shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Tiffany!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's finally on my wrist! :kiss2: I can't say enough about this piece. It's ridiculously heavy & yet it's as smooth as butter - it just feels glorious. My forever bangle hunt is over. Happy 15 years to us :appl:

PXL_20220902_075832464~2.jpg
PXL_20220902_125845936~2.jpg

PXL_20220902_125855418~2.jpg

PXL_20220902_125616854~2.jpg

Yessssss :love: :love: :love:

Omg Ally you don’t know how wide I’m grinning right now. Seriously SO happy that you ended up sticking with Tiffany!! You have such a beautiful and diverse Tiffany collection ❤️

It looks phenomenal on you, of course, but you already know that!! Wearable luxury. Something that feels right and comfortable, that you get used to always having with you, but that every so often you stop and marvel at… So I reckon there’s a fair similarity to a fifteen year marriage there :bigsmile: :appl: :love: Happy anniversary!! More photos!!! :bigsmile:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's finally on my wrist! :kiss2: I can't say enough about this piece. It's ridiculously heavy & yet it's as smooth as butter - it just feels glorious. My forever bangle hunt is over. Happy 15 years to us :appl:

Happy Anniversary @Ally T, bangle looks scrumptious! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ally T Happy Anniversary! Absolutely stunning bracelet, wear it in good health and here’s to many more wonderful years of marriage!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! This bangle bangle so comfortable - I didn't know it was there overnight & yet just moving around I can feel it's weight. It's heavy!

@yssie Thank you as always, you curator of beautiful words, you. One of my besties has just said that I am putting together the most classiest sets of jewellery & I thought yeah, I am, aren't I?! It feels nice to be able to slowly go after what I have always really wanted & I will always be grateful & thankful that this can happen. Although that's me done until my 50th now, as I have had some lovely things in less than 12 months & now we have to knuckle down & focus on getting the Vicarage sorted out!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Just so beautiful and looks so great worn!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I’m trying to figure out what comfortable, daily bracelet I want to add into my collection. I’m saving for it over the next year.

I went to Tiffany’s to try the new lock bangle, and unfortunately I was firmly between sizes - the M was too tight, and the L wildly flopped around. I wear the 18 in Cartier Love if that’s helpful…But it was fabulous and so luxe. If anyone is tempted..it’s stunning!

But the hardware collection was in the case next to it…so I figured why not!

I loooooved the medium rose gold. They have the perfect RG alloy…I’m torn between that and the YG Cartier Love! In a perfect world I’d get both, but not for some time..:

108CCF8A-54F4-4629-8CB3-B90B1F6017AC.jpeg
A91F0976-6B54-45AE-9A54-827F455128E0.jpeg
906BCFCE-2500-477E-A89B-21C493BD2801.jpeg
^ YG, RG, YG lock bangle

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I’m trying to figure out what comfortable, daily bracelet I want to add into my collection. I’m saving for it over the next year.

I went to Tiffany’s to try the new lock bangle, and unfortunately I was firmly between sizes - the M was too tight, and the L wildly flopped around. I wear the 18 in Cartier Love if that’s helpful…But it was fabulous and so luxe. If anyone is tempted..it’s stunning!

I loooooved the medium rose gold. They have the perfect RG alloy…I’m torn between that and the YG Cartier Love! In a perfect world I’d get both, but not for some time..:

^ YG, RG, YG lock bangle

Ooh do you have a pic of the Cartier Love on you as well?

I think that the Hardwear vs the Love have slightly different practicalities to them - the main one being whether you want to be able to take it off without assistance! Also, whether you like the visual rigidity of a bangle vs the fluidity of a bracelet.

They're both gorgeous pieces though so you can't go wrong :)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Ooh do you have a pic of the Cartier Love on you as well?

I think that the Hardwear vs the Love have slightly different practicalities to them - the main one being whether you want to be able to take it off without assistance! Also, whether you like the visual rigidity of a bangle vs the fluidity of a bracelet.

