shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm either 5' 1 3/4" on a good day or 5' 1 1/2" on a bad day, haha. And I weigh 100lbs.

Well...I am not used to being as short as I now am. I shrank with age. I used to be 5' 4 3/4". But I asked my doctor to measure me a few months ago and I am now only 5' 2". I used to be able to call myself
5' 5", which in my day was actually above average height for a woman. (5' 4" was the average height.)

Now people have gotten significantly taller so that the average height for a woman is greater and I have shrunk!

I am a positive mountain of size compared to you, but I am so used to everyone saying that I am tiny, that I say I am tiny now! I am usually 112 or 113 pounds. this morning I was 113 pounds. People keep telling me to gain weight. I see all the fat and bulges I have. But I do wear size 2 and 4 clothes, so I know I am not large.

Deb :wavey:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well...I am not used to being as short as I now am. I shrank with age. I used to be 5' 4 3/4". But I asked my doctor to measure me a few months ago and I am now only 5' 2". I used to be able to call myself
5' 5", which in my day was actually above average height for a woman. (5' 4" was the average height.)

Now people have gotten significantly taller so that the average height for a woman is greater and I have shrunk!

I am a positive mountain of size compared to you, but I am so used to everyone saying that I am tiny, that I say I am tiny now! I am usually 112 or 113 pounds. this morning I was 113 pounds. People keep telling me to gain weight. I see all the fat and bulges I have. But I do wear size 2 and 4 clothes, so I know I am not large.

Haha, we Asians are small, but am even smaller than your average Asian (thanks, dad!:rolleyes:). It doesn't help that I'm very small-framed/ have tiny bones.

I do NOT want to shrink!!:shock: I canNOT afford to shrink!!:-o:lol:. To this end, I now do lots of weight/ resistant-training and drink lots of milk, in the hope that I will not shrink!!

People are always telling me to put on weight. I'm not skinny, at all! I wear a size 0 but am super fit and super lean (or at least on the way to being super duper lean & fit). I just ignore people or tune them out when they tell me I need to put on weight!!

Your height and weight sound perfect to me.:appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, we Asians are small, but am even smaller than your average Asian (thanks, dad!:rolleyes:). It doesn't help that I'm very small-framed/ have tiny bones.

I do NOT want to shrink!!:shock: I canNOT afford to shrink!!:-o:lol:. To this end, I now do lots of weight/ resistant-training and drink lots of milk, in the hope that I will not shrink!!

People are always telling me to put on weight. I'm not skinny, at all! I wear a size 0 but am super fit and super lean (or at least on the way to being super duper lean & fit). I just ignore people or tune them out when they tell me I need to put on weight!!

I'm the sam height as you @Phoenix but got 15 pounds on you! You're my goal body. But I just keep running and eat like every meal is my last so I'm making my peace with these 15 pounds. You're in great shape Phoenix. Just keep it up!
@canuk-gal you're in great shape too. Just keep up the resistance training. I'm shorter and heavier than both of you. Nobody tells me to gain weight. :lol-2:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm the sam height as you @Phoenix but got 15 pounds on you! You're my goal body. But I just keep running and eat like every meal is my last so I'm making my peace with these 15 pounds. You're in great shape Phoenix. Just keep it up!
@canuk-gal you're in great shape too. Just keep up the resistance training. I'm shorter and heavier than both of you. Nobody tells me to gain weight. :lol-2:

Thank you. I think the most important is that you're healthy and happy = my number 1 priority. You're in great shape too, @LLJsmom, I seem to remember seeing from the pics on here.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I should not be turning this into another weight and exercise thread. Jambalaya already has a wonderful one going. However, you young women are inspiring me. Everyone I know ignores my flaccid body, telling me to stop losing weight. I could easily lose 15 more pounds and I truly need to exercise. I used to walk the dog, who died a couple of weeks ago, and now i do nothing. Since I am, by most people's standards (especially for my age) "tiny', no one gets after me for my weight. But I am not lean or fit and I could be!!!

