shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

mjea

Shiny_Rock
I just realized how confusing the word “family” was!! I meant human family, might be the only time I’ve actually meant human family posting on here :lol: They’re going to my mum and I think they’ll suit her very nicely ::)

I need to get to the bank! I’ll take some bling family pics next time I go in ❤️

:lol: I got there eventually after reading one of your replies!
Hope your mom wears in great health! She’s really been showered in bling love recently :kiss2:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My lapis bracelet from @diamondseeker2006 has a new sibling... :bigsmile:

@m-2-b spotted this SO beauty on a boutique visit and DS pounced. But DS soon decided that it wasn't quite right for her after all, and, well, I'm *here* for her VCA castoffs :bigsmile:

I adore iridescence in pearls. Round pearls, baroque pearls, mabe pearls, flat slabs of MOP - iridescence is my top priority!! So y'all know that I've got the Magic 3-motif earrings, I bought those about a decade ago, I thought I knew what Van Cleef grey MOP was about. And... I've had the rose gold alternating GMOP/pave bracelet on my wishlist since it was released, but... I've kinda been deprioritizing it endlessly because I hadn't run into a specimen that I just had to take home. I guess I was waiting for this piece and I didn't know it ❤️

I feel like I knew even from m-2-b's and DS' photos that this GMOP was going to be spectacular. And seeing it in-person now - it really really is :love:

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_1.png

GMOP_2.png

GMOP_3.png

GMOP_4.png

GMOP_4B.png

GMOP_5.png

GMOP_6.png

GMOP_7.png

GMOP_8.png

- - - - - - - - - -

My poor earrings can't compete! :shock:

One more video, I can't not share this one!!

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@m-2-b spotted this SO beauty on a boutique visit and DS pounced. But DS soon decided that it wasn't quite right for her after all, and, well, I'm *here* for her VCA castoffs :bigsmile:

I adore iridescence in pearls. Round pearls, baroque pearls, mabe pearls, flat slabs of MOP - iridescence is my top priority!! So y'all know that I've got the Magic 3-motif earrings, I bought those about a decade ago, I thought I knew what Van Cleef grey MOP was about. And... I've had the rose gold alternating GMOP/pave bracelet on my wishlist since it was released, but... I've kinda been deprioritizing it endlessly because I hadn't run into a specimen that I just had to take home. I guess I was waiting for this piece and I didn't know it ❤️

I feel like I knew even from m-2-b's and DS' photos that this GMOP was going to be spectacular. And seeing it in-person now - it really really is :love:

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_1.png

GMOP_2.png

GMOP_3.png

GMOP_4.png

GMOP_4B.png

GMOP_5.png

GMOP_6.png

GMOP_7.png

GMOP_8.png

- - - - - - - - - -

My poor earrings can't hope to compete! :shock:

I have never seen vca GMOP look this amazing. It’s nuts. GMOP would be outta stock if people knew how beautiful it could be.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never seen vca GMOP look this amazing. It’s nuts. GMOP would be outta stock if people knew how beautiful it could be.
I think outside of the new stores that’s pretty much the story of GMOP :lol: and everything else ;(

So I know that some people do prefer super smooth MOP - and since every colour shift is coming from some texture feature in the nacre I can totally see how someone else would look for a clean grey sheen without the coloured iridescence. That's not me though :lol:

Last edited:

blingthing

Shiny_Rock

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_1.png

GMOP_2.png

GMOP_3.png

GMOP_4.png

GMOP_4B.png

GMOP_5.png

GMOP_6.png

GMOP_7.png

GMOP_8.png

- - - - - - - - - -

This is exquisite, congratulations! :kiss2:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_1.png

GMOP_2.png

GMOP_3.png

GMOP_4.png

GMOP_4B.png

GMOP_5.png

GMOP_6.png

GMOP_7.png

GMOP_8.png

- - - - - - - - - -

One of my top favorites! I’m with you on the iridescence!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_1.png

GMOP_2.png

GMOP_3.png

GMOP_4.png

GMOP_4B.png

GMOP_5.png

GMOP_6.png

GMOP_7.png

GMOP_8.png

- - - - - - - - - -

It truly is one of the best of it’s kind! Sadly pg doesn’t work well on me, but I knew you would appreciate this particular piece knowing you love pg and iridescence! It’s hard for me to give up special pieces, but I’d rather them be worn and appreciated! It looks beautiful on you, and it makes me happy for you to have it!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of mother of pearl, I have completed my wg mop set! It’s not as glamorous as @yssie ’s gorgeous gmop, but it will be worn a lot, especially in the summer! I got the earrings yesterday, and they join the bracelet and Magic pendant acquired earlier this year. I can’t recall if I posted the pendant here, but @m-2-b also found this for me in LV!

