shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Hey @canuk-gal, can you tell us what pieces she was wearing?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't watch it, but googled it to see. I think she's wearing the matching earrings too! Very cool.

q2e4t10o_ashleigh-barty-afp_625x300_29_January_22.jpg

This is Ash Barty, an Australian player who recently retired. She won the Aus Open last year wearing that set :kiss2:

I really enjoyed watching her play, but kept willing the cameras to zoom in so I could get a better look at her jewellery :lol-2:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
This is Ash Barty, an Australian player who recently retired. She won the Aus Open last year wearing that set :kiss2:

I really enjoyed watching her play, but kept willing the cameras to zoom in so I could get a better look at her jewellery :lol-2:

Thanks! I understand now.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I’m not a sports fan so not sure who this woman is, but she wearing Tiffany paper flowers earrings and necklace. It looks similar to frivole

You are right! Similar overall shape (when I don't wear my glasses :lol-2: ).

They look really nice too!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thank you PS'ers for posting a link to the VCA necklace worn by the AOC Sabalenka. This tourney always make our days.

But if this isn't testimony to wearing VCA pendant, capable, under intense conditions, I don't know that is (this is a VCA thread after all). Back to regular programming.

cheers--Sharon

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thank you PS'ers for posting a link to the VCA necklace worn by the AOC Sabalenka. This tourney always make our days.

But if this isn't testimony to wearing VCA pendant, capable, under intense conditions, I don't know that is (this is a VCA thread after all). Back to regular programming.

cheers--Sharon

I'm having AO withdrawals :((

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having AO withdrawals :((

I got you. At this time of year, we love the heat the AO and the (C= champions) provide. Across the world, we are freezing. :wavey: It is all cake and icing.

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got you. At this time of year, we love the heat the AO and the (C= champions) provide. Across the world, we are freezing. :wavey: It is all cake and icing.

cheers--Sharon

I love the heat the other AOC provides too, I gotta say ❤️

(I can’t say more ‘cause politics, but… How many times does one get opportunities like this, I couldn’t not) :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw this amazing vid of the terrier pair that’s been referenced in this thread a couple of times and thought I’d copy a screenshot here ::)

E259237C-C336-4501-BA8C-99091F0A9A06.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In other news on my end… About a month ago I dropped four pairs of earrings off for adjustments. Plus my newest Frivole pair. Basically all clip extensions - my WG/pave Cosmos clips are opened to 6mm and that clearance makes for Very Happy Yssie Ears.

Sadly, the NYC workshop informed my SA that none of the other pairs can be opened as wide. Not even my RG/MOP Cosmos, which is the exact same design!! Apparently the allowable (structurally stable) clearance varies not by collection or design but by individual piece. But whyyyy!?

They were able to open the Frivole pair to 5mm. The RG/MOP Cosmos, MOP Rose de Noel, and Magic 3 Motif, those might be stuck where they are right now (4mm)… My SA is double checking to see if they can’t be cracked just a little bit more.

I’m not thrilled. I can wear them at 4mm, but not with stabilizers. It just seems so arbitrary - my SA seems equally flummoxed. This is, after all, a matter of comfort, not aesthetics! So I guess I’ll be adding “okay, but how wide can the clips on this pair be opened” to all my future earrings purchases? :doh::lol:

Just so strange! I mean, I love whimsy, but this feels like a touch too much whim!

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Just saw this amazing vid of the terrier pair that’s been referenced in this thread a couple of times and thought I’d copy a screenshot here ::)

E259237C-C336-4501-BA8C-99091F0A9A06.png

I adore these! My whole life I've had Wire Fox Terriers and these brooches really capture their plucky spirit. They were at Tyson's awhile ago. Sadly, they are half the price of my house (so ain't gonna happen!)

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
I've been reading this thread for a few years and admiring all your beautiful pieces. I love VCA and I'm fortunate enough to have the YG Onyx bracelet and the YG MOP Vintage pendant, and as I plan the next few purchases, I'm wondering whether I should stick to YG or branch out to RG or even WG for a change.