They're both gorgeous pieces though so you can't go wrong :)

Thank you! It’s so hard to pic! I’m a ways out from making a choice..but there is something more feminine about a fluid bracelet vs the bangle. But the Love is the most comfortable bangle I’ve ever worn!

They didn’t have YG in my size, and so I only have pics of RG/WG. I find the rose gold at Cartier really coppery and less flattering on my skin tone than Tiffany’s! But I love the RG too…WG color didn’t suit me at all IMO

40FB3B9F-7318-48BD-94DC-C8702C59AF9E.jpeg 9F44D152-A710-49E8-9A20-DAB53E6D3634.jpeg

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! It’s so hard to pic! I’m a ways out from making a choice..but there is something more feminine about a fluid bracelet vs the bangle. But the Love is the most comfortable bangle I’ve ever worn!

They didn’t have YG in my size, and so I only have pics of RG/WG. I find the rose gold at Cartier really coppery and less flattering on my skin tone than Tiffany’s! But I love the RG too…WG color didn’t suit me at all IMO

40FB3B9F-7318-48BD-94DC-C8702C59AF9E.jpeg 9F44D152-A710-49E8-9A20-DAB53E6D3634.jpeg

Do keep us updated on what you decide :)

Interesting you say that about the tone of the RG; I have a RG JUC and a RG Bean necklace from Tiffany’s, and feel like the JUC is more yellow / less copper than the Bean! But I did get my Bean about ten years ago and the metal compositions have probably changed…

AL12

Shiny_Rock

^ YG, RG, YG lock bangle

So much YG goodness! @Cerulean I need to leverage your expertise.

Did you ever have a DK 18K gold in your possession? I’m trying to see how it compares to Tiffany’s 18K gold since I started a project with them.

I went into Tiffany’s over the weekend to try on some rings just to gauge sizing for a five stone project but I noticed that their YG seemed to look really bright yellow (?) versus the deep gold color that I prefer. Since I don’t have much jewelry yet, my reference point is that I love vintage Chanel 24k plated gold and if 24k was a viable option for jewelry it would definitely be my choice.

I’m not sure if it was the Tiffany’s store lighting that threw me off or if I just need to look at the more closely. They were about to close to so I couldn’t look for as long as I wanted. Perhaps the ones I saw were actually 14k?

Wanted to see your thoughts on how Tiffany’s YG compares to other vendors that you have seen or have in possession.

Ultimately I might just need to look at more stores to compare 14k versus 18k in person/make a stop at DK to see the golds side by side.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
So much YG goodness! @Cerulean I need to leverage your expertise.

Did you ever have a DK 18K gold in your possession? I’m trying to see how it compares to Tiffany’s 18K gold since I started a project with them.

I went into Tiffany’s over the weekend to try on some rings just to gauge sizing for a five stone project but I noticed that their YG seemed to look really bright yellow (?) versus the deep gold color that I prefer. Since I don’t have much jewelry yet, my reference point is that I love vintage Chanel 24k plated gold and if 24k was a viable option for jewelry it would definitely be my choice.

I’m not sure if it was the Tiffany’s store lighting that threw me off or if I just need to look at the more closely. They were about to close to so I couldn’t look for as long as I wanted. Perhaps the ones I saw were actually 14k?

Wanted to see your thoughts on how Tiffany’s YG compares to other vendors that you have seen or have in possession.

Ultimately I might just need to look at more stores to compare 14k versus 18k in person/make a stop at DK to see the golds side by side.

So, this is a really great question! I will caveat a few things, I don't own any of DK's 18k YG, but I have seen his 18K YG (my sister got her e-ring there...) I don't own any of Tiffany's YG, but I did notice that it is bright YELLOW, and I would guess that it is similar. DK's yellow gold is very straight, bright yellow, no hint of warmth. Might even be brighter than Tiffany's, but hard to say without them being side by side.

