shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOWEEEEEE!! That's gorgeous!!! True jewelry perfection. :appl:
Enjoy it in good health and happy times!:love:

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Congratulations! Beautiful choices, every one! Bangle suits you perfectly, you could be model for VCA!

I admire your collection and mostly your strength to choose WG items (most difficult part for me to choose the color of the gold :))

I'd love to ask as well about the bracelets, which one (5 motif or bangle) do you find easiest to wear everyday?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a beautiful collection, @m-2-b !!! I have been so random in the pieces I have collected, but my goal is to eventually have coordinating pieces like yours! I can't wait for the next couple of additions!

@Roi I admire her collection, too! I also find choosing metals difficult! There are certain pieces I like in all metals! I know white gold looks best on me so I do have some already and have a few more on my list. However, there are a couple more pieces I want that only come in yg, so I will likely have a small set of yg, too! Then there is the beautiful pink gold with gray MOP, and if I ever get around to it, there are some pieces of that I'd like, as well! :lol: Seeing that I don't have endless money or time, I am not sure I will actually end up doing all these purchases! But it's still fun to have a VCA wishlist!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd love to ask as well about the bracelets, which one (5 motif or bangle) do you find easiest to wear everyday?

I hope @m-2-b doesn't mind my answering: depends on what you mean. In terms of ease of putting the bracelet on and taking it off, the bangle is a lot easier. But in terms of looks, the bangle is a bit more dressy. But it also depends on whether the bracelet is pave or not, so a MOP or onyx for example is more casual than a pave one.

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope @m-2-b doesn't mind my answering: depends on what you mean. In terms of ease of putting the bracelet on and taking it off, the bangle is a lot easier. But in terms of looks, the bangle is a bit more dressy. But it also depends on whether the bracelet is pave or not, so a MOP or onyx for example is more casual than a pave one.

I am pretty sure her answer right now is that she isn't wearing bracelets much to work because of all the handwashing!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's arrived!!:clap::dance::kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Mine is the one at the very bottom of the last pic (the top bracelet and 20-motif necklace belong to my friend). My beautiful RdN is also shown (the left of the two bracelets in that pic is mine). Swooooon....

1590126428220.png

1590126526751.png

1590126552933.png

1590128897087.png

1590126592575.png

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mine is the one at the very bottom of the last pic (the top bracelet and 20-motif necklace belong to my friend).

1590126428220.png

1590126526751.png

1590126552933.png

1590126592575.png

OMG @Phoenix what a treasure :love:

I like your bracelet best of the three in that photo. It’s been a stellar VCA week for PSers!!

Phoenix we need photos on your wrist!! Can you wear it as-is or will you need to have it shortened?
And please share an updated VCA family shot?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG @Phoenix what a treasure :love:

I like your bracelet best of the three in that photo. It’s been a stellar VCA week for PSers!!

Phoenix we need photos on your wrist!! Can you wear it as-is or will you need to have it shortened?
And please share an updated VCA family shot?

Thank you, @yssie ! :) Do you prefer the darker blue shade then? My friend's bracelet is like a deep cornflower blue/ vibrant electric blue, whereas my bracelet and her necklace are a deep rich blue. My Rose de Noel matches my bracelet, also deep rich blue.

I am having the bracelet shortened. It's far too long for me. All my VCA bracelets are at 6".

It'll be my pleasure to post an updated VCA shot (or several, haha) as soon as I get everything in one place. We're still in lockdown here and some of my pretties are in the bank vault.

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @yssie ! :) Do you prefer the darker blue shade then? My friend's bracelet is like a deep cornflower blue/ vibrant electric blue, whereas my bracelet and her necklace are a deep rich blue. My Rose de Noel matches my bracelet, also deep rich blue.

I am having the bracelet shortened. It's far too long for me. All my VCA bracelets are at 6".

It'll be my pleasure to post an updated VCA shot (or several, haha) as soon as I get everything in one place. We're still in lockdown here and some of my pretties are in the bank vault.

The electric blue is vivid and eye catching... But the darker shade, yours, is to my eyes both more rich and more compelling :love: And it really does match your RDN perfectly!

I thought it must be much too big out of the box for your tiny wrist ::) I hope things open soon and you can get those links out and start wearing this beauty!!

Ah, the drudgeries of COVID. I hope your health is on the mend - please stay safe! Really looking forward to seeing those photos when you’re able to get out :))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The electric blue is vivid and eye catching... But the darker shade, yours, is to my eyes both more rich and more compelling :love: And it really does match your RDN perfectly!

I thought it must be much too big out of the box for your tiny wrist ::) I hope things open soon and you can get those links out and start wearing this beauty!!

Ah, the drudgeries of COVID. I hope your health is on the mend - please stay safe! Really looking forward to seeing those photos when you’re able to get out :))

I thought so too!:bigsmile:

Thank you for your kind words. I can't wait to get out and wear my bling!! But our community cases are still on the high-ish side, so I am exercising caution.

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mine is the one at the very bottom of the last pic (the top bracelet and 20-motif necklace belong to my friend). My beautiful RdN is also shown (the left of the two bracelets in that pic is mine). Swooooon....

1590126428220.png

1590126526751.png

1590126552933.png

1590128897087.png

1590126592575.png

Definitely a treasure, Phoenix! Truly one of the best Alhambra pieces ever made! :love: I am so excited for you!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the deeper blue, @Phoenix ! It is sooo striking in color!