I wear my Onyx bracelet almost every day so I want to get a second five-motif bracelet for variety. I really like the hammered gold bracelet in RG, if I can find it, for it's durability and how different it looks to the Onyx. I also love the Frivole Pavé pendant in the size Small, I think this pendant looks more discreet in RG than YG or WG, if at all. Sometimes I think it might be too much for every day wear.

I've been wearing White Akoya Pearl studs most days and I'm trying to compliment them in my future purchases as well. I feel like I'm more of a YG or Rg person and WG might look too jarring on me but I think WG looks really good with pearls.

Please let me know your thoughts.

This is WG vs. Yellow Gold mini pave frivole (I prefer the 'small' size)...
3646074A-005A-48BC-8EB1-91CFECE1BF91.JPEG
Yellow Gold vs. Rose Gold pavé Frivole in Small
3D3BA51B-FEE3-433A-AC24-5DEB7DACA74F.JPEG
YG and RG...
IMG_3358.JPG
WG
IMG_4055_Original.jpg

RG Pave and Gray MOP...
IMG_2830 (1).jpg

My 5 motif Onyx w a JUC
IMG_3377.PNG

Trying on a 20 Motif RG as a bracelet
IMG_3376.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3377.PNG
    IMG_3377.PNG
    614.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been reading this thread for a few years and admiring all your beautiful pieces. I love VCA and I'm fortunate enough to have the YG Onyx bracelet and the YG MOP Vintage pendant, and as I plan the next few purchases, I'm wondering whether I should stick to YG or branch out to RG or even WG for a change.

I wear my Onyx bracelet almost every day so I want to get a second five-motif bracelet for variety. I really like the hammered gold bracelet in RG, if I can find it, for it's durability and how different it looks to the Onyx. I also love the Frivole Pavé pendant in the size Small, I think this pendant looks more discreet in RG than YG or WG, if at all. Sometimes I think it might be too much for every day wear.

I've been wearing White Akoya Pearl studs most days and I'm trying to compliment them in my future purchases as well. I feel like I'm more of a YG or Rg person and WG might look too jarring on me but I think WG looks really good with pearls.

I think you’re one of those rare individuals who truly wears all three gold colours well ❤️ I like them all on you, for different looks and different reasons! RG blends, YG compliments, and WG contrasts…

One of the things I love about white akoya is how neutral they are. You can pair classic white akoya with pretty much anything and the whole look is instantly elevated, IMO. Your studs would work great with everything you shared photos of :love: So that doesn’t narrow it down at all! :lol:

The small pave frivole is beautiful. Has impact but without going overboard. And you can really appreciate the chubby flower shape in this size!! For me… The small, large, and xl frivole are clearly all the same flower, but the mini size actually looks like a different flower entirely. Astonishing, how dramatically scale can change a visual.

If you don’t love WG on you then that’s a hard pass on WG from me. No need to pick white to match pearls - pearls match everything!! And VCA has so many yellow and pink options!

I personally don’t like to mix yellow and rose golds. And your current two pieces are both in yellow metal, and there’s that high contrast between the MOP and the onyx… What d’you think about a MOP/YG bracelet? Keep metal colour the same, play into your existing high-contrast theme?

Would the hammered RG be a standalone piece?

Another pairing I love is onyx five motif and the frivole five flower bracelet. It’s a really strong and bold and striking duo. That does kind of lock you into yellow metal in the frivole line too, though, unless you’re okay mixing metals within the same collection (or want to collect multiple pieces in different metals)!

Last edited:

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock

This is WG vs. Yellow Gold mini pave frivole (I prefer the 'small' size)...
3646074A-005A-48BC-8EB1-91CFECE1BF91.JPEG
Yellow Gold vs. Rose Gold pavé Frivole in Small
3D3BA51B-FEE3-433A-AC24-5DEB7DACA74F.JPEG
YG and RG...
IMG_3358.JPG
WG
IMG_4055_Original.jpg

RG Pave and Gray MOP...
IMG_2830 (1).jpg

My 5 motif Onyx w a JUC
IMG_3377.PNG

Trying on a 20 Motif RG as a bracelet
IMG_3376.jpg

Would you like a second bracelet for stacking purposes or to wear standalone?

