got it. It’s been almost a year.

Do you mind me asking how much of a premium it was roughly to special order the WG 5-motif? And is that something in the realm of possibility for a pleb like me? :angel:

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Speaking of all gold pieces does anyone have wear and tear opinions for the YG hammered 5 motif? I had it on my wish list for a long time but when I was at the boutique recently I looked at the pendant version and felt a bit let down by the motif - the general look of it and the weight. On others though and in pictures it looks lovely. I’m on the fence about it now o_O

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone!
Just some "research and development" eye candy from a few days ago. I have the Lucky Alhambra bracelet and I wanted to get another a Vintage one
with either MOP, Carnelian or Tiger's Eye to stack with it. I am shying away from Malachite as that is the only motif on my Lucky that has scratched. We are going on a cruise soon and there is a VCA in one of the ports so I hope to buy it there.
I LOVE the carnelian!! It's bright but neutral - it works great with your Lucky but you could wear it with tons of other pieces too :love: I like TE a lot as well, personally, but in a stack I feel like a little striation goes a long way and the Lucky already has a lot of stuff going on with those colours and shapes and sizes. I like stacks that have one entree and lot of supporting appetizers and your Lucky is definitely going to be the main course of any stack :cool2:

Can I be honest? I like the carnelian better on you than the chalcedony. Your skin just *glows* under those fun filled brights ::) The chalcedony feels more #serious, somehow.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Now I have my eyes on the BTF (non-pave) =)2 There is no local boutique where I live, but we are going to Paris soon so I hope to find it there or place an order then
Congratulations on finding the earrings that you love!! I'm glad you took a chance on them, you sound so happy :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have an Alhambra piece with Tiger Eye stone? If so what are your thoughts.
I saw a pic of a TE necklace and sent this to some friends literally just a couple days ago :lol:
But no, I don't have any TE. Yet.
What are you thinking about?

IMG_5252 2.jpg

Reactions: CMN

CMN

Brilliant_Rock

Those earrings look beautiful on you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results