shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
UrsTx|1471054019|4065343 said:
If anyone is interested, I saw today (Aug 12) there are three Sweet Alhambra pre-owned bracelets for sale on FashionPhile. One MOP clover, one carnelian heart, and one carnelian clover. Watch the sizes though. I think one of them was shortened.

Goodness, amazing how close to retail the prices are! Will be interesting to see if they sell at that level.

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have not bought my holy grail Magic onyx earrings (yet), but fate literally dropped a beautiful Vintage Alhambra necklace practically into my lap. I really can't afford VCA but that doesn't stop me from constantly checking every well known designer consignment site ( Therealreal, Yoogiscloset, and Fashionphile are my favorites). The Real Real has the best "pre loved" priced but it's not what anyone would call a deal. Average discount is 15-20% off, which is a good amount but still not inexpensive.

Strolling along in Santa Monica last week I went into a designer consignment boutique (Haute Seconds on Wilshire) and there, in the front case, I saw it. This lovely necklace. The minute I tried it on I knew without a doubt it was authentic. It didn't have papers, but it had a service receipt and little suede pouch. Though the store uses their own brand authenticators and I have touched enough authentic van cleef to have a good idea of reals vs. fakes, I didn't want to post here until I took it to VCA myself and had it checked out by discretely asking them to polish it. The SA took it, casually pulled out her little loop, smiled and said it she would be happy to do a thorough cleaning and it didn't need a full polish. IT WAS REAL!!! AND I GOT IT FOR A STEAL!!!! I love the rich gold with the mother of pearl combo for daily wear, its delicate and pops nicely off my tan skin.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

So, my first (and hopefully not last) contribution to the thread. whoot whoot!

screen_shot_2016-11-04_at_8.png

screen_shot_2016-11-04_at_0.png

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations dolly!! I love this piece. It looks fabulous on you. It is totally on my list.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, Dolly, that was amazing to find a good deal on that pendant! It's on my list, too!

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
thanks DS and LLJsmom!! Instead of the usual 20% off pre owned prices you see most places, I got it for 40% off (plus tax, which in CA came to $140 ugh). For an authentic VCA i consider it a serious steal!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dolly, wow, what a fantastic find! The pendant looks lovely on you and it will go with everything.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
dolly, congrats on your fabulous VCA find! The more I see the MOP, the more I'm loving it!

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
thanks Snowdrop and CareBear! I have always loved the onyx because I found it more dressy ( and figuring I would only be able to have one piece, I wanted it to be something I busted out for special occasions only). The MOP is perfect for every day wear and is just beautiful as a necklace- it really does glow with every color so it matches everything, and again my skin is darker to it REALLY stands out. I now am dying to add a pair of MOP vintage alhambra earrings to my bucket list so I have a set- maybe I will get lucky and find some for a good deal. :pray: :pray: :pray:

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Dolly, congrats on your VCA pendant! It looks beautiful on you! You are so good with finding great deals on great jewelry pieces! :appl:
Your littlle pear in rg sends regards :) she is still happy with me :)

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
YAY I love when jewelry passes between PS'ers!!! That reminds me, I have a handful of stuff I need to post on preloved today (since the rule with hubby is, when something new comes in something has to go out lol) but for my necklace it's worth it =)

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hadn't really expected to be buying any VCA pieces but when these popped up I couldn't resist! It is nearly Christmas, after all.... They are teeny, tiny in real life and very delicate. I usually find that bracelets are too long, these have a jump ring at about 6 inches which makes them perfect. Can't wait to wear them!

_6326.jpeg

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Snowdrop13|1481358429|4106058 said:
I hadn't really expected to be buying any VCA pieces but when these popped up I couldn't resist! It is nearly Christmas, after all.... They are teeny, tiny in real life and very delicate. I usually find that bracelets are too long, these have a jump ring at about 6 inches which makes them perfect. Can't wait to wear them!