If you’re looking for variety, I think your suggestion of 5 motif in RG works well - as Yssie says, all three metals look good on you :geek2: I have a 10 motif in hammered RG and find it a really easy piece to wear - the RG is more subtle against my skin colour, I don’t need to worry about it and can wear it at the gym / in the shower.

If you want to stack, I think the RG GMOP looks amazing and you won’t notice the contrast between your existing YG onyx and the RG so much. The thing about VCA RG is that it’s very rosey compared to other maisons’ so there’s a noticeable contrast if you stack YG with RG. It’s up to you whether you like mixing RG and YG though! I personally mix both on a daily basis.

In case you haven’t seen it, here’s my reference thread on the VCA hammered RG with a comparison of the different gold colours: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ered-rg-length-and-colour-comparisons.277062/

On the pendant, I’ll have to defer to others on Frivole as I’ve only ever tried on the earrings but I have to say, the pave WG VA looks amazing and such a classic that would go with everything!

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
Would the hammered RG be a standalone piece?

Another pairing I love is onyx five motif and the frivole five flower bracelet. It’s a really strong and bold and striking duo. That does kind of lock you into yellow metal in the frivole line too, though, unless you’re okay mixing metals within the same collection (or want to collect multiple pieces in different metals)!
@yssie Thank you so much for such a detailed response. You make an excellent point on your last paragraph. I need to separate my wishlist by line, and choose one color metal per line, as I don't plan on multiples of any pieces, and I will probably not be ok with mixing YG and RG either. I had not thought about it this way, I usually just go with what I like visually without much consideration as to future pieces. I also do not stack bracelets although I love the stack look on others. I'm worried I might damage them if they overlap.

The MOP five motif bracelet is such a beautiful piece but it falls flat on me. MOP looks better on my neck. One of my big dilemmas is that same color golds will look different in different body parts. RG looks great on my forearm but not on my ears, for example. Wg looks good on my neck but too cold on my arm...

I rarely wear the Onyx bracelet together with the MOP pendant.

A diamond bangle is on my non-immediate wishlist, either the Perlee Clovers bangle or the diamond one-row bangle, most likely in RG (they look too stark in WG and really loud in YG). For this reason I'm more inclined to stick to RG for the pavé pendant, so I can wear them together. I might scratch WG altogether.

Thank you for helping me brainstorm!:love:

In case you haven’t seen it, here’s my reference thread on the VCA hammered RG with a comparison of the different gold colours: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ered-rg-length-and-colour-comparisons.277062/
I did see your thread! That was such a thorough and helpful write-up. I had actually saved the photo where you compared the RG hammered to the YG hammered. I've only seen YG hammered earrings in person once, eons ago, and I was not paying attention, so your photo was a very helpful comparison. I do not stack so the bracelets would be worn on their own.

I love your 10 motif! It looks stunning on you! In regards to your observations on VCA's RG being very coppery, I wanted to let you know that I did own a sweet RG bracelet for a few years and with wear, the copperiness of the RG faded to a more subtle shade of RG, so perhaps you will find that yours does as well. I think the change in RG varies by each person's body oils and the composition of your water if you shower with your pieces.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the single row diamond bangle in white gold. I got to see LLJsmom's last year. I have it in RG but I think it shines in white, more than in any other metal. Maybe because to me that piece is all about the diamonds - it's basically just a diamond line bracelet with a textured edge. So the focus is on that glittery string of diamonds, and white metal keeps all your focus on those diamonds, no distractions... The clover bracelet is much more about the design. So for me, with that piece, metal colour has less impact on how my eyes register it. RG looks better on me than WG so I went with RG for the clover, and then I went with RG for the single row because I'd already committed to collecting Perlee pieces in RG. Just my 2c. ::)

Some of my friends have noticed the same thing - different metals flattering different body parts. The things we have to think about!! :halo: I guess I'm lucky, I'm kinda the same base colour all over, just lighter and darker in different areas :lol: So... Well, WG is harsh on all parts of me, period. I still buy it occasionally but I prefer RG and YG.

"I rarely wear the Onyx bracelet together with the MOP pendant."
Well scratch the MOP bracelet then :bigsmile: If you're not a stacker then inventory is your oyster! I love Pomelo's necklace wrapped around her wrist. I have a necklace that I do the same thing with - I don't wear necklaces of any sort, though, so I had mine shortened just for wrist-wrapping. If you like the look of a bracelet stack but also want a necklace, and don't want to buy multiple pieces, and don't want to damage anything, repurposing a hammered necklace like Pomelo does is yet another option!

