shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So much to catch up on in this thread!! ::)

@Loreal your three sweets are lovely!!

Y’know... I’ve always had a Thing for sets. So I got myself a set of three YG/MOP Sweet bracelets... and every time I wore them I’d compare them to pics of @LLJsmom ‘s duo and think... “something’s missing”. I think I erred in going for the same colour and stone - multicoloured stacks like yours and hers are just more visually appealing to me. Maybe the small size of the motifs exaggerates similairities and minimizes differences?

In any case. Yours look fabulous together. Do you worry about the gold scratching the stones?

Thank you, Yssie! I love your new frivole bracelets! Do you wear them on your non-dominant arm? I would fear banging them on a dominant arm! Gorgeous!

With regards to your YG/MOP sweet triplets, do you find that you don’t wear them because they aren’t as visually satisfying to you? I hadn’t thought of three of the same bracelets!

To answer your question, I haven’t noticed any scratches on the stones yet. I try to limit the movement of the bracelets by linking them together as one bracelet (and partly because I’m too lazy to put them on one at a time).
525F9389-3DC1-4CA1-8F7B-1658B945EB99.jpeg

I love Onyx. I think it's very edgy, esp if you wear a lot of black.

I completely agree!! I have a black Valentino rock stud bracelet that makes me feel cooler than I really am. I love the MOP as well, but the onyx seems to “pop” more on my skin.
9AD3F6F7-DC91-484A-98FF-D35928689B07.jpeg

Attachments

• 4CAC5930-C466-425C-BF23-C46C14BE5E03.jpeg
    4CAC5930-C466-425C-BF23-C46C14BE5E03.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 3C96EE9D-E723-414A-A0CE-0B0E3299A1DC.jpeg
    3C96EE9D-E723-414A-A0CE-0B0E3299A1DC.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 34

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to agree with Yssie, that I am not sure I'd go for pave Frivole, Phoenix, since you have the Lotus earrings. I like the metal Frivole because they are casual, daily wear earrings like Alhambra.

Yssie, you have a good memory! I really do only wear a small number of earrings. I have Roberto Coin woven white gold hoops in a couple of sizes that I love, and my diamond studs. My other earrings...pearls, Trinity hoops (which I also really love), etc. just don't get worn as much, probably because I keep the RC hoops and studs very accessible and the others I have to get out of another location!:lol: BUT, when I wear the yellow gold vintage bracelet, I do need to wear either diamond earrings or yellow gold earrings, so I do want one pair of yellow gold VCA earrings. The matching ones probably make the most sense, but I am not 100% sure on that yet.

I adore the clover perlee bangle, so I think that's a worthy piece to aim for!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Loreal ... Chaining them. And only having to deal with one clasp. That is brilliant. I can't tell you how many mornings I just give up on bracelets because the drape/balance/hope/clip rigmarole will not cooperate... and this would be the blindingly obvious solution (now that it's pointed out to me!!) :geek2:

I do wear all bracelets on my non-dominant arm - for exactly that reason! I definitely do think some colour would make my Sweet stack more visually interesting... I suppose that means I shall have to acquire more pieces - oh, the hardship :mrgreen2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BUT, when I wear the yellow gold vintage bracelet, I do need to wear either diamond earrings or yellow gold earrings, so I do want one pair of yellow gold VCA earrings. The matching ones probably make the most sense, but I am not 100% sure on that yet.