6091A7FB-1321-461B-8219-9E9559D090DE.jpeg

2A9D92CD-D90D-4789-A2A7-92522E14259D.jpeg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_1.png

GMOP_2.png

GMOP_3.png

GMOP_4.png

GMOP_4B.png

GMOP_5.png

GMOP_6.png

GMOP_7.png

GMOP_8.png

- - - - - - - - - -

OMG!! Stunning!! The MOP looks actually in motion as it's so 3D and iridescent.
Looks fabulous with your skin tone.. it's a true beauty!!!
Did you say it's a special order? Does VCA ever have grey MOP in stock with any metal? Thanks for letting me know.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of mother of pearl, I have completed my wg mop set! It’s not as glamorous as @yssie ’s gorgeous gmop, but it will be worn a lot, especially in the summer! I got the earrings yesterday, and they join the bracelet and Magic pendant acquired earlier this year. I can’t recall if I posted the pendant here, but @m-2-b also found this for me in LV!

Oh wow!!! What is better than a matched set!!! True harmony and true beauty. Enjoy each piece and be sure to stop by every mirror to admire your new parure.. I like that word. :love:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_1.png

GMOP_2.png

GMOP_3.png

GMOP_4.png

GMOP_4B.png

GMOP_5.png

GMOP_6.png

GMOP_7.png

GMOP_8.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Outrageously gorgeous! Those purple flashes make me swoon.

Enjoy!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

This is a dreamy set. So elegant & classic, and summery.

This is totally on my wish list too! You'll have to repot back and tell us all the fun places you've worn it to this summer!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!! Stunning!! The MOP looks actually in motion as it's so 3D and iridescent.
Looks fabulous with your skin tone.. it's a true beauty!!!
Did you say it's a special order? Does VCA ever have grey MOP in stock with any metal? Thanks for letting me know.
Saw this and thought I’d answer in case it takes Yssie time to get back to the thread. Yes, gmop in 5 motif is special order. Gmop comes in a 5 motif in pg with 2 pave motifs and 3 gmop motifs in regular stock, as well as a small vintage Alhambra pendant and long Magic pendant. There is also a pair of two motif earrings with the small pave motif at the top and a slightly larger gmop motif below. I have a feeling the popularity of these will result in VCA adding more pieces to regular stock eventually.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG. It's so thoroughly *satisfying* to see this set complete DS :love: I know that it’s been a journey for you, with some doubts along the way, and some changes of direction, but honestly - seeing all these pieces together like this - I think this is exactly how this set was meant to end up for you ❤️

White MOP is my favourite VCA gemstone. Always has been. Probably not a huge surprise, for all that I do go gallivanting off toward other stones occasionally! The gloss and the sheen and the glow makes for a piece that coaxes you closer to whisper to you… White nacre in particular, it’s “traditional” and “high end” in such a pure way. I love diamonds but they always seem like they’re trying so hard to dazzle you, and white pearl does that so effortlessly :lol:

I was listening to a VCA session on jewellery of the Middle Ages a few months ago and they talked about how rock crystal and pearls used to be reserved for only the most special creations, the pieces that celebrated royalty and divinity... And then there’s the Alhambra itself, the medieval palace that inspired the collection, with its hundreds of repetitions of no conquerer but god inscribed all over in stone and tile - and I can’t help but think that really, MOP and rock crystal are the truest embodiments of Alhambra’s heritage, aren’t they? And I LOVE the WMOP in WG. The cool metal drains any warmth away so you get the full effect of that icy WSS shell... :cool2:

Each piece is a standalone. It’s lovely that they all work together but you can totally wear each one by itself, too. And mix and match with your pave and your onyx of course. You were so smart to keep your WG pieces all neutral!! I can’t wait to see how you style them all :appl: And we need some updated collection photos!! I was looking back through your other photos over lunch. 100% right call on the Vintage earrings - Magic would have been huge on you. I’ve definitely swung back toward the Vintage earring size too. I actually kind of want your earrings now. No joke. But I have no business wanting more pearl earrings of any sort so I need to talk myself out of them before I accidentally say something out loud to my husband :lol:

This all came together quite quickly for you! I’m just realizing that. With all of the inventory hassles - you managed all three within the span of months. Wait, why am I surprised by that, you always have the luckiest timing :bigsmile: I’m so excited for you. For real. Your WG and WMOP is totally mind-clean now. :love:

So I guess now you’ve got to decide what to do about your hammered WG bracelet!! And if you want a WMOP twenty or not. And the clover bangle conversation continues... Yeah, okay, so maybe we're never really done :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@blingthing, @OdetteOdile, @Rubies-R-Me, @RunningwithScissors Thank you!! This piece is just so dang *me*. Rose gold, pearls, bracelet - what's not to love!? ❤️ The iridescence is mostly green with flashes of magenta - which, well, they're Tahitian oyster shell so that's pretty much exactly what you'd expect!! And I love rose gold in general, so I'm biased, but in this specific context I hugely agree with everyone else who's said that it's the best metal for GMOP. The warmth takes the edge off the green and gives the flashes of pink and purple some breathing room. I was playing with my earrings today - they're yellow gold and the yellow definitely plays up the green in-person. RG with GMOP is such a nicely balanced combo :love:

@diamondseeker2006 Thank *you* for thinking of me!! She's definitely come to a good home, where she will be much loved and oft-worn :bigsmile: I had decided for sure that if you chose to keep one this I'd be SOing my own. But rehoming from you gave me a guarantee of iridescence and saved me at least six months of waiting, so I'm feeling very lucky!! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Took a few more pics today - with the camera this time, gotta say, she photographs a dream ::)

No editing besides cropping, as always :bigsmile:

W_1A.png

- - - - - - - - - -

W_1B.png

- - - - - - - - - -

W_1C.png

- - - - - - - - - -

W_1D.png

- - - - - - - - - -

W_1E.png

- - - - - - - - - -

W_1F.png

- - - - - - - - - -

W_1G.png

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_1.png

GMOP_2.png

GMOP_3.png

GMOP_4.png

GMOP_4B.png

GMOP_5.png

GMOP_6.png

GMOP_7.png

GMOP_8.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Omg we are twins. congratulations it’s an absolute beauty. I absolutely love love the saturation on this piece. Ok I’m going to need stack pics immediately with the letterwood omg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Took a few more pics today - with the camera this time, gotta say, she photographs a dream ::)

W_1A.png

- - - - - - - - - -

W_1B.png

- - - - - - - - - -

W_1C.png

- - - - - - - - - -

W_1D.png

- - - - - - - - - -

W_1E.png

- - - - - - - - - -

W_1F.png

- - - - - - - - - -

W_1G.png

The color of this GMOP is just dreamy!!! :kiss2: So, so lucky that DS bought it and you were able to scoop it up! Congrats on another gorgeous piece….think you definitely owe us new family shots as you’ve been quite the busy VCA bee!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful set! And agree with yssie that you’ve been so lucky to get these pieces in such (relatively) quick succession given the inventory challenges! Will you wear the wmop together with your hammered wg bracelet?

Now that I have my pave frivole earrings, I’ve been thinking about what wg wrist piece I’d like to eventually add! Never ending lol

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg @yssie that GMOP is incredible. I also adore iridescence in pearls. I've never seen GMOP in real life and this is perfection. Does anyone here have a single motif GMOP? I wonder if they can look as good as your bracelet!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Omg @yssie that GMOP is incredible. I also adore iridescence in pearls. I've never seen GMOP in real life and this is perfection. Does anyone here have a single motif GMOP? I wonder if they can look as good as your bracelet!

I have the vintage pendant but it doesn’t look as cool as this piece. I can’t believe they left this in the boutique.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_1.png

GMOP_2.png

GMOP_3.png

GMOP_4.png

GMOP_4B.png

GMOP_5.png

GMOP_6.png

GMOP_7.png

GMOP_8.png

- - - - - - - - - -

The iridescence is out of this world!:kiss2:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock

W_1A.png

- - - - - - - - - -

W_1B.png

- - - - - - - - - -

W_1C.png

- - - - - - - - - -

W_1D.png

- - - - - - - - - -

W_1E.png

- - - - - - - - - -

W_1F.png

- - - - - - - - - -

W_1G.png

Gorgeous, especially with those weigela branches! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful photos! I'm for sure going to try on the GMOP vintage pendant the next time I'm in a city with a VCA (if it's in stock)!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s insane right….I can’t believe the original person turned it down

It was actually a SO by the manager (in advance) and I was the first one to see/try it on so I got first dibs!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too bad RG GMOP combo does not suit my complexion! But this special piece did finally make it to it’s proper forever home with @yssie !

741D7372-B1DC-4D1C-B692-FB08DA20E68E.jpeg

Last edited:

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock

- - - - - - - - - -

GMOP_1.png

GMOP_2.png

GMOP_3.png

GMOP_4.png

GMOP_4B.png

GMOP_5.png

GMOP_6.png

GMOP_7.png

GMOP_8.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Wow, the GMOPs on this bracelet is just TOP NOTCH. Amazing piece, congrats!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock

I have the pendant and it’s pretty but not like that! 5 of these together with ALL of them having such high iridescence is INSANE. @Yssie’s piece is definitely special, especially given the lack of stock.

I JUST took a couple pics of mine since I’m WFH today lol

Attachments

• B5953FA8-F9FA-4134-92E5-CB97039F5D39.jpeg
    B5953FA8-F9FA-4134-92E5-CB97039F5D39.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 417D2BD1-7BE5-4802-8187-1918D361984C.jpeg
    417D2BD1-7BE5-4802-8187-1918D361984C.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@m-2-b Oh, I didn't realize that you were the first customer to see this piece!! What perfect luck. Honestly, you short-circuited both my and @diamondseeker2006's searches - mine because I can't imagine *better* GMOP, no need to bother with any comparison shopping, and DS because if this specimen didn't do it for her then she can cross GMOP in RG off her list, no wondering if a nicer example might better suit ❤️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results