My collection isn't a collection. I'm the exact same way. I buy what I like. I've been trying to do less of that, and plan for more coherent "sets", but honestly my lot is still very much a hodgepodge. I *don't* like anything to match, though. And coordinated is easier when you're actively trying to not match. So there's that.

Disclamer... This is going to be forward of me. But that non-immediate wishlist... The one thing I have been making a point to do is buy the most expensive things as early as possible. Because prices are only going up, and those price increases are by percentage, and 5% of 25k is a heck of a lot more than 5% of 5k!! And the cost of any of these pieces - frivole and alhambra pendants, bracelets, especially pave, that's a big ol' chunk of the clover or single row. So another thing to consider, perhaps: Skipping the smaller pieces and getting the pricier stuff as soon as possible...

Meant for @SylviaF but quoting on my phone is painful right now.

Last edited:

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the single row diamond bangle in white gold. I got to see LLJsmom's last year. I have it in RG but I think it shines in white, more than in any other metal.

Some of my friends have noticed the same thing - different metals flattering different body parts. The things we have to think about!! :halo: I guess I'm lucky, I'm kinda the same base colour all over, just lighter and darker in different areas :lol: So... Well, WG is harsh on all parts of me, period. I still buy it occasionally but I prefer RG and YG.

Disclamer... This is going to be forward of me. But that non-immediate wishlist... The one thing I have been making a point to do is buy the most expensive things as early as possible.

I have never seen the single one-row in person in any color metal. I imagine it must be stunning! This is part of the reason I have a hard time pulling the trigger, most things are not available to try on at one given time so it is hard to compare. The closest store to me is an hour away and it was low in inventory for a very long time. I remember liking the Perlee Clovers bangle most in RG, I have seen Perlee Clovers in every color, although at different times, and long ago. The manager of a NYC restaurant we visited recently was wearing a YG one and it was stunning on her! Do you always wear your Perlee Clovers bangle and your one-row bangle together? If not, do you reach more for one than the other?

I hear you on moving quickly on wishlist items! The bangle would be a big purchase for me so I want to be sure and make sure I meet all my other yearly financial goals first!

Adding one more photo of my MOP pendant in action; the most basic VCA piece but I just love it.

7A7CE0A5-AD05-483F-BFA6-77152E9B2705 (1).jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never seen the single one-row in person in any color metal. I imagine it must be stunning! This is part of the reason I have a hard time pulling the trigger, most things are not available to try on at one given time so it is hard to compare. The closest store to me is an hour away and it was low in inventory for a very long time. I remember liking the Perlee Clovers bangle most in RG, I have seen Perlee Clovers in every color, although at different times, and long ago. The manager of a NYC restaurant we visited recently was wearing a YG one and it was stunning on her! Do you always wear your Perlee Clovers bangle and your one-row bangle together? If not, do you reach more for one than the other?

I hear you on moving quickly on wishlist items! The bangle would be a big purchase for me so I want to be sure and make sure I meet all my other yearly financial goals first!

Adding one more photo of my MOP pendant in action; the most basic VCA piece but I just love it.

No such thing as "basic" VCA!! It's lovely on you. Classic and classy, perfect with a crisp shirt :love:

I didn't expect to at all, but I've turned into a bangle stacker. It's always my clover, single row, signature, and a mikimoto station bracelet - either all four or none at all. I do want the pearls of gold bangle to finish the set but it's been on the no-order list for several months now, sigh. Kicking myself for not just buying it early last year - my SA did try to warn me!!

Oh, totally, yes - real life comes first ::) If, y'know, you just happened to have a gob of cash burning a hole in your coat pocket, though. :lol:

Here's an old summer pic of my stack. Fancy car logo and all :bigsmile:

1676342073053.png

The one I'm still missing:

1676342006073.png

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
No such thing as "basic" VCA!! It's lovely on you. Classic and classy, perfect with a crisp shirt :love:

I didn't expect to at all, but I've turned into a bangle stacker. It's always my clover, single row, signature, and a mikimoto station bracelet - either all four or none at all. I do want the pearls of gold bangle to finish the set but it's been on the no-order list for several months now, sigh. Kicking myself for not just buying it early last year - my SA did try to warn me!!