Alhambra is such a distinctive design - one piece makes a big statement! It seems like it could be easy for such a distinctive design to become overwhelming though... matching earrings/bracelet works well IMO because wrist and face aren't proximal, but I wouldn't do necklace & earrings or necklace & bracelet.
You could easily get away with non-matching floral-themed YG earrings!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I completely agree!! I have a black Valentino rock stud bracelet that makes me feel cooler than I really am. I love the MOP as well, but the onyx seems to “pop” more on my skin.
9AD3F6F7-DC91-484A-98FF-D35928689B07.jpeg

Lol, that's funny!:lol:

Yes, love that onyx.:love::love::love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie, @diamondseeker2006 ,

I actually spent like a year dreaming of the Frivole earrings, but ended up getting the Lotus earrings to match my Lotus BTF ring and I do love the Lotus earrings but can't stop thinking of the Frivoles. Sometimes, you can really over-think! lol

I'd get the Perlee Clover WG to stack with the RG one, or to wear on occasions where I just want to wear all-white jewellery, but really want to bling out. So, the scenario I'm envisioning is: Lotus ring, Lotus earrings, Perlee WG Clover on the left wrist since it fits better on that slightly thinner wrist and the Cartier pave WG+ceramic Love on the right.

Trying to be good and not spend the money that'd otherwise be spent on the upgrade, @yssie. But somehow, I have a feeling I may end up getting another VCA piece first!:Up_to_something::lol-2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of small new(ish) additions :))

The WG was a birthday surprise a few months ago and I got the YG just before Christmas. I adore them together ::) The motifs are ever so slightly bigger than the Sweets, still very delicate, and I love that they're three-dimensional - the depth makes the profile so much more interesting! I find myself consistently reaching for these over my trio of Sweets. They're rather loose at the smaller jump ring on me - I'll probably have them shortened at some point to prevent flipping.

The smooth high-polish petals do scratch easily :(sad I've resigned myself to it. And I have to confess... the diamonds are noticeably less sparkly than the H&A melee most of our PS vendors use! The design is darling though ::)

Yssie_Frivole_1 copy.png

Yssie_Frivole_2A.png

Yssie_Frivole_3A.png

Yssie_Frivole_4DCOPY.png

Yssie_Frivole_5BCOPY2.png

Yssie_Frivole_last.png
@yssie What a lovely set. Because they are three dimensional they really pop!! So so pretty! How often are you wearing them and do you always wear them together?

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this thread! Yssie I love them together. They look amazing. Loreal the black onyx is my favorite. It really does pop on your wrist.

For some reason as much as I like all these motifs when I try them on at VCA I feel it makes me look old. Not in a good classic way either. Lol. Like an old lady old. Not sure what it is. Maybe the diamond pieces wouldn’t but they are so far out of my budget so never ask to see them. The only thing that stays young on me are the perlee options. The simple bangle or hoop earrings and bands. Everything else instantly ages me!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Loreal the onyx looks great on you. Hope you get it!! I love the onyx with white gold that is a limited edition available in certain boutiques. Did you see those?

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Loreal ... Chaining them. And only having to deal with one clasp. That is brilliant. I can't tell you how many mornings I just give up on bracelets because the drape/balance/hope/clip rigmarole will not cooperate... and this would be the blindingly obvious solution (now that it's pointed out to me!!) :geek2:

I do wear all bracelets on my non-dominant arm - for exactly that reason! I definitely do think some colour would make my Sweet stack more visually interesting... I suppose that means I shall have to acquire more pieces - oh, the hardship :mrgreen2:

Yssie, glad I could pass on the little wisdom I do have! I’m always looking for a way to do things faster. And I you should buy more (obvi:evil2:). We need to keep enabling each other, right? My husband would not like that I said that! Lol

I love this thread! Yssie I love them together. They look amazing. Loreal the black onyx is my favorite. It really does pop on your wrist.

For some reason as much as I like all these motifs when I try them on at VCA I feel it makes me look old. Not in a good classic way either. Lol. Like an old lady old. Not sure what it is. Maybe the diamond pieces wouldn’t but they are so far out of my budget so never ask to see them. The only thing that stays young on me are the perlee options. The simple bangle or hoop earrings and bands. Everything else instantly ages me!

Thank you hathalove! It’s really my favorite too! So you don’t think the sweets would suit you? I feel they are less “matronly” (for lack of a better word) than the bigger pieces. I’m getting older, so the vintage pieces should suit me!