As I said, you are inspiring me. I look fabulous in clothes, but I have absolutely no muscle tone except in the few places where I have built muscle (and I mean a few) because I did things like carry a baby and groceries in my arms over the years. (I have some biceps.) I won't threadjack anymore here. I'll try to remember that it is OK to be 100 pounds at 5' 2". (I, also, have tiny bones although they may not be as small as a small Asian woman's. They are much smaller than the average Caucasian woman's.)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I should not be turning this into another weight and exercise thread. Jambalaya already has a wonderful one going. However, you young women are inspiring me. Everyone I know ignores my flaccid body, telling me to stop losing weight. I could easily lose 15 more pounds and I truly need to exercise. I used to walk the dog, who died a couple of weeks ago, and now i do nothing. Since I am, by most people's standards (especially for my age) "tiny', no one gets after me for my weight. But I am not lean or fit and I could be!!!

As I said, you are inspiring me. I look fabulous in clothes, but I have absolutely no muscle tone except in the few places where I have built muscle (and I mean a few) because I did things like carry a baby and groceries in my arms over the years. (I have some biceps.) I won't threadjack anymore here. I'll try to remember that it is OK to be 100 pounds at 5' 2". (I, also, have tiny bones although they may not be as small as a small Asian woman's. They are much smaller than the average Caucasian woman's.)

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The first thing I noticed in your perspective shot were your abs. Your body is amazing.

Sparkly2017

Rough_Rock
@Phoenix not only do you have the most incredible jewellery collection but you're in incredible shape. You're my hero!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sparkly2017

Rough_Rock
It takes hard work to look that good so good on you!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It takes hard work to look that good so good on you!!

Thank you.:)):)) It really does actually!! I have to work my butt off (literally), have to eat clean....no drinking, no to very very little sugar, low carbs, low fat, high protein etc etc...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you.:)):)) It really does actually!! I have to work my butt off (literally), have to eat clean....no drinking, no to very very little sugar, low carbs, low fat, high protein etc etc...
I can believe it!! It's all about the food. Sugar is my down fall. I'm like a rat in a cage with sugar...

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can believe it!! It's all about the food. Sugar is my down fall. I'm like a rat in a cage with sugar...

It's partly food (the majority, yes) and partly exercise.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, didn't mean to threadjack.

I shall post in my own thread now (Consolidated Collection or another thread entirely) and if anyone would like, please join me there. If there's enough interest, I'd be happy to start a new thread about skincare, makeup, weight, health etc.:wavey:

Last edited:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, didn't mean to threadjack.

I shall post in my own thread now (Consolidated Collection or another thread entirely) and if anyone would like, please join me there. If there's enough interest, I'd be happy to start a new thread about skincare, makeup, weight, health etc.:wavey:
Yes little sister! I have much to learn from you!!!! I always love all your lip shades that you put together!

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Hi VCA lovers!
My SA called me today and told me there will be an increase on 9/28. He thinks it will be primarily on the Perlee and Alhambra line, and estimates it will be a 6% increase.
I live in the US and don't know if this affects all stores internationally or just those in the US. I would hate for anyone who is planning to purchase a piece get unlucky and buy on 9/29.
Hope this helps someone!:wavey:

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Noooooo! I can't buy anything until my refi closes at the beginning of Oct. I've been planning on buying the Perlee ring next month. :(2

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huh! I just asked my SA here in Singapore and asked again . She said no and no again, no price increase. What's going on?!:confused:

Last edited:

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Maybe it's just in the US???

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DOUBLE ARGH!! Got confirmation from my SA that it is true. Definitely Alhambra. Not sure what else.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, my SA repeats that there will be NO price increase in Singapore. She surmises that it's going to be in the US bc of the Euro:USD exchange rate. I read elsewhere that the increase will be across the board, not just the Alhambra line.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, my SA repeats that there will be NO price increase in Singapore. She surmises that it's going to be in the US bc of the Euro:USD exchange rate. I read elsewhere that the increase will be across the board, not just the Alhambra line.

Ha!! My SA is utterly hopeless!! She just called me tonight to tell me that there WILL be a price increase, effective 28th Sept!!:roll

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ugh! I planned on getting the frivole earrings next year :wall:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so I tried really really hard to love the pave sweet earrings but when I put them on, it was “meh”. I am so bummed at myself! What is wrong with me?? So I went with the rose gold vintage bracelet. Ordered it. I tried on other earrings but everything was just “meh” compared to my studs. I guess I am just a studs girl.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results