Oh, totally, yes - real life comes first ::) If, y'know, you just happened to have a gob of cash burning a hole in your coat pocket, though. :lol:

1676342073053.png

1676342006073.png

Thank you for the kind words! Your stack is absolutely stunning! The Mikimoto station bracelet is the icing on the cake that makes it perfectly yours! What size are you on the perlee POG bangle that you are missing? It is available right now on the website in XS/14, Rose Gold! I believe I have seen it pop in and out of the website in other sizes as well in the past month or so.

I was told about a year ago in NYC the Perlee Clovers bangle was not available to order either so even if I decided to pull the trigger it might be a while before I can get it. I wonder if they are intending to bring back stock to what it was pre-covid, or if they are aiming to create an air of exclusivity and not stock everything fully. Sometimes their approach makes no sense. For instance, I know they have been making twenty and ten motifs in hammered rose gold but no bracelets. Weird.

Also, love you for the Honda logo as the background to your gorgeous stack! We are big fans of reliable, no frills cars here too, after all, they are a depreciating asset!

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the kind words! Your stack is absolutely stunning! The Mikimoto station bracelet is the icing on the cake that makes it perfectly yours! What size are you on the perlee POG bangle that you are missing? It is available right now on the website in XS/14, Rose Gold! I believe I have seen it pop in and out of the website in other sizes as well in the past month or so.

I was told about a year ago in NYC the Perlee Clovers bangle was not available to order either so even if I decided to pull the trigger it might be a while before I can get it. I wonder if they are intending to bring back stock to what it was pre-covid, or if they are aiming to create an air of exclusivity and not stock everything fully. Sometimes their approach makes no sense. For instance, I know they have been making twenty and ten motifs in hammered rose gold but no bracelets. Weird.

Also, love you for the Honda logo as the background to your gorgeous stack! We are big fans of reliable, no frills cars here too, after all, they are a depreciating asset!

I wear a small - the one size they don't make stock! XS, M, and L can be bought off the site, but S has to be specifically ordered. It's not an SO or MTO - just has to be specifically ordered. For the clover and single row S is a stock size, it's just the d'or that it isn't for some reason!

I believe the clover is also on the no-order list, but boutiques are still getting them. Every so often. It really is a very strange way of doing business.

I'm very happy with my workhorse Honda! :bigsmile:

Last edited:

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock

1676342073053.png

1676342006073.png

Thud, what a fine stack! That sapphire is gorgeous too!

Just a practical question: I was wondering whether you have to be careful with your bangle stack so that they don’t scratch / bang into each other? And do you take them off at night / to shower / gym etc?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

1676342073053.png

1676342006073.png

The bracelet stack to end all stacks :kiss2::kiss2:

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
I wear a small - the one size they don't make stock! XS, M, and L can be bought off the site, but S has to be specifically ordered. It's not an SO or MTO - just has to be specifically ordered. For the clover and single row S is a stock size, it's just the d'or that it isn't for some reason!

I believe the clover is also on the no-order list, but boutiques are still getting them. Every so often. It really is a very strange way of doing business.

I'm very happy with my workhorse Honda! :bigsmile:

That would’ve been too easy! Darn it!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thud, what a fine stack! That sapphire is gorgeous too!

Just a practical question: I was wondering whether you have to be careful with your bangle stack so that they don’t scratch / bang into each other? And do you take them off at night / to shower / gym etc?

I’ve decided to let fate have its way with these guys. I know I’m going to have to replace the pearls one day, they don’t stand a prayer stacked with metal like that, but I accept that! For the bangles - those beaded Perlee edges are SO protective and forgiving. Even when they do bang those raised edges are taking all the impact and the beading is large and deep, no worries about it fading like a fine engraving… VCA designed these bracelets so well!!

I do take them off at night, for comfort, and hey, no point creating wear and tear when I’m not awake to enjoy the pieces right? Same for the shower - off for comfort. The gym… Yeah, so let me get back to you on that one… :twisted2::lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results