@Loreal the onyx looks great on you. Hope you get it!! I love the onyx with white gold that is a limited edition available in certain boutiques. Did you see those?

LLJsmom, I have not seen that version in my local store. We don’t have a VCA store in the Bay Area per se. Just a small boutique located in Neiman Marcus. You would expect a city like San Francisco would have a VCA store, right? I really should’ve visited the Place Vendôme location when we were in Paris in October, but it was the last city during our holiday and my wallet was already crying for mercy. Maybe the Dallas location will have the white gold version when I visit at the end of this month. I need to see it in person. You’ve really piqued my interest.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, glad I could pass on the little wisdom I do have! I’m always looking for a way to do things faster. And I you should buy more (obvi:evil2:). We need to keep enabling each other, right? My husband would not like that I said that! Lol

Thank you hathalove! It’s really my favorite too! So you don’t think the sweets would suit you? I feel they are less “matronly” (for lack of a better word) than the bigger pieces. I’m getting older, so the vintage pieces should suit me!

LLJsmom, I have not seen that version in my local store. We don’t have a VCA store in the Bay Area per se. Just a small boutique located in Neiman Marcus. You would expect a city like San Francisco would have a VCA store, right? I really should’ve visited the Place Vendôme location when we were in Paris in October, but it was the last city during our holiday and my wallet was already crying for mercy. Maybe the Dallas location will have the white gold version when I visit at the end of this month. I need to see it in person. You’ve really piqued my interest.

CC3231B2-2185-4630-AAE2-59005B675F06.png 1A130E31-8C73-4634-AED0-2EF2FEA10A97.png

@Loreal I also shop at the NM VCA boutique in SF. Who is your SA? Mine is Colin.
I asked them about the white gold and onyx and hey said it was available at certain boutiques but they can bring one in for you to see.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
CC3231B2-2185-4630-AAE2-59005B675F06.png 1A130E31-8C73-4634-AED0-2EF2FEA10A97.png

@Loreal I also shop at the NM VCA boutique in SF. Who is your SA? Mine is Colin.
I asked them about the white gold and onyx and hey said it was available at certain boutiques but they can bring one in for you to see.

Oh wow, that is stunning! I’ll call the Dallas store tomorrow to see if they have it at their location (sales tax is 6.25% in Dallas compared to 9.25% where I live)! I’m up for a promotion next month and get my bonus in March, so I may just treat myself to some new items. Oh the damage I could do if my husband would just let me use the proceeds from the sale of our rental property! Charlie Kappler and Lea Kushnir were the sales associates that helped me before. My sweets were purchased online, with the exception of the heart, which was purchased at the Geneva, Switzerland location. I just purchased a yellow gold Toujours 4 mm band for my husband today online. With this rainy weather, I can’t make myself go outside.

0FF2C556-F9D8-4C27-AA78-7E577E52353E.jpeg BBA9EB7D-04BD-49A9-81CC-5AE0079A1F90.jpeg

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I had to post this amazing ring I tried on at the Geneva Switzerland VCA store. From a distance I thought the red was wax, but when I got closer, I noticed the side stones were prongless rubies! This was too big for my ring finger and a smidge to small for my middle finger (pictured)!
B367B355-26D1-4738-B64B-E734566CE3FC.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi VCA lovers. Just wanted to share that I am wearing my vintage and sweets together in a tangle and I just love the look. I never would have thought. I’ve been not that impressed with just my vintage and was thinking I didn’t like it as much as I thought I should. Seeing the rose gold motifs with the colorful sweets just do it for me. I’m glad I didn’t sell my sweets.
12032528-9A7F-43D4-8A29-A4A876EAD89A.jpeg

Last edited:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
Hi VCA lovers. Just wanted to share that I am wearing my vintage and sweets together in a tangle and I just love the look. I never would have thought. I’ve been not that impressed with just my vintage and was thinking I didn’t like it as much as I thought I should. Seeing the rose gold motifs with the colorful sweets just do it for me. I’m glad I didn’t sell my sweets.