Tiffany's YG looked quite bright yellow next to my 18k YG from Old World Diamonds, (which I expect is an alloy chosen to mimic antiques and has a bit of a rosy color to it). I am guessing Tiffany's does this because their RG is such a soft color (that is the bracelet solo next to my watch) - my husband mistook it for YG! I also don't think they have 14k at all. I have even contemplated a RG wedding band from them because I am so delighted by their alloy.

I have read marvelous things about 18k peach gold from DK on this forum, I think @mrs-b has some experience with it, as well as a few others. I wonder if that might be a good fit for you?

It is sooo hard to discern these subtleties without seeing them IRL, so if you can view alloys in person I absolutely would!

It is subtle...but you can get a hint of the difference in color here. This is Tiffany's classic 3mm 18k YG wedding band next to my 18k YG ring from OWD. I loved the shape of their bands so much that I may go for it despite the differences.

IMG-3071.jpg

IMG-3070.jpg

IMG-3072.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AL12 -

Everything @Cerulean said about gold colors was right on the money - including her comparison comments between DKJ and Tiffany 18kt. I love both - but I prefer Tiffany. It's the most glorious rich yellow. DKJ's bright yellow 18kt is so sunny looking and delicious - I love that also - and ramped it up recently with a 20kt yellow gold plain band ring from them.

The peach gold (my favorite) matches neither, so, altho it's my fave, I'd advise caution on this, as you won't be able to match it exactly. If that level of match is something that's important to you, you'll probably want to go a different route.

Good luck!

PS. Love your band, @Cerulean!

AL12

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @Cerulean and @mrs-b! So helpful. Ultimately I need to just go back to DK to look at their shades of gold. Kicking myself for not doing it when I was there but better to get it right from the get-go.

@Cerulean, i actually really like the Tiffany YG in your photos and it looks "deeper" in color in your photos than how I saw it irl. this is why photos only are so tricky! thanks for sharing as always! I don't visually see a huge difference in the gold from the photos if that means anything (and you've seen first hand my pickiness about color) and I think it's a great pairing! I say go for it?? :D

@mrs-b i think I need DK to line up his 14k, 18k, antique gold and peach gold---i actually had no idea they had a 20K offering and while I wonder if it will be too soft (i am hard on my hands), I'll have to ask to see it also! I am worried (for myself) when you describe his 18K as sunny... since my preference is a deep, warm gold but we will have to see! Feel free to also tag me on any posts where you've shared pictures of the peach gold! I've seen it in passing long ago, but would have to hunt for it again!

Agree that if I went for the more specialized antique gold or peach gold from DK, that may mean trouble matching colors if I decide to go for another vendor in the future.

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
When I've been in the Tiffany stores, it seems to my eye, that some of their yellow gold pieces appear brighter in tone than others. For example, the Victoria Vine East West necklace looks super bright, but the traditional wedding bands look more medium-toned. Perhaps its be the same gold, just reflecting light differently due to the angles of the piece's pattern/design, or perhaps there are different polishes or variations in alloy? I don't know.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, this is a really great question! I will caveat a few things, I don't own any of DK's 18k YG, but I have seen his 18K YG (my sister got her e-ring there...) I don't own any of Tiffany's YG, but I did notice that it is bright YELLOW, and I would guess that it is similar. DK's yellow gold is very straight, bright yellow, no hint of warmth. Might even be brighter than Tiffany's, but hard to say without them being side by side.

Tiffany's YG looked quite bright yellow next to my 18k YG from Old World Diamonds, (which I expect is an alloy chosen to mimic antiques and has a bit of a rosy color to it). I am guessing Tiffany's does this because their RG is such a soft color (that is the bracelet solo next to my watch) - my husband mistook it for YG! I also don't think they have 14k at all. I have even contemplated a RG wedding band from them because I am so delighted by their alloy.