In fact, your whole VCA collection is awe inspiring! :kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG. All that lapis. I'm dying.

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Thank you, Phoenix, for the info on bracelet vs bangle!

Best congrats on the lapis-pave bracelet!!! Well done finding this one! Beautiful addition to your glamorous collection!

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That is such a beautiful collection, @m-2-b !!! I have been so random in the pieces I have collected, but my goal is to eventually have coordinating pieces like yours! I can't wait for the next couple of additions!

@Roi I admire her collection, too! I also find choosing metals difficult! There are certain pieces I like in all metals! I know white gold looks best on me so I do have some already and have a few more on my list. However, there are a couple more pieces I want that only come in yg, so I will likely have a small set of yg, too! Then there is the beautiful pink gold with gray MOP, and if I ever get around to it, there are some pieces of that I'd like, as well! :lol: Seeing that I don't have endless money or time, I am not sure I will actually end up doing all these purchases! But it's still fun to have a VCA wishlist!

Thank you, DS! It looks that the only choice for me is to buy sets in RG/YG and WG ;)2, it will take much longer time :lol:. Hope that we will be able to see more of GMOP in RG in the near future. Magic Alhambra pendant in GMOP in RG (long chain version) would be perfect!

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock

Hi @Phoenix, you have an spectacular collection! Really amazing! I hope you don't mind my asking your wrist size as you mentioned sizing your VCA bracelets to 6"? Apologies if you had mentioned it in this thread or the other thread and I missed it. Thank you so much.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Phoenix, you have an spectacular collection! Really amazing! I hope you don't mind my asking your wrist size as you mentioned sizing your VCA bracelets to 6"? Apologies if you had mentioned it in this thread or the other thread and I missed it. Thank you so much.

Awww! Thank you so much!

My left hand wrist is 12.5cm and my right wrist 13cm. (I'm too lazy to look up how many inches those are, lol. But from memory, 6" = 15.5cm).

Last edited:

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
Awww! Thank you so much!

My left hand wrist is 12.5cm and my RH wrist is 13cn. (I'm too lazy to look up how many inches those are, lol. But from memory, 6 " = 15.5 cm).

Wow, you are teeny tiny :) Thank you so much for the reply and helpful response!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww! Thank you so much!

My left hand wrist is 12.5cm and my right wrist 13cm. (I'm too lazy to look up how many inches those are, lol. But from memory, 6" = 15.5cm).

@sweet_blossom,

Ha! I have no idea what's happened. But I just measured my wrists again and they're both 13.5cm...well one is a smidgen less and the other one a smidgen more. Go figure!

And I mis-remembered. My VCA bracelets, and my other ones, are all at 6 1/4 inches = 16cm.

Last edited:

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
@sweet_blossom,

Ha! I have no idea what's happened. But I just measured my wrists again and they're both 13.5cm...well one is a smidgen less and the other one a smidgen more. Go figure!

And I mis-remembered. My VCA bracelets, and my other ones, are all at 6 1/4 inches = 16cm.

@Phoenix

Oh my gosh!!! Thank you so much for going to all that trouble of measuring! That is beyond lovely of you! I greatly appreciate your help. You wear it all so well. Enjoy your beautiful works of art. You have quite the jewel box to play in!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix

Oh my gosh!!! Thank you so much for going to all that trouble of measuring! That is beyond lovely of you! I greatly appreciate your help. You wear it all so well. Enjoy your beautiful works of art. You have quite the jewel box to play in!!!

It's no problem!:)

I wanted to also see for myself.

Thank you for your kind words. x

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A true VCA delight Phoenix! Nothing like a blue bracelet to chase away the quarantine blues. Thanks for sharing the beauty! :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I now own a piece that I’m happy to add to this thread!

I’d been searching for a YG link bracelet since my ER is now YG. It was purchased from Luxury Bazaar via 1stdibs.

This vintage Van Cleef & Arpels heart link bracelet is crafted from 18K yellow gold and weighs 42 grams, measuring 7” in length.

FDA3513B-300E-4869-A92A-0CE622C4B54C.jpeg 6D5E121C-71A9-438F-AF90-A274B7AE3B31.jpeg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that's so pretty! Congratulations!
I actually think I just saw a matching ring on Ebay.
Looks beautiful with your diamond ring of course. :kiss2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I now own a piece that I’m happy to add to this thread!

I’d been searching for a YG link bracelet since my ER is now YG. It was purchased from Luxury Bazaar via 1stdibs.

This vintage Van Cleef & Arpels heart link bracelet is crafted from 18K yellow gold and weighs 42 grams, measuring 7” in length.

FDA3513B-300E-4869-A92A-0CE622C4B54C.jpeg 6D5E121C-71A9-438F-AF90-A274B7AE3B31.jpeg

I am so excited that you are now in the VCA thread!!! :appl: I absolutely love the bracelet and know that you'll enjoy it since it is such a classic and timeless piece! :love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, just out of curiosity I Googled the prices of VCA bracelets ...:eek-2:too rich for my blood!.

EE3

Rough_Rock
Wow, everyone has such beautiful pieces! I’d love some guidance on what you would deem a good entry to VCA pieces. It can be anything: earrings, bracelets, or pendants. I am interested something classic and iconic. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results