Loving the tangled mess. So effortless. This is how layering should be. Are they all connected or do you have each on seperately. I keep coming back to this damn thread and I have no business here!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Loving the tangled mess. So effortless. This is how layering should be. Are they all connected or do you have each on seperately. I keep coming back to this damn thread and I have no business here!

Thanks @hathalove. I forgot who was saying that they hooked the sweets end to end. That was a genius idea and works really well to keep the sweets together. THe vintage is separate by itself. Now that I know unlike this messy look I may be on the lookout for another sweet. I even like the size differential.

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Love this look! Effortless and just a bit cheeky :kiss2: It screams “springtime” to me for some reason.

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
For all the VCA pros here, I have a couple questions as I’m hoping to visit one of the Vegas stores when my husband is there for business in the next year or two. I’ve got my eye on an Alhambra necklace. I prefer the price of the Vintage to that of the Magic :lol:, but I’m 5’9” and worry the Vintage will look too small on me.

I love the MOP, onyx, carnelian, and yellow gold from photos I’ve seen (I’ve never tried on any VCA). Obviously, I’ll need to see what I like on my skin tone (pale, freckled, pink undertones), but what are the other considerations? I’m sure the YG is the hardiest option and easiest to clean, but are the three stones about the same as far as how much you have to baby them? Are there other factors to consider that I just don’t know about? And finally, is one Vegas location (Forum Shops/Caesar’s or City Center/Aria) better or more fun than the other?

Thanks, ladies! And if anyone feels like sharing more real life photos of their VCA lovelies, I wouldn’t object! ;)2

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For all the VCA pros here, I have a couple questions as I’m hoping to visit one of the Vegas stores when my husband is there for business in the next year or two. I’ve got my eye on an Alhambra necklace. I prefer the price of the Vintage to that of the Magic :lol:, but I’m 5’9” and worry the Vintage will look too small on me.

I love the MOP, onyx, carnelian, and yellow gold from photos I’ve seen (I’ve never tried on any VCA). Obviously, I’ll need to see what I like on my skin tone (pale, freckled, pink undertones), but what are the other considerations? I’m sure the YG is the hardiest option and easiest to clean, but are the three stones about the same as far as how much you have to baby them? Are there other factors to consider that I just don’t know about? And finally, is one Vegas location (Forum Shops/Caesar’s or City Center/Aria) better or more fun than the other?

Thanks, ladies! And if anyone feels like sharing more real life photos of their VCA lovelies, I wouldn’t object! ;)2

Are you talking about a single motif pendant? If so, I am going to tell you that I thought the vintage pendant was too small for me. Now if I were getting the all diamond one, that would be different, but the ones with the stones just look a little small to me in vintage. To solve my problem temporarily, I purchased two repro pendants in a size they used to call super or something like that (20mm, I think). They are between vintage and Magic size which is perfect for the short pendants, IMO. One is turquoise and that was the only way I'd ever access that since VCA has very limited pieces in turquoise now. Now what I really want is one (or more) of the Magic pendants with the long chains that can be worn long or with the chain doubled. They are just more versatile.

I think the mop and onyx are the most wearable with the most things, and onyx is the more durable. The carnelian is beautiful as well, but further down on my list since it would go with fewer things. But all need to be treated with TLC, of course.

I struggled with the metal colors as I wear platinum and white metals almost exclusively. But I have to say looking at the Alhambra pieces with stones (not diamonds), I found them to be most striking in the yellow gold. So I started with the solid yg vintage bracelet so I could get pieces with different stones in the yg to go with it. (Well, let me say that I first started with the 6 motif sweet rose gold bracelet and exchanged it. My skin has a very pink undertone and it blended into my skin. I love it, though. Pale or darker skin seems to work better with the rg.)