I have read marvelous things about 18k peach gold from DK on this forum, I think @mrs-b has some experience with it, as well as a few others. I wonder if that might be a good fit for you?

It is sooo hard to discern these subtleties without seeing them IRL, so if you can view alloys in person I absolutely would!

It is subtle...but you can get a hint of the difference in color here. This is Tiffany's classic 3mm 18k YG wedding band next to my 18k YG ring from OWD. I loved the shape of their bands so much that I may go for it despite the differences.

@ Cerulean I love that band with your new ring! The domed shape goes so well with the shape of the diamond. It gets my vote!

IMG-3071.jpg

IMG-3070.jpg

IMG-3072.jpg

AL12

Shiny_Rock
When I've been in the Tiffany stores, it seems to my eye, that some of their yellow gold pieces appear brighter in tone than others. For example, the Victoria Vine East West necklace looks super bright, but the traditional wedding bands look more medium-toned. Perhaps its be the same gold, just reflecting light differently due to the angles of the piece's pattern/design, or perhaps there are different polishes or variations in alloy? I don't know.

Oh wow thanks for that observation and
…curve ball! I don’t even know the name of the rings I looked at but all in the same display were very bright yellow gold (to me).

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow thanks for that observation and
…curve ball! I don’t even know the name of the rings I looked at but all in the same display were very bright yellow gold (to me).

I have some YG Tiffany & it's really rich, buttery & bright. It compares to nothing else I own in 18ct for pure luxe. I will try & remember to take some pictures tomorrow in daylight for you, but my pieces are also on this thread for you to see.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Cerulean and @mrs-b! So helpful. Ultimately I need to just go back to DK to look at their shades of gold. Kicking myself for not doing it when I was there but better to get it right from the get-go.

@Cerulean, i actually really like the Tiffany YG in your photos and it looks "deeper" in color in your photos than how I saw it irl. this is why photos only are so tricky! thanks for sharing as always! I don't visually see a huge difference in the gold from the photos if that means anything (and you've seen first hand my pickiness about color) and I think it's a great pairing! I say go for it?? :D

@mrs-b i think I need DK to line up his 14k, 18k, antique gold and peach gold---i actually had no idea they had a 20K offering and while I wonder if it will be too soft (i am hard on my hands), I'll have to ask to see it also! I am worried (for myself) when you describe his 18K as sunny... since my preference is a deep, warm gold but we will have to see! Feel free to also tag me on any posts where you've shared pictures of the peach gold! I've seen it in passing long ago, but would have to hunt for it again!

Agree that if I went for the more specialized antique gold or peach gold from DK, that may mean trouble matching colors if I decide to go for another vendor in the future.

I should have also caveated that my sensitivity to color differences is so ridiculous it's borderline obsessive haha

and i don't mean "color sensitivity" just for diamonds...i remember picking white paint for my living room...i had about 40 white paint chips scattered all over the floor in Home depot and it took me a few hours to pick, toting chips around the store in different lighting...the guy at the paint counter thought i had lost my marbles :lol:

so if you don't see color differences, you may IRL - or it may be so small that it doesn't matter to you! i find subtle shade differences sort of charming, but i always know they are there

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

you know now that you mention it, i wouldn't be surprised by this at all! i will look with more keen eyes next time i go...i always make sure to look at pieces close to the windows in stores too, natural light is definitely the best for discerning

curiouser and curiouser!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Do keep us updated on what you decide :)

Interesting you say that about the tone of the RG; I have a RG JUC and a RG Bean necklace from Tiffany’s, and feel like the JUC is more yellow / less copper than the Bean! But I did get my Bean about ten years ago and the metal compositions have probably changed…

oh interesting...they definitely started using a new alloy they call Rubedo and I think it was marketed as a new metal (lol)

I wonder if your bean necklace predates the launch of Rubedo in 2012, or if it IS Rubedo given how pink it is. i assume it is stamped?