They're beautiful, Snowdrop! Congrats! May I ask where you purchased them?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skhii|1481358916|4106059 said:
Snowdrop13|1481358429|4106058 said:

They're beautiful, Snowdrop! Congrats! May I ask where you purchased them?

Thank you, Skhii! I bought them from a seller of preloved pieces. They are based in London (UK) and sometimes have a few VCA items at reasonable prices.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just remembered there is a separate VCA thread. Yay!!

Yellow gold and carnelian vintage pendant.

I love this pendant so much. I can wear it 24/7, except I shouldn't get it wet.

img_14221.jpg

img_14222.jpg

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ohhhhhhh love the darker carnelian!!! MORE PICS!!! Congrats LLJsmom!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1483063693|4110567 said:

Oh? Carnelian can't mix with water? I'm toying with the idea of getting a Sweet Carnelian clover bracelet and I was hoping to wear it 24/7, which is what I'm doing with my Sweet pave diamond bracelet.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1483165018|4110988 said:

Oh? Carnelian can't mix with water? I'm toying with the idea of getting a Sweet Carnelian clover bracelet and I was hoping to wear it 24/7, which is what I'm doing with my Sweet pave diamond bracelet.

That is what's so great about your diamond bracelet. You never have to take it off. The carnelian should not get wet. None of the stones should get wet.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the carnelian! :love: But yes, the ones with stones need TLC and should not be worn in water. I don't even wear my all gold vintage bracelet in water (because I don't shower in any jewelry other than sometimes my tiny Roberto Coin cross that I leave on for longer periods). I can't wait to start getting the pendants!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, love the color of your new pendant, and the yellow gold is yummy! It's SO pretty and it looks perfect on you! :love: :appl:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1483172809|4111007 said:

That is what's so great about your diamond bracelet. You never have to take it off. The carnelian should not get wet. None of the stones should get wet.
Oh craps! I have been washing my carnelian regularly with dishwashing detergent and hot water :knockout: I hope I haven't damaged the stone! How do you clean your VCA pieces?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, DS, thanks for letting me know. Well, that's that then! I shan't be getting the VCA Carnelian....well, that's what I think today anyway! ;)) :lol:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1483265110|4111295 said:

Oh craps! I have been washing my carnelian regularly with dishwashing detergent and hot water :knockout: I hope I haven't damaged the stone! How do you clean your VCA pieces?

I'd like to know the answer to that as well, in case I get any VCA pieces with stones in the future.

mol42

Shiny_Rock
I clean my MOP with water and soft detergent and immediately dry it, but only every once in awhile. I have read that immersing it in water (ie. at the beach) can cause shrinkage with large airlines. I'll have to check with my SA again the next time I see him and report back!

I was originally planning on getting the pave Frivole earrings, but got sidetracked by this instead! Introducing my letterwood 10 motif in rose gold--

_38789.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mol42|1483288190|4111341 said:
I clean my MOP with water and soft detergent and immediately dry it, but only every once in awhile. I have read that immersing it in water (ie. at the beach) can cause shrinkage with large airlines. I'll have to check with my SA again the next time I see him and report back!

I was originally planning on getting the pave Frivole earrings, but got sidetracked by this instead! Introducing my letterwood 10 motif in rose gold--

Mol42, that is so beautiful!!! Omigosh! Would you start your own thread on it? It is just gorgeous. What are you going to wear it with?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1483265110|4111295 said:

Just use a cleaning cloth and wipe.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh I love your new 10 motif necklace as well! :love: Neck shots, pretty please?! Christmas was a good one with your studs upgrade and now this! :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your pendant is gorgeous as well, LLJ! :love: It's so versatile and looks great against your complexion! :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for letting me know, mol.

Ah, out of my own selfishness, I'd have liked to see you get the pave Frivole earrings, bc these have been on my mind for a while (should've got these instead of my Sweet pave bracelet). But YAAAAAYY for your new necklace!! It's beeeaaautiful :appl: :love: :love: :love: l!!

Can you please start a new thread for it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results