I have been in both Vegas VCAs and absolutely loved one of them, and I am pretty sure it was City Center/Aria. The sales associate was a woman with long red hair, and she was excellent and spent a lot of time with us.

Last edited:

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
See, this is exactly why I asked here :kiss2: Yes, I was referring to a single motif pendant. That’s good to know about the onyx, as I tend to wear quite a bit of black and gray and was leaning toward that over the MOP. I’ll have to try on the onyx and carnelian because I really love the pop of that red from photos I’ve seen :love:

The diamond motifs are well out of my price range, but the solid YG is an option. RG definitely blends into my skin tone, too, so we share that frustration o_O

Thank you for your thoughts! I like to play the “If I had to decide right now, which would I choose?” Game, and tonight it’s the YG onyx magic.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to post this amazing ring

Glad you did !

I would certainly not mind a version.

Once upon a time I fell for a ring somewhat like this (channel set, Faberge), with a sapphire on a ruby band - very like a toy thing. This is even more interesting ..

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Hayley87 since you’re fair, I bet the YG and onyx will look absolutely fabulous on you. It will really pop. I’m more olive skinned so I got the carnelian vintage single motif pendant. For me, the vintage pendant is plenty big enough. I’ve been to the Aria boutique only. The people there are lovely.

Babying the vintage pieces is the most annoying thing. That is why I will likely get only gold pieces going forward unless I get the onyx and WG.

And FYI. There is a lot of buzz on the 50th anniversary pieces. I heard there would be lapis, grey MOP and maybe turquoise but I’m not sure. I have already bugged my SA and he says he will tell me when he knows. I would say you should wait a little bit to see what comes out.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you who own VCA earrings, do they bother you?

Both of mine, despite being tweaked by the boutique more than once, are still uncomfy to wear. I am thinking, once I get better (whenever that is :rolleyes:), I will sell my Lotus earrings and use the proceeds to upgrade my BGD studs. Studs are really the only thing I can wear. Me thinks my ears are extremely sensitive.

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you who own VCA earrings, do they bother you?

Both of mine, despite being tweaked by the boutique more than once, are still uncomfy to wear. I am thinking, once I get better (whenever that is :rolleyes:), I will sell my Lotus earrings and use the proceeds to upgrade my BGD studs. Studs are really the only thing I can wear. Me thinks my ears are extremely sensitive.

@Phoenix I am so sorry. Is there a way they can remove the clip and make them post only? I didn’t know you were sick. . I hope you get better soon.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix I am so sorry. Is there a way they can remove the clip and make them post only? I didn’t know you were sick. . I hope you get better soon.

Thank you, @LLJsmom . It's life, I guess...you think everything is hunky dorey and then something comes along and knocks you sideways...anyhow....

I vaguely remember someone mentioning that removing the clips will make the earrings flop due to their size and weight; and might render them more difficult to resell later...No worries, I think I'll put them in with Christies or something, once I feel better to start doing anything about them.

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
And FYI. There is a lot of buzz on the 50th anniversary pieces. I heard there would be lapis, grey MOP and maybe turquoise but I’m not sure. I have already bugged my SA and he says he will tell me when he knows. I would say you should wait a little bit to see what comes out.

:eek2::eek2::eek2:

Thank you for this! I love, love, love the photos I’ve seen of both the lapis and gray MOP :love:, so I’ll definitely sit tight to see what they roll out for the 50th.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @LLJsmom . It's life, I guess...you think everything is hunky dorey and then something comes along and knocks you sideways...anyhow....

I vaguely remember someone mentioning that removing the clips will make the earrings flop due to their size and weight; and might render them more difficult to resell later...No worries, I think I'll put them in with Christies or something, once I feel better to start doing anything about them.

Yeah. That would make sense. They are heavy to me. So a post alone probably would not be enough to keep it in its proper place and would not prevent the pulling on your lobes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results