...i wonder if they use different RG alloys, as @RunningwithScissors suggested about their YG. Rubedo has an exceptionally high copper content of 55%, I am not sure if my RG piece, which has such a golden/blush colored versus PINK could even Rubedo...my guess is it has to be another alloy, as the 55% copper would mean it isn't 18k gold (18k = 75% gold content and whatever else, usually copper and silver for RG). maybe it is another way to really differentiate Rubedo as special for marketing purposes? who knows...I will have to ask an SA next time i go in

here's a fun article about Rubedo: https://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/05/...-line-stirs-debate-over-meaning-of-metal.html

Last edited:

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
oh interesting...they definitely started using a new alloy they call Rubedo and I think it was marketed as a new metal (lol)

I wonder if your bean necklace predates the launch of Rubedo in 2012, or if it IS Rubedo given how pink it is. i assume it is stamped?

...i wonder if they use different RG alloys, as @RunningwithScissors suggested about their YG. Rubedo has an exceptionally high copper content of 55%, I am not sure if my RG piece, which has such a golden/blush colored versus PINK could even Rubedo...my guess is it has to be another alloy, as the 55% copper would mean it isn't 18k gold (18k = 75% gold content and whatever else, usually copper and silver for RG). maybe it is another way to really differentiate Rubedo as special for marketing purposes? who knows...I will have to ask an SA next time i go in

here's a fun article about Rubedo: https://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/05/...-line-stirs-debate-over-meaning-of-metal.html

My bean was bought in 2012 but it’s definitely 18k gold as I remember Rubedo coming out but I deliberately steered clear due to the low gold content. That’s because my skin can get a bit funny if I wear more reactive metals for a long period of time (what a convenient problem to have ;))

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
My bean was bought in 2012 but it’s definitely 18k gold as I remember Rubedo coming out but I deliberately steered clear due to the low gold content. That’s because my skin can get a bit funny if I wear more reactive metals for a long period of time (what a convenient problem to have ;))

Mine is the same way…I have a 9k rose gold bracelet and I can’t wear it too long!

My husband has joked “of course even your skin has expensive taste” :lol:

AL12

Shiny_Rock
I have some YG Tiffany & it's really rich, buttery & bright. It compares to nothing else I own in 18ct for pure luxe. I will try & remember to take some pictures tomorrow in daylight for you, but my pieces are also on this thread for you to see.

I scrolled up and did see... they look close to ceruleans YG band.... so both your photos and cerulean's photos seem to have a deeper richer color than how I saw it in real life. Whether it was store lighting or different alloy mix...who knows?

AL12

Shiny_Rock
I should have also caveated that my sensitivity to color differences is so ridiculous it's borderline obsessive haha

and i don't mean "color sensitivity" just for diamonds...i remember picking white paint for my living room...i had about 40 white paint chips scattered all over the floor in Home depot and it took me a few hours to pick, toting chips around the store in different lighting...the guy at the paint counter thought i had lost my marbles :lol:

so if you don't see color differences, you may IRL - or it may be so small that it doesn't matter to you! i find subtle shade differences sort of charming, but i always know they are there

I am... the SAME way. :lol: When I don't like a certain combo color it will bother me to no end. I got into a habit early on in life of choosing my outfits the night before because if I put on a rushed outfit in the AM that didn't "match" it would throw off my entire day.

bananaboat

Rough_Rock
My Tiffany's =)2 The diamond&sapphire's my wedding band; gold bear was my first christmas gift from hubby post marriage- it's my favorite necklace!; diamond eternity's my new job celebration few yrs ago. B8A20B59-6B5D-4B4B-8195-B18D345FF75F.jpeg 984B4D1D-487C-49CE-A2F7-E2A78565FDB8.jpeg C026159F-6846-4478-B249-C54DC6B6FEA4.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I think I have TOOO many posts here!!!! :bigsmile: :saint:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results